PDA

View Full Version : see if this is true...

stephaniedoes
05-03-2009, 05:33 PM
i watched a show on xdressers that was very interesting.. they tried showing men how to tell if a ladie they are interested in is a man or woman. 1 way was to find out on the hands the pointer finger is shorter then the ring finger, if you are a male.... a womans ring finger is shorter then the pointer. lets see... shall we? they said most go for the adoms apple and most things we all know about like buldges and voices but who ever looks at the fingers? i didnt until this episode.. is it true? my pointer is shorter then my ring, is yours? or your wives? hmmmm.:tongueout

Miranda09
05-03-2009, 05:37 PM
Hmmm...never heard of that one before, but my pointer is about the same length as my ring finger.

SherriePall
05-03-2009, 05:43 PM
My ring finger is shorter on my left hand and longer on my right. Now, I am really confused! Or does that just prove the point that I have a very definite female side?
Or do I have a definite male side?

Persephone
05-03-2009, 05:54 PM
My ring finger is shorter on my left hand and longer on my right. Now, I am really confused! Or does that just prove the point that I have a very definite female side?

Same here! Pointer definitely appears longer on left, ring finger definitely appears longer on right.

And, of course, the left side of the body is controlled by the right side of the brain, so it is when we are feminine that we are in our right mnd.

Juliet Simone
05-03-2009, 05:59 PM
Hi Girls, my ring finger is longer on both. I must have a mans body, darn.
Juliet

Ellen James
05-03-2009, 06:02 PM
Hmmm...never heard of that one before, but my pointer is about the same length as my ring finger.

Same here - on both hands. My Adam's apple is there though not as prominent as I have seen on many men.

StevieTV
05-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Same here! Pointer definitely appears longer on left, ring finger definitely appears longer on right.

And, of course, the left side of the body is controlled by the right side of the brain, so it is when we are feminine that we are in our right mnd.

Mine too. I'm right handed so maybe that's it. I have to stop poking people I guess:)

Babette
05-03-2009, 06:47 PM
I have heard this about finger length before and have a hard time with excepting this theory. Both my index fingers are longer than my ring fingers. For what it is worth, I don't have the slightest hint of an Adam's apple either. I was born 100% male too.

Babette

Nicki B
05-03-2009, 07:03 PM
I have heard this about finger length before and have a hard time with excepting this theory. Both my index fingers are longer than my ring fingers. For what it is worth, I don't have the slightest hint of an Adam's apple either. I was born 100% male too.

Babette

Ring finger development is a well established marker of testosterone levels during adolescence - it's regularly used to spot potential top class sprinters (since the growth spurt in the teens develops the necessary musculature and bones).

It's common for the ratio to differ between your hands, as well.

IME many MTFs have ring and forefingers of relatively similar length - but if you look at women's gloves, they're all designed for hands where the ring finger is shorter.. :)

Babette
05-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Ring finger development is a well established marker of testosterone levels during adolescence - it's regularly used to spot potential top class sprinters (since the growth spurt in the teens develops the necessary musculature and bones).

Thanks Nicki, maybe this explains why I never came close to being a top class sprinter. Somebody always had to finish last in a race.:battingeyelashes:

Babette

Alice Green
05-03-2009, 07:16 PM

I looked at mine and i'm the same way i didn't even notice untill I read your post.

Dressing Jill
05-03-2009, 07:28 PM
My pointer finger is longer on my right hand and shorter on my left hand. Does that mean I am both?

I have no adams apple that can be seen.

Hugs

Jill

There is always room for more friends in ones heart

stephaniedoes
05-03-2009, 07:54 PM
well thanks gurls, im gonna throw it out there and say another myth busted:devil:

Rachel Morley
05-03-2009, 08:09 PM
I can make mine appear to be longer or shorter depending on whether I look at my hands from the top or the bottom and whether I stretch open my hands as wide as they go or open them wide but keep them positioned in a relaxed way. However, if I measure them accurately with a ruler they measure exactly the same! :)

rlars1
05-03-2009, 08:11 PM
I am a GG so this is kind of interesting. I looked at my hands and on my left hand my pointer finger is shorter than my ring finger and on my right hand my pointer finger is longer than my ring finger. So what does that make me? Hmmm. I think it is a myth.

JOJO44
05-03-2009, 09:04 PM

Babette

Better check again, after all Santa checks twice! :battingeyelashes:
:hugs:
Jo

Petrina CD
05-03-2009, 09:19 PM
My pointer fingers are shorter, especialy the one I smashed with a hammer back when I was a carpenter.

Kittykitty
05-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Ok, too weird.
On my hands, my ring finger is a good half an inch longer.

On my wife's hands, her pointer is slightly longer.

To add a twist, she is/was a semi-butch identifying lesbian. Don't take the butch out of context, she looks 100% woman, but wears no make-up, is into women, and is the first up the ladder to clean the gutters, or mow the lawn.
Ever see Amy Winn on trading spaces? Could be her red-headed twin!

Tracii G
05-03-2009, 09:29 PM
Yep I must be a guy my pointers are longer than my rings.I need to get out the dremel tool and fix that:D

beenherelongtime
05-03-2009, 09:59 PM
my pointers are both shorter

linnea
05-03-2009, 10:08 PM
my pointer finger is shorter than my ring finger, on both hands

dilane
05-03-2009, 10:16 PM
My pointer fingers are both clearly longer than my ring fingers.
I have no visible Adam's apple.

I've done some reading on this, and even did an informal survey at a family party. I was the only male with longer pointer fingers, although none of the men in our family have visible Adam's apples.

At the famous and now closed Queen Mary club, I did an informal survey and about half of the T-girls there had female type finger ratios. But most of the Transsexuals had the female finger ratio.

Btw, not all women have longer pointers, it's just a predominance, in the way most men are taller than most women. Women typically have the two fingers about equal length. My mother and I both have noticably longer pointer fingers.

-- Diane

Jan Michell Collins
05-03-2009, 10:26 PM
Yep Pointer is shorter on both hands. Is that a bad thing???

Intertwined
05-03-2009, 11:21 PM
is it true? my pointer is shorter then my ring, is yours? or your wives? hmmmm.:tongueout

On an OVER ALL average, yes its true, there are always exceptions to the rule.

"In women, the two fingers are usually almost equal in length, as measured from the crease nearest the palm to the fingertip. In men, the ring finger tends to be much longer than the index. "

This was one of the things that keyed my doctor in on my Klinefelter's syndrome (XXY), my index fingers are both longer than my ring finger, and my pinkie fingers curve in to my ring finger, both are possible symptoms.

MORE Symptoms of XXY (most of which I have, when my wife read this list, she said "where is the line that says 'See Marsha' thats me)

Height taller than average
Tend to be taller than fathers and brothers.
Gynecomastia
Abnormal body proportions (long legs, short trunk)
To some degree, eunochoidal stature (arm span is usually 2 inches longer than height)
Incomplete masculinization; feminine, or pear shaped body and body hair distribution
Reduced facial hair - reduction in need to shave / reduced body hair
Life-long soft skin
Younger looking and acting than actual age
Small testes or hypogonadism
Smaller than average erect penis (avg. is approx. 16cm)
Minor bony abnormalities eg in hands and elbows
Change in body shape - increased fat and breast development
Rounded shoulders and rounded hips
Obesity
Simian crease (single crease in the palm)
Infertility
Decreased libido
Erectile dysfunction
Impotence
Sexual / gender confusion
Decreased serum testosterone levels
Decreased bone mineral density in adults.
Increased serum luteinizing hormone
Increased serum follicle stimulating hormone
Cholesterol problems
Reduced muscle power and stamina
Taurodontism with teeth having a thinning of the surface and enlargement of the pulp
Myocardial Infarction after the age of 30 is common
Loss of sense of smell
Cardio-vascular problems
Osteoporosis - brittle bones resulting in fractures
Arteriosclorosi (hardening of the arteries)
Autoimmune disorders such as lupus and Darier's syndrome
Adult onset diabetes mellitus
Venous disease
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
Anxiety and neuroses
Tendency toward depression
Learning, emotional, and mental disorders
Lower degree of self esteem
Difficulty in concentrating
Attention Deficit disorder
Restless sleep pattern
Sleep apnea
Difficult to awaken in the mornings
Behavioral problems, including aggression and non-participation in social activities
Motor skill issues
Dyslexia (physical)
Learning disabilities especially language difficulties
Preference for quiet games
Introversion
Frequently shy
Frustration-based outbursts
Inner anger, requiring anger management
Hand tremors
The inability to maintain long term friends

windycissy
05-03-2009, 11:27 PM
Arrrrgh: my ring fingers are longer, I have manhands! If not for my skinny arms and shoulders, cute legs, girlish waist, big blue eyes and long lashes, I could never pass for a woman....

KimberlyJo
05-04-2009, 02:19 AM
my pointer fingers are both shorter. I also have a very pronounced adam's apple. Oh and really big feet, that's kind of a guy thing too right?

Joanne f
05-04-2009, 03:32 AM
Have you noticed that the lengths will change form looking at palm down to palm up .:D

Ballerina
05-04-2009, 03:44 AM
My pointers are considerably longer than my ring fingers on both hands. Hmm.. I do have a highly sticky outtie adam's apple, though.

Nicki B
05-04-2009, 05:41 AM
I am a GG so this is kind of interesting. I looked at my hands and on my left hand my pointer finger is shorter than my ring finger and on my right hand my pointer finger is longer than my ring finger. So what does that make me? Hmmm. I think it is a myth.

my pointer fingers are both shorter. I also have a very pronounced adam's apple. Oh and really big feet, that's kind of a guy thing too right?

It's simply linked to the amount of testosterone washing around in your body in your teens (and yes, genetic girls have testosterone too)..

Lisa Golightly
05-04-2009, 05:50 AM
pointer as you call them are both longer than ring fingers.

Shikyo
05-04-2009, 09:17 AM
Ring finger shorters on me.

Male usually have a longer ring finger, because of testosterone. The length of the ring finger compared to the pointer finger tells about that persons testosterone levels. Also male with longer ring fingers are supposed to more attractive towards women. That's what I read in a magazine few months ago anyway.

Carly D.
05-04-2009, 09:25 AM
They are almost equal.. but my fingers are short, my hands are small, sort of girly looking but not girly looking at all on close inspection.. I don't wear any rings and unless I'm really feeling the mood I don't wear nail polish.. so the fingers might look fem but the hair on the first part of the finger would be a tell that I am a cross dresser...

Intertwined
05-04-2009, 10:50 AM
There is also a study that states:

Finger Length Predicts Aggression in Men

here is the link:

Finger Length Predicts Aggression in Men (http://www.livescience.com/health/050203_finger_length.html)

JulieC
05-04-2009, 11:43 AM
My pointer fingers are shorter, especialy the one I smashed with a hammer back when I was a carpenter.

Does that count as a sex change operation? :bonk: :lol:

dutch-anita
05-04-2009, 11:48 AM
on the left hand they are the same on the right side the pointer is 3mm shorter but.... no Adam's apple :D so that make's me 50/50 and THAT's how I feel to

JaymeCD
05-04-2009, 03:21 PM
I saw the same thing on the show Manswers on Spike TV. Both of my pointing/index fingers are shorter than my ring finger. After watching that show, I've been trying to observe womans fingers and just about all of them have longer ring fingers. I'm sure like everyone else mentioned that this is true on some genetic girls.

phballet
05-04-2009, 07:23 PM
hey! i saw this on MANSWERS....apparantly it works for me and my SO. however for a specific friend and his wife it didn't work....hmmm anyone else had this experience??

Jonianne
05-04-2009, 08:13 PM
My thumb is longer on both my hands, what does that mean?

JOJO44
05-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Have you noticed that the lengths will change form looking at palm down to palm up .:D

I love it when someone thinks out of the box!
Mine 'seem' to change length also, I know they don't but unless my eyes deceive me, (and I do wear bi-focals):D
Love
Jo

Ralph
05-05-2009, 11:38 PM
MORE Symptoms of XXY (most of which I have, when my wife read this list, she said "where is the line that says 'See Marsha' thats me)
Some of those are so broad and generic they apply to half the population! I think I managed about six on the list.

Funny thing about infertility... I have had chronic epididymitis since I was a teenager* and when I saw a doctor about it, he said that a common symptom is infertility. My wife and I had a good laugh at that since we had two children at the time.

There is also a study that states: Finger Length Predicts Aggression in Men
Did you see the last line in that article? "Hurd plans to measure the digits of hockey players next." Karren, you need to sign up for that study and throw all his research off. "Wait... your finger length and fondness for hockey indicates a high aggression tendency, yet you wear makeup and women's clothes. That can't be right!"

ralph

* right testicle swells up and gets extremely painful, always sensitive to pressure... aren't you glad you asked?

Persephone
05-06-2009, 01:35 AM

I love it when someone thinks out of the box!
Mine 'seem' to change length also, I know they don't but unless my eyes deceive me, (and I do wear bi-focals):D
Love
Jo

Are y'all sure you aren't being deceived by your fingernails? When I turn palm up or palm down my fingers on my left hand (not including fingernails) still show my pointer finger as a good bit longer than my ring finger.

CD Susan
05-06-2009, 01:43 AM
Both of my index fingers are the same length as my ring fingers on both hands. Also I have no visible Adams apple.

Jessica Who
05-06-2009, 01:55 AM
My index and ring fingers are the same length on each hand, I must admit that I've never even noticed before.

Starling
05-06-2009, 02:12 AM
Looking at the back of my hands it appears that my ring fingers are somewhat longer than my index fingers. But if I measure from the first crease on the palm side, they are roughly equal in length, because my index fingers begin closer to my wrist.

My adam's apple is safely buried in chinnage. Unfortunately, as far as penile length is concerned, I have no way of knowing if I have an average ruler.

:heehee: Lallie

Monique_cd75
06-29-2009, 08:25 PM
Wow now this is interesting. On both hands my ring finger and index finger are exactly the same. I never even noticed before!

Jacqui
06-29-2009, 08:55 PM
Whenever I go out enfemme, I always make sure to wear my pointer finger extensions. This has always helped me from being read by men who use the ring finger-pointer finger technique.

Actually, I've never gone out enfemme....but if I did, I would wear my pointer finger extensions :rolleyes:

Jacqui

Miranda-E
06-29-2009, 10:06 PM
i watched a show on xdressers that was very interesting.. they tried showing men how to tell if a ladie they are interested in is a man or woman. 1 way was to find out on the hands the pointer finger is shorter then the ring finger, if you are a male.... a womans ring finger is shorter then the pointer. lets see... shall we? they said most go for the adoms apple and most things we all know about like buldges and voices but who ever looks at the fingers? i didnt until this episode.. is it true? my pointer is shorter then my ring, is yours? or your wives? hmmmm.:tongueout

This finger length idea is a very popular myth

TSchapes
06-29-2009, 10:33 PM
and I have no Adam's apple, now what?

But since I am balding and 6'4" there are other markers to ferret me out! :brolleyes:

-Tracy

Mona
06-29-2009, 10:52 PM
Pointer is longer, do girls point more??

suvanicd
06-29-2009, 10:57 PM
mine pointer finger is shorter than ring finger:tongueout

Hope
06-30-2009, 03:00 AM
Ok, this is creeping me out.

If I look at my hand palm up, the pointer is longer, if I look at it back up, the pointer is shorter. Clearly my muscles are pulling and tugging on stuff - but how weird is that?

stephaniedoes
07-18-2009, 02:08 PM
well i just wanna thank you all for your comments to this very strange myth, however im sure it is most diff with some people judging testosterone and all the great things that come with having a longer ring finger.. my favorite was the finger extension, that was good, learned something new today.. thanks girls:D

GaleWarning
07-18-2009, 03:36 PM
Mine are roughyl the same length on both hands and I am androgynous (COGIATI).
It figures.

Carole Cross
07-18-2009, 04:22 PM
Fingers on both hands are exactly the same length, which is common with most females. My adams apple is not visible. I am an MtF transsexual.

NathalieX66
07-18-2009, 06:13 PM
From what I read, I was told that the legnth of ring finger-to-pointer finger was only related to gay men vs. straight men.
My ring fingers on both hands are longer than my pointer fingers, whether I look at my hands front, or back. sigh......I swear I could have born gay, or should have.....I just think of all the fun I'm missing out on.

sarahNZ
07-19-2009, 01:44 AM
I think this might be a myth based on the theory that a woman is always wagging her finger at her man/kids so it would only be right that it was a bit more developed :lol:

Aubrey Green
07-19-2009, 02:14 AM
My right is correct to the myth, my left hand, they are the same length. How come every time Maury does a show called " Who is the female" the hottest chicks are the TS/TG's. They seem to outshine the GG's. I guess I'll have to start checking out their hands, instead of their bods!
:daydreaming:

Jacquie
07-19-2009, 03:27 AM
My ring fingers are both longer than my pointer finger. The adams apple isn't too noticable which is what i've always heard about.

Mya Summers
07-19-2009, 03:38 AM
my ring fingers are longer than my pointer fingers. I grabed my wife's hands looked at her fingers and hers are almost the same length, I got a funny look when I grabbed her hand and looked at it as well as a what are u doing..lol my adams apple is very hard to see which is good.

noname
07-19-2009, 04:04 AM
Strange. So what does it mean if my ring finger is shorter than my index finger on both hands? What causes this?

Carin
07-19-2009, 04:46 AM
If you google index finger longer than ring finger (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=index+finger+longer+than+ring+finger&aq=0&oq=index+fin&aqi=g10) You will find a bunch of sites referring to research done in 2000 and the various interpretations of gender and sexuality.

Interestingly, if you google ring finger longer than index finger (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ring+finger+longer+than+index+finger&aq=0&oq=ring+finger&aqi=g10) you will find different research with different interpretations.

Do your own study - draw your own conclusions. Better still, forget the study, just draw the conclusions you want anyway.

dennisGTS
07-20-2009, 09:27 PM
I may have "man-shaped-hands" but I have wonderful "femenine" finger nails! :tongueout

lisalove
07-21-2009, 11:10 AM
My ring fingers are shorter than my pointer fingers.

Prissy Linda
07-21-2009, 11:28 AM
My ring fingers are shorter than my pointers on both hands, I have no adams apple at all.