PDA

View Full Version : Hoarding?

Persephone
05-05-2009, 02:41 PM
Like many here, I had a hard time getting clothes when I was a "little girl."

At first I "borrowed" items from hampers and closets. Then, in a stroke of unbelievable luck, I actually found two items in the street. Both were perfectly my size! One was a bra and the other was a team swimsuit for the girl's swim team at my high school. (Yes, I have often wondered what the girls who originally owned them were doing when they lost them! :))

These and the eventual other items I got - like the first skirt I bought myself - were carefully hidden away, usually inside my stereo speakers.

Cut to the present. Since clothes were so hard to get, like a child of the Great Depression, I horde them. Now I have three closets full.

Dresses, skirts, pants, tops, you name it -- things that fit and things that don't (I've gone down from a size 16 to a size 6 in the past couple of years).

Not to mention a dresser full of bras, panties, slips, lingerie of all types.

And I can't bring myself to get rid of stuff. Even things I will probably never wear again.

Like a GG, sure, I have special items that have memories attached to them. Perfectly understandable.

But I have excuses for everything else:

"I just love this outfit"

"This would be great for a costume party?"

"Well, these are a little big, but I could wear them in guy mode or when I just want some less fitted 'mommy jeans,'"

And "what if I gain back some weight? -- Every woman keeps a few "fat clothes" doesn't she?"

They all sound perfectly reasonable and rational to me. And, obviously, I am "intellectually" aware that I need to get rid of some of these things, but it seems really, really hard.

Has anyone else gone through this? What can I do?

Kathi Lake
05-05-2009, 02:44 PM
My collection keeps growing as well. As I have been through the usual binge/purge cycles, I have promised myself that I never again will throw away clothes that I can still wear. Call it odd, but there you are. Translation; I'm with you, sister!

Kathi

Deborah Jane
05-05-2009, 03:05 PM
I,ve still got loads of clothes i'll never wear. Some things i bought in goodwill shops, etc and when i tried them on at home i decided i didn't really like them. I put them in bags [along with other things i no longer wear] with the intention of donating them, but i've never managed too yet.

The thing is, i'm running out of storage space rapidly, but i don't really like parting with things in case i want to wear it again someday.

Toni_Lynn
05-05-2009, 04:33 PM
One was a bra and the other was a team swimsuit for the girl's swim team at my high school. (Yes, I have often wondered what the girls who originally owned them were doing when they lost them! :))

These and the eventual other items I got - like the first skirt I bought myself - were carefully hidden away, usually inside my stereo speakers.

Whoa! Just hold on there! :) I found a girls team swim suit in the hall way at school when I was in Grade 12! I was after school for musical rehearsal and did my usual prowling as part of quest to use every girls restroom in the school!

BUY -- I can't believe that someone else actually stashed their girl stuff in their stereo speakers! Both of mine were loaded -- panties and bras in one, skirts and dresses in the other!

Not to mention a dresser full of bras, panties, slips, lingerie of all types.

And I can't bring myself to get rid of stuff.
Even things I will probably never wear again.

Like a GG, sure, I have special items that have memories attached to them. Perfectly understandable.
Has anyone else gone through this? What can I do?

My wife, bless her totally accepting heart, has noticed this about my panty collection. And while I don't still have my first training bra, I have a replacement bought a few years back for my second training bra, the original bought in the summer of 1970.

And then there is THE denim skirt. It is the one that I wore as a part of the inspiration for a girl-crossdresser meets boy-crossdresser story that I wrote back right after I met my wife in 2005. I can't part with it!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

trisha59
05-05-2009, 05:23 PM
You could start an inventory reduction by putting a few bras and such on the road side, and help out some young crossdresser.:heehee:

Faith_G
05-05-2009, 05:52 PM
I never used to get rid of anything. Moving 3 times in the last 2 years as well as losing 80 lbs has caused me to thin the herd quite a bit - but there's been some shopping to compensate. :)

I was a speaker-stasher too. Mom never looked in there...

Eva Marie
05-05-2009, 05:53 PM
What a sense of relief washed over me as I read these reports. I had begun to think I might have a problem. Especially when my better half quietly moved her belongings from the joint clothes closet leaving the entire (and substantial) space to me. Fortunately, the Esprit event is upon us, with its clothing exchange, so I'll be able to adopt out a few bags of "really good stuff". Never mind what I'll collect from said exchange.

inquisitiv
05-05-2009, 06:15 PM
I've never had the space to really store anything. My 2 first pairs of cherished stiletto heels did come from curbside when rubbish used to be stacked in boxes curbside on the sidewalk where I lived as a kid. Anyway, my entire wardrobe right now basically fits into an aluminum toolcase, with the exception of the shoes and a makeup kit. Even my new lycra dress (my one and only so far) folds flat like a pancake. Looks like I have a lot of lycra in my future!

Deedee Dupree
05-05-2009, 06:18 PM
I donate "obsolete" stuff or ANY stuff to orgs. or businesses that resell it and donate the proceeds to orgs. that promote our common interests.