PDA

View Full Version : anybody else get called Ma'am while in drab?

kimmy p
07-01-2005, 08:39 AM
Hi, I dress in private but try to add some of my true personality into day to day life. I have hair down to the middle of my back, pierced ears, and constantly wear PH. I must also have a fairly soft face since every couple of weeks or so I will get called ma'am or miss by someone. I must admit that this pleases me. But I was wondering if it happens to anyone else?

Kim

emmicd
07-01-2005, 08:50 AM
It sounds like you would have no trouble passing. If you have the need or interest maybe now's a good time to get all decked out and venture outside. You might have a blast! Maybe confide in one of your gg friends and go out shopping en femme.

You may love it!

Good Luck!

Emmi

JoAnnDallas
07-01-2005, 08:54 AM
Sure sounds like your ready for a outing. I have been practicing my female voice on the phone, and a couple of times had the person on the other end ask if the, "Man of the house was in", or "Thank Ma'am". I really hate that first phrase. It sounds SO demeaning.

kimmy p
07-01-2005, 09:05 AM
Unfortunately my wife, while not careing what I do at home would freak at the thought of me going out in public. she doesn't even want me to go out on Halloween more than every five years or so.

Kim

Nicole_Lasmedias
07-01-2005, 10:19 AM
when I was little, I was mistaken for a girl all the time. When I was 15 I was mistaken for a girl quite often. Now I'm 24, I was mistaken for a gir once. In macho guys company they would always say "you like a girl!" They don't know, that is compliment for me. I usualy reply "what is wrong with being a girl? Girls are the best!" They can't argue that one

Wendy me
07-01-2005, 10:24 AM
yes and my hair is in a poney tail so it dose happen every now and then ...a good thing....

Sherlyn
07-01-2005, 10:41 AM
... in my teens ... I was told I look like a girl in the dark ....now I am ...lol

DonnaT
07-01-2005, 11:25 AM
... in my teens ... I was told I look like a girl in the dark ....now I am ...lol
And now, in the light too :D

Tristen Cox
07-01-2005, 01:15 PM
:topic: I love that avatar Sherlyn

Back on topic now :)

mand
07-01-2005, 01:54 PM
Hello Kimmy, so the question is have I ever been mistaken for a woman when I have been dressed as a guy? ..................... I can say in all honesty no I never have, to be truthfull it makes me very happy if someone mistakes me for a woman when I'm dressed as a woman.

love mand xxx

mind you I know a certain website in the UK where there are an unbelievable amount of trannies that pass as women when in drab :rolleyes: .....but I wont mention that ;)

karen marie
07-01-2005, 06:49 PM
when i was a teen,i was told that i look like a girl.of
course,i dressed like one alot.i've been called miss a couple
of times while out to dinner with my wife.
hugs,karen.

Sherlyn
07-01-2005, 06:55 PM
Thats a big grin Donna ...lol ty :) ..Cool Ty Tris ...and without your generosity with photo shop .. i could have never done it :hugs:

Ava Mouse
07-01-2005, 07:32 PM
I've been Mam'd a few times on the phone. Growing up in a divorced family being the only guy, I picked up a few femme speach patterns when I'm very polite...

Yes, GREAT AVATAR, Sheryln...

BTW, Gimp is a photoshop clone... FREE... No need to pirate....

http://www.gimp.org

Nearly all of my pics were post processed/sized in Gimp.

Thats a big grin Donna ...lol ty :) ..Cool Ty Tris ...and without your generosity with photo shop .. i could have never done it :hugs:

cindybarnes
07-01-2005, 07:56 PM
I can say with no doubt, I have not been 'mamed" in drab :)
This may help tho as when Im Cindy I have no fear of being recognised.

Sherlyn, I agree with everyone,,, thats just a perfect avitar photo ! Love the pose and such a pretty face !

Cindy

FionaAlexis
07-01-2005, 08:04 PM
Occasionally I get asked 'Is that Mrs....' on the phone - but there is no way I'd be mistaken as a female in drab except by Mr Magoo.

So you're very lucky Kimmy.

Fiona xx

ToxicDisneyGoddess
07-01-2005, 08:45 PM
Well i have to say this has happend to me i was out to the movies with a freind and some lady came up to me and she was all your far to pretty to be a tom boy lol, is that a complement or what?? i am yet left stil confused

LaurenMar
07-02-2005, 06:35 AM
Unfortuanately that hasn't happened to me. :cry:

Lauren

xxx :cry:

ronna
07-02-2005, 10:09 PM
As close as I came is when a woman taking a political survey knocked on my front door and when I answered, she blatantly asked, "You're not the man of the house, are you?"
Is that politically correct?

mariej
07-02-2005, 10:14 PM
I've been called "A proper little madame" a few times.
L&P
Mariej
xx

Marcyme
07-03-2005, 12:59 AM
A few times, shooping with my with (in drab) we have been refered to as girls/ladies. We both just grin about it....But I too have bothe ears pierced, and what could be considered a female hairstyle/color even in drab...

BTW Hi all.

Fionax
07-03-2005, 01:25 AM
In my late twenties wearing ski gear I was on a chair lift and heard a lad say in bell like tones to his mate as they passed 'was that a man or a woman'? I could have hugged him

Fiona

Chrisissy
07-03-2005, 01:44 AM
I have this happen quite a bit! The last time was a few days ago while at a baseball game. I was getting some food and the the comment was "what will you have mam". Some times the person will correct themself and some times they have no idea. This person went on as if she said nothing wrong. I was wearing a T shirt, shorts and sneekers.

samanthajay
07-03-2005, 01:55 AM
once in person but many of times on the phone. i think i have a girly voice.

Tristen Cox
07-03-2005, 02:11 AM
once in person but many of times on the phone. i think i have a girly voice.
Yep I think you do too:p
------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---
Hiya Chrisissy, welcome to the forum. Yes I can see why you would be called ma'am quite easily. You look great BTW, very passable in my opinion :thumbsup:

Enjoy the site :)

samanthajay
07-03-2005, 02:35 AM
oh thats right that one night

Clare
07-03-2005, 07:03 AM
Not yet.

But I have recently had my ears pierced, growing my hair (with a small bald patch), am using lots of skin creams (not makeup) and other beauty products to soften my features, so hopefully one day someone will unconsciously say miss or whatever.

However, i don't have naturally female features, so maybe i just hoping for the impossible.

Chrsitine

Rachel Morley
07-03-2005, 08:30 PM
I didn't get Mamed exactly, but once when I was with my wife in a local supermarket waiting in a long line, the checker on the next line called over and said "if you ladies would like to come here I can serve you". The thing is I was nothing like femme except for shorts, tshirt and shaved legs and sandals.

kimmy p
07-04-2005, 04:29 PM
Well it seems that I mistated myself. Generally I get called Ma'am, Miss, or when with my wife ladies every couple of weeks. Now I have recieved this distinction two days in a row. More than likely it's because I have started wearing my hair with a small barrett in back. Pulling back the sides to keep them out of the way and letting the rest hang loose. I guess that I 've never seen this on a male before and it confuses people. Good, I like the androgynous look. It lets both sides of my personality out. The side that really likes pretty lacy things that men don't wear, and the side that still likes hunting, fishing, and full contact sports.

Kim

Jessicajaxx
07-04-2005, 10:03 PM
I get called Ma'am all the time when in drab.
I shave my arms hair and leg hair and have long hair natural breast. I can even have a 2 day old beard and get called that. Sometimes I wonder if people really look at you?. I really get these funny looks when I answer back with my male voice. :eek:

Mn.Marilyn
07-05-2005, 07:30 AM
Yes, the check out lady said thank you ma'am at the local K-Mart store when I purchased some pantyhose and a new slip, dressed in drab I just thanked her and walked out the door with my puchases.

Deidra Cowen
07-05-2005, 11:19 AM
Never been called maam in drab...but have been called 'sir' while in drag. :rolleyes: