PDA

View Full Version : do you help around the house ?

Presh GG
04-29-2009, 03:43 PM
I woke up this morning , feeling terrible as usual. As some of you know I was in a very bad auto accident and am often under extreme pain.
My Dear husband had this house picked up , washed ,clean, dusted . Laundry done ironed , put away .
Vacumed ,swept , scrubed. Even the windows washed.
Do you help with the house ?

springtime

Sheila
04-29-2009, 03:57 PM
Debs clean :rofl: :lol: :lol2:

Holly
04-29-2009, 04:03 PM
I'm retired from my job outside the house. As my wife is still working, I do all the cooking, housekeeping, laundry, grocery shopping, and so on. I get up every morning and fix her breakfast and pack a lunch for her to take to work. I do all the banking and pay all the bills. I love being a housewife :D.

Presh GG
04-29-2009, 04:15 PM
BLESS YOU !!
And I bet you're very good at it !
I know she truely appreciates you , I know I'm so blessed
springtime

Meg East
04-29-2009, 04:24 PM
I actually like to cook and don't mind cleaning and doing laundry. We don't have specific tasks, we just do what we do. I like making my wife's life easier. No one is put on this earth to be another's serf.

Deborah Jane
04-29-2009, 04:28 PM
Debs clean :rofl: :lol: :lol2:

It's not mess.....It's creative dust :heehee:

Dressing Jill
04-29-2009, 04:30 PM
I live alone so I do all the work here. I don't know anyone's house as clean as mine.

When I was married I did all the cleaning cooking washing and yard work. Neither wife helped out much.

Hugs

Jill

Sarah...
04-29-2009, 04:34 PM
I do, yes. We've mostly agreed that I'm better at the house stuff so I do most of it. It's no biggie. Plus Becky is under a lot of pressure at work so she needs a bit of TLC at home - not chores.

Sarah...

StevieTV
04-29-2009, 04:46 PM
I live alone so I am in charge of the cleaning. Good thing I'm also very tidy.

Kathi Lake
04-29-2009, 04:56 PM
My wife is finishing her PhD, so I have taken on the cooking, cleaning and child-tending. So yes, I would definitely say that I help around the house. :)

Kathi

Ellen James
04-29-2009, 04:56 PM
My mother made sure that all of her sons could sew on a button or make an emergency sewing repair, do the laundry, boil water, and some basic house cleaning techniques (the army and college taught me more about mopping floors and using floor buffers). My wife and I agreed to share household chores when we got married - I help with the laundry, do most of my own ironing when necessary, sew on my own buttons, very ocassionally cook (she's so much better in the kitchen than I am though I have a few dishes), and help out with general housecleaning - sweeping, vacuuming, etc. :battingeyelashes:

StaceyJane
04-29-2009, 04:59 PM
I wash the clothes and the dishes. I really don't mind doing it.

sometimes_miss
04-29-2009, 05:33 PM
Well as I live alone, yeah, I 'help' around the house. But I've always done housework, we were brought up to do chores around the house. Mom worked, and she made sure we knew it was our responsibility to do the cleaning, and a good deal of the cooking as well because she was oh so tired after working. I've done my own laundry since I was 8.

SherriePall
04-29-2009, 05:39 PM
I don't do laundry (take the clothes basket to the machines, though) or cook (except for pasta and sandwiches and salad). Everything else I help with or do. Afterall, I am the one who wears the dresses in this home.

Babette
04-29-2009, 05:52 PM
Since I help create the messes, then I do my part and help with the cleanup. Cooking is no problem because I love to cook. There are only two chores we don't share. I have trouble with colors so my wife insists that I stay away from the laundry room. She has issues with mechanical things so I do all of the yard work. This must be a good thing because it has worked for over 30 years.

Hope you have a speedy recovery Springtime. Your husband's good deed has made me smile.

Babette

Karren H
04-29-2009, 05:53 PM
My wife won't let me.... "you have your own work, stop tryuing to do mine!!!" lol

ChanDelle
04-29-2009, 06:00 PM
Yep. Most of the cooking and some of the cleaning. Cooking's the best part!

ChanDelle

SusanMarie
04-29-2009, 06:15 PM
Absolutely...it's part of daily life.

Alice Green
04-29-2009, 06:51 PM
I like to help out around the house when I was young I had to help clean all around the house so it feels natural to keep the place clean.

Kate Lynn
04-29-2009, 07:00 PM
Right now I'm working away from home,America,until Feb. next year when my contract is up,but yes I do pretty much everything around the house except my wifes laundry,she prefers to do that herself.

I miss home,especially my wifes bantering,the cat always wanting hugs,and our silly dog,but the pay is extremely good so I will have to suffer for 10 more months.

suchacutie
04-29-2009, 07:14 PM
sensitive to the feminine perspective as we all are, I would imagine that most of us 1) would help if they would let us, 2) enjoy being a part of our spouse's life including keeping our lives running, 3) there have already been a number of threads indicating that many of us just love doing "chores" when en femme, and 4) we might actually be too much under foot wanting to put our 2 cents in!!!

Work does get in the way, but we generally get the job done around the house, and I do love to cook! Mostly we love to do things together, whether that's helping around the house or not. Some things we do partition, but many things are just up to who gets to them first!

tina

Jenny Beth
04-29-2009, 07:18 PM
I do my fair share of things that have to be done around the house and I have a maids dress to prove it! :heehee: I'm not much of a cook but when it comes to the barbecue I tend to take charge.

TGMarla
04-29-2009, 07:21 PM
Well, hell yes, I do. It's not just her job. I live here, too. And the house gets crapped out just as much from my living here as it does from her living here. She works as hard a schedule as I do, and comes home just as tired. I take care of the outside, and she takes care of the inside, but these rules are not etched in stone, and I very much pull my weight in both areas.

gretchen2
04-29-2009, 07:40 PM
Absolutely, it’s fun to get dressed up and clean the house.

Sammy777
04-29-2009, 08:01 PM

Help? No, I basically do it all but I draw the line at laundry, you wore it, you wash it. lol

I guess all I am missing is the perverbiable French Maids uniform. lol
Who knows may make the work a little more enjoyable, LOL :lol2:

Tora
04-29-2009, 08:10 PM
Sure, it is a partnership, besides she is fun to be with. I also do the lingerie, as she has lost the loving feeling, there. She thinks it is just underware. Can you believe it.

sexxynikki83
04-29-2009, 10:14 PM
I also live alone....so I have to clean....but nothing makes me want scrub the bathroom like that french maid outfit!

Intertwined
04-29-2009, 10:42 PM
I do what I can, cooking, cleaning, laundry, on top of 50 hours a week at work, came home from work today and fixed my wife blueberry pancakes for dinner, yes dinner, she said she wante it.

linnea
04-30-2009, 12:02 AM
I have always helped around the house. Actually I don't think of it as "helping" because that implies that it is someone else's responsibility that I am assisting. I believe that it's just a matter of sharing the responsibilities. The clothes don't clean and dry themselves; the dishes don't wash and dry and put themselves away. Vacuuming, cleaning the bathtub and toilet--why are these "women's work"? The fact of the matter is that they are not gender specific. So I share the house work.

pamela_a
04-30-2009, 12:08 AM
My wife has been ill for a number of years so I'm also chief cook and bottle washer, as well as laundry, shopping, maid, nurse and everything else that needs to be done.

-Paula-

Mistybtm
04-30-2009, 12:21 AM
I live alone so I do all the work here. :dom::tongueout

Tina B.
04-30-2009, 01:37 PM
Yes I do my fair share, I cook, clean and do Laundry, always have, Momma always said you need to know this things, then you can find a woman for all the right reasons, not for maid service, Momma was right!
Tina

Leslie Mary S
04-30-2009, 02:18 PM
When I married my second wife I was twice retired. She still had her job.
She wanted me to go out and get another job. The fact that my two retirement checks both independently were greater than her paycheck didn't seem to mean anything to her. I was spending all my time keeping the house plus doing repairs and improvements on the 1950s home.
She did not like it when I once referred to myself as the 'house husband'.
We were divorced in 2005.

Miranda09
04-30-2009, 02:29 PM
Sure do...especially since I'm the only one here!!! Oh, and I do regularly feed the dust bunnies!!!! :)

Jessica Who
04-30-2009, 03:23 PM

springtime

Yes! We alternate on dishes, but I always clean the bathroom. I do most of the vacuuming as well.

Shelly67
04-30-2009, 03:47 PM
I do the tidying ( my wife seems to love hoarding magazines - it drives me nuts ) dusting ,polishing , cleaning the bathrooms ,wash floors ect . It takes a lot for me to hoover tho as I simply hate the noise of a dyson upright .
I,ve made myself a promise , the day the dyson dies , I,m cremating it in my back garden AFTER its developed into 1000 bits from the finest tool known to man .
A big hammer .

KimberlyS
04-30-2009, 05:23 PM
I have always helped around the house since I was young. It was not much of a choice growing up. I have continued to help around the house and can seamlessly bounce between "masculine" and "feminine" tasks. At times I sit at night and mend or do other things while watching TV or a movie with my family.

kim

Marjory
04-30-2009, 10:38 PM
I'm the man of the house, therefore I do everything electrician, plumber, carpenter, fix cars,paint, remodel, dishes, cooking, housecleaning, windows, computer wizard... just a typical husband... my wife does the laundry and organizes.

dominique
05-01-2009, 03:59 AM
S.O. out earning ful time so I do all the housework, excluding the ironing leave that to the better half.

GaleWarning
05-01-2009, 04:43 AM
Well, it seems Debs and I are in the minority. :heehee:

Luckily, my SO is multi-talented. :love:

tricia_uktv
05-01-2009, 04:46 AM
I do the house, I have to. I have teenage daughters and no partner. Its a bi of a tip though!

Fancynancy
05-01-2009, 05:26 AM
We both work unusal shifts so there is a lot of jogging duties around here. We both do all the cleaning with no set jobs.I stay out of the flower beds and she doesn't mow.We work together to get the cleaning done.I do like to clean in the femme mode but they are not just femme jobs.I have learned that if she is cooking ,stay the hell out of the kitchen.I do alot of the cooking but with a completely different style.Nancy

insearchofme
05-01-2009, 06:30 AM
When I am home I always work around the house. As a child I was taught to do all the chores. My mother and father thought that all their children know how to take care of themselves.

Since my wife works it's only right that I help wirth the house. At times when I've been out of a job I have done most of the work, this includes all the cleaning of the house except the kitchen (my wife doesn't want me messing up her kitchen) and the bath rooms. I'll cook dinnner do the laundry and of course I do the yard work.

I've told friends that I live there and shouldn't expect my wife to take care of the chores. To me there is nothing femme about doing work around the house. If it needs to be done just do it.

Claire Cook
05-01-2009, 06:40 AM
I do the dusting and the cleaning ... and I love to do it in a housedress! My wife deals with the clothes ... she hangs them better than I do (the dresses too!)

Georgia Rose
05-01-2009, 06:48 AM
Like quite a few responses I learned to do the cooking, cleaning, mending etc early in life. My mother thought anyone who couldn't look after themselves was useless. Our kids got the same treatment. I work full time and my wife part-time so she does most of the chores now but I do my fair share inside and 99% outside. I love cooking but hate ironing. Only do the housework en femme when home alone.

Ralph
05-02-2009, 11:24 PM
My wife is handicapped, so I do what little housework gets done - dishes, laundry, feeding and cleaning up after pets, taking out the trash, etc. Everything else gets shoved out of the way in piles until we need it. We might run the vacuum before guests come over, but no other times (too busy with my day job to do a LOT of housework)

Do people still wash windows? I thought that's what rain was for!

ralph the slob

Stefanie_Adams
05-03-2009, 08:06 AM
I'm retired from my job outside the house. As my wife is still working, I do all the cooking, housekeeping, laundry, grocery shopping, and so on. I get up every morning and fix her breakfast and pack a lunch for her to take to work. I do all the banking and pay all the bills. I love being a housewife :D.

Holly, that is so like me! but I do let my wife handle the finances even thought she has me run to the bank and does ask my opinion. I do all the cleaning laundry most of the cooking and I love taking care of her that way. thought she never wants to see "me" she certainly likes the fact ,I like being a housewife. Wish she would give in a little more.

steftoday
05-03-2009, 09:04 AM
I do my share- cooking, laundry, cleaning.
When the kids were babies, I shared diapers and baths and everything in between...

As Marla said, we both live here, and we both contribute to the mess, and marriage is a partnership, is it not?

My wife works full time as well, so it just makes sense to split the work at home...

diannecourtney
05-03-2009, 09:29 AM
I do most of the cleaning , in and out. But I would enjoy it more thoroughly if the attire were totally enfemme..Maybe someday, I do heels and a slack and jean outfits..

TxKimberly
05-03-2009, 09:33 AM
Oh great! So now your husband has gone and ruined it for all of us! Do you know how hard the rest of us have worked to convince our wives that we can't do this sort of thing, and then your husband has to go and screw it all up for the rest of us! He'd better not let us find him in a dark alley some day or it's gonna get ugly . . .

luvlysublisa4u
05-03-2009, 09:50 AM
i love to help out with the cleaning, laundry and ironing, though she is the undisputed queen of cooking. when my wife has a particularly hard job for me (cleaning all the bathrooms, resealing the floors) she tells me to go put on my sexy maid uniform and "get after it!". that is all the motivation i need!

Andrea's Lynne
05-03-2009, 09:56 AM
She does most of the cooking, which she is GREAT at! and the dusting, and getting the kids to and from school, doctors, practices, etc..

I do most of the laundry, all the dishes, the vacuuming, and the "traditional guy jobs" like mowing raking, taking out trash keeping basement and garage in order.

We make a great team! And you can tell we're on the same team because our tonenail polish always matches!!!:love::hugs: