PDA

View Full Version : Peaking?

Karren H
04-28-2009, 12:05 PM
No, No, No.... not sexually or anything. Like that!!

I've been obsessing over this lately... Hitting the peak.. Crossdressing wise... Its like an athelete... Reaching her peak... Not getting any better but starting down hill..

I'm feeling lately that I'm not getting any better at what I'm doing and that I'm actually getting worse.. My skin is really getting bad.. Wrinkles!! Lots and big time.. And yeah you see lots of older women with wrinkles I just don't want to look that way.. Old..

Maybe it because I haven't dressed since January or because I have an apointment with my dermatologist in an hour but its really upsetting.. Or both.. I just don't know what to think.. The thought of slipping as time goes on.... Maybe I'm too much of a perfectionist??

If I've passed my peak... Maybe there's a semi-pro crossdressing league I can participate in?? The senior tour.... Get out the red hats.... Lol.

So what do you think about hitting your peak? What are you going to do about it if anything?

2b.Lauren
04-28-2009, 12:09 PM
It is a great question. I have been thinking a lot recently about where I am I going with all of this. I don't feel any better at what I am doing, and am not getting the same enjoyment or pleasure out of it as I have in the past. I have not dressed since February. It is also very difficult for me to do so, since I am rarely home alone. Not sure of how I can answer this for myself other than continue to do some introspection.

Kathi Lake
04-28-2009, 12:11 PM
I hear you, Karren! I look at the wrinkles in the mirror and the clothes in my closet, and there's a bit of a temporal disparity there. In other words, I have the face of a 46 year old and the wardrobe of a 20 year old!

As for "peaking" I see it more of a comfort level. I mentioned in another thread how my dressing is less about the excitement these days and more about the comfort of going out. If that's peaking, I'm all for it!

Kathi

Jessica Who
04-28-2009, 12:14 PM
If I've passed my peak... Maybe there's a semi-pro crossdressing league I can participate in?? The senior tour.... Get out the red hats.... Lol.

Nice, that made me laugh. No no no, you're still young enough, sounds like you just need a mood booster.

Joanne f
04-28-2009, 12:17 PM
Is it time to consider wearing JEANS :devil:

Juliemckay
04-28-2009, 12:20 PM
I peaked a long time ago...

Now I'm looking at joining the cougar league.

Karren H
04-28-2009, 12:22 PM
Is it time to consider wearing JEANS :devil:

Wait... First let me shut my fingers in the truck door.... Brb!! Lol.

Never!!

Deborah Jane
04-28-2009, 12:26 PM
Old..
What are you going to do about it if anything?

OLD?????

Jeeze i really hate that idea :sad::sad:

It'll soon be time to push the Zimmer/walking frame off a high cliff or a high building methinks!!!!

Leslie Mary S
04-28-2009, 12:33 PM
Maybe we should start a chapter of the 'Red Hats' for cross dressers. All I need now is the red hat. I have the purple dress and red gloves.
GRIN

PS I have really have written to the Red Hat Society about membership.

joann426
04-28-2009, 12:34 PM
i guess the older we get all the wrinkles wo dont kook good in the mirror any more LOLOLO!!!!:battingeyelashes:

Miranda09
04-28-2009, 12:40 PM
I'll age, but I'll NEVER get old!!!!!!!!!:D

As for hitting your peak, when you feel there's nothing more you can accomplish with that aspect of your self, try to discover another aspect. Challenges will always keep those peaks at a distance.

OK, Karen that means wearing jeans!!!!!!!! :devil:

Sally2005
04-28-2009, 12:47 PM
Isn't there some suction device that will pull those wrinkles out? I see a lot of CDer who have a lot of wrinkles and they still look good. For myself, I have those creases between my eyes from squinting too much...I wish I could get rid of them...I just try not to squint... I know you can inject something, but it costs money and I hate needles.

SANDRA MICHELLE
04-28-2009, 01:05 PM
Karen, you always look great so you must be posting twenty year old photo's cause you still look great!! We are the same age, a couple months apart and I am still looking pretty young, at least that's what people say. I have almost no grey hair and it's a full thick head of hair, good genes, I guess. If you are peaking I want some of that!

windycissy
04-28-2009, 01:20 PM
There's no escaping getting older, but for me crossdressing has been a fountain of youth, and I'm always looking for ways to raise my game, like going to the pool, jogging, etc...we may be prone to as many wrinkles as women, but our bodies actually age better if we work at it, no cellulite! By the way, I resisted jeans for years too, till I found a pair that look great with heels and hug my butt, now I wear them when I'm at the mall, etc. It's important to try new things and experiment with new looks, keeps your attitude fresh!

Patricia1
04-28-2009, 01:25 PM
Unfortunately, you're gonna have to start making more with less. With more years comes less of everything - hair, muscles, figure, abilities of every kind, skin tone, you name it. Just par for the course. What doesn't lessen is your CDness. We're very accepting people; this is just one more thing you're gonna have to get used to, maybe not loving but certainly living with it. Sorry I couldn't add a little levity but this is not a barrel of laughs. You still have a while to go before they retire your number, so hang in there.

Joanne f
04-28-2009, 01:27 PM
I wonder if they will let you go on the ice with a zimmer frame :heehee:

Starling
04-28-2009, 01:40 PM
I scaled my peak years ago (not that anyone noticed), but I can still enjoy the view from the lower slopes.

:heehee: Lallie

PS: A zimmer frame? Ladies, speak English!

deja true
04-28-2009, 01:45 PM
Wrinkles?

Holey Moley...you wanna see wrinkles? Living and working outside in the sun for the last many decades has given me elephant hide wrinkles. (I dearly regret that I didn't get serious about dressing and going out in public when I was still young and smooth of face.)

But because I really only started going out last year (BeALL 2008 was my very first time out ever!), I reckon I haven't reached anywhere near my peak yet. Lotsa practice (and lotsa fun!) in the last year has made me happier and happier with the way I look, wrinkles and all... I'm defining a style that's acceptable in public and getting better and better at it. Good fashion sense and attitude is more than making up for the furrows and crannies. And as the wrinkles deepen (but slower now that I've started to take my skin seriously and treat it well), the challenge gets greater, which only enlivens me and pushes me to work harder.

Cougars Rule, hunnies...! ;)

(Here's a tranny hottie in Yorkshire last year performing at a charity event with her own zimmer frame!)

inquisitiv
04-28-2009, 01:49 PM
Peaking? I hope not. I'm 58 and just got my first dress!

(C'mon Karren! What would McGiver do?)

Bridget Fitzgerald
04-28-2009, 02:03 PM
Well, in some ways crossdressing is absolutely a road to nowhere.

deja true
04-28-2009, 02:18 PM
Well, in some ways crossdressing is absolutely a road to nowhere.

Not a road to nowhere, darlin'...

It's a road without end!

Road Trip anyone?

:)

Leslie Mary S
04-28-2009, 02:24 PM
Wher can I get on? Where are we going? When will we get there?

I know that the above questions are meaningless. All that counts is the trip for the sake of the trip.

Karren H
04-28-2009, 02:26 PM
:(:(:( Oh now I'm really depressed... My dermatologist just said she could remove the couple moles I have but Retin-A wouldn't put a dent (or hill) in my monster wrinkles!! Crap!! I'll going home and grab my stick and practice slap shots.. Take out my agression on the puck!! Game tonight.. At least I haven't peaked playing hockey.. Or have I? Sigh....

renaegee
04-28-2009, 02:28 PM
Maybe postpeak would be a problem if I had ever been passable. Going from unpassable to more unpassable is not a huge problem!

cindym5_04
04-28-2009, 02:31 PM
Karren you always look great.

Ive thought about the whole getting old thing a bunch of times. I feel at times in general that I'm getting old and feel that a lot of life has passed me by. I've actually been in a little of that mood lately. It sucks.

When I get past the supposed "peak" of my crossdressing, I plan on stopping anyway. Plan is the key word.

Ruth
04-28-2009, 02:42 PM
Karren, you are sounding very very femme with all this agonising about wrinkles. We all get them, make-up helps hide them, what more can I say.
I'd rather look like a glamorous granny than a wrinkled old man any day, so I carry on fighting the good fight.
Don't give up, you look great (unless that's all Photoshop in the avatars and you really look like an Egyptian mummy - say it isn't so!)

Prissy Linda
04-28-2009, 02:43 PM
Maybe we should start a chapter of the 'Red Hats' for cross dressers. All I need now is the red hat. I have the purple dress and red gloves.
GRIN

PS I have really have written to the Red Hat Society about membership.

I thought this web site was the Red Hat Society of Crossdressers. Opps, my mistake.

Lorileah
04-28-2009, 02:45 PM
It's just a post season slump Hun. You are up 3 games to one so you can slide then get back in there and kick ...

My wrinkles are only seen in the magnifying mirror so I have a choice, no eye makeup (or lose an eye) or see the dang things. So far the mirror wins. I have a new makeup applicator though and the replacement rollers come in packs of threes (next to the sandpaper and spackle). Those SA's in the orange smocks are always so helpful. Even asked if I needed it for a rough or smooth surface. Well duh! I guess they were just being polite. Then one asked how my plumbing was doing, a little personal but hey they care.

Kate Simmons
04-28-2009, 02:57 PM
Did it already shortly before you did last Fall Karren. What am I doing? Just enjoying being myself as Rich my friend. Of course Arianna is not forgotten just on hiatus. For how long is undetermined at this time. As far as wrinkles, it's because of cross linking of skin protein. Just moisturize the best you can and take a lot of anti-oxidants. Even if they don't seem to help that much, they certainly can't hurt and they do enhance the immune system. Just enjoy being yourself my friend.;):battingeyelashes::)

Donna Marie
04-28-2009, 03:39 PM
OK look, I am 72 and only recently started going out into the world. Have I missed my peak? Well, yeah, definitely. But so what? I still look better en femme than I do in drab (I think). And makeup is sooo cool about hiding some stuff. Am I about to totter out in 5" heels and a microskirt? I think not. I try to dress appropriately for my age - or thereabouts.

We all age. It is just one of those things and the alternative is even less appealing - death. So enjoy whatcha got while ya got it, and if ya ain't got it, get some (a loose paraphrase of Jerry Lee Lewis, a Great American Philosopher and Boogie Woogie Man - that man makes me smile whenever I hear his stuff).

kristinacd55
04-28-2009, 03:53 PM
Wait one cotton pickin minute, you haven't dressed since January??? I don't believe it!! :eek:
Karren, you're as old as you feel. As long as you can still check em into the boards, no problemo

Jennifer Cox
04-28-2009, 04:00 PM
There's lots of peaks in life and the best views are usually from the lesser ones :)

Kerrylee61
04-28-2009, 04:11 PM
Been there, done that Karran. When I hit the middle age crisis as a man, then as a woman it really felt next to the end of the road. Fortunately I was seeing my shrink at the time who is well aware of my gender duality and he helped me through the whole messy thing. My accepting wife helped a lot as well.

So, here I am almost 62 years old, semi retired, underdressed all the time and haven't been fully dolled up since I can't remember when.

That doesn't mean I'm not still inclined to dress, it just means that I never seem to get around to it. My nails are always done, legs are shaved and my hair is in a long ponytail every day and certanly NOT gray.. Never go without my ear rings either.

I don't like applying foundation with a trowel and eyeshadow is tough because my eyelids are droopy. With a little luck, they'll droop enough to interfere with my vision and then health care will pay to do the lift!!! (One of the good things about Canadian health care)

Hang in there Girl, there is a life past 40 something, it's just not as glam as it used to be...

:love:
Kerry

StevieTV
04-28-2009, 04:14 PM
You can ask your doctor for Botox...tell him/her that you have chronic headaches. I read somewhere that it works. You won't have any expression but hey, pencil in the eyebrows and apply the lipstick like a happy face. :)

Karren H
04-28-2009, 04:30 PM
I wonder if they will let you go on the ice with a zimmer frame :heehee:

LOL They make them for training youngsters to skate!! I'll need a biger one custome made.. Pink!!

Karen, you always look great so you must be posting twenty year old photo's cause you still look great!! We are the same age, a couple months apart and I am still looking pretty young, at least that's what people say. I have almost no grey hair and it's a full thick head of hair, good genes, I guess. If you are peaking I want some of that!

Nope.... most of my photos are only a couple years old... back when I looked better!! lol

Karren you always look great.

Ive thought about the whole getting old thing a bunch of times. I feel at times in general that I'm getting old and feel that a lot of life has passed me by. I've actually been in a little of that mood lately. It sucks.

When I get past the supposed "peak" of my crossdressing, I plan on stopping anyway. Plan is the key word.

I keep thinking I'm only going to do this for another 4 or 5 years then retire.... but that keeps getting pushed back...

Karren, you are sounding very very femme with all this agonising about wrinkles. We all get them, make-up helps hide them, what more can I say.

I'd rather look like a glamorous granny than a wrinkled old man any day, so I carry on fighting the good fight.
Don't give up, you look great (unless that's all Photoshop in the avatars and you really look like an Egyptian mummy - say it isn't so!)

I really wish I knew how to photoshop... Then I could use less makeup!!

Fab Karen
04-28-2009, 04:39 PM
We all are getting older- even the cocky 20-somethings will have to deal with it ( karma's a bitch :) ). If creams & etc. don't do what you want, there is surgery if you're deeply bothered by the wrinkles. Joan Rivers is in her 70's & has a mask-smooth face.

Sophie Lynne
04-28-2009, 04:54 PM
Won't taping help a bit with the wrinkles?

Dressing Jill
04-28-2009, 05:01 PM
Lol.. I wish we were immune to aging wouldn't that be wonderful.

Sounds like you just need an excuse to go shopping. Can I go with you.

Hugs

Jill

Leanne2
04-28-2009, 05:02 PM
I just enjoy looking like a woman. Thirty years ago I looked like a thirty year old woman. Now when I get dolled up I look like a sixty year old woman. My hair is starting to go gray. I'm not going to color it. When I have my feminine hairdo the streaks of gray look pretty good.
As for wrinkles, I put on night cream every night. I use sun screen when I'm outside a lot. But if the wrinkles come they come. Then I'll be happy to look like a wrinkled old lady. And I bet it will be easier to pass looking like that.
About jeans. I wear ladies jeans all the time. I like the high waist. I like how they fit me. I'm all about blending in. I can grocery shop wearing a skirt or dress on Sunday afternoons but the rest of the time it's jeans unless I want to stand out. i guess you could say that I dress lean of peak. Some of you will understand what that means. Leanne

Sam-antha
04-28-2009, 05:02 PM
Welcome Karren.
Get on with showing us the you that you can be and forget photoshopping -it is not so much fun as mallshopping.
~Samm
PS Now you know why I use blue print.
~S~

Helen H. Heels
04-28-2009, 05:09 PM
My heels have come down from 5" to 4" and some all day shoes to 3" but just as Karren won't consider jeans, I won't consider flat shoes.
Never, never fip flops as well. Hate them on GGs.
I will not go silently teetering into the night!!
All my love,
Helen

Marilynn
04-28-2009, 05:09 PM
Peaking? I've been rolling down the back slope a$$ over teacups for almost 25 years. :D

I like to think of myself as a tranny Mrs. Robinson - definitely from the previous generation, but still able to do some damage. :devil:

SherriePall
04-28-2009, 05:13 PM
Karren -- You really started something this time. I haven't peaked yet. Every time I dress is still an adventure. The couple of times a year that I go out dressed is incomparable! Besides, I get better looking as I get older. LOL. Actually, I believe in what Sam-antha said about wrinkles, you can't see them if you don't look at them.
God took care of that for most of us. As we get older and get more wrinkles, our eyesight declines, too.

Tina B.
04-28-2009, 05:18 PM
Girl I think you just need some time to play with make-up to remind yourself just how good you look!
Tina
we all get old, but we don't have to get down.

Stargirl
04-28-2009, 05:28 PM
I had a friend who went for the co2 laser skin resurfacing. For herself, not for anyone else. People told her she "looked fine" For her "age". But she hated what she saw in the mirror. Her neck, jowls, thin lips, eyes, and deep "laugh lines". She had a full facelift, and co2 laser. She looked like a burn victim for about 2 days, and within 9 days, looked 15 years younger. She says that she's more confident, and would do it again. I have to admit that she does look younger. I was thinking that she was just wasting money, but it was money well spent. I can't post her pics here, but there are websites for the co2 laser skin resurfacing. She also went in for some Juvederm, and botox. She said that Fraxel was a waste of money. Anyway, she looks good.

I don't blame anyone for wanting to fight gravity. Our culture is very youth oriented. Is it really vain or selfish to want to look good ? I am no raving beauty. My body just turned 62. I can pass for 52 easily, but I will get a little work done when the time comes.(but no Botox) I don't want to look unhappy. Muscles and skin just need a "perk me up". Name 5 people who look forward to having a droopy look. Wattles, vanishing jawline, marionette lines, ?

If it doesn't bother people to have those features, that's fine. But what if our privates migrated to our ankles, and hung there ? Flapping in the breeze ? Wouldn't we want to do something about that ?

Only we can decide what we want. "Growing old gracefully." What does that mean ? When was any stage of life 100% graceful ?

DonnaT
04-28-2009, 05:31 PM
I don't worry about the wrinkles just yet. Seems the extra weight I carry fills out the face pretty good.

I wouldn't recommend you go that route, however.

I worry about getting a turkey neck, now that I'm taking some of that weight off.

Stephanie Kay
04-28-2009, 05:43 PM
Aw, Karren, it really ain't about the looks for a lot of us! It's about the feelings! And anyway I ain't gonna peak until I'm in my coffin (remember my wife has promised to bury me as Stephanie!!) and undertakers usually do a pretty good job putting on make-up:battingeyelashes:!!

Love,
Stephanie

curse within
04-28-2009, 05:51 PM
Karren I understand where you are comeing from but just as wine ages it all depends on the process..

Continue to take care of yourself , you may think your peaking it could be you haven't yet reached the top.

linnea
04-28-2009, 05:51 PM
Well, I really think that it's a state of mind. I'm getting wrinkles and I don't want to look old or older, but that's life. However, I have rationalized my aging looks to counter-act my sense of reaching a peak (although I really have a LONG way to go to reach my desired "ultimate").
I guess all that I can really contribute is my empathy: I feel your pain.

Stephanie Miller
04-28-2009, 06:05 PM
Time for a serious attitude adjustment here. It's all in how we look at things. I've got you by a couple good years hun, and I'm just over 1/2 way there! (when I will be O.K. to give up mind you :heehee:). We all have to choose the path we want to take. I don't think these two gal gave up just yet, do you? (for the young-uns here - they would be Sophia Loren, Sept 30, 1934 and Raquel Welch, September 5, 1940). So lets tip a flute of champagne and drink to a bright future dear. :hugs:

karren
04-28-2009, 06:36 PM
Wrinkles? I have enough to hold a two-day rain, I've tried derma tape.. but after I finished, looked in the mirror, I had a hankering for tana leaves. :lol:

FluffyPersian
04-28-2009, 07:06 PM
Retin-A wouldn't put a dent (or hill) in my monster wrinkles!!

Do you have $$$ to spend? If so, there are tons of injections available nowadays that will smooth out wrinkles. A few I found through Google:

http://www.restylaneusa.com/

http://www.juvederm.com/

Just make sure you get a good doctor rather than walking into a med spa.

BLUE ORCHID
04-28-2009, 07:23 PM

So what do you think about hitting your peak? What are you going to do about it if anything?

Karen
I asked my Red Hat lady wife if they had a Red Hat CD ladies group
she didn't think it was all that funny I guess she don't share my
sense of humor anyway I thought it was pretty funny.
At sixty six and dressing over sixty years I haven't peaked yet.
Good luck to you and your penguins.

.................................................. .....thanks............ORCHID

TxKimberly
04-28-2009, 07:34 PM
I sure wish I had the answer as I have the same feelings and worries. . .

TGMarla
04-28-2009, 07:34 PM
Hmmm....peaking. I think I know how you feel, Karren. I think I'm about at my best right now, but I lament at what I could have been when I was younger. It took me a long time to venture out of my shell only the little bit that I have. And it's only been in the past few years that I have had the luxury of my own complete wardrobe, a nice set of forms, some shapewear, and a nice wig. If I'd only had these things back when I was in my twenties and thirties, I'd have really hit some highs (girl-wise), I think. But oh, well. Play the cards you have, I guess. It's likely to either plateau on me right about now, or slowly (I hope) begin to slide downhill.

Gee, Karren, thanks for the cheery thread. :straightface:

Karren H
04-28-2009, 07:55 PM
I don't know what I want.. I've never needed answers to do what I do.. I'm just having a bad week.. Had to put our dog to sleep... And some legal hastles with a neighbor... Then last night I twisted my ankle and hurt my wrist so now I'm on my to the ice rink for a game anmd I feel like an old mumy!! all taped up..

Speaking of tape.. There isn't enough tape to pull these crevasas flat.. Maybe I should pitch that damn magnifying mirror.. Using that is like looking at the canals on Mars with a telescope! Lol.

Guess I have 3 options.. 1)Suck it up and keep doing what I'm doing.. And just look as good as I can.. 2) Retire and play more ice hockey to fill the void.. And 3). Seek professional help and fix what's broken.. And money's not an issue.. Ya can't take it with you so might as well spend it!!

danielle_from_cal
04-28-2009, 08:01 PM
Fear of hitting my "peak" is one of the biggest reasons that I came out to my mother and sisters. I wanted them to see me when I looked "half decent". I am certainly beyond my "peak" but at least I don't look awful! The glory days are behind me, but I hope to look "half decent" to my mother and sisters (and perhaps others) for a while to come.

Tora
04-28-2009, 08:33 PM
Karren, Marla, and Kimberly, cut it out. You gurls are looking great, take it from someone Karren who has five hard years on you. It seems that good make-up can erase a lot of years from our male carcases. Be all you can be, the rest of us will follow.

Jacueen
04-28-2009, 09:32 PM
Count your blessings. Even if you really have hit your peak (which I really doubt,) at least you can be proud of what you've accomplished. Many of us are still hoping against hope that we ever get to the point of looking as good as you!

:battingeyelashes: Jacueen

MissConstrued
04-28-2009, 10:08 PM
Fear not, old fogies! You can be seasoned citizens, and still be hot cross-dressers!

Just think... the perfect justice of spending your Social Security check on frilly blouses, granny panties, and bras you can measure first downs with! And think of all the fun you can have with run-by fruitings!

susie evans
04-28-2009, 10:15 PM
KARREN

it's hell to get old but just look at it this way the older you get the better you were LOL at least that's what i keep telling my self

:hugs:susie

dilane
04-28-2009, 10:18 PM
I've been obsessing over this lately... Hitting the peak.. Crossdressing wise... Its like an athelete... Reaching her peak... Not getting any better but starting down hill..

I'm feeling lately that I'm not getting any better at what I'm doing and that I'm actually getting worse.. My skin is really getting bad.. Wrinkles!! Lots and big time.. And yeah you see lots of older women with wrinkles I just don't want to look that way.. Old..

Hmm, well, I'm no spring chicken at 57, either, honey. Obviously as we get older, we have more challenges, but I realize that you just don't compare yourself to a 20 something. The 20 something will be our age in a snap of a finger, so it all balances out in the big picture.

I go out to clubs with middle aged folk, and plenty of women in their 40-70's are having a great time. If I hung out with a bunch of 25 year old hotties, yes, I'd feel as though my expiration date had passed, but in the "senior leagues", everyone is having a great time, and that's what counts.

In addition, I rate my experiences not by how I look in the cold glare of the bathroom mirror, but by the fun I have interacting with people.

Like you, I stay very fit and trim, and I have an outgoing personality and like to smile. That's about all you need to have a fine time.

Re the inevitable depredations of Mother Time, there's always laser! Two of my GG gf's at the club have had it, and it takes 10+ years off you, it's pretty amazing. I haven't reached that stage yet -- in the flattering dim light of my favorite club I still get asked to dance by younger guys all the time, and no, I don't tell them how old I am!

Romantic, flattering lighting can do wonders. As does the tendency of older folks to be farsighted -- the closer they get, the better you look :)

Sometimes I get that over the hill feeling, and soon enough, I get another peak experience or have a great evening, and I wonder, what was that funk about now?

Maybe it because I haven't dressed since January or because I have an apointment with my dermatologist in an hour but its really upsetting.. Or both.. I just don't know what to think.. The thought of slipping as time goes on.... Maybe I'm too much of a perfectionist??

There's always something to work on. The voice, a new challenge -- try dance lessons, that's a real trip!

Go clubbing with your age group, and see how much fun it can be, you'll never see so many 40 to 65 year old teenagers in your life.

Karren H
04-28-2009, 10:21 PM
Oh now I feel sooo much better.. Flaming boobs do it every time!! Lol. And we lost our hockey game tonight.. Sigh..... I think I need to go shopping. Maybe for a new pair of skates and a stick.. Since I haven't dressed at least I've been able to play hockey a couple times a week..
Damn.... my back hurts.. I'm falling apart? Hahaha.

Tasha McIntyre
04-28-2009, 10:35 PM
You always present very well Karren, good luck for the future.

I dearly regret that I didn't get serious about dressing and going out in public when I was still young and smooth of face.

I hear that. I only discovered the magic of hair and make up last year, at 42 years of age. Wish I had known back in my 20's and 30's :daydreaming:

Cheers

Tash :)

sissystephanie
04-28-2009, 11:13 PM
Karren et al,

Age is only a state of mind. You are only as old as YOU think you are. If you think old, you will be!!:2c: I am eight days shy of being 77, but when I dress I feel like I am in my 40's! I know, I don't look it but in my mind that is what I am.

Karren, with your makeup talent you will never look old. And using some good cream on your face at night (and during the day if possible) will do wonders for the wrinkles. Maybe not get rid of them, but soften them so they are not so noticeable. I actually have almost no wrinkles on my face, neck, arms, or legs because I use body cream on all those areas every day and have been doing that for many years. My dear late wife got me started doing it and I just kept it up. BTW, the young lady who does my pedicures loves the softness of my legs. She always gives me a free leg massage because she like to feel them, or so she says!

Kathi Lake
04-28-2009, 11:21 PM
The Tyranny Of Flesh And TimeI like that. My experience is more along the lines of, "The dual ravages of time and testosterone." :)

Kathi

terri7
04-29-2009, 02:58 AM
going to get
a younger mirror..

Claire Cook
04-29-2009, 05:41 AM
Reaching a peak? No Way! I'm 65 and feel like I'm just approaching my girly teen-hood. (Should I be looking at training bras?)

Seriously, I remember an elderly couple who kept this sign on their apartment door: "When you're over the hill, you pick up speed." So much for the peak!

deja true
04-29-2009, 06:47 AM
Sounds to me like you're having a (late) mid-life crisis, K!

Do what I did! Get a new motorcycle!

(And some new makeup that matches it...;)!)

Karren H
04-29-2009, 06:53 AM
Sounds to me like you're having a (late) mid-life crisis, K!

Do what I did! Get a new motorcycle!

(And some new makeup that matches it...;)!)

Why isn't mid-life like 45?? At 57 I'll looking at an after mid-life issue! Lol. And a bike would be great except my wife father was killed on one!! Too many variables and not enough equations to solve easily..

Maybe a pink Porshe? I have the makeup to match that! :D

Maybe when my new Coach purse arrives I'll feel better?

deja true
04-29-2009, 07:06 AM
Pink Porsche?

Go American, hun!

(More room for hockey gear!)

Roxi Loh
04-29-2009, 07:15 AM
Great question, I wish I had a great answer. I used to think that when I didn't look good anymore I would stop dressing. I hardly think that is going to happen. Maybe the answer is at the cosmetic counter...more bondo and a trowel to cover up the wrinkles! It could be more shoes...if they are looking at your feet they can't see facial wrinkles. Whatever it is I am very close to there.

Karren H
04-29-2009, 07:27 AM
Pink Porsche?

Go American, hun!

(More room for hockey gear!)

Ok. But not a vet...... Pink Ford Ranger!!

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/04/001-pink-ranger_450.jpg

Yeah Roxi!! I've been looking for that product that will fill in the wrinkles but It doesn't exist.. Have a drawer full of half used. creams and lotions.

Sam-antha
04-29-2009, 09:23 AM
Like Sherrie says, things happen as we get more ancient ; sore feet, sore back, Deeper Wrinkels.
Life is full of surprises.
~Samm

Karren H
04-29-2009, 09:55 AM
Like Sherrie says, things happen as we get more ancient ; sore feet, sore back, Deeper Wrinkels.
Life is full of surprises.
~Samm

Engineer's hate surprises!! Plan the work and work the plan!! I need to rethink my 5 year plan mainly because somewhere between now and 5 years I'm retiring.. I'm training my replacement... So maybe tommorow the way I'm feeling... And when I do I fear my crossdressing carrier will retire with my work carrier..

Its like planned obsolecence.. The down hill slide to oblivion..

docrobbysherry
04-29-2009, 10:17 AM
You're younger than me, and u have SO MANY OPTIONS open to u!:thumbsup:

I got TIRED OF THE BALD OLD GUY IN THE MIRROR!:Angry3:

So, I got a hair transplant yesterday. Pretty simple, and nearly painless proceedure!:eek:

Next, I'm CONSIDERING plastic surgery! :heehee: And NONE of this has anything to do with my CDing!!!:daydreaming:

As a CD, I'm still a preteen! There's still SO MUCH I have to learn!
( Like, how to apply makeup properly!:brolleyes:)

Don't they say older ladies use a TROWEL to apply makeup? Do u know how to do THAT yet? Well, consider all your possibilities, count your BLESSINGS, and u GO GIRL!:hugs:

And finally, WATCH OUT for those Anaheim DUCKS!:D

Joanne f
04-29-2009, 12:26 PM
[QUOTE=docrobbysherry;1704096]

Don't they say older ladies use a TROWEL to apply makeup? Do u know how to do THAT yet? Well, consider all your possibilities, count your BLESSINGS, and u GO GIRL!:hugs:

So why has Karren ordered one of these

Karren H
04-29-2009, 01:26 PM
So why has Karren ordered one of these

Now your talking!! That a Komatsu, Demag or a P&H? The P&H 4100XPC is an awesome machine if you have $35 million to spare!! :):):)

Karren H
04-29-2009, 01:39 PM
ISo, I got a hair transplant yesterday. Pretty simple, and nearly painless proceedure!:eek:

Next, I'm CONSIDERING plastic surgery! :heehee: And NONE of this has anything to do with my CDing!!!:daydreaming:

And finally, WATCH OUT for those Anaheim DUCKS!:D

Your a bionic woman!!

Ducks.....Yeah right...

http://firstrung.co.uk/dbimgs/Dead_Duck(1).jpg

Miranda09
04-29-2009, 02:09 PM
Why isn't mid-life like 45?? At 57 I'll looking at an after mid-life issue! Lol. And a bike would be great except my wife father was killed on one!! Too many variables and not enough equations to solve easily..

Maybe a pink Porshe? I have the makeup to match that! :D

Maybe when my new Coach purse arrives I'll feel better?

How about a "Pink Cadillac"..... :D

Sam-antha
04-29-2009, 02:13 PM
Joanne that is wonderful.

Engineer's hate surprises!! Plan the work and work the plan!! .............I'm training my replacement... .

At the risk of being accused of changing an important subject, will yo please allow a short "interjection".

Karren, I do not know how you have survived as a practising engineer without bowing down and faithfully observing the set of rules that I faithfully observed in my varied career.

Rule 1 "If something can go wrong, it will."

Example : Problem - Danger of lightning.
Solution - Instal Lightning Conductor.
but
Someone wanted the copper strip that was the earthing conductor.

~Samm
PS I have forgotten the name of the dicoverer of the rule. Can someone help me ?
~S

Karren H
04-29-2009, 03:11 PM
Ben Franklin? Lol. Being an engineer is my problem because I can graph my wrinkles over time and project them forward on a logrimithic scale and all I can see is a prune with a wig in my future!!! If I wasn't so damn analytical I'd just let it go.. But its knawing at me..

Wonder if the belt sander might work as a macroderm abarder?

Sam-antha
04-29-2009, 04:25 PM
Use a linear scale Karren, it is like makeup, more flattering than the log scale - unless you change the log base.
~Samm
PS There is a corollary to the rule, that states that if precautions are taken- as suggested - then the precaution itself will fail and cause the orginal protection to fail...
~S~

Fab Karen
04-29-2009, 04:26 PM
Wonder if the belt sander might work as a macroderm abrader?
A sand-blaster would be quicker :)

AllieSF
04-29-2009, 05:44 PM
I thought you were going to tell us what you were peaking at! Maybe someone or something very interesting for ladies of our persuasion? Or was that "peeking", or was it "pucking"? The last one is a hockey word, right? Oh by the way to lift up your sorry spirits.

GO WINGS!

Hugs and kisses and all that stuff too.

msginaadoll
04-29-2009, 06:46 PM
Say it isnt so Karen. At times I feel Im too old to be a CD and I'M 42. The thing that keeps me going is seeing the lovely and sexxy ladies who are older than me. And you are definitely towards the top of the list-so you cant quit, what will I do... I have to have hope...

docrobbysherry
04-29-2009, 06:47 PM
How many GGs can say they PEAKED AT 57?!:devil:

Pattie O
04-29-2009, 06:55 PM
My advice would be to just age gracefully and enjoy the ride.I look forward to finding "the look" that suits me best for the twilight years but I think it could be fun with some of the more stylised outfits that the older ladies wear and the lingerie may suit me more because I prefer a more sophisticated look
Pattie:o:battingeyelashes:

DeeGirl
04-29-2009, 08:15 PM
I have noticed the aging signs as well at age 42...no fun. Wish the anti wrinkle creams actually worked...
Will I stop dressing as I get older? No WAY! I just found the courage to get out in public this year after 20 plus years of dressing and it has been fantastic! So wrinkles or not I am here to stay!
Dee

slamddoger
04-30-2009, 05:17 PM
maybe you got so good at what you do

Carly D.
04-30-2009, 05:29 PM
I wish I would have tried to dress to pass when I was younger.. I think I would have been able to pass as a fem more readily back in my twenties.. back then I had a beard and looked more rough and tumble.. or tried to look more rough and tumble as it were rather than have any inkling towards my fem side.. I acted quite the opposite of the way I felt at all times, pretty much the same as now...

Jolene
04-30-2009, 07:29 PM
Maybe postpeak would be a problem if I had ever been passable. Going from unpassable to more unpassable is not a huge problem!

Covers my situation here. :)

Celeste
04-30-2009, 09:28 PM
First off Karen,I think you look excellent for your age .I don't know what kind of diet you have but I've had a lot of luck with my complexion, crows feet and other wrinkles even scars after I put a stop to unhealthy eating.

I believe what they say about healthy oils,limiting your sun exposures and adapting to a non carcinogenic plant based diet.I feel good health starts inside and radiates outward.When I eat now, its not about how it taste, but about how my body will benefit from it.

Karren H
04-30-2009, 09:35 PM
First off Karen,I think you look excellent for your age .I don't know what kind of diet you have .

Thanks... Now Im feeling real old for my age! Lol

Pizza for lunch and 2 pieces of cheese bread for dinner... Pluss right now I'm polishing off a bag of M & M's while watching hockey!! Not healthy but my endorphins are kicking in and I feel great right now!! :):):)

suchacutie
04-30-2009, 10:04 PM
LOL..Karren I'm 58 and an Analytical Chemist, so I understand graphing and extrapolation, and I'm just choosing to ignor it!!! :)

But...it's all in the perspective. Tina only appeared 4 years ago, and I started with wrinkles!!! So...I don't have any other perspective! I suggest thinking that you just started today and start your graph from here!

It's much more fun that way.

tina

Celeste
04-30-2009, 10:38 PM
How about "you look much younger than your age" serious.Now put down those m and m's and go make a healthy fruit smoothie.

flatlander_48
04-30-2009, 11:19 PM

Preparation H...

jasmine87xoxo
05-01-2009, 12:36 AM
Getting older physically happens. Stay young mentally and your better off than most.

EDIT: So i realized this thread went on for four pages but i only read the first three. Hopefully my statement still applies :)

Desiree2bababe
05-01-2009, 08:40 AM
Passed my long time ago. It's just dreams now........

docrobbysherry
05-01-2009, 10:34 AM
Most people prefer aging, to the ALTERNATIVE!:eek:

Karen, u MUST age, but u NEVER have to grow up!:heehee:
( That's my motto, anyway!)

I hope the Ducks end up playing the Penguins! They look cute, and pretty harmless!:brolleyes:

Karren H
05-01-2009, 11:09 AM
How about "you look much younger than your age" serious.Now put down those m and m's and go make a healthy fruit smoothie.

Too late.. Finished up the bag just as Vancouver was finishing off Chicago!! I eat chocolate when I get depressed.. And I've been going through a lot of it lately.. Lucky I get enough exersize to work them off..

I think I need to go shopping!! and I think my dressing drought is almost over.. Road trip next week!! Yeah!!

Ohhh and Ducks vs Penns would be great!! I can see a friendly wager if that happens!! Take sprots betting to a new level when I can win lingerie!! :)

Juliemckay
05-01-2009, 11:20 AM
ummmm...

Karren...

The duckies aren't past the Wings yet.

Karren H
05-01-2009, 11:35 AM
ummmm...

Karren...

The duckies aren't past the Wings yet.

Speaking of peaking!! Maybe the Wings have? :)

Juliemckay
05-01-2009, 12:02 PM
Speaking of peaking!! Maybe the Wings have? :)

Don't bet on it dear :2c:

Peaked? Not just yet. The duckie series will be a good one if they can keep the play between the whistles.

Alice B
05-01-2009, 12:55 PM
I often say. "Getting old is not for sissy's". As we age things change and since I'm now 67 I speak with some authority. Just accept it and adapt your look as necessary. I enjoy my Alice time as much as ever and in some minor ways even more because I'm more comfortable with myself.

clare123
05-01-2009, 01:09 PM
you look good ,just injoy yourself

Karren H
05-01-2009, 01:45 PM
I often say. "Getting old is not for sissy's". As we age things change and since I'm now 67 I speak with some authority. Just accept it and adapt your look as necessary. I enjoy my Alice time as much as ever and in some minor ways even more because I'm more comfortable with myself.

I don't know if I can just accept it, Alice! I've always worked hard to improve what I do every year and the thought of going the other way is not appealing to me right now.. Maybe when I actually get there...... it won't be a big deal.. Anticlamatic!! But I don't know..

Its funny that I can accept my crossdressing without questioning why but I can't accept this?

ReineD
05-01-2009, 01:50 PM

Well Karren, maybe your eyes will deteriorate at the same rate as the rest of you, and you will soon not SEE the wrinkles. It works for me! :heehee:

Karren H
05-01-2009, 02:27 PM
Well Karren, maybe your eyes will deteriorate at the same rate as the rest of you, and you will soon not SEE the wrinkles. It works for me! :heehee:

Now that's an idea or how about anti-wrinlike glasses!! They optically fill in all the carcks!! But I wonder if you look at someone with smooth skin you will see fine ridges on their face?

rickie121x
05-07-2009, 10:24 AM
I would believe that the notion of "peaking" only has value when used in comparison to previous or succeeding rates of change. When I was a managing engineer, that term had a great usage - but I really don't see much value "here". We, all of us, are on a journey, and the only value, the only real importance, is how we feel right now... not "then" or even "way back then". It is the journey that we may truly enjoy, not that rate of change, not points of inflection, not apexes - those are only derived numerical values or equivalents - in fact you only know about those things when you look backward and evaluate.

Changing subjects: Well, the magnifying mirror is one of those things you eventually need to compensate for aging eyes. "It" only views a small portion of your face, anyway, so the "whole" image cannot be seen in the background - a saving grace.

And, for me, the saving grace re aging is that I have (mostly) learned to live in harmony with my desires; IE I am able to dress to the extent and frequency I feel the desire. This seems to allow a pretty good psy, phy, and emotional balance.

I remember those days when I could dress only when "she" was away shopping - and those years when I could only wear the ankle socks and heels that I kept hidden in a box in the trunk of my car, and that decade when I was so terribly alone and so very lonely - but I could dress very often. Those were not "peak" experiences!

My age. Ah yes. There are some instances not quite in harmony with my desires. I still love those little girls - the ones about sixty. And I still want those hoop earrings, but have to wear clip-ons. Long wavy hair only looks good on 55 or younger chix. Emulating hippy movements with a little sway doesn't seem so apropos anymore, but feels oh so good. My five inch heels seem to be lasting so much longer than before... and don't feel quite as sensual.

The sands of time... insidious, penetrating, moving with power unstoppable, similarly with my makeup collection - congealing over the years, in the unused bottles on my shelf. They have apparently peaked.

But Revlon is on sale at 50% off at my local "Smith's" market! Wheee! :daydreaming::daydreaming:

Alice Torn
05-07-2009, 01:01 PM
I turned 55, yesterday. Memory loss, fatigue, isolating more, but with wrinkles, i still look good, like a lady i'd like to meet! Karren, no jeans here- never! Red Green tells you, "Keep your stick on the ice. I'm pullin for ya. We're all in this together."

kimberly ann487
05-07-2009, 01:51 PM
I have no fear of peaking. My big fear is not having the chance to get out of this closet and realize my feminine potential before it's too late.:gn:
:love: KIM

Alice B
05-07-2009, 02:18 PM
I just find that there is only so much I can do with respect to the effects of getting older. I work hard to improve my application of make up, which is often based upon how much time I will have to be dressed, but even if it is only for a few hours I try my best. I realize I will have to be more age correct in my clothing selection, but only if I think I'm going to be able to go out. I wish I had more chances, but my wife travels with me. She accepts my dressing at home to a point. But, the joy and relaxation I get from dressing does not wain because I'm not trying to be something I'm not. I'm dressed today and love it. I also get great enjoyment from this forum because of the interesting posts I read. Especially yours. You make it fun.:hugs:

Karren H
05-07-2009, 03:21 PM
Awww!! Thanks Alice... Your too sweet.. I think I'm peaking there to since I'm running out of funny or interesrting things to say!! Lol.

And I'm still in a dressing slump... my business trip got canceled since I'm the only one that seems to know anything around this place any more... .. Another disadvantage of getting old.. But hey... Things could be worse I guess...

Got to remember the "stick on the ice" thingy.. Have a game tonight... And maybe I need to use Red Greens secret wepon.. Duct tape to mask the wrinkles... :D

I think I'm just depressed.... :(

flatlander_48
05-07-2009, 05:43 PM
Awww!! Thanks Alice... Your too sweet.. I think I'm peaking there to since I'm running out of funny or interesrting things to say!! Lol.

And I'm still in a dressing slump... my business trip got canceled since I'm the only one that seems to know anything around this place any more... .. Another disadvantage of getting old.. But hey... Things could be worse I guess...

Got to remember the "stick on the ice" thingy.. Have a game tonight... And maybe I need to use Red Greens secret wepon.. Duct tape to mask the wrinkles...

I think I'm just depressed....

Je pense donc je suis...

I think therefore I am...

If you think that you have peaked, are in a slump and are depressed you probably are.

On the other hand...

Paige Philips
05-07-2009, 06:57 PM
Karren-Two things: (This is a very interesting post, BTW) First, if your avatar photo is anything like the way you look now, you have years to go yet. And two (more seriously) there are ladies here (a minority, but still...) for whom aging is MUCH more threatening than for you straight people (I assume you are?). I posted a question on that topic a while back: when your sexuality is tied up with crossdressing-you know what I mean-aging means the end of sex. Those of us with this orientation have to wonder constantly, "Am I too old to attract anybody now?" On the other hand, if you are straight and just "dress" for fun, what do you have to lose? We others, once we become to old to attract the type of person we're interested in, have much more to lose. Everything, in fact.
I've been haunted by Marvell's lines for years :

"But at my back, I always hear,
Time's wing'ed chariot hurrying near..."

Any others out there with the same concern? How are you facing up to the thought of sooner or later being too old to attract anybody?

Alice Torn
05-07-2009, 07:04 PM
I should really have wrinkles by now-I have been a Blackhawks fan, since 15. How many Stanley Cups!?:brolleyes::brolleyes:

Karren H
05-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Je pense donc je suis...

I think therefore I am...

If you think that you have peaked, are in a slump and are depressed you probably are.

On the other hand...

Five fingers?? :D

Rachel B
05-07-2009, 07:41 PM
I dunno, if I ever get to the point of looking at Rach and thinking "nope" it doesnt work anymore, I reckon I would call it quits.

I think/hope some of my style could transcend age (I'd have to ditch the mini's and the outrageous heels :cry:) but I would have to be realistic. :surrender:

Oooh, :sigh:

flatlander_48
05-08-2009, 07:33 AM
Five fingers??

You can choose to redirect your energies rather than dwell in the funky place that you seem to have discovered...

Brock
05-08-2009, 07:39 AM
My hair started turning grey when i was 18, im 20 now. i have noticeable 'clumps' of grey now. I welcome the grey, for me growing old represents wisdom and experience, which happen to be the two traits i admire most in people.

Karren H
05-08-2009, 09:21 AM
My hair started turning grey when i was 18, im 20 now. i have noticeable 'clumps' of grey now. I welcome the grey, for me growing old represents wisdom and experience, which happen to be the two traits i admire most in people.

Yeah..... I remember when I was young (barely) and I also thought that with age comes wisdom but once you get "aged".. Its not as an attractive place as you had envisioned... At least in my eyes.. And that's verified by the package of L'oreal Preference hair color in my bathroom cabinit.. And the massive amount of creams, lotions and makeup I have acquired and use.. Sigh....

Sounds to me like I'm being very vane....

Joni Marie Cruz
05-08-2009, 09:37 AM
Hi Karen-

To paraphrase what Kathi said, personally I don't think of it as peaking, but more like a plateau or perhaps a certain comfort level with being who and how we are. Certainly there's nothing any of us can do about getting older but we can do what any woman, at least those that give a damn, does and that's take care of ourselves and do the best we can with what we have to work with. For instance, I purchase ordinary white wall spackle at the hardware store and add some of that dry mineral powder makeup stuff to it and use it as foundation. Works great on those pesky wrinkles!

And, girl, for what my opinion is worth, you look gorgeous.

Hugs...Joni Marie

flatlander_48
05-08-2009, 11:17 AM

Grey hair at 20 is an entirely different thing from grey hair at 50...

diannecourtney
05-08-2009, 11:28 AM
For someone who looks so good, the rest of us must have a long road to hoe.
But I was surprised with all the postings on the subject, no one has admitted to trying the anti-oxidents and the other eye and wrinkle removing creams. I for one am about to, so if there are any suggestions, do not hesitate with advice.

Karren H
05-08-2009, 12:00 PM
For someone who looks so good, the rest of us must have a long road to hoe.
But I was surprised with all the postings on the subject, no one has admitted to trying the anti-oxidents and the other eye and wrinkle removing creams. I for one am about to, so if there are any suggestions, do not hesitate with advice.

I'll take a photo of my drawer... Ever lotion know to woman... Aint-damn near everything.. For the last couple years and still no wrinkle reversal and not even slowing them down... Then when my derm tells me that the only FDA approced product that does fight wrikles won't work for mine but only for fine wrinkles.. Over a longggggg period of time... My hopes for any kind of plataue got to be real peakeyish!! Lol. She recommend plastic surgeory as the best alternative which I'm not going to do for a number of reasons....

Ohhhh and your too sweet to say I look good.... I really don't feel that way right now....

Alice B
05-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Karren,

A good cross check will make you feel better and bring you out of your slump.:heehee:

Nicki B
05-08-2009, 02:02 PM
Sounds like you want someone to want to peek, to me..

Karren H
05-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Sounds like you want someone to want to peek, to me..

Yeah!! As long as its someone else!!

And we won our game last night, 5-4 Alice but when I looked in the mirror after the game, the wrinkles were still there! Sigh.......

MsJoann
05-08-2009, 03:47 PM
This has to be one of the best threads I've ever seen here.
Karren mentions that her dressing has gotten to be less important time-wise. Mine has been the same.
I have looked at pics of myself just 5 years ago, and there is a significant difference when I look in the mirror when done with makeup.
Most times I go through the usual process of doing my face in anticipation of going out but, only to see the image looking back at me. I just wipe everything off and go mow the lawn.
Alot of this is due to what has been happening to all of us thru these tough times. Yes, they have been festering over the past few years.
I see some of my customers from year-to-year and lately it seems everyone is really looking stressed and (older) somehow. It figures when you think about it. Even some of my CD/TG friends have been under stress due to job issues and even coming to the point of lonliness (being TG/CD).
When times are good, we are all enjoying.
As far as the facial things....I have discovered crows feet/bags etc. but I have dealved into a product called Dermitage...there are several others outthere too.
I've been using them faithfully to take care of my facial skin. The face is the most concern with us. It seems to be working for me right now. For the past year, I have let my natural hair grow out to where it's rolling off my shoulders. I also dyed it and have just last night went out without a wig.
I think that I looked pretty good but I'm going to give it another shot tonight..this time taking some new pics so you guys can give feedback.
Time is something we have no control over ladies!

Sarah Doepner
05-09-2009, 11:59 PM
My favorite outdoor activity is backpacking. I don't bag peaks, I go around them. Avoid the peaks, stay with the contour lines and the walk is easier and much longer. If you start bagging peaks, you end up having a chance to fall and that sucks. Actually I've never thought of my crossdressing as an activity where I would peak and then fall back. I just have new challenges and set new targets in a continual feedback loop.
Wrinkles can be a problem when I get caught up in the "You can only be pretty if you are 20 years old" syndrom. When they start to bother me I deal with it in one of two ways. 1- I take off my glasses and back away from the mirror until my skin is as smooth as a baby's, or 2- I pour a strong drink, look in the mirror and if I see wrinkles that bother me I repeat the dose. Eventually I'm fine with whatever I see there.

Sally24
05-10-2009, 05:31 AM
I think all us older girls are always a little worried about the march of time. hint to you younger girls, wear as much sun screen as you can stand, it really does help!!

I've been lucky as I've worked indoors most of my career. That doesn't mean I don't start seeing the wrinkles getting a little bigger each year. Electrolysis seems to help my skin look a little smoother. I can also see using the Fraxel laser system at some point in the future, never thought I would consider that. As far as plastic surgury, I don't know that I would think about that (or be able to afford it). It would be nice to like my profile as well as my straight on look.
88295 88294

Karren H
05-10-2009, 08:09 AM
I woke up this morning and went into the bathroom and took of my shirt and OMG!! I've aged overnight.... Two mosnter wrinkles between my breasts!! Now I'm really depressed!! lol

MissConstrued
05-10-2009, 10:52 AM
I woke up this mornig and went into the bathroom and took of my shirt and OMG!! I've aged overnight....

Stand by... I'll summon the priest!

Karren H
05-10-2009, 11:32 AM
Stand by... I'll summon the priest!

Don't bother.. I'm agnostic!! Lol. Unless the priest moonlights as a plastic surgeon!!

flatlander_48
05-10-2009, 08:49 PM

Well, I was peeking and it embarrassed me; so I quit...