PDA

View Full Version : My mom christened me in a dress!

emmicd
07-02-2005, 10:49 PM
I know this question has been asked probabaly many times over and in diferent ways but I will ask it anyway.

Do you think cross dressers like tg/ts are born predisposed to cross dressing like tg/ts are born feeling trapped and feel they are female rather than male or do they just gravitate to cross dressing for unknown reasons?

I've been trying to figure this out. One thing I said in previous posts is that my earliest recollection of cross dressing was when I was 5.

I actually forgot to mention that my Mom who I love dearly, may she rest in peace, had me christened in a dress!

That was my earliest tie to cross dressing.

Emmi

emmicd
07-03-2005, 01:54 AM
I'm not an expert in psychology but I do know something about cd/tg. My personal opinion is that I do believe I was born predisposed to cross dressing. I can't explain why but that is what I believe.

I know I did not make this choice on a whim. I never woke up one day and said:

"You know what, I think I'm going to complicate my life and start wearing dresses and for starters I'll try on my mother's and sister's clothes first!" ;

Then I'll keep it a big secret;

Only dress at home when no one is around;

Never tell a sole;

Always live in fear that someone will find out;

Go out and shop for bras and panties and sexy dresses while my buddies go out and buy a sweat shirt;

Get married and raise a family and purge all my clothes and pretend it never happened;

Get cranky on occasion and then go out and start a new wardrobe;

Hide all my dresses in the trunk of my car cause I'm afraid what my wife will say;

And then put on a dress with bra, panties and panty hose when no one is around because it just makes me feel so good!

Yes I am convinced I was born to dress up. I did not make this choice on my own!

Emmi

Tristen Cox
07-03-2005, 02:08 AM
Sounds about right to me:) I don't think anyone in their right mind would chose to do this and take on the burdens just for the hell of it. Some may start late in life, but most likely that is something that has long been repressed and denied. And it doesn't just go away either. I don't think it's something that ever goes away.

Just my thoughts

ronni
07-03-2005, 05:14 AM
I think it's an acquired taste...
plenty of boys were christened in dresses, it was the way it was done.
Do have a picture?

karen marie
07-03-2005, 06:51 AM
definetly predisposed.it has to be a matter of genetics.
i didn't wake up one day and decide,gee,i'd rather shave
my legs and put on makeup than play baseball!!!coming from
a supportive and encouraging home life can sometimes mask
and confuse the reasons i do this.i know that i have always
related to and identified with girls.it's just who i am,and i wouldn't
change it for anything.love and be happy with who you are.
hugs,karen.

emmicd
07-03-2005, 09:28 AM
Thanks for your responses! I hope to hear from more of you girls regarding this.

Emmi

CharleneCD
07-03-2005, 10:17 AM
Some may start late in life, but most likely that is something that has long been repressed and denied.
Just my thoughts

That describes me perfectly. Wouldnt pierce my ears or get caught dead in anything resembling pink. had to be manly.

Kimberly
07-03-2005, 10:35 AM
Predisposed for me!! :)

I've ALWAYS been like this... always.

My earliest CD experience is at 3, when we played dress up and I dressed up in female clothes :p

Jenny Beth
07-03-2005, 10:38 AM
Well I was christened in a dress but I hardly think that got me started. No, I was one of those who started late in life after years of wondering why I found feminine things so interesting. I hid these thoughts extremely well.

Lisa Maren
07-03-2005, 12:59 PM
Hi everyone

Know what? I think the genetic theory is more than plausible. All of life has a built in ability to change via genetic mutation (maybe modification would be a more flattering term). The ability is what made evolution possible and it's why were here. It's why we evolved from being lowly simians to humanoids and finally humans. There have also been negative examples of this (of which we are not one): down syndrome results from an extra chromosome etc. It seems clear that our chromosomes are not immune to changes, both positive like us and negative like others.

Isn't it just so easily possible that either parent's sperm or egg factory was trying to make an X but ended up producing something between an X and a Y instead? It might even be possible that unless you have a fully developed X chromosome it will test as a Y. Just a postulation there, I admit, but the most famous breakthroughs in all of scientific history began as mere postulation.

The hormone wash theory does seem a good one, too. After all, I was born with the umbilical cord wrapped around my neck. I wasn't crying when I came out and if I had been born a minute later I wouldn't be here. If I couldn't get oxygen to my brain via my blood, then it makes all the sense in the world that I couldn't get testosterone up there either. The timing is what will make or break that possibility for me, personally. In my case the necessary testosterone rush would have to have taken place after the blood flow to my head was pretty well cut off.

Here's another thought: How much do we know about whether hormones in the father affect sperm production. That is to say, if a man's testosterone is at a decreased level for whatever reason, is he more likely to make a X sperm than a Y sperm? And, once again, could this cause a "hybrid" to form, something between X and Y as I suggested above?

Hugs,
Lisa

Tristen Cox
07-03-2005, 01:37 PM
That describes me perfectly. Wouldnt pierce my ears or get caught dead in anything resembling pink. had to be manly.
Well you've certainly taken a liking to pink now :D ;)

StephanieCD
07-03-2005, 03:58 PM
5 years old - my first memory is of me being 5 and sneaking in to try on a pair of my mom's undies. I put my foot in a pair of nylons, too. After that, on other young occasions, I remember going through her closet... painting my toenails. All kinds of stuff. All way too young to blame it anything but predisposition.

JoAnnDallas
07-03-2005, 04:26 PM
See my other reply to the post ...Could it be in the wash...

CindyT
07-03-2005, 04:45 PM
I don't think I was cristened in a dress BUT, I know my mother really wanted a girl when I was born. I too have had the urge since an early age and I share most all of your thoughts exactly!

CharleneCD
07-03-2005, 06:21 PM
Well you've certainly taken a liking to pink now :D ;)

Who, me? Oh no not me> :whistling It wasnt me who spent $60 on pierced earings Friday either. :D

avril
07-03-2005, 07:33 PM
i two was in a dress when christened.

mabey when blessed by god he made a mistake for those who were in dresses and gg's. JKZ! :D o well.

MisterMissy
07-03-2005, 09:53 PM
envelope, please,
Emmi wins this one for the youngest dressed:

"How old were you when you started and who's clothes? "

At least she had her own clothes and didn't have to swipe somebody's

DanaJ
07-03-2005, 10:00 PM
Ummm - I thought this was standard clothing for all who are christened, aren't they called christening gowns? And that applies to both boys and girls?

Here's a link for boys christening gowns: http://www.theperfectpear.com/boygowns.asp

DanaJ

Abraxas
07-04-2005, 01:47 AM
Yeah, definitely pre-disposed.
My cousin told me that when we were little kids we used to play games and I'd always be the boy in whatever game we were playing. I was probably about 5 at the time.
If you read my paper in the FTM forum there's a few theories on the cause of transgenderism.

emmicd
07-04-2005, 08:36 PM
Abraxas,

I'm glad you chimed in on our forum. You're comments are always welcome! I guess you can understand our dilemma even though you're coming from the flip side. It seems there are a lot more mtf cross dressers/tg than ftm cd/tg. Most GGs can dress as they please so I'm not sure if cross dressing really applies.

For me as I stated earlier I feel I was predisposed to wearing feminine clothing since I've been doing it since I was very young. I see regarding your situation you to feel that you were predisposed at a young age as well.

I was always jealous of feminine girls and always wanted to wear pretty clothes like they were wearing. I guess I wanted to be a girl like them.

I am a guy in all respects, married with a son. I'm a good husband and father but I have this need to be in touch with my femme side by dressing on occasion. I'm not trying to hurt anyone but I should be able to express this side from time to time and be smart about how I do it. I know my place and am not upset that I'm a guy. I just wish to dress up sometimes.

Anyway, Look forward to hearing from you more and Good Luck!

Emmi

DonnaT
07-05-2005, 03:35 PM
I believe in the gene/hormonal wash theory also. Having 4 brothers and no sisters, and all of us being nurtured nearly the same, tends to obviate the nurture theory for me.