PDA

View Full Version : Voices in our heads!

Tiffany6791
05-02-2009, 11:33 PM
Okay, I'm not talking about the ones that tell you to do evil things or the anything like that. I was wondering how many of us read in a female voice? Confused? What I'm trying to say is, when your reading yours or someone elses thread on the forum, Do you read as if it was a female writing it or a male? Or is this a stupid queston? When I read them, not only is it in a female like voice but the other person writting it in a female voice too. I'm not only talking about reading outloud but to yourself as well.
Well, I hope everyone understands because I think I worded it wrong but hopfully not.

Tiffany

http://ww12.aitsafe.com/go.htm?go=www.earthlysensations.info&afid=10816&tm=365&im=3:D

Miranda09
05-02-2009, 11:39 PM
I understand what you're saying Tiffany. I don't think I read in a female voice when I read these posts, but I certainly think and react with a female persona.

AllieSF
05-03-2009, 12:15 AM
I am not sure if I understand what you mean. However, when I read a post here I think that it is written by a woman until the s**t hits the fan and a serious discussion/debate/argument starts. Otherwise it is a "she" that did the writing. Does that make sense?

<3 Keri Lynn <3
05-03-2009, 12:22 AM
Hmm I never thought of that but I do hear female voices I guess, I try to put voices to words in my head like any person and I go off the persons Avatar photo and the last time I read a book which sadly was awhile ago when I had the time, anyway, If it wasn't a quote from a character I would narrate in my head in female, Its just more soothing to hear if you know what I mean. So yes I hear voices in my head and its Keri screaming at me lol

*Hugs*Kisses*

Shikyo
05-03-2009, 03:36 AM
I don't really read with a voice inside my head, so the answer's no. On those rare occasions I actually read with a voice in my head it is more of a feminine voice than a masculine voice.

Lisa Golightly
05-03-2009, 03:40 AM
The music is way too loud to hear a voice... Personality-wise everything processed may often induce an Awwwwwwwwww response. :)

Sara Jessica
05-03-2009, 05:40 AM
It seems you are proposing two things, how we see ourselves in participation here and how we perceive others.

As for myself, any time I'm visiting this site I don't even have to think about it. I'm the woman I was meant to be with a rather unique set of circumstances to cope with. And this is regardless of how I'm presenting at that very moment, I'm just being me.

Regarding others, I hear many, if not most in a female voice. This has little to do with how well they present in pictures. In fact, many whom I hear as women may have never posted a picture at all. This is because a huge part of femininity is how we communicate. The ability to listen is of course a big part of it but also the ability to convey one's feelings without coming across as hyper-masculine. This is where our wiring really comes into play.

Sabrina Flowers
05-03-2009, 07:17 AM
I don't know if I read threads as a "female", but I do try and answer in a feminine manor if I can.

Gabrielle Hermosa
05-03-2009, 10:47 AM
When I'm reading, my mind kind of makes up a generic voice of the person who wrote whatever it is I'm reading. In the forums here, it's a blend of male and female voices. I think that I either consciously or sub-consciously associate some cd's with more of a feminine persona and some with a male and that is how the voice in my mind plays it. It's not limited to this forum though, reading anything anywhere, I get different mental voices depending on what I'm reading. I can't say they're heavily varied, but there are definite male and female voices that play out. There are times when I'm reading something I know to be written by a woman (gg) and the voice in my mind reads it in a male voice. I guess it just does what it does. Perhaps that male voice is that of my own thought process rather than a reflection of the author who's writing I'm reading.

My own thought process tends to play out in a male voice, except for when I'm in tune with my feminine side (usually when dressed). Then there is a blend of female and male voices playing as I sort out my thoughts. Sometimes I can almost hear Gabrielle's true voice in my head even if I can't make her voice so well with my own vocal chords.

What an interesting question. Got me all analyzing myself now. lol

StevieTV
05-03-2009, 11:23 AM
I really haven't thought about it until now. I believe when I write or read it's totally androgenous. I really don't know how a GG thinks so I can't say I do such.

TxKimberly
05-03-2009, 11:23 AM
The music is way too loud to hear a voice...

I LIKE that answer!