PDA

View Full Version : Conincidental remarks from people about being a woman?

KateC
05-01-2009, 03:03 PM
Just wondering if anyone had this happen to them. People around you at work or family that don't know about your CDing and like dressing as or referred to as a female, inadvertently poking fun at something and calling you a "girl" or "she".

For instanced today, it was kind of funny and made me laugh inside and also felt somewhat good, a co-worker was talking to me. Basically I was asking where did he go for lunch today, so he said he went to Z place with A, B and C.

So I asked, why didn't he ask me to come like usual. So he made some remark (which I don't really get the joke) that "So now you're the asian girl who feels uncomfortable because she doesn't want to make others unhappy" or something like that. So I said "Yeah I'm that asian girl", thinking to myself I really am lol, if he only knew... Anyways the context of the phrase doesn't matter, what matters is that the referring of me as a girl which is funny.

kristinacd55
05-01-2009, 03:38 PM
Kate,
I guess it's how girlie you look? Was it just a statement you made drab, or do you come across as somewhat enfemme anyway?

KateC
05-11-2009, 12:45 AM
Kate,
I guess it's how girlie you look? Was it just a statement you made drab, or do you come across as somewhat enfemme anyway?

I was at work so yeah i'm in guy mode. I don't know, I don't get the joke. Point was he made a reference that I'm a girl which is kind of true. I guess I do act girly...

Intertwined
05-11-2009, 12:57 AM
At work, things were in kinda melt down mode, too many things going wrong at once.

At the time, I needed some information from our dispatch office, I went to our dispatch window and asked for what I needed, one of our dispatchers BeBe, yelled over to one of the other dispatchers and said, could you please help her it took about 5 to 10 seconds, and BeBe stopped cold in her tracks, turned to me and started appologizing, I was giggling, told her I thought it was cool, and had her give me a high 5. It kinda made my day!

Most of my co-workers know I Xdress.

Kittykitty
05-11-2009, 01:00 AM
Happens all the time. Now that I'm ok with it all, I kinda like it! I do what you girls do, and smile on the inside.

Last week at work, a girl who looks just like me if I were female and 300 pounds saw me talking to her superviser through a large glass window. When I came out, she was laughing. I asked why, and she said something about my hand on my hip. I suddenly realized Kitty had snuck her way out. I popped her 2 clicks up in the air (snap snap!), did an about-face on the balls of my feet, and swung my hips as I walked off. Didn't have the nerve to look back though!!!!

Jenny Beth
05-11-2009, 09:11 AM
I just finished working on a house where the contractor would say "Good morning girls" when he showed up on the job. I'd giggle to myself because only an hour or so earlier I was still in my lacy nightgown. It bugged the electrician though, he'd always have a smart ass comment and it made me wonder if he was one of those closet cd's in self denial. :heehee:

Christie ann
05-11-2009, 09:25 AM
Some of the more "manly men" that I associate with have told me "You are such a girl" when I discuss my enjoyment of the quiet in the forest with out their engines ruining the scene.

Joni Marie Cruz
05-11-2009, 10:03 AM
I get it all the time...and I like it. The nicest time, though it wasn't exactly spontaneous, was when I decided to come out to a co-worker friend who's a very out lesbian. When I started to tell her about being TG, she made one of those dismissive hand gestures and said, "Oh hell, I already know." She then proceeded to tell me that since she always has her gaydar on, she had read me long ago. "You walk like a girl, you smile like a girl, your gestures and mannerisms and the way you talk are like a girl. I don't even know why you bother hiding it." Honestly, I didn't know I had so much FSL (Femme Side Leakage) going on, but it made my day.

Hugs...Joni Marie

amanda w
05-11-2009, 10:45 AM
I get it also alot but when i am with my wife she don,t like it so i tolded if i had a dress on then it would not be a mistake. ha ha ha

PretzelGirl
05-11-2009, 09:46 PM
At a previous job, I went to staff meetings with me and six ladies. The manager every now and then say something like "How are you ladies today?" at the start of a meeting. I would always give her a squeaky voiced answer. Hmmm....was I showing tendencies then? :whistling:

BillieJoe
05-11-2009, 11:40 PM
I had surgery last year and was in the hospital quite awhile. Of course after a bit you become familiar with some of your nurses and they with you. On one of my last days there I was laying in bed somewhat immodestly and one nurse that I had become quite familiar with came up to me and pulled my gown down and said "Come now thats not very ladylike. We need to pull your dress down". I was flabbergasted. I know she didn't have any idea about me but she sure surprised me when she said that!

AllieSF
05-11-2009, 11:55 PM
I recently had my second urinary tract infection in less than 6 months. My doctor gave me antibiotics and cleared it up. Then he had me do some blood work and a CT scan looking for abnormalities, including tumors (scary thoughts). He told me that if I was a woman he wouldn't worry about it, because women tend to get them much more frequently than men do due the short distance from the bladder to the outside, plus the close proximity of the anusxit. However, since I was a man, he was concerned. After all the test results were in we discussed the negative results. Since I had my prostate removed in 2005 due to cancer and wear sanitary pads everyday due to some incontinence, he decided that maybe that was the cause of the recent infections. He then said to my surprise, "Well, I just need to treat you like a woman now!" I wonder if he was questioning my big grin after he said that. Now, I need to take 500 mg of vitamin C to increase the acidity and to reduce the chance of future infections. Thanks Doc, you made my day!

Joan Merrie
05-12-2009, 12:07 AM
My jeep has a bra on the hood, so I get ribbed from time to time (only pisses me off when it another guy who has tweety bird on his tire cover) Yesterday one of them made some comment about looking good in my bra (refering to the jeep) I responded "with well ya know when you find one that fits, you don't wanna take them off" is it wrong that I am the only one that really gets the joke?

Well my jeep is running around topless now.:hugs:

linnea
05-12-2009, 12:29 AM
I've had a few comments but nothing that would give me the impression that the speaker had any clue whatever that I would take the comments like a girl.

Tracii G
05-12-2009, 12:39 AM
The girls in the main office treat me like one of them which is pretty cool.
All the gossip that kind of thing.
I think they have a clue but none ever asked.