PDA

View Full Version : Fraternity Guys- just wondering

Sophie Lynne
05-06-2009, 09:09 PM
I'm curious. It seems that many gurls I meet were in fraternities in college, as was I.

Now I've read the research (as most of you have) that says that CD/TS gurls often have "macho" other lives to cover up or try to deny their urge to dress, etc.

So I'm wondering- how many of you were in a fraternity in college? No need to name the house (or the school) unless you wish.

:drink:

TGgwen
05-06-2009, 09:14 PM
I never went to college. Joined the service the day after highschool graduation. dunno if id like being in a frat, but maybe the members here should start our on sorority!:D

Barbra_in_Tulsa
05-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Yep, although not for the whole time I was in school but for two years I was a frat boy.....Desperately wanted to rush a sorority.....

gretchen2
05-06-2009, 09:21 PM
I was not in a frat house, but I have done the macho thing to cover up my femme side. What a waste of good time when I could have really been myself. Men can be so stupid. At least me anyway. Thank goodness I have a dress on.

gennee
05-06-2009, 09:42 PM
I went to college but was never a frat member.

Gennee

TJ Tresa
05-06-2009, 10:46 PM
No I didn't join a frat in college, since I never attended full time. However I do belong to a fraterninty that is all male and related to college. I wont name it out of respect for the fraternity. But to answer your question is yes I do belong a to afraternity and yes it does hide my feminine side whilie I am being not neccessarily mocho but all male.

Jessica Who
05-07-2009, 01:14 AM
I joined a fraternity in college, but it wasn't to cover up my crossdressing. It's a smaller fraternity and I ended making great friends that I still keep to this day.

In fact, I just blogged about telling my best friend the other day, and he happens to be one of my fraternity brothers as well :). Go figure.

denese013
05-07-2009, 02:25 AM
I once belonged to the best frat in the country,Tapa-Kega-Beer:drink:

allisonrn06
05-07-2009, 04:03 AM
I was never in a fraternity, but was in the military - have read that alot of CD/TV/TG were or do go in the military and have always thought that this was to prove our "macho" side as you say. Don't feel as if I need to prove that anymore though.

Paula Klein
05-07-2009, 04:26 AM
I went straight from high school into the USMC ... oooh rah! Macho! After that fun experience, I went to college but didn't have time for a fraternity.

Teri Jean
05-07-2009, 04:51 AM
Paula, Semper Fi. I went from high school to the Navy and then to college for two years. No frat but have worked at a University for 26 years. Don't figure. LOL

Keli

Katrina
05-07-2009, 05:01 AM
I wasn't in a fraternity, but since we have a bunch of techies here and I went to a techie school, I'm guessing there are a bunch. I did want to rush a sorority though...of course I'm sure most non-TG guys would have wanted to as well for the "view".

Debbie801
05-07-2009, 06:22 AM
I was in college almost 30 years ago, midwestern school. I joined Kappa Sigma during sophmore year. If my memory is correct, and back then most of my brain cells were drunk or high.

Still have good friends from back then. I don't think joining had a "compensation" motive, but who knows what is going on in my subconscious head...

Debbie

Alice B
05-07-2009, 02:30 PM
I was a frat member in college, but was not a cross dresser then. Still keep in contact with several brothers, but do not revel Alice.

Noxvictum
05-07-2009, 02:48 PM
I went to school, and am going back in the spring (missed out on the fall). Don't think I could be in a frat. I did the whole macho-cover-up crap in the Navy (year of college, than the Navy). I'm not about to be hazed by some kid who's never been out of school, that I know without a shadow of a doubt, I will outdrink. No more cover-up. A CD sorority would be fun, though.

Lorileah
05-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Thanks for dredging up all those memories of the frat boys kidnapping me and dressing me like a girl and forcing me to raid the sorority....oh wait that didn't happen. Wouldn't join a frat if they asked (I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members.Groucho Marx.) The majority of the frats in my school were Animal House misogynistic hyper-testosterone 4 year hide outs for rich boys. Am I bitter? Yeah :)

kristina_va
05-07-2009, 02:56 PM
I wasn't in a frat, but i was a jock in high school and college (baseball).

I am part time cd now...but have started to transition

any other jock type guys out there? would love to chat

hrmnapoleon
05-07-2009, 04:07 PM
I also was in a Fraternity the last two years of undergrad, but most of the guys (though there were some very definite exceptions) were of a more serious mind, and didn't engage in many of the stereotypical "Frat Boy" behaviours.

Stormgirl
05-07-2009, 04:37 PM
I went to college but never attended a Fraternity; I was in ROTC instead - is that macho enough?

Hope
05-07-2009, 08:01 PM
I went to college in the 1990's and found the whole frat thing to be rather pathetic and sad. My understanding is that greek life in previous generations was somewhat different - but what it was when I was in college certainly never appealed to me. I never felt the need to buy myself a group of friends to hang out, drink beer, and engage in homoerotic bonding with. Having a roommate who was rushing was hard enough to deal with. One morning after Og (my roommate) had a particularly eventful evening I found our toilet seat had been stained blue in the shape of Og's butt cheeks. I never did find out why Og's butt had been painted blue - but then, I figure I didn't really want to know either.

Now - if I could have rushed a sorority... that would have been a completely different matter.

Ralph
05-07-2009, 09:52 PM
Gaaah, what awful memories. The frat boys at my southern US college were all underage-drinking neanderthals with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Every single group was right out of Animal House with the binge drinking, trash all over the place, and no regard for anyone or anything except their bizarre, usually loud, always misogynistic desires. But all this crap was tolerated because it's a "tradition", much like lynching or goat sacrifices at midnight. I never understood why anyone would need to buy into an abusive club to get friends when you could just as easily, and without nearly as much painful hazing, go to a gathering of people who share your interests and introduce yourself.

So, um, no, I was never in a fraternity :battingeyelashes:

ralph

DeeInGeorgia
05-07-2009, 10:33 PM
I was never able to hide my lack of male presence. Plus I couldn't stand the smell of beer. I was very much an outcast type of person. I had my R/C airplanes and photography. I joined the Publicatios Photo staff and ended up getting inducted into the Society of Collegiate Journalists.

Deanna

prettybrynn
05-08-2009, 01:03 AM
I was in a fraternity in college.
After I hooked up with girls I'd ask to keep their panties/thongs/whatever. Most obliged (classy broads) and so I'd keep them on display in my room. My little secret was that i used to put them on when I knew my roommate was in class.
:)

JaytoJillian
05-08-2009, 04:25 AM
My everyday life is "Off-the-chart-macho." Sports, fitness, elements of danger-- you name it, Jay has probably done it, LoL. Definitely was a fratboy in college, but never as a cover, as that was BEFORE I discovered this fun hobby.

Katrina
05-08-2009, 04:57 AM
Every single group was right out of Animal House with the binge drinking, trash all over the place, and no regard for anyone or anything except their bizarre, usually loud, always misogynistic desires.

Not every fraternity is like that though. I _almost_ pledged one which I found out senior year, didn't do any of the initiation crap. If I'd known that freshmen year, I probably would have joined. There was also a service fraternity that didn't have the standard fraternity issues.

Bea A
05-08-2009, 08:29 PM
I turned 18 in Navy boot camp. Went to college and got my degree in 2004, but didn't do that frat thing. I live in a college town. Seeing guys puke out their windows and generally act like idiots isn't that much different than deploying on a ship overseas for 6 months. It might have been fun though... If you CD, would it be a fraternity or sorority:battingeyelashes::devil:

AmandaM
05-08-2009, 08:31 PM

I tried to join, and join, and join, and join....:)

KandisTX
05-08-2009, 10:57 PM

Now that sounds like a frat I would have joined if I went to college instead of joining the military right out of HS.

Kandis:love::rose2:

Sophie Lynne
05-09-2009, 08:35 AM
Wow! Seems like a struck a nerve!

For the record, where I went to school there were some Animal Houses, but there were also houses that were very sober and serious.

I joined because I needed friends, and I will admit it. I was very shy and withdrawn then. Being in a fraternity helped me come out of my shell.

And now I wear pantyhose and breast forms. :)

Monique_cd75
06-29-2009, 08:08 PM
yep I sure was!

insearchofme
06-30-2009, 06:57 AM
I was in a fraternity, loved it! It's been over 40 years and I still keep in touch with quite a few of my "brothers".

Marshchild
06-30-2009, 08:54 AM
I was never in a frat seeing as I went to university* in the wrong part of the world! Are fraternities a uniquely American institution (I don't think I've heard of any existing anywhere else)? I really don't know much about them (or even what they do), although I've certainly become well-acquainted with at least the concept of them through their portrayal in movies and on TV shows. Judging from those same films and shows, I gather there are other ways in which institutions of higher learning in the US differ from those here in Australia. Down here, for example, students don't live on campus as I gather they do in the States (so I missed out on the experience of having some wild roommate as well! :sad:).

To touch on a subject a few of the other posters have brought up, I toyed with the idea of joining the armed forces at one point (after I'd dropped out of Uni in my case), and went as far as applying to join the "sapper" division of the Army Reserve (from what I heard, one of the more macho branches of the Australian Army, although I didn't find that out until later). My motives for trying to enlist had nothing to do with my CDing (which I was already comfortable with at the time); it just seemed like something interesting to do. In any case, I failed the preliminary psych evaluation, for I ended up giving the evaluator the impression I was a transsexual on the verge of getting SRS (and probably barking mad as well!). Oh well.

*Are university and college the same thing in America, or entirely different entities?

joank
06-30-2009, 09:55 AM
I went to collge full or part ime in the 60's,70's, 80's and 90's. This includes a BS plus three advanced degress (MS). Never had a desire to be in a frat although some of my apartment roommates were. I worked at various PT jobs or career so was way too busy for the nonsence. Was in truck driving, working a service station and even breaking some horses (for money) to support the education.
Macho enough?

Paula G
06-30-2009, 05:51 PM
Never thought about joining a fraternity while in college, but I did go to some fraternity parties since my girlfriend (now wife) was in a sorority. If only I can remember what they were like...

Deidra Cowen
06-30-2009, 08:32 PM
I was in a frat and had a blast...but would have loved to been a sorority girl!!!! :daydreaming:

KarenS
06-30-2009, 08:39 PM
Nope not me. Got a degree with out a Frat house.

DianneRoberts
06-30-2009, 08:40 PM
Yes, yes, yes.
Best 7 years of my life !

Drinking age was 18, there was no AIDS, you figure it out !

Sophie Lynne
07-05-2009, 09:31 AM
Marshchild, A college is a single branch of learning (example: college of business) usually. A University is comprised of multiple colleges.

michelle_j2005
07-05-2009, 11:19 AM
Frat is such a derogatory term. I prefer franternity. I have many good memories and friends from my time there!

CD Susan
07-05-2009, 11:45 AM
I joined the military soon after high school thinking that this would "cure" me of my weird habit of wearing womens clothes. Of course this didn't work and I spent the next four years feeling miserable and frustrated because of me not having a place to dress up. After my enlistment was up I went to college but did not join a fraternity. I was too worried about others finding out that I wore panties under my guy clothes.

SherriePall
07-05-2009, 01:50 PM
My college didn't have fraternities or sororities. I did do the macho thing as far as sports go (not on any college team), playing almost any pick-up game going on. After college, I was obligated to help Uncle Sam out a bit. Semper Fi!

S. Lisa Smith
07-05-2009, 02:17 PM
I was in a fraternity, back in the late '60's...it was a blast!

Sally24
07-05-2009, 03:48 PM
I was in both a fraternity and the military. In fact, my first occasion out in public, dressed as a female was in a fraternity "skit"! It was quite a "rush".:devil:

Billijo49504
07-05-2009, 04:06 PM
I got my degree in the rice patties of S.E. Asia.
My frat was Co B, 3/21st, 196th LIB. After that college was to boring, so I went to work....BJ

kristinacd55
07-05-2009, 04:15 PM
Yea, we had one fraternity at my school. Tappa Keg o Beer. :)