PDA

View Full Version : I did it!

Pip
07-02-2005, 01:01 PM
OK girls, I finally did it.

Last night, I realized I had two movies that had to be returned to Blockbuster or I would pass their no late fees just charge you for the movie time limit. Problem was....I was all dolled up!

What to do, What to do, What to do......

I pondered this for awhile. Had a couple of beers, pondered it some more. Then at about 12:30, thinking "you know, all of my neighbors are asleep, Blockbusters is closed, it's been raining so the streets won't be crowded...."

I stepped out of my door and into my van!

Imagine the horror on my face when I realized that THIS Blockbuster is open until 1:00 on Fridays and Saturdays. There were PEOPLE in there. Well, I was at the point of no return so I pulled up to the outside drop box, stepped out of my van, in my dress and heels, and I dropped the movies in without even a second glance from anyone around.

Now I'm thinking "That was easier than I thought!". So since I had already escaped the walls of my apartment I decided to take a little drive. I got a few miles away when that pesky little gas dinger thingie started going off. Oh boy, I don't have enough gas to take a drive of any length and I am enjoying my new freedom.

So, I drove past a couple of gas stations that were crowded....I'm not that brave yet and have no wig yet so I was wearing a hat. I drove down a couple of back streets until I got to a point of either turn around and go home or stop at the next one I see. Well, the next one was open but empty. I pulled up...decided that thinking about it more would send me home, so I got out, put my credit card in the slot and started pumping. Of course I climbed back in the van while it was filling up but there were cars going by at the time. After it stopped I got out, and while I was closing the gas cap someone pulled in. Quickly I got back in the van but not before I was seen for sure by this new driver. He never gave me a second glance.

Back in my van with a full tank I drove around for another half an hour or so. Once I stopped at a deserted strip mall and walked up and down the sidewalk for a few minutes just window shopping. Nobody was around so I felt no pressure of hurrying.

So Pip has stepped out....sort of! Once I buy a wig this might even be easier. The broad rimmed hat at that hour of the night is somewhat obvious and draws attention. I think I might actually be able to do this someday! Perhaps not in a crowded environment as I would definately be read by almost anyone, but in innocent situations like I was in last night.

Thanks to everyone on here that has talked about going out and gave me the courage to step out of my home and into the world!

Pip

tifftg
07-02-2005, 01:04 PM
I am so proud of you. Each step along the way is full of it's own challenges but this was a huge step to take. Enjoy, enjoy.

Hugs,

Tiffany :)

SilkenPrincess
07-02-2005, 01:06 PM
That is just so cool Pip! Enjoy your freedom, just be safe girl!
Love,
SilkenPrincess

JoAnnDallas
07-02-2005, 01:55 PM
PIP..... congrads. You did it and isn't it wonderful. I did it only a couple of weeks ago and I did it in daylight, which is even more scarey and frighting.

See hardly no one noticed you and you blended in. Thats the key love.

Again congrads on a outing well done.

CharleneCD
07-02-2005, 02:34 PM
Way to go Pip. A great step forward for you. You deserve a nice hot bubble bath and chocolate as a reward. I am so happy your first outing went so well.

Rachel_740
07-02-2005, 02:56 PM
Well done Pip, the next time it will be easier.

I've found that people take less notice of you in a crowded supermarket that in an (almost) empty supermarket - everyone is engrossed in their own little world.

Anne

paulaN
07-02-2005, 03:08 PM
all right pip. way to go, now go get a wig and you'll be ready to go clubbing in no time.

Holly
07-02-2005, 03:13 PM
Congratulation, Pip. It will become less and less frightening as time goes on. And once we reach the point when we realize that life does not end even if we are made, who really cares what someone who we don't know and will likely never, ever see again in our lives thinks or says. Just not important in the grand scheme of things. So enjoy you freedom, but as SilkenPrincess said, be safe.

Teddie
07-02-2005, 04:57 PM
:hiding: :Power:

Sigrid
07-02-2005, 05:06 PM
Way to go Pip! :clap: :dance: I'd love to see a picture of the hat, btw. Rainy's got me thinking that's what I should be thinking a bout wearing...

~Sigrid

ronna
07-02-2005, 05:53 PM
How fun, PiP!
It's obvious that you're going to have a lot more fun once you work up the courage. I am proud of you (and a little envious)

Pip
07-02-2005, 07:49 PM
Ok Sigrid, here goes. My camera is a cheap one so the picture quality is poor. Not that a good camera would do much for me but it's my excuse and I'm sticking with it!

Here I am, my dress, my heels, my hose and of course, the Hat!

Pip

uknowhoo
07-02-2005, 07:59 PM
So that was YOU with the hat and the heels at the deserted strip mall last night. Well, I guess it makes sense, you were pretty, you were in PA, why didn't I realize it earlier. Just kidding. Congrats to ya, you're on yer way!!

Tristen Cox
07-02-2005, 09:18 PM
Well there's a good start with the picture:) Maybe get some more light behind it but I know crappy cameras all to well, so no worries.

Aye Sigrid(don't forget to take the glasses off:p)