PDA

View Full Version : I'm an obsessive-compulsive shopper, Need help!

emmicd
07-02-2005, 12:45 PM
One thing I find alarming about my crossdressing needs is I seem to enjoy shopping a bit too much! I feel I am obsessive and compulsive about this. I find myself drawn in to femme shopping at least twice a week and my trend in shopping nowadays is to only buy femme clothes. Since I have my male business atire in place I really don't shop for men's clothing. Occasionally I'll buy a white tailored men's shirt and matching tie but that's it for my male persona.

With regard to my femme shopping needs I am making purchases of dresses, swimsuits, jeans, slacks, blouses, lingerie, etc. I admit it certainly feels good to shop and buy feminine clothing but I think I'm out of control and in need of some serious help!

Just yesterday I spent over $300 and bought femme clothes at every store I visited. I shopped at Macy's where I bought some slacks and junior polos; I shopped at JC Penny where I bought lots of bras and panties; I then bought some pantyhose and a matching bra and panty set at Victoria's Secret; I bought 2 pairs of junior slacks and a blouse at Target and lastly bought a junior's dress and swimsuit at Wal Mart all in the same day!

The problem is I have all these beautiful clothes hanging in the closet and in bags and I only wear a fraction of the clothes when I have the opportunity which is not often at all. I do try on everything I buy at least once when I have the chance at home for a brief moment.

Have any of you girls experienced this compulsive aspect in your cross dressing or find you have way too many femme clothes and very little time to wear them?

Would like to have some help in this area. Can any of you girls weigh in on this issue?

Going back to a psychologist can be to expensive for me!

Thank you!

Emmi

Jessica_six
07-02-2005, 01:46 PM
:bonk:
That's what I feel like doing sometimes after I go crazy shopping.
Emmi, I am exactly the same as you. I just can't seem to stop buying femme things. My closet and drawers are filled with clothes, lingerie, makeup, and jewelry that I hardly ever get to wear. EBay has been my personal demon because I find gorgeous things there for a fraction of the price you pay at stores. Because of this I rationalize that I'm not spending $50 on this outfit, I'm only spending $20, so I can now buy another one for the same money as I would for one!
Willpower is the key, hon. You just have to be strong and sensible about it.
I know, that's the hardest part! Especially when you see something that just catches your eye.
We must cast out the evil that is in you to compulsively shop!
DEMON BE GONE!!! :evilbegon
(I've been waiting forever for an opportunity to use that smiley :D )

Here's a hug from fellow compulsive shopper. :hugs: You are not alone!

Tristen Cox
07-02-2005, 01:47 PM
Sorry but I can't help you. I dropped 450$ in 20 minutes. Got the name of the shrink? :D

CharleneCD
07-02-2005, 02:40 PM
I cant pass up sale or clearance items and Bunny is as bad as me. Nice tops $5 each, well Ive got to get 5 or 6 in different colors. :D Wheres that therpist?

Holly
07-02-2005, 02:53 PM
I'd love to help you go shopping... when do we leave?:dance:

Billi49504
07-02-2005, 03:39 PM
You just have to dress more often :D Other than that I can't help you with any good advice, I went from a new customer to a platinum card at Lane Bryant. And the avenue card is maxed. It sure is fun, isn't it!! Billi :)

Wendy me
07-02-2005, 06:49 PM
ok i am a excisive compulsive shopper..yes it's true..yes i got a thearpest....and i have to buy something every day...and i can go off the deep end at a sale......something abought it...the stores, the sales.....i get out of controll...oh girlfreind i don't want to stop...no i love to shop...hay i got a iear lets go shopping.....

Julie
07-02-2005, 07:39 PM
I haven't shopped in over two weeks and I'm going into withdrawal! https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/images/emoticons/J_CHIC~1.GIF

Tristen Cox
07-02-2005, 09:20 PM
ok i am a excisive compulsive shopper..yes it's true..yes i got a thearpest....and i have to buy something every day...and i can go off the deep end at a sale......something abought it...the stores, the sales.....i get out of controll...oh girlfreind i don't want to stop...no i love to shop...hay i got a iear lets go shopping.....
I am just so in shock you didn't start this thread yourself Wendy :whistle:

ronna
07-02-2005, 09:37 PM
Yes, Emmi, I think this is why women have the reputation "born to shop."
It seems like you can never have enough clothes, let alone too many.
Even if you have more things than you can possibly ever wear, there is always the appeal of the new fashions. That's why I have to stop turning to the sale ads in the paper. It's a trap!

Krystal Lee
07-02-2005, 09:58 PM
Emmicd, Dear shopping is just one of the fun things about us. Don't worry about a shrink, just think of the shopping as therapy. I also buy much more than any normal human being could possably need BUT I have never clamed to be normal!!! After my wife found out she said I became a much easier person to live with, when I could shop. For many years I was a pain in the behind when ever we shopped together because I was not free to go buy what I wanted. After she found out and realized I was the same person she had fallen in love with she turned me loose to shop. Must be the soft lingerie softening my attitude because she told me I mellowed out right away. All was not peaches and cream as she set limitsfor me. I could not fill my bra or go out in public but what she granted was so much more than I had before that I thought I was dreaming. I have lost the love of my life to cancer four years ago but think of her especially when I shop. So as I said shopping can be your therapy and may it bring you many happy returns also. Yes that was a play on words.:) Hugs Krystal.

Wendy me
07-02-2005, 10:04 PM
I am just so in shock you didn't start this thread yourself Wendy :whistle:

me????shopping and want helpe???maybe to carry the bags to the car.....

Tristen Cox
07-02-2005, 10:08 PM
You better hire more girls then, I don't think I can manage by myself :strugglin

mariej
07-02-2005, 10:11 PM
Hi Babe.
I know this is going to sound crass but I don't think you need help I think you need more money!!
L&P
Mariej
xx

emmicd
07-02-2005, 10:17 PM
Dear Krystal,

Thank you for your support! I am happy you opened up to you wife and shared in the shopping experience. I feel very sad though that you lost you wife and love. I guess as the time passes it gets a little easier.

I lost my mom now 15 years ago and was very close. I felt bad that my wife and son never got to meet her. It's never easy when you lose someone close to you.

I wish you well and Thank you for your kindness!

Emmi

cindybarnes
07-02-2005, 11:39 PM
Emmi, I still have a shopping problem, but its not as bad as it was *S* As closets fill up I need less, but still have those compulsive moods,,, like when I know I have girl time comming and dont know what to wear *S*

Cindy

JenniferPaul
07-03-2005, 02:29 AM
I will help you shop.

I sometime get the urge to get a special fashion item. Impulse buying is controlled by a limit budget, but I often consider an item for a long time before buying it or not. I have learned to not grab it first sexy thing I see, but check out other stores. You should have a good idea of what you are looking for or need.

Jennifer

Mandy Salamander
07-03-2005, 06:04 AM
Actually I DO see a shrink for obsessive/compulsive behavior, and it IS cheaper than shopping!!! and I know all shrinks are quacks because I have a degree in behavioral psychology...that says something 'bout me, doesn't it??

Clare
07-03-2005, 06:19 AM
Can i join the club?

I was always buying my wife (before she left me recently) clothing, shoes (over 20 pairs last year), accessories and jewellery as often as possible. As a mere male, i went without new stuff for years by trying to give my wife lots of new stuff. My wife didn't know and wouldn't approve of cd'ing.

Since she left, i have been to counselling and discovered that i bought all that stuff for my wife as a substitute for getting them for 'Christine'. In other words, i was wanting to have it myself (which wasn't going to happen), so the next best thing was to get them for my wife. Basically i was toturing myself as everytime my wife dressed up in the things i gave her, i was actually jealous she was wearing my selections and i had to miss out.

I hate the pyschological side effects of CD'ing! Now that my wife has left me, maybe i'll be able to get my own things, but when i get a job interstate, i will have to share accomodation, so CD'ing will be even more difficult - so more stress over dressing en-femme!

Christine

Wendy me
07-03-2005, 07:58 AM
Emmi like i said i am a excive compulsive shopper and i am ok with that ...i love shopping but i have found a balance that works for me and might helpe you as well .... so i thought i would share it with you and anyone that might be helped by it ............

i have set some simple rules for shopping ...and try to stick to them.....

1, i only shop while i am awake.....

2,i only dream abought shopping while i am asleep....

that pretty mutch covers it .....hope it helped......

emmicd
07-03-2005, 08:10 AM
I couldn't stop laughing after reading your recent post! I certainly can see you were born to shop. I'll have to put myself on a budget but think it would be fun to shop with you and the rest of the girls!

Emmi

emmicd
07-03-2005, 08:13 AM
Thanks Wendy,

You are taking the lighthearted approach to answering my question. I am still laughing. Thank you!

I needed that.

Also Thanks to all the other girls who shared their response!

Emmi