PDA

View Full Version : Shapeshifting!

windycissy
05-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Many of us are on different journeys or stages of our crossdressing, and although I envy the girls who get to live as women 24/7, alas my life doesn't allow that. When I'm on the road I alway try to carve out as much time as I can to be Cissy. Sometimes I'll change back and forth between male and female a couple of time a day, like breakfast as a woman, business meetings as a guy and then back into girl mode for dinner with a friend. Manic, but exciting! Somebody called me a shapeshifter the other day, and I guess that's a pretty good description, anybody else out there living two lives?

Teri Jean
05-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Alas there is someone else like me. I will do this a couple times during the day/evening. After the day is done or right after work I will be dressed with makeup and wig for the evening through to morning and then into guy mode for the work day. Then on weekends I can change thre or four times as situations arise. Confusing but fun.

Keli

Miranda09
05-03-2009, 12:12 PM
You're not alone Cissy. Bu day, I'm a mild mannered professional. By nighttime and during weekends alone....ta da!!!!!! Well you know the rest :D

vivianann
05-03-2009, 01:13 PM
Wouldnt that be cool if we could shapeshift for the moment at will, or have a remote control that has one buttons that reads Boymode and the other button that reads Girlmode. Mine would be stuck in girlmode.:D

Jacquilynne
05-03-2009, 01:31 PM
Wow, I too must be a shapeshifter then . . .I live like this everyday. . . although it seems I'm closer to being dressed semi-femme a great deal of the time. Most of the time, my guy mode is comprised of only 1 or 2 guy clothing items paired with a sheer coating of foundation. And I can and have been sir'd and mam'ed all in the same day! :eek:

LOL it is indeed fun!

JenniferR771
05-03-2009, 01:42 PM
Oh sure! Why do i carry my wig, earrings, knee highs and makeup behind the seat of my pickup? No logical reason--but sometimes i need to go shopping--and it may be near one of the shops where the SA's know me.

TJ Tresa
05-03-2009, 02:35 PM
I guess that I too am a shapeshifter. I change back and forth several times a day.
I watched an episode of "Charmed" awhile back and they had a shapeshifter on who could take the shape of whom ever he/she/it wanted. I remember thinging dang if that wouldn't be nice, I wouldn't have to tuck, or wear breast forms. I could wear almost any outfit I wanted and if fit perfectly- Oh would be nice.

sfwarbonnet
05-03-2009, 02:40 PM
Thought this thread was about Star Trek DS9...
Odo

windycissy
05-03-2009, 03:37 PM
Thought this thread was about Star Trek DS9...
Odo

I've always thought that what we do is stranger than fiction, although true female impersonation is an art, not a science...

gretchen2
05-03-2009, 03:48 PM
I’m the same way as most of you, changing several times a day. I have been thinking about going to work as Gretchen. I am self-employed and most of my jobs are on summer homes in the mountains. Usually out in the woods where no one is. The only problem is sacrificing one full out fit wig included.

Faith_G
05-03-2009, 07:08 PM
I guess I do it every day. Work in drab, at home in a dress. :)

Dressing Jill
05-03-2009, 07:38 PM
I dress from male to female to male several times a day also.....

My laundry keeps me busy.LOL.....

Hugs

Jill

There is always room for more friends in ones heart

sfwarbonnet
05-04-2009, 02:02 PM
Several of you have indicated that you change your apparent sex multiple times a day. I can understand this if the change is only outerwear and jewelry, but I didn’t think make-up and nail polish were conducive to a quick change. Any suggestions as to how to do this fast, like after your wife calls to say she’s on the way home…

p.s. My wife wants a "man" at home, not another woman. She doesn't understand why I want to lmpersonate a female and doesn't want to go out with me en femme. (I'm working on that!)

Jacquilynne
05-04-2009, 02:16 PM
Well, stick-on nails (Kiss brand) would come off fairly quickly. . . and and maybe having make-up removing wipes on hand would help ;) Interestingly, I don't have my nails painted too often :( and I wear only sheer make-up basically foundation, powder (lightly applied), and lip gloss . . . maybe a hint of blush, eyeshadow, and mascara but very basic. . .nothing that takes too long to apply . .but thats just me :)

StaceyJane
05-04-2009, 02:19 PM
Sometime I really do feel like I have a double life.

Sigrid Cutie
05-04-2009, 02:59 PM
your story is pretty much my life, as well, i guess in a perfect world i would love to actually be able to change into a woman and back, but we do what we can right?

Persephone
05-04-2009, 04:00 PM
Several of you have indicated that you change your apparent sex multiple times a day. I can understand this if the change is only outerwear and jewelry, but I didn’t think make-up and nail polish were conducive to a quick change. Any suggestions as to how to do this fast, like after your wife calls to say she’s on the way home…

Sorry, no easy solutions to those! At least in my experience.

I am definitely a shapeshifter!

In my case, I have permanent long hair, professionally shaped eyebrows, and manicured long acrylic nails that are always there, even when I come out of the phone booth in my "Superman" costume.

As a result, except when I'm wearing a suit and tie, the best I can do en drab is about 50% "Sir" and 50% "M'am."

My en drab friends pretty much choose to ignore my eccentric appearance and are willing to drink beer and hang with me anyway, although they do say that other people sometimes ask questions about my nails.

There's sometimes a "downside" though. As the Wikipedia article on Shapeshifting (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shapeshifting) states, "The most important aspect of shape-shifting . . . is whether the transformation is voluntary."

Sometimes you get called "Ma'm" in front of your son's best friend!

Sorry that doesn't help you much.

CLARRISA
05-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Me too, shapeshifting all the time, wish i could shift a few pounds too :)

Jilmac
05-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Shapeshifting huh? I like that expression. I guess I could say that I do it but not in the same manner as you, cissy. I have a SO who has seen pictures of Jill and is very supportive, but has no desire to ever meet Jill in person. I live alone which means I can dress any time I want, but when my SO calls to tell me she's coming over, I go back into male mode. :2c:

linnea
05-04-2009, 06:41 PM
Many of us are on different journeys or stages of our crossdressing, and although I envy the girls who get to live as women 24/7, alas my life doesn't allow that. When I'm on the road I alway try to carve out as much time as I can to be Cissy. Sometimes I'll change back and forth between male and female a couple of time a day, like breakfast as a woman, business meetings as a guy and then back into girl mode for dinner with a friend. Manic, but exciting! Somebody called me a shapeshifter the other day, and I guess that's a pretty good description, anybody else out there living two lives?

Oh, yes, this describes my situation very well. I under-dress almost every day, but it is on travel occasions--often business--that I "shape-shift" quite often. Once in awhile I get several days when I can continue 24/7 as Linnea but not often enough.

windycissy
05-04-2009, 08:24 PM

p.s. My wife wants a "man" at home, not another woman. She doesn't understand why I want to lmpersonate a female and doesn't want to go out with me en femme. (I'm working on that!)

Advanced shapeshifting tip: your nails are a dilemma! I keep mine long but not too long, and I use one coat of quick-dry polish in coral or peach which looks very feminine, but if I decide to go out for a quick jog or swim en drabbe they don't cry out "drag queen" ...for removing nail polish, you can't beat those pads that you use once and toss, sometimes I'll go through a whole pack in a week as I shift back and forth between sexes...

silkandsatincd
05-04-2009, 10:24 PM
Hi Cissy,

It's funny you should mention this, I have been thinking about my own personal reality shift lately, which includes trying to be more open with my wife about my desire to CD. She has known for over a year and has not warmed up to the idea, but seems to have accepted it on some basic level, but still doesn't want to talk openly about it. Needless to say, I have been getting lots of practice at ShapeShifting or RealityShifting as I like to call it. I like to do yoga and light stretching to help me relax, while listening to techno, trance, dance and progressive music. It helps me get my sexy on! What are some of the things you do to make your Shape Shift in addition to changing clothes?

Paula Wilder
05-04-2009, 10:57 PM
I wish I could change quickly! It takes me over an hour to convert the lumberjack into anything close to being able to go out as Paula. Instead, usually, I've been staying in Paula mode once I've "converted", for a whole week if possible. I do change female outfits and makeup on trips as Paula, sometimes three times a day depending on what I'm doing. Shapeshifting would be a dream come true!!

sissystephanie
05-04-2009, 11:10 PM
My shapeshifting is more about moving the weigtht from one place to another. Oh, you were talking about something else entirely!!

If I am staying home all day, I am totally Stephanie. But usually I go to the Y in the morning with my daughter. She knows that I CD, but doesn't want to see me dressed. So I wear panties, and some female workout clothes that aren't too feminine, if there is such a thing! Then when I get back home it is on with the bra, skirt, and whatever else I need to complete the Stephanie package! If I go out to eat in the evening by myself, it is always as Stephanie. But, as is my custom now, no wig and only lipstick. Just a guy in a skirt! I patronize a lot of different resataurants, and always get very good service. Sometimes I even get compliments on my feminine outfit!!:love: Yes, I do get looks from other patrons, but who cares? Not this girl!!

windycissy
05-05-2009, 07:53 AM
Hi Cissy,

It's funny you should mention this, I have been thinking about my own personal reality shift lately, which includes trying to be more open with my wife about my desire to CD. She has known for over a year and has not warmed up to the idea, but seems to have accepted it on some basic level, but still doesn't want to talk openly about it. Needless to say, I have been getting lots of practice at ShapeShifting or RealityShifting as I like to call it. I like to do yoga and light stretching to help me relax, while listening to techno, trance, dance and progressive music. It helps me get my sexy on! What are some of the things you do to make your Shape Shift in addition to changing clothes?

Besides changing clothes, being able to put on makeup quickly and a carefree wig that doen't require a lot of styling are musts...of course, your whole persona has to change too, like the way you walk and talk. After I've been Cissy for 3 or 4 days straight it's getting harder and harder to shift back!

gender_blender
05-05-2009, 08:34 AM
Nope. I live my life androgynously feminine, wearing whatever I want whenever I want, within reason and relative to my youthful age. No multiple personalities or extreme gender swings for me.

Charlie

sfwarbonnet
05-08-2009, 11:03 AM

Advanced shapeshifting tip: your nails are a dilemma! I keep mine long but not too long, and I use one coat of quick-dry polish in coral or peach which looks very feminine, but if I decide to go out for a quick jog or swim en drabbe they don't cry out "drag queen" ...for removing nail polish, you can't beat those pads that you use once and toss, sometimes I'll go through a whole pack in a week as I shift back and forth between sexes...

It looks like the key to quick Shapeshifting is to underdress as much as possible , and change as little as possible in going back and forth between“girl” and “boy” modes, Undergressing that works for me are udentified in the Suitable Clothing thread. As for hair – women’s short styles appear to be suitable for a guy too and moderately long fingernails with clear nail polish seems OK in “boy” mode. Breasts grown to size B could be hidden in “boy” mode, and a bra slip would be better than a bra with a back closeue. Thus only outerwear would need to be changed. Appying makeup would not be as time sensitive as removing it. Perhaps light makeup could be worn in “boy” mode; or better yet don’t wear makeup if you are an OK “girl” without it.

suchacutie
05-08-2009, 11:23 AM
I'm one of those shapeshifters that has taken a long time to "shift" so I've wanted to stay in one mode for longer times, but this got me thinking:

A light coat of quick-drying matte finish and a light coat of shiny clear polish could get my nails back and forth in 4 minutes
Hair is certainly not hard to put on and take off (those of us with less hair have to deal with this!).
Underdressing completely minus breast forms could be covered easily with a three-piece suit so that when going en-femme off come the socks and suit and shirt, add forms and dress and shoes...voila!
For makeup, a little primer (not foundation) with a little blush and powder, mascara, eye liner, and lip gloss and it's done in less than 10 min.
That would make the total transformation 20 min, and that's no more time than dressing....oops, let's not forget the 10 min to shave:)

So a 30 min change back and forth. Ok, not superman in a phone booth, but not bad!

tina

windycissy
05-08-2009, 01:12 PM
Some excellent ideas, girls! I myself don't go in for underdressing, after all how long does it take to step out of your skivvies and step into a bra and panties, except when I lived in Chicago sometimes in the dead of winter I wore opaque tights instead of over-the-calf sox under my suits, for the warmth of course :heehee:

sfwarbonnet
05-08-2009, 02:06 PM
What about earrings? Can you still get clip style, or do you now have to have pierced ears and wear studs in “boy” mode and dangly ones in “girl” mode? As for pantyhose, black sheer ones are OK in “boy” mode all year but black opaque tights are better. I wear suntan pantyhose with both women’s pull-on pants and shorts in “boy” mode in summer, but change to a dress for “girl” mode. (Even in summer pantyhose are not too hot but I don’t wear them in “boy” mode in winter as I think that wearing socks over nylons is uncomfortable.) I also wear a short slip in drab as they are easier to tuck in that men’s undershirts so the slip is there for “girl” mode. A bra slip would obviate needing to wear a bra, and filling it naturally would avoid needing either commercial or homemade breast forms

windycissy
05-08-2009, 11:51 PM
What about earrings? Can you still get clip style, or do you now have to have pierced ears and wear studs in “boy” mode and dangly ones in “girl” mode? As for pantyhose, black sheer ones are OK in “boy” mode all year but black opaque tights are better. I wear suntan pantyhose with both women’s pull-on pants and shorts in “boy” mode in summer, but change to a dress for “girl” mode. (Even in summer pantyhose are not too hot but I don’t wear them in “boy” mode in winter as I think that wearing socks over nylons is uncomfortable.) I also wear a short slip in drab as they are easier to tuck in that men’s undershirts so the slip is there for “girl” mode. A bra slip would obviate needing to wear a bra, and filling it naturally would avoid needing either commercial or homemade breast forms

You can still get clip earrings at Claire's, or they sell adaptors at Michaels...slips are kinda out these days, most skirts are lined, however if you have to wear one I suggest a camisole and half slip, so you won't have to tuck a slip into your pants.

sfwarbonnet
05-09-2009, 09:07 AM
You can still get clip earrings at Claire's, or they sell adaptors at Michaels...slips are kinda out these days, most skirts are lined, however if you have to wear one I suggest a camisole and half slip, so you won't have to tuck a slip into your pants.

One role of a short full slip is to avoid exposed skin and hide the tops of panties and pantyhose. The "tail" can't pull out because you are essentially sitting on it. Camisoles are too short. An alternative to a short full slip would be a slip with a crotch closure. I think these were popular with "Rosie the riveteer" in WWII, and I believe they are often called camiknickers, particulary across the pond. (As you noted Cissy, slips are getting harder to find as the opacity function is usually not needed.)

sfwarbonnet
05-10-2009, 03:11 PM

FYI,I found this on a Star Trek website:

Shapeshifter is a generic and overly generalized term applied to species which are capable of altering their physical form. The degree of physical transformation varies between different species. Some, such as the Chameloids and the Allasomorphs of Daled IV, are only able to change between humanoid forms. Others, such as the Changelings from the Gamma Quadrant, are capable of mimicking virtually any phase of matter, including fog and fire, down to the molecular level. Odo is an example of this type of Changeling.

I also read the Wikipedia article. I didn’t realize that shape-shifting was so common in mythology and fiction. Although the transformation that crossdressers often undergo is very real, the term shapeshifting does seem to apply, especially as there are instances of men becoming women and later changing back.

windycissy
05-10-2009, 04:39 PM
I'm not into witchcraft or the occult, but there is a lot of fascination about shapeshifting between the genders, and crossdressing allows me to do in real life what others only dream about:

"Sex is biological. Gender is mutable. When masculine and feminine are joined within, the highest states of consciousness can be reached. We all have the power to do this. Being able to move between the two worlds yields sublime states."

sfwarbonnet
05-11-2009, 10:49 AM
I'm not into witchcraft or the occult, but there is a lot of fascination about shapeshifting between the genders, and crossdressing allows me to do in real life what others only dream about:

I’m not into witchcraft, or the occult either. Shapeshifting in fantasy continues to be popular though, and it’s easy to do with a pen, brush, or computer (the most recent example of shape shifting in fantasy is probably Leona in the original Shrek). Shape shifting between genders in the real world is more difficult and less accepted. However, I think men should be as comfortable wearing women’s clothes as women are in wearing men’s clothing. I crossdress frequently and am comfortable wearing women's clothing. Through experience I have found the specifics that I posted in the Suitable Clothing thread.

But I am into shapeshifting. The farther I go toward being enfemme. the farther i want to go. My wife wishes that I would quit wearing women's clothes, but i won't. I ordered a couple bra slips yesterday. ln wearing them I will be wearing a bra full time both when underdressing and in "girl mode" at home. My goal is to accompany my wife in public when I'm en femme. Shapeshifting may provide the "excuse" I need to get a transformation and be en femme with my wife for several days at the Las Vegas Star Trek convention.