PDA

View Full Version : Oh what a day...someone knows about me

CharlotteW
04-28-2009, 09:37 PM
Hi, an ex-neighbour has overheard some comments and I reckon my secret is out.

But first, I had a back and chest wax today. The first question asked whilst laying on the bed was "so why the back and chest wax, you're not a drag queen are you". The conversation twisted and turned throughout the session but I didn't give any major secrets away. She did tell me about her 'Brazilian' and that she liked my eyebrows. She appeared to take as much pleasure rubbing the tea tree cream into my skin as she did ripping those wax strips of my chest.

Anyway, back to the main subject. My wife bought me a red and white skirt on Monday evening, also a coral (sorta pink) top and red strappy sandals. Unfortunately the shoes didn't fit and the skirt was a little nifty too, I needed a larger size for comfort.
So I took a drive over to Asda (classy eh :o } to change the items. I said to the store assistant..."Hi, my wife bought these yesterday and I need to swap them, wrong sizes you see. Don't worry, I know exactly what I'm looking for", she said "fine, you find what you need and bring the items back here"
I quickly located the skirt in a size 16, I then bumped into an ex-neighbour shopping with her children (we only moved away just 5 weeks ago and we knew them really well). We chatted briefly and she asked what I was doing looking around the ladies clothing section, I replied that my wife has asked me to swap some items. She didn't make much of a response to that so I said goodbye and began looking for the shoes in a size 9, to no avail. Then, out of the blue, a very friendly and helpful woman decided to help me look for the correct shoes and asked what clothing they would be worn with. I explained the shoes were to go with a coral/red/white outfit and that my wife suggested red, silver or gold shoes. The woman agreed and began making her suggestions. The ex-neighbour rounded the end of the aisle, spotted me talking to the helpful woman, smiled and carried on shopping. The helpful woman moved around to another aisle and selected a pair of medium heeled t-bar silver shoes with a short rounded toe (like dolly shoes) that I really liked, they were size 8. She asked if I thought they would be OK and asked what size shoes my wife needs. I whispered "sshhh these are for me but I'm a size 9. I need them for a special event", she told me to try them anyway as she was a size 8 and sometimes the sizes are all wrong depending on the style of shoe. I whispered that I would try them on the changing rooms, thanked her for her help and left. However, when I reached the other end of the aisle (just a few seconds later) she decided to remind me of what I should do, she shouted "dont forget to try both shoes on to make sure they both fit OK". Embarassed, I turned around, put my finger to my lips and looked at her as if to say "shut up will you". When I looked forward to proceed the changing rooms, guess who had just rounded the corner and witnessed the whole scene, yes it was the ex-neighbour and her children. Well, I thought her eyes were going to pop out of her head. I was feeling a little numb at this point so I just smiled and carried on in the direction of the changing rooms.
When I got to the changing rooms a store assistant looked at me and I could almost read her mind..."hmmm, where is he going with those ladies shoes?". I stopped and chatted and asked if she minded if I try the shoes on. She expected me to try them on whilst sitting on a chair in full view of the counter area, I insisted on using a room. The shoes only just fitted (with socks) and I thought they would be OK without the socks so I decided to keep them. I completed the swap and left the store, avoiding the ex-neighbour.

Later, when the children were in bed, I decided to try on the skirt and the shoes. Both were a perfect fit and I sat watching television with my wife for a while, wearing the skirt and shoes.
At about 11pm we heard a noise and I went to investigate. My wife followed me to the front door where we agreed that the noise was probably a cat jumping onto the fence. My wife was a little uneasy and asked if I would close the gate at the end of the drive, she said she didn't care that I was wearing a skirt and heels. I was unsure but it was late so I agreed to run outside to close the gate. As soon as I got half way down the path, the security light activated and I was bathed in a healthy blanket of light. There I stood at the end of the drive wearing a knee length red and white skirt, heels and a t-shirt trying to close the gate. I grabbed the metal gate and in a hurry I dragged it shut, oh what a noise it made as the metal clattered across the concrete. I had to wrestle it closed whilst bathed in light and then run back to the front door with my wife laughing uncontrollably in the porch. We were still chuckling over a cup of tea ten minutes later.

Anyone else have a crazy day lately?

Kathi Lake
04-28-2009, 09:42 PM
Crazy day? Sounds like fun! I'm glad to hear your wife has kept her sense of humour about all this. Enjoy your skirt and heels!

Kathi

Sophie Lynne
04-28-2009, 09:49 PM
I agree- keep your sense of humor about it. And if the neighbor knows (and mentions it) tell them you went to a costume party.

:)

Teri Jean
04-28-2009, 09:55 PM
That had to be fun, exciting and nerve racking. The neighbor probably is still trying to process everything. She may even call your wife thinking she is letting her know about the purchases. I think it would be interesting to listen in on that conversation. You have a wonderful wife so give her a hug and say thanks for her support. Keli

Miranda09
04-28-2009, 09:58 PM
I dont think any of my days were as crazy as that. At least you both had a good chuckle out of it!! :D

<3 Keri Lynn <3
04-28-2009, 10:09 PM
What a twist! I half expected to hear that your neighbor was sneaking around in a ninja outfit outside and would jump into the light and yell "Ah Ha!"

I find ways to entertain myself every 10minutes.

*Hugs*Kisses*

Tasha McIntyre
04-28-2009, 10:10 PM
Great story Charlotte, sounds like a shot of bourbon was in order for the adrenaline rather than a cup of tea :)

Cheers

Tash

Phyliss
04-29-2009, 03:35 AM
Sometimes you just have those "eternal days" that seem to never end, when the only thing you want to do is go about your own business.
From the ex neighbor almost seeming to "stalk" you in the store, the "loud voiced" assistant, and being "in the spotlight" ... it became "just one of THOSE days"

gwen cd
04-29-2009, 04:45 AM
Where are the pictures
Must be something wrong with this thing.

Claire Cook
04-29-2009, 05:01 AM
Great story, worth a number of giggles! :)

I wonder if we aren't better off tossing off the guilt and just say "I'm shopping for me". Speaking of trying on shoes in drab, I think I've told this before, but last year I was trying on some low heels in Macy's (walking around in the in the shoe area) when a salesguy came up to me and said "You'll love them. I have a pair just like them." :heehee: How cool was that?

CharlotteW
04-29-2009, 05:19 AM
Hi, thanks for your replies, I'm glad you all found it amusing.
I must admit, I'm beginning to care less about who finds out. Most of my friends already know we go to some sexy parties and events and as they sometimes mention it to me, I can tell they are a little jealous that certain realities of my life will only ever be a dream to them. In fact, one friend looked directly at my ankles last week, he was staring intently whilst talking about an unrelated subject. I said "are you OK? You seem to be looking at my feet", he replied "so what about these nights out, where do you go?" :D
I can count on the fingers of just one hand the amount of people who appear to be dissapproving, nevermind eh.

-Claire, what a cool store assistant.

PretzelGirl
04-29-2009, 05:34 AM
Keli does make an interesting point. Did you let your wife know about what happened so she is prepared to field a call?

Sounds like a great day! Enjoy those purchases.

Dressing Jill
04-29-2009, 07:49 AM
ROFLMAO

Thanks for the laugh

Hugs

Jill

Leslie Langford
04-29-2009, 08:24 AM
...and it put into focus one of my wife's biggest fears about me going shopping locally for my female attire while in drab, i.e I typically wear a Size 16 and she is a 10, and she constantly worries that I could potentially run into either a neighbour or a work associate of hers who might notice that what I am buying is clearly my size and not hers, so the "gift" story would never wash.

What particularly concerns her is that many of her work associates have children who work part time as cashiers in local businesses (especially now that university is out for the summer, and secondary school soon to follow) and who I would never recognize, but might put two and two together from the credit cards because we have an unusual and distinctive last name.

I always dismissed this as a bit of paranoia, but now I am not so sure. Food for thought, so thank you for sharing, Charlotte :thinking:.

StevieTV
04-29-2009, 08:40 AM
Chest waxing??!!! I had that done once and never again. Oh the pain!! I thought my nipples were going to come off. I didn't have the same conversation with my person as you were lucky to have. Mine just ask why not use Nair, it's cheaper.

clive
04-29-2009, 09:14 AM
I know the feeling XD I've run outside in nothing but my panties wielding a shotgun because I thought someone was trying to break into my house :P

stephaniedoes
04-29-2009, 09:25 AM
wow what a rush huh? id say who cares about the neighbor, u moved.. and your wife wow, the support...

sarahNZ
04-29-2009, 09:32 AM
As it happens I have the perfect come back for an ocasion such as this.

Last year my then wife and I attended a work function for her end of year break up, and the theme was vice verca, the guys all went as girls (:Angry3:even if I was not alowed to join in the fun as it was "to close to home" for her:Angry3:)and the ladys were more looking like a bunch of unkempt sport jocks (all be it a bit on the lean side).

The moral is this... you can always tell whoever involved that you are atending such a party, they are not as uncommon as you may think.

P.S the thought of another running for all she is worth whilst trying to dodge the security light close the gate and generally not draw to much atention to oneself, and infact most likely doing just the opposite gave me a giggle I must admit. Thanks for your story Charlotte.

Sally2005
04-29-2009, 09:40 AM
The best response in that situation in the store is to loudly say, 'Very funny! I think I will try them on!!!". And for the waxing... you've been read so might as well go for the entire package! Sounds like fun though!