PDA

View Full Version : Second message...

katiej
04-27-2009, 10:12 AM
I went out last night and was able to observe the manners of men in general. I travelled on a bus where there was standing room only on my way home from work and, guess what, not one man bothered to give me his seat. Then I went out to meet my date and we went in several crowded bars, where men sat squarely on their seats and let a girl stand. If there's one thing that crossdressing teaches you, it's manners maketh man - and most of them are sadly lacking in that commodity. Now - I feel so much better having got that off my chest. Love from Katie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Daintre
04-27-2009, 10:48 AM
I ride the bus daily there is a new etiquette on buses. You are asked to give up your seat to the elderly, handicapped and mothers or fathers with babies or small children.

The idea of a man giving his seat up for a woman is outdated at best. Tell me, was there a reason you needed a seat? or was it just that you expected it. Men, by the way, pay just as much to ride the bus as you. We live in a world where men and women are equals and that can also mean standing on a bus.

Vieja
04-27-2009, 10:58 AM
Being an older person, never mind how old, I grew up in a different world. Since I don't use public transportation any more I don't know how things are these days in the workaday world. When I did have ocaision to ride a bus or trolley I would always offer my seat to a lady. These days I doubt that I would offer my seat to a young lady for fear that they would think I was coming on to them.

Vieja

Lisa Golightly
04-27-2009, 10:59 AM
Oh there are still some real gentlemen out there... :)

sissystephanie
04-27-2009, 11:03 AM
Jenni, I agree with your first paragraph but not with your second statement. Chivalry is not dead, at least not in my family or among my friends. I am a panty wearing crossdresser, but I am also a died in the wool Male Chauvinist Pig and proud of it. I hold doors for ladies, hold a chair at the table for ladies, and will give up my seat on a bus for a lady, even if said lady is a CD!

My thinking may be old school, but it is the way I was raised and I am certainly not going to change now that I am well into my 70"s.

docrobbysherry
04-27-2009, 11:08 AM
Being an older person, never mind how old, I grew up in a different world. Since I don't use public transportation any more I don't know how things are these days in the workaday world. When I did have ocaision to ride a bus or trolley I would always offer my seat to a lady. These days I doubt that I would offer my seat to a young lady for fear that they would think I was coming on to them.
Vieja

On a tram overseas last year, I had a young woman stand up and offer me her seat!:eek:
I was in drab, of course!
After I got over the shock, I politely refused! But, thots of plastic surgery went thru my mind!:brolleyes:

Karren H
04-27-2009, 11:10 AM
Well women wanted equality so its first come first serve and if you want to be a woman then they who came before you already set the new rules!! Guess you should have been born 50 years ago! Lol

TxKimberly
04-27-2009, 11:14 AM
I'd have to admit that I still give my seat to a lady and I still open doors for them too.

Katie - forgive what may seem like a blunt question, but I can't think of any way to sugar coat it. Do you consider yourself 100% passable? The intent of my question is wondering if they refused to offer a seat to someone they thought was a woman, or if instead, they refused to offer a seat to someone they knew was a cross dresser?

Teri Jean
04-27-2009, 12:08 PM
Call it what you like but good manners is just that and sadly people today by large are so rappedup in themselves they for get what we learned in kindegarden. Hold the door or give up the seat and carry the package when it is warrented. The smile and thanks is the only payment needed. Huggs Keli