PDA

View Full Version : Why do you Xdress?

curse within
04-27-2009, 05:32 PM
From reading some post here I am beginning to wonder why some of us Crossdress.

Has it become more of a habit than meaning for some? I am just curious not picking any bones here for arguement sakes.

I do it because I have a continues urge at times that tells me I need to express this part of me. Perhaps fighting this urge and the struggles I went through to contain this part of me through out my life , has made me more of a sensitive person towards the gender I was not born as.

I know we are all different in how we express ourselves . Does your dressing have meaning ? Or is it Habit?

Karren H
04-27-2009, 05:35 PM
I'm driven to crossdress.... that's it.... So since I can't quite I have embrace it and turned it into a hobby!! or a sport.... And I haven't dressed since January but it isn't bothering me one bit..... sigh......

KarenCDFL
04-27-2009, 05:39 PM
Feeling and looking feminine allows the image I have of myself become real.

Its funny, In the morning as I get ready to walk out the door for work, I always take a moment to see if I forgot anything.

I always seem to feel incomplete without at least some makeup on. Sigh.

Jessica Who
04-27-2009, 05:44 PM
I feel a strong urge to be feminine and appear as such from time to time. I quite enjoy the clothing and makeup, as well as learning things about them. When I dress I feel excited, happy, and calm because I am able to express the other side of my personality.

Samantha43
04-27-2009, 05:52 PM
It's a need I have that I don't understand. It's just plain fun, so I go with it.

Alice B
04-27-2009, 06:06 PM
Why not.

sissystephanie
04-27-2009, 06:10 PM
I'm driven to crossdress.... that's it.... So since I can't quite I have embrace it and turned it into a hobby!! or a sport.... And I haven't dressed since January but it isn't bothering me one bit..... sigh......

And I thought Karren would never, ever tell a lie!!

Personally, I dress because I like to! I am not driven, or turned on by it, etc. I just like the fit, feel, and look of feminine clothing. As most of you know, I did stop for a 5 year period and only started dressing again because my dear late wife wanted me to.

I'm dressed as I write this, panties, bra, white v-neck Tee, and Turquoise skirt that comes just above my knees. I will be going out to eat as soon as I finish this, at a restaurant I have not been to before.

Hope you all enjoy dressing as much as I do!!:love: As Alice B says, "Why not?"

:hugs::hugs:

Gabrielle Hermosa
04-27-2009, 06:11 PM
From a very young age, I've had a fascination with how women looked, dressed and made themselves up. I didn't quite understand the differences between sexes when I first longed to dress like a girl, but I knew I wanted to look like they did - the pretty ones I loved to stare at.

Fast forward through the confusion & self-loathing years on to self-acceptance and exploration...

I crossdress simply because I LOVE it! :)

It was never enough for me to see a beautiful woman or hold her close to me - I had to BECOME that beautiful woman. I had to OWN it (the look). I love women. I REALLY love women... perhaps too much. The ones I find more beautiful - from their look to their style and the way they present themselves... it drives me crazy - I want it SO bad, I need to become it.

Honestly, since accepting myself as a crossdresser and enjoying it more, I've calmed down a lot. I can admire a beautiful woman now without her driving me so crazy (and having to keep my eyes from popping out of my head :heehee: ) I can't say I can become the beautiful woman that I long to see, but I work at it and try to get as close as I can given what I have to work with. :)

I dress because I need to... I need to be ME, that is.

I dress because I like to. It's something I find highly enjoyable and I love the art of trying to become as feminine as possible. Yes, there is an art to it for me.

I dress because it is stress relieving and relaxing. I love to feel feminine. What can I say? I'm a girly-man! :heehee: Maybe not girly all the time, but how I LOVE to be girly when I can. :)

I dress because I can. For many years it was out of reach, but I can now, and so I will. Why on earth wouldn't I? I mean, I LOVE it! :)

There are so many reasons. I think the most important and relevant reason is I crossdress because it's me and I love it! :)

Carly D.
04-27-2009, 06:13 PM
Habit I suppose.. it has the same meaning as it did when I started. actually I think it has changed over the years but for the most part I still really get a charge from wearing heels & hose...

Rachel B
04-27-2009, 06:56 PM
I used to think it was a fetish or an addiction, until I researched (both externally and internally) a bit more.

Now I'm of the opinion (in my case anyway) that it is a need or desire. It doesnt require fulfilling all the time. In fact I am now only dressing as and when I get the urge.

I hadnt worn anything femme for a few months until the other day when I was clearing some space in the drawer. Somehow just being in and around my femme clothes gave me the desire to dress. :idontknow:

At the moment my desire to present en femme is less than 10% of the time, I am happy with that. If it drops or rises I will be equally as happy.

Maybe I am finally getting into a situation where I control what goes on in my life, not the other way round? :daydreaming:

Pattie O
04-27-2009, 07:00 PM
I enjoy the sensual feel of feminine clothes and just feel more relaxed when Im wearing womens clothes and I love to get fully dressed and have full make up on.Why?I'm not sure but it feels as though i'm programmed this way.

:daydreaming:Pattie

marla01
04-27-2009, 07:06 PM
To me, it's tied to being a social animal. As a social animal, my soul is fed by my social interactions the same way my body is fed by food.

Now the social interaction of a woman in society is quite different than the social interaction of a man. And for whatever reason, my soul needs that social interaction as a woman. It feeds my soul.

Marla

erica12b
04-27-2009, 07:12 PM
for the weak of hart, its not cool, and i dont get all the girls with it, its not going to make me popular, it is somthing i need to do, im trying to excet this part of myself, you know?

Dressing Jill
04-27-2009, 07:13 PM
I luv the diversity of clothing that is available to me to dress as a women. Men clothes are so drab.

It is me when I am at home or in the woods hunting.lol

Found a wonderful pair of pink camo shorts today at gander mountain. I am wearing them Tonite to do house work. Thought I might sneak up on the dirt.LOL.....

Hugs

Jill

KateW
04-27-2009, 07:23 PM
I can no easier explain why I crossdress or say why I like sandwiches. I just do!

LisaM
04-27-2009, 07:40 PM
It makes me feel real or normal---it just makes me feel me.

dennisGTS
04-27-2009, 08:11 PM
It's a need I have that I don't understand. It's just plain fun, so I go with it.

So true!!! Couldn't have said it any better!

Nicki B
04-27-2009, 08:26 PM
If you think it's just a habit, try stopping.. ;)

Gennifer
04-27-2009, 08:53 PM
I agree, I tried stopping, and did for a while but then...

I have come to the conclusion that I dress because, as my SO says, "that's who I am." I don't know why I do it. But, it feels good, feels right most of the time.

Ashley_CD-RI
04-27-2009, 09:04 PM
I agree, I tried stopping, and did for a while but then...
True. How many times have we gone through a "purge" state, only to come around again, usually a bit further than we were before the purge?

Bethany38
04-27-2009, 09:50 PM
I have had the need to dress since I was a youngster. I have never understood why I feel this urge but I do feel it greatly. As I began to grow up I found out that my behavior was not looked kindky upon. So with this knowledge at hand I repressed my urges to dress and buried my femm side. In doing this I Became somewhat half of who I am. Now that I have been able to rediscover this side of me I am beginning to become whole again. However as with so many here I still have to hide this side from most everyone I know. My wife is the only one whom knows Bethany besides I and of course all of you. If it were not for my loving wife I would still be only half of whom I am supposed to be. I feel it would be a waste if I were to go through life still not knowing or recognizing Bethany and the joy it brings me becoming her. I still feel uneasy at times with this side of myself, but I am still greatful for finally finding out why I feel girly at times. Emotionally I am half a man yes, but I am also half a woman too which I feel makes me a complete person. Now I am finally a force to be reckoned with.

Bethany:love:

P.S. Yes sometimes I can be quite full of myself lol.

Miranda09
04-27-2009, 10:25 PM
I can no easier explain why I crossdress or say why I like sandwiches. I just do!

:iagree:

Sallee
04-27-2009, 10:47 PM
I like your answer

LA CINDY LOVE
04-27-2009, 10:48 PM
I love the excitement from dressing women have a large variety of clothing to wear along with other things,the thrill I get when I am out and about, has change over the years going out to the clubs is not what it use to be.

Going out to clubs and at night is not as exciting as it us to be, I love the attention and I get a bigger thrill from going out and about in the day, I go
places and do more things in the day times then most Cd's will do.

Cindy love the attention the thrill and the excitement when out and about, getting dress and stay at home is a big wast of time to Cindy I love to push the boundaries by dressing and doing new thing and going to new places.....to Cindy it is a game that she love to play.

LA CINDY LOVE

Sallee
04-27-2009, 10:49 PM
I don't have a good answer other than it is fun. I do understand why people don't understand it. But for me it is fun and I think I look pretty good and I am a majority of at least 1

Phyliss Hdson
04-27-2009, 10:56 PM
Deffinately not a habit for me. I have been dressing for many years, tried yo stop a couple of times,but it only made my desires worse. I still get excited every time I dress up even if I just stay home. I would go nuts if Phyliss could not get out on a regular basis. I do it because I love it, doing my make up. clip clopping around in my heels, the way the clothes feel against my skin, the way I feel when I step out.
Hugs Phyliss

Taylermade
04-27-2009, 11:45 PM
Much to the demise of "SOME" people, I do it as a hobby.
It allows me to express my fem side.

DawnRodgers
04-28-2009, 12:06 AM
Because it feels natural and sexy and, even after 40 years it is still a turn on. I would rather present as female than male - anytime.

Deanna2
04-28-2009, 03:39 AM
Because I can.

TJ Tresa
04-28-2009, 04:27 AM
First of all I have a need to experience the feminine side of my personality, I fully embrace my alter ego and since I have an undestanding wife I am free to do so anytime while at home, ( no I do not venture outside of our home while enfemme.)
Second, now that you raised the question I will admit that sometimes I dress out of habit, as I feel more comfortable wearing a pair of panties and a bra, and either shorts and a top, of a casual dress. Which I always enjoy doing. When I realize I dressing out of habit I try to give it reast for a day or two, just can't seem to go anylonger.
So I guess My answer to your question is Yes and No. Hugs from TJ Tresa.

Claire Cook
04-28-2009, 05:39 AM
Gabrielle has said it all for me...

audrey-lynn
04-28-2009, 06:00 AM
I just love the way I feel when dressed. It just seems so right.

Teresa Macaw
04-28-2009, 06:08 AM
Because I can now, inner felling since being young, I hate boring man clothes, love heels, love the way I look en femme, hobby, shared experience with friends - as most Tgirls I've meet are very caring & better friends than most men, can't tell you the last time a man friend called just to see how I am, new adventures, makeup, etc...

Joanne f
04-28-2009, 07:15 AM
I do not believe that i cross dress i simply wear the clothes that i like because i love wearing them for the look and the feel as i do many things just for the enjoyment.
It is others who believe that i cross dress.

karynspanties
04-28-2009, 07:46 AM
I started dressing when I was about 5 years old. Why? I was born transgendered. I have a woman inside me. I believe it's an xy chromosome thing. Just like I believe sexuality is not a choice, it's how you are programmed in the womb. I am more comfy in panties than mens underwear. So that's what I wear 24/7. Dressing can be and has been made sexual for me at times, but not a necessity. If I could go back in time knowing what I know now, I would come out at an early of an age as possible and probably would have started my transition in my late teens. But, I am 44, married (happily), with a family and there are way too many poeple that would be hurt now, so I is what I is. But if I could go back and change my life.....I would.

suesan
04-28-2009, 09:24 AM
there is a need in me to cd, when i crossdress it calms my whole person,lets me release who i am,

Erica K.
04-28-2009, 01:44 PM
It alows the real me to exsist happily. I don't know how far i want to take this (full time, implants?), but I know I don't want to stop. It would be like killing the best part of who I am. I don't view it as a hobby, like video games or sports. It's one of the things I do. To me, my job is a hobby, not what I do or who I am.

Marilynn
04-28-2009, 03:52 PM
For me, it's like joining a theatre group and going on stage as someone else. I get to be a character very different from me.

Deborah Jane
04-28-2009, 04:03 PM

Yup, same here!!

StevieTV
04-28-2009, 04:16 PM
'cause my closet is full of female clothing just my size...:daydreaming:

Carly D.
04-28-2009, 05:39 PM
Habit I suppose.. it has the same meaning as it did when I started. actually I think it has changed over the years but for the most part I still really get a charge from wearing heels & hose...

"It's me not you" and what that means I don't know, but usually that is what is said when the relationship ends.. truth is it is me.. cross dressing is a big part of me, I can't help it.. I'm not Carly, I just chose that name to be here and other sites across the vast cross dresser nation that seems to be growing on the internet daily.. and because of this site and others I feel more relaxed with the idea that it might just be ok to be a cross dresser, that it won't "make me go blind" or some other dastardly thing.. it's not a criminal act to cross dress.. I won't molest your gold fish or any of your other pets because I cross dress...

renaegee
04-28-2009, 05:55 PM
Clearly, it is the way I am wired. I can't explain it. The urge is getting stronger as I get older. Other changes are also occuring: I am much more sensitive and cry at the drop of a hat (never used to). Maybe it is changing hormones?? I admire female traits very much (e.g. great hair on head, no hair other places); I guess I just want to be like them.

Stephanie Kay
04-28-2009, 06:00 PM
Over the years I have come to realize that there seem to be as many reasons for crossdressing as there are crossdressers. Mine? IT"S FUN!!!

Love,
Stephanie

Carla5148
04-28-2009, 08:48 PM
I do know this. I want to dress. I have been doing it since I was a teen and I have said I was going to stop at least a hundred times. Yet, here I am. Still xdressing. It is in the genes.

Kelly Greene
04-28-2009, 09:12 PM
The best answer I can give is this I am driven form the heart to explore my feminine side and.
I like to feel good about the way I feel about the way I look

sarahNZ
04-29-2009, 10:15 AM
C W. I still don't know why I do what I do, but I do know that i somehow feel better for doing so. Maybe it has to do with my state of mind at the time eg for the last two months or so things have been hard for me and as a result I have found that I have spent most of my time in male mode, survival mode so to speak. But yesterday I was told I have a job again and today the pressure is off to survive and here I am again with my girly gears on.

I don't know maybe one day I will have an answer to the question that we all ask.

no offence Nicky but I could not even stop smoking and that is a habbit that I want to give up.

Kelli Michelle
04-29-2009, 02:31 PM
I'm driven to crossdress.... that's it....

Me too, like i'm in a ferarri!!!!! Zoom, zoom, zoom.:D:D:D:D

curse within
04-29-2009, 05:07 PM
C W. I still don't know why I do what I do, but I do know that i somehow feel better for doing so. Maybe it has to do with my state of mind at the time eg for the last two months or so things have been hard for me and as a result I have found that I have spent most of my time in male mode, survival mode so to speak. But yesterday I was told I have a job again and today the pressure is off to survive and here I am again with my girly gears on.

I don't know maybe one day I will have an answer to the question that we all ask.

Sarah,

I like that saying hope you don't mind me quoteing it " survival mode".

I sometimes wish I had it as easy as some and just accept that crossdressing is a part of my life..

In my case it is hard to accept something I do not understand, now that I am single I am going with it < so to speak >. Something I could never do from being married to a un accepting S.O. at such a young age. All those years past all that time of feeling quilt and shame.. For some of us , it's not that easy to just accept this without understanding .

I will find some understanding ,I hope, that's why I am here, but I really don't think I will find what drives me to do it......

[/QUOTE]

tricia_uktv
04-29-2009, 05:12 PM
To be me? Why ever not

sometimes_miss
04-29-2009, 05:34 PM
Read the bio at the link below and learn.

Mistybtm
04-29-2009, 05:46 PM
:DWhy because i can :D I enjoy it totaly It is who i am :hugs:

AllieSF
04-29-2009, 05:48 PM
As Flip used to say (if you remember Flip), "Because the Devil made me do it!".

TGMarla
04-29-2009, 07:15 PM
It's not an easy question to answer. When wives find out about this, it's often one of the first things they ask. "Why do you do this???" We hem and haw over an answer before we blurt out something that makes no sense to us or anyone else, or come up with some bull-hockey about expressing our feminine selves or stress relief.

Last January, I went and got new hair. It was one of the most wonderful experiences I have ever had. After that, I posted a thread about my little escapade:

And so I left, just glowing from a great experience, feeling very feminine and beautiful. It's hard to describe, but if anyone asks me why I crossdress, I'll tell them it's because every once in a while, I get to feel like that. I still feel warm all over from it.

And so, true to my word, that is why I crossdress. The short answer is because I really enjoy it, and nothing else in my life even comes close to filling that void. Sure, I have other interests and passions, but it's like loving your children. You can love one completely, but you can still love the other one(s) just as much.

There is a part of me that wishes I were female, but I cannot say that that is the reason I crossdress. I think the crossdressing has a lot to do with why I feel that way, not the other way around. Crossdressing has caused me to feel this way. Prior to crossdressing, I don't remember having such feelings.

But crossdressing became a part of me as it worked its way into my soul. Now it's there for good.

Briana Blonde
04-29-2009, 07:25 PM
I'm a transvestic fetishist so I do it because women and their clothes turn me on.

I'd probably dress less if I had a serious relationship or any respect for the dumb hoes in my life...:devil:

curse within
04-29-2009, 07:38 PM
Marla,

That was a pretty deep post , I have never been out in public I don't think I could ever have the guts to go out but I must admit , I have found some desire every now and then.

You are right about the stupid answers that we give tho, I bet 99% of us have gave the same answers to our wives or loved ones.

Tasha McIntyre
04-29-2009, 10:22 PM
When I was a teenager and I suppose in my 20's, it was a sexual thing, as in it just felt great to be in girly clothes.

In my 30's the feelings changed from feeling great to feeling great and feeling right.....I'm sure, or at least I hope you know what I mean. I was just very comfortable x dressed, even though I was deep deep in the dark depths of the closet.

Now in my 40's, two discoveries changed my CD life.

1. I found this forum and gained an enormous amount of knowledge, which gave me the courage to come out to my wife.
2. I discovered the magic of hair and make up, and finally saw how I could transform my face.

These days transforming into Tash is more of a hobby, and a very pleasurable one at that. Dressing still feels great and right, but the total transformation is the hobby that has taken over my spare time.

Cheers

Tash :)

Carly D.
04-29-2009, 11:05 PM
:dwhy because i can :d i enjoy it totaly it is who i am :hugs:

yup...

Sophie Lynne
04-29-2009, 11:21 PM
I wish I knew.

I take awful risks to do this. Marraige, career... I could lose everything is caught.

And yet I still slip on the pantyhose and the bra and the dress... and love it!

CharlotteW
04-30-2009, 08:53 AM
I've forgotten how many times I have answered this question now, but I'm happy to answer again...

I like femininity so much that I like to try it out for myself from time to time. I'll never want SRS and I wouldn't switch (by way of a magic pill) to being a woman even for a whole day.
Crossdressing has become just a bit of fun, perhaps even a hobby. It doesn't turn me on, I just like the illusion.

Angie G
04-30-2009, 09:37 AM
For the feeling of the beautiful thing I can wear, the relaxed feeling it give me, And because I can.:hugs:
Angie

LOVE2
04-30-2009, 09:54 AM
it fells great to fell like a women and look all sexy :cute:

maid phylis
04-30-2009, 10:17 AM
ever since i can remember i always wanted to be a woman.but back in the dark ages there wasnt any word or definition on what i was,but i knew that i always wanted to wear stockingsand as time progressed i found out what i was and i realize that i always wanted to dress like a woman and now in the present day we are out a bit more and we can go out all dressed up and have a great time with all our sisters.and why do i do it because its me and when i am in the city dressed up i feel like a woman.love phylisanne:love:

vivianann
05-01-2009, 12:18 AM
I dress because it makes me whole as a person. putting the dress, makeup, hose amd heels, then the wig on picks me up, I feel alive and on top of the world when enfemme, I am also in my element when enfemme, peaple who know me well tell me I am more relaxed, and my personality blossoms when I am enfemme. I love the freedom I feel when wearing dresses.

Paula Wilder
05-01-2009, 07:24 PM
I dress for fun, for stress relief, entertainment, because I feel excited and alive when enfemme, and because when I'm doing it I don't think about any of my other problems! Ultimately, it's who I am and part of my personality - I've always had a strong "feminine" side, which is probably why I've stayed being a caregiver for my chronically ill wife for almost 15 years! The stats are that most caregivers are female (something like 75%) so I sometimes joked to people that given the statistics - I must be a woman! Now, I often think I am and would like to transition, but for now I dress and act the part when I can, as often as I can. Not harming anyone, expressing my personality and supporting the economy with shopping trips!

Christina2008
05-01-2009, 07:54 PM
I crossdress to look like a woman, although I’m not sure why I feel the need to do so. What I do know is, its lots of fun, so I shall continue and develop for as long as possible.:love:

sharon2
05-02-2009, 02:40 AM
I dont know why i have always wondered myself. All i know is i love being
a woman and it makes me feel great.

bobbiegrrl
05-02-2009, 04:21 AM
For me it was something which began when I was about 8 years old. I suddenly found myself creeping from my bed in the middle of the night, dressing in my mothers things then going outside and running up and down in the back yard.

I can recall the exhilaration, but I have absolutely no recollection of planning to do it, all I have is the memory shown above.

It seemed to leave me then come back when I hit puberty. I achieved my first climax from masturbating whilst I was dressed.

So from that point, for me, it's been a sexual thing, but those who do it will know there's so much more to it than just that. I love feeling all girly, I find myself looking at clothing and lingerie, strappy high heels, thigh highs etc all the time wanting them for myself.

I've often wondered how it began, what triggered it, not to mention why I continued to do it, but I just can't stop, and these days, living alone, being able to dress and sleep in my things whenever I please, I never want to stop.

I believe we have a girl in all of us, and we were just lucky enough to find a way to bring her out of ourselves.

Too many people dress, be it just lingerie, or all the way, for me to believe it's not something the majority of men have done at some time in their lives.

You only have to look at the number of personalities who take every opportunity to appear as a woman, under the guise of comedy, to see what I mean.

I'm not out, I don't want to be, I like the excitement the taboo of it adds to what I do, then again, that's the case with almost everything I've done, lol.

ultraboy09
05-02-2009, 04:48 AM
Why: peaceful,loving,sexy,carefree,daring,exciting,scar ed,horny,wanted,different & oh yea did I say sexy!

ultraboy09
05-02-2009, 04:51 AM
I also have the desire to be around people who do the same and feel the same.

xAnne_Mariex
05-02-2009, 04:59 AM
For me crossrdessing sometimes acts as an escape from day to day problems and issues, when i'm dressed up I think about nothing else and totally get wrapped up in what i'm doing.

Of course thats not the case every day, sometimes I just love whacking on a dress and some make up and making myself look pretty, unfortunately at the moment it's more of the former though :brolleyes:

ultraboy09
05-02-2009, 05:01 AM
anne, you do know how to make yourself look pretty!

VictoriaP
05-02-2009, 05:34 AM
Whether I am wearing a sports bra, t-shirt and panties, or a dress, heels, jewelry and one of my wigs, dressing is as much who I am as when I am standing naked in the shower. I cannot NOT dress; it would be as if I decided to stop breathing. When I cannot dress (because of family, or other circumstances), I think about it, plan for it and look forward to it but the desire and need to dress does not ever leave me.
It is who I have been since I was 9 years old when I slipped on a crinoline petty coat and it will be who I am until I am laid to rest in my emerald green formal gown.

suzanneq
05-02-2009, 07:29 AM
Been trying to work that one out for years,i remember as a small child always wanting to be a girl,over the years have always tried being one,some inside me some outside me,after joining this site my feelings for being what i am have gone mad,its so encouraging there are actually real people here that are like me,you never meet them in real life?.

Jan Michell Collins
05-02-2009, 08:11 AM
Cuze I want to !!LOL It makes me feel good I like the way it feels and I like the way I feel. Some thing I don't feel when i'm in guy mode. I think it stemmes back to my child hood but more on that later. thats a whole nother story !!

Carly D.
05-02-2009, 09:52 AM
The simplest questions are always the deepest questions.. I've answered this question and the real truth is I must have been dropped on my head when I was a baby..

corrinediane
05-02-2009, 10:39 AM
It's fun and exciting. I suppose it's a sexual thrill that I enjoy. But then when I'm dressed all day doing domestic stuff around the house it not about the thrill. Just feels good. How many times when dressed as a guy do you stop to check yourself out in a mirror? For me it's never. As Corrine, when I pass a mirror I always look to make sure I'm put together. Just a part of me I like and have no plans to stop. Maybe it's because as men we don't get to pamper ourselves but as women we do. Could be overcompensation?

docrobbysherry
05-02-2009, 10:50 AM
The short answer:
For the thrill, the rush, the excitement! NOTHING gets the old juices flowing like, seeing a strange, attractive, young woman in my mirror!:daydreaming:

The long answer? I HAVEN'T a CLUE!:brolleyes:

Megan_Girl
05-02-2009, 11:35 AM
I started dressing when I was about 5 years old. Why? I was born transgendered. I have a woman inside me. I believe it's an xy chromosome thing. Just like I believe sexuality is not a choice, it's how you are programmed in the womb. I am more comfy in panties than mens underwear. So that's what I wear 24/7. Dressing can be and has been made sexual for me at times, but not a necessity. If I could go back in time knowing what I know now, I would come out at an early of an age as possible and probably would have started my transition in my late teens. But, I am 44, married (happily), with a family and there are way too many poeple that would be hurt now, so I is what I is. But if I could go back and change my life.....I would.

:iagree:
Karyn has said it better that I ever could. I xdress because I'm a transgendered person. Crossdressing helps me to feel whole.

XXX
Megan

Sherry-Stephanie
05-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Personaly for me I feel I havea domiant gender my male side and a secondary gender my female side...after all why shouldn't I possess two genders???? wasn't I concieved from a female and a male of equal parts way back when the sperm and the egg combined to becoem me....

I acknowledge my female side, I accept my female side and I validate my female side with my dressing...

Personally I think for me to get get to this point requires a tremendous amount of confidence and understanding that most dont have....because I think this is true (that we are of both genders) for each and everyone one of us who are born....and if we were all able to embrace this concept I think we'd go a long way at being a truly human species tha tis caring kind and able to get along with everyone w/o bias predjudice and the ability to blow this planet to kingdon come with a push of a button....but hey what do I know...I'm just some crazy CDer....LOL

Stormgirl
05-02-2009, 12:40 PM
Because wearing women's clothes kicks ass?

Toni_Lynn
05-02-2009, 12:43 PM
My crossdressing to me is just one of those things -- similar to liking Vernors' Ginger Ale, the Beatles, or loving Canada. It just is. In fact, it is so 'just is', that I wish that it wasn't categorised as crossdressing, cause just clothes I like to wear., the way I like to look, and the way I like to be. Sadly there are some people who have to classify everything and place us all in neat little boxes to which we must stay within as our assigned roles.

Now years ago my mum tried to tell me (in an accusatory manner) why I crossdressed. One reason, first and foremost was because I was (at age 13!) an effing f_gg_t. Odd, how that could be because at age 13 I didn't know from staright sex let alone gay sex.

Then came the real leaps of logic. I was jealous of my sister because she was a majorette and was being selfish. There is only partial truth to this one. I was jealous of all the time being spent on her, and so little be spent on me, especially when it came to going to Ocean City Maryland for our 1 week long summer get away -- and having it cut to a weekend so we could go to another parade. I was more angry cause when we went there I usually met some cute girl.

Odd how the subject of jealousy or accusations of being a lesbian never came up when my sister played softball and and wore the same uniform that boys wore.

And then of course there was the accusations that I crossdressed because I wanted to be one of the girls who adorned the pages of my secret stash of Penthouse. Again, maybe partially true. At least I sure liked the lingerie they wore and wished it would look like that on me!

But then of course the topper was why I couldn't be a crossdresser. This was after I became sexually active. And the answer is -- because I has slept with a girl!

Bottom line - -all rubbish. To me, I like the look of a cute skirt, I like a pretty pair of panties about my hips, I love looking down and seeing the shape of my breasts as defined by my bra, I like long hair. Of of these are just looks that I prefer, they make me feel good, they make me feel special.

All other dime-store psychology can take a hike. Yes -- I'll say it -- I am 100% guilty of internalised transphilia, and that in turn has resulted in the externalised transphilia found in the love I have in my marriage to my fantastic wife!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

PS -- it was also something to do on a snowy afternoon home from school :)

Patricia1
05-02-2009, 03:28 PM
This is a fairly interesting thread. "Curse Within"'s question was directed to each of us individually: "Why do you dress?" Of course, there is no "good" or "right" answer, whether this question is asked to one of us or about all of us. The individualized answers ranged from "habit", "driven" "fun" "stress-relief" to "chromosomal", "don't rightly know" and more.

I think the best response came from TGMarla who said: It's not an easy question to answer. When wives find out about this, it's often one of the first things they ask. "Why do you do this?" We hem and haw over an answer before we blurt out something that makes no sense to us or anyone else.
If anyone asks me why I crossdress, I'll tell them it's because every once in a while I get to feel warm, glowing, & feminine. There is a part of me that wishes I were female, but I cannot say that that is the reason I crossdress. I think the crossdressing has a lot to do with why I feel that way, not the other way around. Crossdressing has caused me to feel this way. Prior to crossdressing, I don't remember having such feelings.

I remember a feeling that came over me one day in August 1969. I was driving home after living out of state for about a year. During that year my crossdressing really took off and I was completely smitten. On the day that I began the long drive home I was suddenly and completely overtaken by the need to dress. I was nearly in a frenzy from this need. I couldn't dress but the feeling stayed with me for days.

I believe we dress because we must, we don't have a choice, it's something akin to a biological imperative. Why us & and not everyone? Therein lies a tale.

So whether we call it fun, stress-relief, a habit, a warm & fuzzy fog or whatever, we crossdresser because we must. We can no more stop ourselves than stop our autonomic functions.

Besides, I never give in to temptation unless I can't resist.

Jennifer Cox
05-02-2009, 03:37 PM

:yt: But for me it was early March :sad:

Carly D.
05-02-2009, 06:45 PM
because wearing women's clothes kicks ass?

and this reason too!!!

BLUE ORCHID
05-02-2009, 09:21 PM
I dress up because I can---it's my safety relief valve and it has
a low pressure setting so the top doesn't blow off.
.................................................. .thanks.....ORCHID

Celeste
05-02-2009, 09:48 PM
Because it puts me in touch with a sensuality thats impossible to express dressed as a male,I also love to push the boundaries of thought and the way I feel.

Last, I've grown tired of mens baggy Congo fashions, I've always liked clothes that fit well irregardless of what the current trends were.Most femme clothes fit tight and feel good that way,mens clothes hang off you like some sort of sweaty uncomfortable tent designed to conceal your body.

Jaydee
05-03-2009, 02:00 AM
I hope its not too late to join in.

I don't know why I want to crossdress. I can't explain it, I don't understand the need. What I do know is that I feel whole, complete and comfortable while dressed. I have tried to stop on several occasions, but have always started again. I am feeling more comfortable with myself. I am getting past the guilt, and realizing that it is just the way I am. As my wife says "somebody has to be that 10%".

Jaydee

Raychel
05-03-2009, 02:38 AM
For me it is pretty simnple,

I like the feeling of womens clothes better than mens clothes, besides I am a crossdresser, That is a good enough reason for me. :heehee:

Jenniferpl
05-03-2009, 05:13 AM
I do it because I have to and it is a blast.

Juliet Simone
05-03-2009, 11:18 AM
When dressed,I feel closer to the women in my life and my own sensuous and feminine nature. It also softens the man-rage that afflicts war addicts and bullies (not that I have these qualities), but it gets me further away from the meanness in men out in the world. I feel softer, more nurturing and sweet. Besides, I'm a lesbian in a mans body, and I think that female clothes and lingerie are the best!
I just really like it and feel more comfortable in my skin as a woman.
Juliet

suegsusan
05-03-2009, 06:43 PM

How true! I have stopped many times. I have even thrown out my feminine wardrobe many times. I've even grown a beard in the hope that it will help me to stop. All to no avail. The urge always comes back again, and I have to rebuild my wardrobe. There's something deep within me that I don't understand - something deeply feminine - but it won't stay down deep. It has to be expressed. It's been quite a few months this time that I have not dressed enfemme - but here I am back!

rexy
05-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Stephanie said it all. IT'S FUN!!!!!:love:

CatAttack
05-09-2009, 05:46 PM
because it's better than not crossdressing!

Staci
05-09-2009, 08:33 PM
It allows me to be someone else for a while. It's like playing dress-up as child. I love the different materials, styles, and it just makes me feel sexy. Female clothing is so much more fun than male. Interestingly, it also relaxes me when I feel stressed. :battingeyelashes:

Krista1985
05-09-2009, 09:21 PM
I can't be sure,

It's all pretty new to me. I think for me it has something to do with the brain's response to the stimuli provided by female clothing. I dress, it releases happy feelings in the form of dopamine. Like a reward system I suppose.

All I know at this point is that the mood strikes on occasion, and chances are it isn't ever going to stop happening to me. Also, I've noticed that it's a heck of a lot more fun to surrender to the urge than to fight against it. So far I'm pleased with where it has led me, I am a happier person overall today than I was 7 months ago. If that ever changes, perhaps a step back or recalculation will be needed.

I'll let you all know when I find the 'Balance Plateau,' and if it's possible I'll take some of y'all with me.

DianneRoberts
05-09-2009, 09:22 PM
I simply love it, it soft and sentual, wild and crazy.
It makes no sense at all.
Crossdressing makes perfect sense.
It balances the unbalanceable.

I love it and I'm glad today is day 1 here for me.

I just wish my stature was such that I could pass and then I'd go everywhere dressed.

:hugs:
Dianne

NathalieX66
05-09-2009, 10:06 PM
I love women and I love women's clothing and anything that was frilly and girly, and always have since I was 9. I always thought that women have better options in dress, and I was always envious. I used peruse Sears catalogs and decided what dresses and earrings I wanted to buy. I alway pushed for an androgynous look in college and when my rock bands were playing clubs, but now I'm 42 and have a high profile creative position, which requires a vivid imagination, which I already can't control, thank God. But once I got into career positions that required a professional image,and being around mouthy & egotistical salespeople, I tried to suppress my urge to cd. Things at work are now very busy ( a job which I enjoy) and deadlines are tight, and I often work late, and as a result I need a mindless activity in order to downwind and break free of stress related work thoughts. So far This has worked for me. Now I have a girfriend that is open minded, and I no longer have feelings of guilt.
I have/had no intentions of becoming a fully transgendered person because I feel that I would be giving up too much of what I already have, but now I see my cd'ing as an extension of my existing personality...that which I have no interest in giving up.

Steffie-Lee
05-09-2009, 10:14 PM
With me I guess cross-dressing is a fetish, a fantasy, a feeling of euphoria. Its a misbehavior I can get away with; a release from reality; I can be another person; erotic and at the same time demure. I can do as I choose, go out, stay in, nobody cares and I love it.

Sarah Doepner
05-10-2009, 12:36 AM
and crossdressing won! And you should all be thankful I am not your Beloved Supreme Leader of all Earth.

Actually, I really enjoy looking in the mirror and seeing that female version of myself in there. I can focus on that experience and forget about the bills, the chores and the problems awaiting me at the other end of the day. As Sarah, I only worry about what skirt goes best with a new top or what I can do to improve my hair. Yes, it's very superficial, but it feeds something much more important in my life. I get a little balance, a little distance from troubles, a bit of peace and a perspective that is not based on my knee-jerk, testostorone fueled life. I'm a better person when I've had some time crossdressed. Besides that, it feels really good.

beez1717
05-10-2009, 01:44 AM
I dress because it looks better on me and it's comfy too :)

I mean I feel out of my skin and just plain like a sicko and just bad when I wear guy's stuff. I mean it feels like i'm doing somthing evil!

hehehe anyone else feel like that?

Aleca
05-10-2009, 02:45 AM
My mom said I do it to "express my feminine side" but I don't think so because I've never really felt very "feminine" or even done many "feminine" things throughout my life. A counselor two years ago told me I was doing it as some sort of sexual addiction (very possible as it escalated around puberty), as the experience can give the same affect as being high on a drug. I do it for a rush, that's for sure, as a reality escape too especially when there are times of stress and anxiety I want to put on a dress, a wig and forms and that is supposed to give me a better self-image at the moment. The desire always escalates this time of year too as the temperature gets warmer.

Noxvictum
05-10-2009, 03:14 AM
I dont know why I do it. According to my mom, i was doomed from the start. Part of it makes me feel normal. I love feeling sexy, sometimes, but I'm not going to show it... Sexuality plays into it a bit. It's pretty nerve wracking... One program in my head conflicting with another. I don't think I'm cut out for being male. There's still a lot of bugs to be worked out... That, and girls just have soooo many more fun options.

Shianna
05-10-2009, 03:37 AM
I find it makes me feel better when I am stressed out. I can be someone else, and forget the crap.

Even if it is only for a brief time.

too scared to be me!
05-10-2009, 04:50 AM
yeh i see most ppl on the same page here, we dont really KNOW why, we just realise we have an interest in it that is automatic, and though cding isnt the easiest road (i know i just lost my girlfriend to it) it seems cruel to fight it, and trust me iv tried so many times, 15 years infact, but its only now that i dont run from it, i accept it as what it is and i embrace it. it does not make me gay or tg, i know who i am for the first time in my life- im a 22 year old straight man who enjoys crossdressing. SIMPLE. thats why i will never make a promise to anyone that il stop,,, if i am to stop then itl be due to natures course.

-RL

audreycd
05-10-2009, 09:22 AM
All have been said in the previous answer.
The urge, the doubt. I started as a child. I had so many questions during my teenage. Sometimes I stopped, threw everything away, and then restart all over again ^^.
Now that I've accept this part of my personality, I feel wholer and better.
Why do I do that : May be something to do with fetichism and sexual thrill.

I just love the feel of women clothing on me. stocking, heels and basque are much more pleasing than boxer short and socks.

Kisses

Audrey

iwearstockings
05-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Its an urge that builds up inside me over time( sometimes long, sometimes short) and I can't control it. Its funny really sometimes I don't dress for weeks and then go mad and do it almost continuously for a few days. Then I'm kind of purged and it takes time to build up again. I used to be frustrated that I don't maintain a constant enthusiasm for it but now I just roll with it. When in the middle of a full on ATTACK of Dressing(!!!!!!) I have been known to spend a lot of money on naughty clothes so I am banned from ebay if dressed :^)!!

cindyscute
05-10-2009, 10:25 AM
It helps me get in touch with certain feminine feelings inside. It helps me relax at times and others can be nerve racking. It's something that I have to do and runs in cycles with certain events. Its fun too :) Im a complicated girl :o

prene
05-18-2009, 05:24 AM
I have a great urge to dress as a female.
I dress to be a woman.
I guess I fantasies about being a GG.
I love the feminine demeanor.
I wonder what it would be like.
The feeling I would have “being female”.

kelliboots
05-18-2009, 09:51 AM
I feel like it helps relieve some stress in my life. I also like the feeling of panties versus men's underwear. Additonally, women just have way better shoes.:battingeyelashes:

sherib
05-18-2009, 10:03 AM
When I was a little boy, I always wanted to be a girl. When I grow up I thought about a sex change until I realized what it took for the operation. Then I say a picture of a person who could not keep afford the up-keep of the sex change. So dressing is the closest I can come to being a woman.

brandycd
05-18-2009, 10:17 AM
At 6'4" (in my nylons) I know that passing will not really be possible for me, considering that I only wear heels, and high heels at that.

So I consider what it is that makes me want to do this. I love the smell of womens clothing. My wifes closet smells better than mine. I love the feel of silky material on my shaved body. I love the sound of high heels on the tile floor or the sidewalk (yes, I go out).

However it is as much for comfort as it is for pleasure. I love to sit around the house with my wife in a pair of capris and stilettos. I love to be "girly".

And yes, I love the fact that even at my size, there are men that desire me in a wanton and lusting manner. With children, I rarely get to dress. When I DO dress, it is thrilling and conforting, exciting and sexual. And since I only live once and im not hurting anyone, why would I forgo all of the above?

Carly D.
05-18-2009, 07:50 PM

I think it is a habit beyond habit.. it is life.. the way I am.. I can curb it but I can't quit it.. I can try to quit it but the only way I could ever EVER quit is if every article of clothing were to be destroyed everywhere (worldwide)!!... hope that never happens..

CheekyGirl
05-18-2009, 10:54 PM
I do it because I have a fetish for it. But really it is also because I envy the beauty of women. I love women so much that I wish I could be one, or at least be beautiful in the same way. A woman's body is just so much more attractive to me than a man's, and I want to be attractive.

Midnight Skye
05-18-2009, 11:03 PM
I dont know why I do it. According to my mom, i was doomed from the start. Part of it makes me feel normal. I love feeling sexy, sometimes, but I'm not going to show it... Sexuality plays into it a bit. It's pretty nerve wracking... One program in my head conflicting with another. I don't think I'm cut out for being male. There's still a lot of bugs to be worked out... That, and girls just have soooo many more fun options.

You took the words out of my mouth. Doomed from the start, always having trouble fitting in as a male. I've made a male life at this point... and its ok. But being a girl is so much more fun :battingeyelashes:

sharon2
05-18-2009, 11:24 PM
I crossdress because i love it. Ilove the feel of silky underwear and wearing
a dress or as i am dressed at the moment in a top and slacks.

adrienner99
05-19-2009, 10:48 AM
My god, I wish I knew.

When I was about six or eight, something compelled me to enter my mother's closet and put on one of her dresses. In the years that followed I would play sick, stay home from school, and dress completely in her things--dresses, petticoats, high heels, Revlon lipstick, earrings, etc. In time, I bought my own girl's wardrobe and eventually ventured out, occasionally.

What I get from dressing is a sense of peace, arousal, and...a feeling that this is who I truly am. At times, I really HATE being male. But dressing is more than a reaction to those frustrations. It's tremendously exciting every time I slip into a pair of high heels.....but in the end, I really can't articulate why.

savvy_fudge
05-19-2009, 03:22 PM
I enjoy it, though there are times when I want to do it more but life prevents me from doing so. sigh

SallyGirl
05-19-2009, 04:14 PM
I can't explain the feeling. I just love anything feminine, the clothing, the jewelry, the cosmetics, anything pink, all of it! If I were a genetic girl, I would be a "girlie-girl." Dressing up is a kind of an 'event' for me. When I am at work, I think about how nice it will feel slipping into a nice little skirt and top and some cute heels when I get home and it just so excites me.

Kerrie Sifton
05-20-2009, 12:48 AM
As they said when they asked why do they climb Mount Everest, and the reply was because its there... well thats part of crossdressing for me, a part amongst many parts.
Its not just the clothes (well thats not entirely true..), but it is also the feminine side that shows up when the makeup, wig and clothes are applied that startles yet calms me.
This month, the pink fog settled in, and although I cannot dress, I have certainly been busy on ebay buying things for the moment when I do have the opportunity.

I simply love the clothes, the look and the feeling of being feminine. I adore women, this might just be a way to show how much I adore them. Or an excuse to buy another blouse, skirt and heels.
:daydreaming: