PDA

View Full Version : Got to share!

JennyS.
04-28-2009, 12:09 AM
So... Me and my friend Erica went out this past weekend... Pics will follow. We went to a 'club' called Luthers. Kareoki was a blast. I sang a song by Metallica... Fade To Black. The first verse was awful! I think I got in the groove after that, though.

Funny thing is... We went to the store the next day and guess what happened? A man that was at Luthers was at the very same store! I was dressed and he recognized me!!! He asked me if I was the same person that sang the Metallica song, I said 'yes'. He then told me that I looked pretty today and he hoped to see me perform again. Wow... What an ego boost!!!

MissConstrued
04-28-2009, 12:29 AM
Singing karaoke in drag is tons of fun! Of course, if anyone in the bar thinks I'm a chick, that notion goes out the window in a hurry when I take the mic! :D

Bet ya can't wait to do it again... just be careful you don't end up an attention wh0re! :heehee:

BeckiB
04-28-2009, 07:11 AM
Myself, My wife and a Cd friend were out at a bar that had karaoke. Our CD friend got up to sing a song and was doing it in her fem voice and not doing a half bad job. She looked like any cute blond up there singing. about half way through the song she switched to her guy voice and WOW out came Barry White. It was funny..I think every head in the bar snapped around to see who was singing. She got a big applause.

If you read this...Sorry hon...I just had to tell!

Leslie Mary S
04-28-2009, 02:12 PM
I did "Crazy" by Patsy Cline in my fem voice.
I would have also done "I fall to Pieces" but someone else had done it that night and the KJ said that he never does the same song twice in one night.

I tried a Tina Turner song but that was horrid. No mater how much I drink will I never ever try one of her songs without several weeks of practice. Her song style and mine are too different. GRIN

I am country. I like Bob Wills, Hank Williams SR, Johnny Cash, etc. Slow songs with distinct melodies. (not that I can carry a tune. Shucks, I have seen sieves that can do a better job of it than I, but I keep trying.). I also have another problem, I keep switching over to the square dance calling words. They are not the same.
GRIN

sexxynikki83
04-29-2009, 10:23 PM
LOVE KARAOKE! Never thought to do it dressed....will have to try!