PDA

View Full Version : First time out dressed! EVER!

docrobbysherry
05-01-2009, 11:15 AM
Ok, don't get excited, now much happened! However, it WAS an interesting experience for me.

For some time now, I've thot I must get out somewhere. Have a picnic and shoot some pics. I selected a tiny park, on a hillside. It's rite next to a quiet residencial street, with a singe bench, and a short walkway down the hill, out of view of the street! PERFECT, I thot!

I decided to go for it yesterday! A brite, sunny morning. Kids in school, everyone else at work! I was very relaxed, and not worried at all! Got all dressed up. Then, removed my wig and special face, and put them in a large bag with my other ladies gear. Put on a cap and jacket over my spring dress. Drove down our street, and onto a major road.

I had NEVER driven with heels on before. The ones I had on were 41/2". No problems with the brakes. But, I had some with accellerator. Couldn't push it down properly!
A mile from my house, the " Check Engine" sign flashed on my dash panel. I realized I had remembered all my dressup items, and film gear, but forgot my cell phone and a SET of DRAB CLOTHES!:doh:
Car trouble never occurred to me!
I was contemplating whether it would by better to walk back to my house as a guy in dress and heels, or a masked lady!:eek:
REMEMBER, I have SPECIAL PROBLEMS if I'm seen out. I guy in a dress is one thing. Someone seen wearing a mask, is more likely to meet the local SWAT team!:sad:

As I got near the park, I pulled over in the shade of a tree. Put on my face, and wig. No problems. Around the corner, I slowed at my little park. I bike rider was on the bench. I decided to check out some other small hillside parks nearby. One had a team of gardners working on it. Another looked good. I turned around, pulled up, and stepped out to look down the hill. A guy walking his dog suddenly appeared at the bottom, coming up toward me. I retreated back to the car. He walked rite by. As I looked out, another man with a dog entered the park. Don't folks with pets work? So, I decided to see if the biker had left the first park. No. Now he was on his cell phone. I decided to go home. Still looked like a woman was driving my car.

On a quiet street a few blocks from my house, I stopped at a stop sign. No other cars were going either way. So, I pulled off my face and wig. Put back on my cap. A police car pulled up behind me! Don't know what he saw, but since he turned, apparently, nothing!:eek:

So much for my first EVER outing!:brolleyes:

boardpuppy
05-01-2009, 11:45 AM
A daylight outing for the first time, congrats, you go girl. My first outing was only at night and a park not far from here. I can understand not wanting to be recognized in your community but we all or most of us have that same problem. I can say it made for a very interesting story though. After your nerves settled down how did you feel. Was it everything you though it would be, not counting the close calls and near misses of course, which help build confidence. When do you plan another outing.

Hugs,
Alice

Angie G
05-01-2009, 12:14 PM
Sounds like you almost had hun. At least you got out Sherry you go girl.:hugs:
Angie

Karren H
05-01-2009, 02:41 PM
That's awesome!! Short but still!! I've done the same thing early on and I don't know where they come from but someone always pops up where you wouldn't expect them.. Lol.

Deedee Dupree
05-01-2009, 03:55 PM
Hi Doc, I appreciate the importance of what you just accomplished and congratulations!... my jaw dropped reading your post this morning.

But, I see a big red flag. What would you have said or done if the cop stopped you, and saw your mask on the seat beside you, if that's where it was? Know what I mean?

I don't think you can be charged with impersonating yourself(just a little joke)
but would you want to or be able to explain the mask to the officers satisfaction if he/she thought is was part of a disguise for "nefarious" purposes?

If I am off the wall about this, I apologise in advance. dd

Gabrielle Hermosa
05-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Congrats on getting out!

Sorry it didn't go as you planned. Yeah - what's up with everyone being somewhere? Doesn't anyone work anymore? lol

It wasn't a total scrub though. At least you got an interesting story out of it, right? :)

I'm sure your next outing will be more fruitful. :)

Kate Simmons
05-01-2009, 07:10 PM
Cool beans RS. :thumbsup:The first of many outings I hope. The main thing you are quick thinking and can formulate plans fairly easily. This is a must for a CD who goes out. :)

Jacqui
05-01-2009, 09:04 PM
Engine light on?

Doc, now you and your car have something in common: both of you need to pass inspection!

Glad you made it out!

Jacqui

docrobbysherry
05-01-2009, 09:08 PM
That's awesome!! Short but still!! I've done the same thing early on and I don't know where they come from but someone always pops up where you wouldn't expect them.. Lol.

You're rite Karen! If I do this again, I need to pick a place farther out of town!:D

Cool beans RS. :thumbsup:The first of many outings I hope. The main thing you are quick thinking and can formulate plans fairly easily. This is a must for a CD who goes out. :)

That wouldn't be me in THIS instance, Arianna! I forgot to even bring my wallet, or ANY ID!:eek:

But, I see a big red flag. What would you have said or done if the cop stopped you, and saw your mask on the seat beside you, if that's where it was? Know what I mean?
but would you want to or be able to explain the mask to the officers satisfaction if he/she thought is was part of a disguise for "nefarious" purposes?
dd

I'm ALSO questioning the appropriateness of going out in daylite in women's gear AND a mask! NOT sure WHAT I was thinking, DD! :doh:

Not to mention driving around, while looking out of the tiny pupil holes in the mask! Virtually NO peripheral vision what so ever!:Angry3:

I've done a few SMARTER things in my life!:brolleyes:

Sophie Lynne
05-01-2009, 11:24 PM
I am excited for you! First times are just so nerve wracking enfemme

RobertaM
05-01-2009, 11:24 PM
will be in LA next week on a biz trip , will keep an EYE out for !!!

vivianann
05-02-2009, 01:16 AM
Congratulations on your first outing, you will want to go out more. You need to lose the mask, looks creepy, and it will draw too much attention, get a nice wig, and some makeup, it will draw alot less attention, you do not have to pass completely to go out in public, I do not pass, but with a nice wig and makeup done right most peaple dont even notice, the few who do notice...... who cares, I dont.
Anyway good luck on any future outings enfemme, I wish you the best.
:hugs: Vivian

divamissz
05-02-2009, 12:37 PM
Well, you had an exciting day!

I think next time you need to plan a bit more, and maybe consider an "emergency kit" just in case. Going out in the evenings is often safer. Driving in a mask without open eye holes is dangerous! And you are lucky that the cop didn't get next to you while you were masked....

But I think you should take this as a lesson, learn from it, and do better next time!

Christina Horton
05-02-2009, 10:57 PM
what's with the mask? I think they look bad stupid if you will. I don't pass well but I would never were a rubber mask there very crepey like a bad hollween costume. Please educate me on this mask thing. I just don't understand it. Don't take offence to my opinion that I think there weaird , I just don't know why anyone would think they looked good , but that's me.

tammysuetv
05-03-2009, 07:19 AM
You had the courage to go out so a second trip will be easier. I am sorry it did not work out for you this time. Get back out again soon.

Tammy

docrobbysherry
05-03-2009, 11:39 AM
I didn't expect so many replies, to what I considered a pretty mundane thread! I ESPECIALLY appreciate the encouragement!:D

Congratulations on your first outing, you will want to go out more. You need to lose the mask, looks creepy, and it will draw too much attention, get a nice wig, and some makeup, it will draw alot less attention, you do not have to pass completely to go out in public, I do not pass, but with a nice wig and makeup done right most peaple dont even notice, the few who do notice...... who cares, I dont.
Anyway good luck on any future outings enfemme, I wish you the best.
:hugs: Vivian

Let me ask u, Vivian, would go out dressed in public, WITHOUT your wig and makeup?:eek:
That's what it would be like for me, without my masks. Unfortunately, I have been CDing continuously with them for over 8 years. That means EVERY time I dress, I use them! So, like it or not, they r a necessary part of my CDing, for the time being!:doh:

what's with the mask? I think they look bad stupid if you will. I don't pass well but I would never were a rubber mask there very crepey like a bad hollween costume. Please educate me on this mask thing. I just don't understand it. Don't take offence to my opinion that I think there weaird , I just don't know why anyone would think they looked good , but that's me.

Of course, you're entitled to your opinion Christina. Some people just LOVE the gorilla-in-a-dress look! I'm just NOT one of them! :brolleyes:
Here's a pic of me dressed, WITHOUT a "special face" on. Do u REALLY prefer THAT look to my signature pic?:eek:

Christina Horton
05-04-2009, 07:57 PM
hi girl. I would realy like to know why you you need a mask. My opinion you know , but I do honestly would like to know why. Do you go shopping with it? Etc. I have only now found out about these masks. So truthfull , why do you need or think you need it , please tell me hun.

Missy Anne
05-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Hey Sherry,

Congrats on getting out! It was a real rush for me back then and a high pressure event for sure.

Seriously though, with a good wig and a good makeup job, you probably would not be recognized anywhere as yourself. You are probably more at risk of being outted with the mask.

I'm not sure how old you are but with age appropriate dress and makeup, I would bet you are a long ways away from the gorilla image that you perceive you are.

Just take an emergency kit. We always do. It's the first thing that goes into the car.

Huggs,

Missy Anne

Paula TV
05-04-2009, 08:39 PM
You've done well for yourself Sherry going that far, i say take it step by step, going further each time. If your comfortable with the mask, and still not comfortable enough without, then take the time to do it again. It's good to marvel at what you've accomplished, but things can only get better, the more times you do it, the more you feel the real you coming out.

gillian1968
05-04-2009, 09:06 PM
You go Sherry!

I think we generally respect why you wear your mask, but I would think you have to be more careful in public with it. The general public has trouble enough coming to terms with crossdressing, I think they'd have an even harder time understanding what goes on in our heads sometimes and realizing what your mask means to you.

It's possible people might react better to a gorilla in a dress than a person behind a mask. Not that all of us who wear makeup don't don our own masks, but rather that your mask is inanimate, much more concealing, and with a fixed expression.

Take care and be safe,

-Gillian

Daenna Paz
05-04-2009, 10:22 PM
Perhaps it's not how you look, but who you are, that necessitates your mask?? No matter.......you took a huge step on your journey, and, I'm sure, learned several valuable lessons along the way. I say congratulations to you; next time bring your wallet, silly!

TxKimberly
05-04-2009, 10:43 PM
Funny, my heart is pounding reading it! :-)

divamissz
05-04-2009, 10:45 PM
How about, "This is Sherry's thing, and if she's happy, wonderful?" Because that's what matters...

Deedee Dupree
05-04-2009, 10:58 PM
Hi Sherry, Well you have had quite an adventure and it may take a while to sort through it all. So when you are ready It would be very nice to hear how you are feeling. Hope you are good. dd

harmony
05-05-2009, 12:29 AM
hi doc!
i thought(wrongly)i would never see the day one of the most steadfast closetqueens makes her public debut!!!
other than the actual events what were your feelings?
i know from myself that when i reached a certain stage in my crossdressing career many years ago i needed the validation of society at large that i was ok-no wierdo but a well turned out man in a dress!i was accepted as such with realy no real hassels and got quite a few steps further in discovering
and beeing me!
can you relate to that from your outing or may be elaborate a little?

Jazzmine
05-05-2009, 04:49 AM
Out the gate, mate?!! Wow. you're a real girl now! :drink:

Baby steps n' all, I bet it felt good being out and about in the real world.

The mask would be ok from a distance but would be rather interesting for the average punter up close, I would imagine.

Just jeep your sense of humour, you could say your practising a mime or something! Or keep some juggling battens close by and put a hat out on the ground.

Ok enough of the banter .... Well done on getting out, must have taken a bit of courage this first time.

Hugs, Jazzmine

Nymphdream
05-05-2009, 06:06 AM
I remember the first time quite well actually. It was about 10 years ago. I was at one of my parents friends houses and it was only adults and me so of course I was bored being only 9. I was told I could go play upstairs. The people who owned the house had a daughter about 7 years older than me. She was out so I let myself into her room to see if there was anything to keep me amused. After searching under her bed and finding nothing I let myself into her closet. To my suprise I found a very nice bikini and having never felt one before I was quite taken aback at how nice it was. Noticing a strange curiosity I had never felt before I took myself to the bathroom (with the bikini of course), locked the door and tried it on.
It was amazing and I have been dressing more and more since then.

docrobbysherry
05-05-2009, 11:07 AM
hi girl. I would realy like to know why you you need a mask. My opinion you know , but I do honestly would like to know why. Do you go shopping with it? Etc. I have only now found out about these masks. So truthfull , why do you need or think you need it , please tell me hun.

Ok,Christine, I'll TRY and cut thru the BS, but I really haven't worked this out yet! As a closet CD, I have had no limits, and no one else to please, accept ME! CDing is a LOT OF FUN! When u go out dressed, u have to make compromises! AND be prepared for unexpected events! NEITHER of which I've had any practice at!:eek:

One thing I DON'T seem to be able to get past, is my looks without my masks!:doh: I REALLY didn't have much FUN CDing, ( 8 years ago), until I started wearing them, and wouldn't rite be now, either!:sad:

hi doc!
i thought(wrongly)i would never see the day one of the most steadfast closetqueens makes her public debut!!!
other than the actual events what were your feelings?
i know from myself that when i reached a certain stage in my crossdressing career many years ago i needed the validation of society at large that i was ok-no wierdo but a well turned out man in a dress!i was accepted as such with realy no real hassels and got quite a few steps further in discovering
and beeing me!
can you relate to that from your outing or may be elaborate a little?

I was strangely detached, Harmony. Thotful, careful, and pretty relaxed during most of my outing. The "check engine" lite, and police car pulling up behind me got my pulse up some. But, the car ran fine, and he immediately turned off!:D

You go Sherry!

I think we generally respect why you wear your mask, but I would think you have to be more careful in public with it. The general public has trouble enough coming to terms with crossdressing, I think they'd have an even harder time understanding what goes on in our heads sometimes and realizing what your mask means to you.

It's possible people might react better to a gorilla in a dress than a person behind a mask. Not that all of us who wear makeup don't don our own masks, but rather that your mask is inanimate, much more concealing, and with a fixed expression.

Take care and be safe,

-Gillian

Good points, Gillian! I have gotten so comfortable, and accustomed to my masks. AND, coincidentally, they provide me with anonimity since I've come out of the closet on line, fairly recently.:)

I failed to realize that going out in one COULD be disasterous! And bring me extra, unwanted attention! The OPPOSITE of how it works for me to date!:doh:

Thanks for ALL your thotful, curious, and supportive posts! So many of u have long pasted the stage I seem to be just approaching! :hugs:

I need to think about what I'm doing, and why. Before I consider another outing!:heehee:

Julie513
05-05-2009, 02:20 PM
Hi Sherry,
I hope you can reconcile your desire to go out with your need to wear the mask. But in the meantime, way to go girl! There's nothing quite like the feel of the fresh air and the exhileration of being out and about. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs, Julie

tricia_uktv
05-05-2009, 02:51 PM
Yay well done hon! But as others have said, go away from home, get a hotel room, take your time and enjoy it. Its hard enough without going local and worrying about what happens if the natives see.

But go girl go!

katiej
05-05-2009, 04:52 PM
That first time out is a once in a lifetime experience. I remember my first time. It was after dark and I went with a boy. I remember how it felt to this day. We sat on a park bench and I had to pinch myself, it was so surreal. But good for you, and be careful next time. Love, Katie xx