PDA

View Full Version : Big step!

Ciara
04-30-2009, 10:16 PM
Hi girls, I wanted to share my big step with all my sisters - Today I drummed up the courage to go down the the DMV ( Department of Motor Vehicles) and apply for my CA ID as Ciara. I normally go out as Ciara during the day and it's really no big deal at this point for me, but today was different.

As I was getting ready I was telling myself that this is a natural progression for Ciara. I put together a very pretty springtime look that was perfect for a daytime outing.

When I arrived at my destenation I was overtaken by ALL the people in a downtown LA DMV at once. As I stood in line I felt really comfortable and didn't notice to many looks - (which was such a big plus)!

After about an hour or so of waiting and two trips to the ladies room to check my makeup they finally called my number and it was showtime. The young lady asked me "How can I help you Honey" and at that point I knew Ciara would be fine.

After it was all done and said I felt so pleased that I went through with it. In responce to Karen's post about peaking, I feel that Ciara/me is just getting started and I turning the page on this life journey.

If your still with me I'm sorry this post got away from me and became so long.
Hopefully my experience will help some of you girls go out and get your Femme ID.

Miranda09
04-30-2009, 10:23 PM
Good for you Ciara. A big step in your journey is right on! :):thumbsup:

Dressing Jill
04-30-2009, 11:03 PM
Wow never thought about getting a State ID...

I wonder if the state of Texas allows that. I will have to ck into that one.

Oh Congratulations

Hugs

Jill

ashlee chiffon
04-30-2009, 11:15 PM
you're such a beautiful gal, I'm Surprised you didn't get stares just because of your pretty face! Congrats on being so comfortible with yourself and taking this step! Good inspiration!

docrobbysherry
04-30-2009, 11:30 PM
We award u the CD Medal of Honor. For bravery, far beyond the call of duty!:eek:
At least, if were up to ME we would!:thumbsup:

Or, u can have a new drivers ID. Your choice!:heehee:

Gabrielle Hermosa
05-01-2009, 04:11 AM
Good for you, Ciara! :)

Been tossing this idea around in my head, but it will probably be some time before acting upon it if I decide to.

I'm glad your experience was a positive one. Stories like this offer me a little inspiration.

Jenniferpl
05-01-2009, 04:17 AM
You go girl.

Hope
05-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Wow never thought about getting a State ID...

I wonder if the state of Texas allows that. I will have to ck into that one.

Someone here not to long ago talked about getting a Texas state ID. I think the deal was that you can have both a drivers license, and a state ID with different pictures, but the names and gender information and everything else would need to be the same on both cards... but my memory is faulty... check it out before you go.

trannie T
05-01-2009, 11:27 PM
I can now die,my life is complete, I have read about a pleasant trip to the DMV.

PretzelGirl
05-01-2009, 11:36 PM
Someone here not to long ago talked about getting a Texas state ID. I think the deal was that you can have both a drivers license, and a state ID with different pictures, but the names and gender information and everything else would need to be the same on both cards... but my memory is faulty... check it out before you go.

Paging TxKimberly!

Marissa
05-01-2009, 11:43 PM
Paging TxKimberly!

So cute.. :D yes it was kim who had that experience..

Good luck Jill on getting yours.. in time..maybe i would venture that far but for now, its the odd looks..lol..

curse within
05-01-2009, 11:46 PM
I can now die,my life is complete, I have read about a pleasant trip to the DMV.

Now that was funny:devil:

WTG on the courages adventure ..

dilane
05-01-2009, 11:58 PM
Hi Ciara,

As a fellow LA person, I'm thinking of doing the same thing.

Tell me, what kind of documentation (if any) did you need to bring, or was a CA driver's license enough?

BTW, I now go to the Santa Monica DMV, much less crowded. I've gone to the downtown one -- what a zoo!

I'm out all over town day and night, too. Give me a PM if you want to meet up sometime.

Regards,

Diane

vivianann
05-02-2009, 03:17 AM
Congrats Ciara, I am contemplating doing the same.