PDA

View Full Version : Got my new state ID

Michelia
05-06-2009, 03:47 AM
Thanks to TxKimberly.

I had gone through a lot of trouble to get my ID. According to the two places I visited, I was supposed to look like the same person on my driver's license and my ID. I had to be easily recognizable on both. So they told me I could not wear make up, but I could let my hair down. I went through so much BS that my picture came out pretty bad. The good thing was that I found this out of the way place where there were only two ladies in line and no one else ever came in to the place.

Then TxKimberly posted her story and pic of her ID and I sighed. She looked so beautiful. So she inspired me to try again. I went back and this time I came in fully made up.

I told the lady I hated my picture and that I needed to get a new ID that looked more femme and had a better picture in it. She went ahead and did the whole thing and then took the ID to the supervisor in the back. This time the supervisor did not come out. She said the lipstick had to come off. Now I never wear red lipstick but somehow the top I was wearing and the red purse I had made me do it that day. So I took my little cotton and kleenex out of my purse and my compact mirror and erased my lips.

Now I was getting a little nervous, because by now there were a couple of gangbanger brothers sitting watching me intently along with a couple of mexican farm workers and guy in a suit and another guy with a hard hat and about four women. Jeesum, if I had to profile a stereotype of typical macho dudes this was the perfect pack. And they were here as if it was all a movie and I was the main character. They probably had never seen a CD in their life and maybe never dreamt of ever seeing one. This is Amite City in Tangipahoa Parish in the backwoods of LA. But they were all the perfect gentlemen. Everyone of them. No snickers, self-satisfying smiles, or eye rolling. I was so very grateful.

Now we did the whole thing over again. Three pictures this time. The first one had a frown. The second one, had wildly open eyes, trying to avoid a frown. The third one is the one below. After the ID was ready she again went to the back where I could see the supervisor getting on the phone, probably with her supervisor! It took forever. Five more farmboy types came in the place in the meantime. They were all staring at me but being nice. A few even smiled. This was a very small place, so everyone knew what was going on.

She finally came out with a big smile on her face. What a nice, patient lady. She really went to bat for me. I loved my new picture. As a matter of fact, it is the nicest picture in any ID or license I ever had! But I could see where I was starting to get a little nervous. I should have followed Kim's example and picked earrings that showed. My earrings were beautiful but too dark to show in the picture. Oh well, you live and you learn. I was so happy I could not stop thanking the lady.

On the way out, this big macho dude opened the door for me! He got out of his chair and opened the door. I said thank you and he said "yer welcum, mam".

Jonianne
05-06-2009, 05:32 AM
Very nice Michelia! Great story too. I wish we were allowed to hold both a non-drivers and a drivers licence here in VA.

Billijo49504
05-06-2009, 09:53 AM
That looks great:battingeyelashes: Does anyone know about Michigan, can we get two forms of ID?? BJ

Persephone
05-06-2009, 10:40 AM
You look great, girl!

Wow, that was a lot of work! I'm not sure we're allowed two ID's here in California, but even if it is possible, there is no way they would work on a picture like that. Some of the DMV people are pretty nice, but it is always jammed and I think there may even be a rule that they only take one picture.

Mine has never come out very good:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/CDDFJane.jpg

TxKimberly
05-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Sorry, but my ears were burning~! You know, despite all you went through, and despite what sounds like a supervisor doing her level best to thwart you, I think thats quite a nice pic on your ID.
Well done and I think it's awesome that you stuck to your guns to "git 'er done!"

Sally2005
05-06-2009, 03:37 PM
That's a pretty decent photo. I really don't understand the lipstick issue... I mean, would they ask a GG woman to remove her's? I wonder what would happen if you had asked to see their rule book? I mean, being a government agency, it must be written down somewhere... What reason did they give for asking you to get partially naked?

Congratulations on getting the ID.

Michelia
05-07-2009, 10:07 AM
That's a pretty decent photo. I really don't understand the lipstick issue... I mean, would they ask a GG woman to remove her's? I wonder what would happen if you had asked to see their rule book? I mean, being a government agency, it must be written down somewhere... What reason did they give for asking you to get partially naked?

Congratulations on getting the ID.

The idea is that you cannot look like two people because it would be considered a "disguise". Of course the whole thing is ludicrous from the get go because I am already putting my picture out there so all the authorities know about my two pictures and my two identities. I looked through all the rules and could find nothing specific about these things. What they say is that was the intent of the legislators when framing the rules on getting IDs. It is all BS if you ask me. On top of that , I am plainly recognizable in pictures as the same person, whether I wear lipstick or not!

CharleneT
05-07-2009, 10:12 AM
Hey Michelia,

Congrads ! You look great in your new (officially sanctioned) photo ;) I wish Iowa would allow such ID's but .... nope !

boardpuppy
05-07-2009, 10:29 AM
Hi Michelia,
I can understand the trouble you went through but that pic was outstanding. Your whole face is radiant and you should feel happy about this accomplishment. Congrats girl.

Does anyone know about two ID's for Missiouri.

Hugs,
Alice