PDA

View Full Version : ladylike walking

Marla
05-07-2009, 04:25 PM
Walking like a lady is kind of interesting. I studied a website a few years ago that showed the difference between men and women walking. What I've observed is that there is a huge difference in both genders. I walk feminine all the time and sometimes people notice, but I really don't care about that, I just feel more comfortable moving like that now. If you want to walk like a model on a runway or a professional wrestler in heat, that's a problem, but believe me a nice smooth ladylike walk is really cool. Anybody like me out there?

Miranda09
05-07-2009, 04:29 PM
Hi Marla. I don't practice a lady-like walk when I'm out, but I do when I'm at home and there really is a difference in the way the 2 sexes walk. It's really an interesting contrast and I find it alot of fun to practice with at home...especially when I'm fully decked out and feeling sexy. :)

Dressing Jill
05-07-2009, 04:48 PM
Hi Marla

I try to walk like a lady or at least like i have been told they walk. I only know one gg that walks like they way I pratice. If I am in 4" heels I don't have a problem walking like a lady as it is very restricting.

I was hoping you would give details as to how you walk... I try to walk with my knees as close together as possible (I use a spandex bandage to help me hold them together) Then I focus on my pelvis and try to lead with it. It puts my chest out and my head up. I hope I am doing it right.,

Any advise or sugestion will be accepted gratefully..

Hugs :hugs:

Jill

There is always room for more friends in my heart. :sf:

Midnight Skye
05-07-2009, 05:06 PM
Also remember to keep your arms in and shorten the foward and backward swing. Shorten your steps (heels do this great along with a pencil skirt). My only current problem is I'm still looking down a lot to see if I'm doing it right... and to avoid tripping on dogs.

Teri Jean
05-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Marla,
You have a point with being more fluid with ones walk as women glide into the room and men crash into the room. The movement in the hips, the arms closer to the sides and the posture overall of the body is what defines a female walk. Practicing this at home, on the street or at work does not have to be so abvious to draw attention (the catwalk stride) but with practice is important.

Working at a university gives me an opportunity to examine the different strides of men and women of which differ within both sexes. Some men (athletics) walk with the same fluid grace of women and the same difference with some women. Some walk like a full back, don't figure. The point I'm trying to make is practice but not to be the fixation that we all can get into, unless you are going to be on the catwalk. Then you may want to get anal. LOL. Be all the girl you can but enjoy the trip and moment.

Keli

inquisitiv
05-07-2009, 06:02 PM
unless you are going to be on the catwalk. Then you may want to get anal. LOL. Be all the girl you can but enjoy the trip and moment.
Keli

I don't know if the catwalk reference reflects feminine motion. Have you seen any of the recent shows or movies with catwalks? The models look like they're angry and that they are squishing bugs with each forward crossover stomp. That's what they do-- they stomp. I've never liked it.

Kate17
05-07-2009, 06:14 PM
This may be too far in the past for some but does anybody remember the old movies about charm schools. I remember they used to teach girls to walk with a book on their head. I will have to look up some of the old movies but I think they may have a good idea - it would keep your posture upright, your stems would be more like a glide than a stomp and you certainly could not swing your arms. Anyone remember that??

Kate17

inquisitiv
05-07-2009, 06:38 PM
I remember they used to teach girls to walk with a book on their head....Anyone remember that??

Kate17

Absolutely Kate! My Fair Lady stands out.

TSchapes
05-07-2009, 06:39 PM
Here's a cool site that demonstrates the difference between male and female:

BioMotionLab (http://www.biomotionlab.ca/Demos/BMLwalker.html)

And please, there is a difference between the way runway models walk and everyday women walk. Don't confuse the two.

-Tracy

Karren H
05-07-2009, 06:57 PM
I used to practice a lot... even have a few movies I did to critique my progress... looking back some are very funny!! lol

http://s130.photobucket.com/albums/p277/coalminerbabe/Girly%20Movies/

Rachel B
05-07-2009, 07:16 PM
It is like learning to drive, difficult to master at first, but once it clicks it becomes second nature. I would always advise to start off in high heels as these force you to walk more feminine. Might not look to pretty to begin with :rofl:

Whilst learning I swear I could've been mistaken as a member of the 'ministry of funny walks'.

Now though I just throw on a pair of heels and I'm there. I have noticed that the way I walk in guy mode is more feminine sometimes. :heehee:

silkandsatincd
05-07-2009, 09:52 PM
Hi Marla,

The first time I tried on 4" heels, I was thinking, "How could anyone walk in these things for more than 5 minutes!" The trick is finding comfortable shoes that fit right and lots of practice. I love to walk in heels every chance I get. I do find myself walking like a lady when I feel relaxed, it just happens more and more naturally, with or without heels.

Life's simple pleasures! :yippee:

linnea
05-07-2009, 10:21 PM
This may be too far in the past for some but does anybody remember the old movies about charm schools. I remember they used to teach girls to walk with a book on their head. I will have to look up some of the old movies but I think they may have a good idea - it would keep your posture upright, your stems would be more like a glide than a stomp and you certainly could not swing your arms. Anyone remember that??

Kate17

Oh yes, I remember it too. I used to try it, and I guess that it worked but I didn't practice enough. I'm still trying to get it--a feminine walk, that is--but I have a long way to go.

Miranda09
05-07-2009, 10:30 PM
I used to practice a lot... even have a few movies I did to critique my progress... looking back some are very funny!! lol

http://s130.photobucket.com/albums/p277/coalminerbabe/Girly%20Movies/

That's quite a collection of movies Karen. Very nice and thanks for sharing. :)

Joni Marie Cruz
05-07-2009, 10:42 PM
I had a friend, another t-girl, tell me that my girlwalk looked like I had learned it from the Ministry of Silly Walks. Yeah, the Monty Python skit. I talk to her now, but it took awhile.<lol>

Hugs...Joni Marie

sashay2323
05-07-2009, 11:28 PM
this is very interesting topocs for me to discuss as i have felt i need to learn like woman. i do practice watching all the video's online but there is no one to watch me and correct me if i m walking in right way

BarbiB
05-08-2009, 06:05 AM
I love this thread! After knee surgery and weight problems I have lost a ton of weight thru "jogging"..... Part of that routine has involved conditioning leg muscles, adapting to supportive shoes and learning to stride. I find it is not unlike learning to walk properly in heels. For me the magic has come from learning to keep the legs parallel being mindful of the hip movement (which does involve a bit of butt sway) and trying keep the weight on the balls of my feet..... I try and do this in everyday activities even when I am not working out. Man, I walk like a woman!

"Mary"
05-08-2009, 07:33 AM
Walking out in the open is tough. I'm much more comfortable , when I can carry something, amble, dawdle browsing a shelf or something, besides moving straight a head.

I tried to work on this last week. http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106222 (This has my recent videos)

Slow down, take small steps.
Head up, shoulders back, chest out.
Elbows in, wrists out a bit.
Don't over do the cross over stepping.
Do straighten your leg fully with each step.
Women glide along as if being pulled by a string on their sternum.
If you do wiggle your hips, make sure it is isolated to the hips and your shoulders don't jut to and fro as well. (Try holding a "broom stick" or whatever out in front of you (Think cross-checking) while you walk.

Rock on girls.