PDA

View Full Version : I told my partner!

kelly
07-01-2005, 05:50 PM
Hi Girls,

I have been divorced for 5 years.
Last year I met the Women of my dreams and 3 months ago I proposed and she said Yes!
I did tell my ex about my crossdressing, she did not like it and we eventually seperated ( not due to crossdressing ).
I wanted to tell my new partner but I was so scared of losing Iher I held off until last week.
I felt so strongly that it was the fair thing to do so that she could have the choice of whether to marry me or not.
I, chose the right time (if there is a right time) and with my heart leaping out of my chest slowly told her.
Initially it was the reaction I expected, angry, confused, hurt,
All the familiar questions that I have read about;
Are you gay?
Do you want to be a women?
Is it me?
We sat up all night acompanied by a bottle of gin and talked.
My partner said that she does not want to lose me and still wants to marry me.
I had printed some information off and ordered a copy of 'My wife Betty' in the hope that we got to this stage. She read through it and asked more questions.
The next day was a little quiet and since then we have talked a little each day until, after a week it seems we are closer than ever. I can't believe how lucky I am and what a wonderful women I have found.
I have no illusions about there being lots more twists and turns in this story but it's a start and hopefully we will travel that road together.
I hope that this story gives strenght to other girls out there,
Love Kelly XXX

Sharon
07-01-2005, 06:12 PM
Well done, Kelly!
It's a difficult subject to disclose to your SO, but it's much better telling her as you just have, then to not tell her at all, or, worse, have her discover it on her own.

Julie
07-01-2005, 06:46 PM
Just keep the lines of communication open and try your best not to apologize for something you had no choice in deciding. The more accepting you are of yourself, the more easily others will accept you.

spaskinstyle
07-01-2005, 07:34 PM
Very nice Kelly, what a lovely story.

Theresa

Wendy me
07-01-2005, 07:37 PM
good for you if i had realy had a grip on this cding back before i got marryed i would have been in a lot better shape now ...good for you ......a good start ........

polly1949er
07-01-2005, 08:41 PM
Good for you Kelly :thumbsup:

polly :)

emmicd
07-01-2005, 08:50 PM
Well it is always good when you confront something that has been very difficult to deal with or accept. You took an important step and you also shared it with the one person you have established a loving relationship with. Relationships have a strong foundation when trust and honesty are the order of the day. It is great that she can be supportive and understanding. Good for you both!

Best of Luck!

Emmi