PDA

View Full Version : No Longer CDing

Mirani
05-05-2009, 06:10 PM
Blame it on my SO.

She said this evening "You are not a cross dresser. You are woman to me. I wonder what label the world gives you - genetic male, not wanting gender reassignment, all bits functioning as designed, but living 24/7 as a woman and accepted as such". All said warmly and followed by a hug.

I am not one for labels, but she made me think. . . . (actually, she made me into who I am, or more accurately, facilitated me being able to choose how I want to relate to the world).

AmberDay
05-05-2009, 06:14 PM
congratulations! At first I thought this thread was going to be one of those. "I'm quitting cding." Nice to see people who embrace it!

Amber

Mirani
05-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Actually - being feminine embraced me! . . . :)

kym
05-05-2009, 06:47 PM
congratulations, you are one very lucky girl.

vikki2020
05-05-2009, 07:22 PM
She definitely has a point! Can't argue with strong logic:):) Here's to both of you:drink:

Gennifer
05-05-2009, 07:36 PM
Wow! This is terrific.

LisaM
05-05-2009, 08:58 PM
Mirani,

I want to say I'm jealous but I'm not---I'm just very happy for you and wish that that someday happens to me.

CD Susan
05-05-2009, 09:01 PM
This is great news Mirani. You are so very forttunate to have such a wonderful SO. MY best wishes go out to the both of you.

Tora
05-05-2009, 09:04 PM
Congrats and nice photo, great wife. Pardon me, but is Brighton, Mich. ?

inquisitiv
05-05-2009, 09:08 PM
What a wonderful story Mirani! I'm very happy for you, and you obviously have a very, very special SO.

serina lopez
05-05-2009, 09:11 PM
my wife has a female name for me when i dress. i lov eit when she calls me her girl!

silkandsatincd
05-05-2009, 09:24 PM
Hi Mirani,

I have been following your posts for a while and have enjoyed reading about your experiences. Keep sharing.

What a beautiful comment from your SO. You're both an inspiration to us all!

Patty
05-05-2009, 09:29 PM
Congrads what a luciky girl

Miranda09
05-05-2009, 09:32 PM
Yes, Congrats Mirani. You and your SO are very special people. :)

Stargirl
05-05-2009, 09:59 PM
I am tickled pink for you. (wondering where that term originated)

linnea
05-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Three cheers for your SO!!!

TxKimberly
05-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Sigh . . .

Mirani
05-06-2009, 12:36 AM
Waking up with a smile on my face . . . . :) . . . and stubble! :(

I think stubble is God's way of reminding me who I am . . and I am lucky enough to hate the stubble (wasted £800 on IPL . . didnt work) but happy to be me.

It was Amanda's birthday a few days ago - I asked her what she wanted . . . she said "a happy you" ... . needless to say she got something much more than that (a gliding lesson . . to see if it matches her dream of what she thinks gliding will be).

Thanks for all the good wishes. I DO realise that I have landed on my feet. Being loved and having someone to love is a wonderful gift.

Amanda chose me - knew who I was before we "got it together". I have found out since that she "had a thing for me" way before I knew. Blamed my underdeveloped female intuition :) for not seeing it earlier.

Anyway - time to get ready for the day. I dont go mad with the makeup anymore. Just some tinted moisturiser, a little smudge of eyeliner, mascara, hint of blusher and my lippy. What a change from the early days! (makes it easier too when I need to have a quick shave and reapply the face if I am working late or we are going out from work for a drink or two with the girls from work).

(Someone asked about Brighton. Its the bottom right corner of England :))

Hope
05-06-2009, 01:39 AM
congratulations! At first I thought this thread was going to be one of those. "I'm quitting cding." Nice to see people who embrace it!

Amber

What she said...

Lisa Golightly
05-06-2009, 02:03 AM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :) x

gender_blender
05-06-2009, 10:01 AM
That's great to hear!
I'm fortunate to be adequately comfortable with myself and confident in my appearance to date while expressing my femininity from the beginning, and typically dating bisexual females assists with overall compatibility as well.

Charlie

Lorileah
05-06-2009, 10:20 AM
In a perfect world, your story would be common. What makes it extraordinary is that you have a very uncommon wife who loves you...YOU as you are without expectations or limitations. If we could just spread that word. :hugs:

Vieja
05-06-2009, 10:33 AM
Aaaah. A situation to die for.

Vieja

vivianann
05-06-2009, 11:05 AM
Good for you, glad you can be your true self, and your wife loves you for who you are.:thumbsup:

Erica K.
05-06-2009, 11:34 AM
She sound like an amazing woman, but you must be as well to have such a warm relationship. You girls have fun :love:

SherriePall
05-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Mirani -- Having followed your adventures here, I can say that I am not surprised. Best wishes with everything and I'll second Kim's SIGH...

eastbaymm
05-06-2009, 01:15 PM
Mirani,

I think it is fantastic to have such strong support at home! I hear so many tales of woe about unsupporting spouses.

Sounds fantastic!

-- Randy

Mirani
05-07-2009, 02:45 AM
My SO and I have known each other for many years, being co-directors of our company and before that we worked together for another company. We have been friends fir many years now.
She knew of "me" having seen me out one night ( I didn't know she had seen me and sne never mentioned it until we "got it together").

There are angels out there - how lucky am I to have one as a friend, partner and SO?

In our early part of the relationship, she decided to "take charge" and led me through stages I had desired for ever but was too afraid to take on my own.

She says that all she did was hold my hand and show me that if you push at a door, it often opens. When I was afraid to push, she opened it for me, held it open and brought me through. But then, in the workplace that has been her style as well.
She is an "enabler" and set up our HR style.
Asking staff what they need to make their job better, or what is in the way of progress. The result is happy staff who are very efficient and omni competent - standing in for any absences. But she has taken them forward.

And that's why I am where I am today. She knew what I needed to make my life better - it was that obvious to her! She helped me to seethe obstacles were only that - obstacles and not an insurmountable wall.

Thanks for you kind words.

I am at the happiest and best part of my life.

(If I had a Native American tribal name - it would be:
"She who shaves twice-a-day" :)

Dawn Marie
05-07-2009, 03:32 AM
Congradulations Mirani, You are one of the very lucky ones, with a SO who accepts you for who you are.

Midnight Skye
05-07-2009, 09:10 AM
Huge congratulations Mirani! I am so happy for you. Getting deep acceptance like this from family is so exilirating and wonderful. I hope you both have nothing but happy times ahead.

boardpuppy
05-07-2009, 09:32 AM
Reading your stories, your posts and then this tread has lightened my day already. The smile on my face should be contagious because it feels so good. I wish I could share it with everyone. Your SO and you have a wonder day and give her another hug from me.

Hugs,
Alice

docrobbysherry
05-07-2009, 10:51 AM
a bi SO!:heehee:

That was SUPPOSED to be a joke!:D

I think.:brolleyes:

Carin
05-07-2009, 07:41 PM
... (If I had a Native American tribal name - it would be:
"She who shaves twice-a-day" :)

You asked about labels. If you were Native American you would be called a Two-Spirit person.

Congratulations to you both on living life the way you are supposed to.
:hugs: