PDA

View Full Version : Housework - How much do you do?

Stephanie Brooks
07-02-2005, 07:38 AM
Hiya Girlies!!!!!!!!

It's time to see if we're simply pretty little vixens or if we actually roll up our sleeves and do our share of the housework.

Stephanie Brooks
07-02-2005, 07:42 AM
My wife and I split things pretty evenly. Last night I had to play SuperMom, but there are times when she does it too.

While Tracy doesn't tolerate Stephanie very well, she certainly doesn't get the short end of the broomstick.

CharleneCD
07-02-2005, 07:42 AM
Bunny is good with some things I am better at others. We try to work together to keep the house from being a disaster.

Lady Jayne
07-02-2005, 07:52 AM
I Hate housework but as I live alone I don't have much choice, thought about getting someone in for a couple of hours a week but as I leave all my girly things in the open that could be a bit embaressing! Now perhaps if I got myself a maids outfit I wouldn't mind doing it so much Hmmm! * brain cogs whiring into action *

FionaAlexis
07-02-2005, 07:57 AM
Hi Stephanie,

I do most of it - not because of some subliminal TG related desire - but because I work from home. My partner works shift work and she much prefers doing the outdoor jobs. She does however never fail to remind me that if I'm so keen to be a woman I should be happy to do this stuff.

And maybe I'd be quite happy being housewife.

Fiona xx

Wendy me
07-02-2005, 08:11 AM
i would have to say that i am a house wife here ,, cooking ,cleaning wash yes i do the windows too ....but thats ok i love to do all of that yes i am a house wife .....

DanaJ
07-02-2005, 08:12 AM
Absolutely none - and I live by myself! :D

DanaJ

jo_ann
07-02-2005, 08:16 AM
My wife is really lazy when it comes to housework, so I get to do it 95% of the time by default (I can wait till every dish is dirty, and the garbage is overflowin, and she still won't do it). about the only time she does help clean is when someone is coming over. sometimes I think about ordering a maid costume and letting her come home seeing me clean (hint hint)

JoAnnDallas
07-02-2005, 09:01 AM
Over last couple of years, I have assumed more of the house hold chores from my wife. She has had MS for over 20 years, so it's time for her to relax and let me take care of those things.

Jenny Beth
07-02-2005, 10:11 AM
It's fairly even between us, my wife looks after upstairs and I do the downstairs. As for the kitchen, she's a great cook so I stay out of her way but I help with the mess afterwards.

Ibuki_Warpetal
07-02-2005, 10:47 AM
The maids, er roommates do that.
I don't touch it.
It's their perogitive.

JenniferPaul
07-02-2005, 10:55 AM
Well Paul is busy working and Jennifer always goes out for fun or shopping so the house work never is completed. And I can't afford a maid.

Jennifer

Julie
07-02-2005, 10:57 AM
I do it all. I tried to talk the dog into helping but all he said he can do is shed fur all over the place.

Sharon
07-02-2005, 11:06 AM
Yep, I do it all also. No choice in the matter either, since I live alone.

Tristen Cox
07-02-2005, 11:10 AM
I do just about all of it including repairs. Mostly en fem :cool:

Deelite
07-02-2005, 11:36 AM
I think its about 60/40 but i am home more (cool more dressing up!). There are things like washing clothes i don't do incase i shrink any of my GF's stuff!!

Dee.

uknowhoo
07-02-2005, 11:39 AM
Well, I am a pretty little vixen AND I roll up my sleeves and do my fair share, especially when it comes to looking after our 5 yr old boy. I kinda spoil that stay-at-home wife of mine, butI don't mind at all.
BTW, our dogs are completely worthless too.

karen marie
07-02-2005, 02:28 PM
i do most of it,simply because i have a more flexible work
schedule.besides i really love being domestic.
hugs,karen.

Cissy Suzie
07-02-2005, 02:38 PM
I live with 2 cats, and they don't have thumbs so they haven't discovered how to run a vaccumm cleaner, or I bet they would. They are very demanding, when there is a mess they both sit around looking at it till I clean it up.

How odd, I am owned by cats.

And yes, I do often do the housework dressed up!

Stacie Stockman
07-02-2005, 04:45 PM
All of it since I only live with 2 cats. And if my cats developed opposable thumbs they would kick me out since they would be able to finally operate the can opener.

Pip
07-02-2005, 04:48 PM
When we lived in NV she worked harder than I so I did most. We had housekeepers once a week so neither of us had to do the really dirty jobs, just keeping the place tidy.

When we came to PA, I worked a lot and she was a homemaker so she did all of it.

Now she's away for a little while and I'm doing it all.

I do have to admit, the other night I told her I was going to have to move. The trash can was full so I figured it was time to get out!

Pip

LauraB
07-02-2005, 06:21 PM
Absolutely none - and I live by myself! :D

DanaJ

None also i have a daily come in to do all theat cleaning stuff.

I will have to find another domestic Goddesss when i get to Yorkshire

Dana Love the new avater

You look so damn fine girl

Love
laura
XXXXXX

alba68
07-02-2005, 06:49 PM
I've been brought up to be houseproud and that is what I am. Not easy with three small children in house but I do my best.

Vivian Best
07-02-2005, 07:29 PM
I've had to do housework since I was 10 years old. With 46 years of marriage behind me I still do my share. I've always done the vacuuming and dusting. Wife always does the deep cleaning (she says I don't dust below belt level), cooking and dishes. Cars and yard my responsibility.

Vivian

ronna
07-02-2005, 09:48 PM
When it's my turn to do the dishes, I get this urge to put on an apron and do all the cleaning. Luckily for me, I don't have an apron!

ChristineRenee
07-02-2005, 10:08 PM
Hi Steph!

I do the majority of the laundry and vacumning. The dishes are done by who ever doesn't cook.

By the way...I don't do HOUSEWORK....it's known as domestic goddessing in our home! I do have my standards ya know!!:D

Love,
Chrissie:)

sarah
07-03-2005, 06:03 AM
Pretty much 50/50 but it happens sometimes when one of us takes it on fully but thats the joy of having one and a half women in one house

Clare
07-03-2005, 06:26 AM
Over the past five years, i have done most of the housework in our family of three.

My wife was always suffering depression or just too damn lazy!

Now she's gone, I have to do all the housework!

Oh, I forgot, I t has always been in male mode - never as a girl.

Christine

norbie
07-03-2005, 07:03 AM
I do at least 50% and loving it. Now I am lerning to cook, she said 'not eatable jet my dear'. So I have to try harder. But I made her ones an Indian Curry which she loved very much. One point for me,
Big Hugs from Norbie

Adrianne
07-03-2005, 07:15 AM
I do it all as i live by myself, when i girfriend is over she tells me i can't clean to save my life but i try.:lol:

Tamara Croft
07-03-2005, 09:28 AM
I do virtually ALL of it... :( although I have a dishwasher :D and...... AND...... when I'm at Tams.... guess who gets the nice job of cleaning the bathroom!!!!! pfft....