PDA

View Full Version : Have you accidently run into your fem. self?

suchacutie
05-08-2009, 11:05 AM
I'm one of us who is still not sure that my fem. self would be able to move in the real world with comfort. I stress over all the details and find all kinds of things that need "fixing"! Then, this morning, I ran into myself::::

I was in Starbucks...the line was long and everyone took forever to decide/explain what they wanted. I was dealing with my money and when done with that I suddenly realized that the woman in front of me was my height, my build, my age...virtually me. I suddenly became very interested to see how she was dressed, accessoried, made up...all of it. I looked at her nails, her toes, her top, her long necklace, the flex-nails on her fingers....

Then I started to realize that her fingers were not that small, her toes were painted but a bit larger, as was her shoe size, and just at that point she stepped up to the counter and ordered...and the resonant cavity was not totally removed from "her" voice. I almost dropped my money. All the "clues" of her outward actions were feminine, especially the smile. Great smile. She was clearly very used to being feminine and that surity made her feminine. No one questioned that fact in the slightest.

As we waited for our orders, since we had to wait for a time, she and I started commenting on the unusual wait and we had a 90 second conversation. I learned a lot:

What everyone has said here over and over again is clearly true in that confidence makes such a difference. This was just another day for her and she was getting some coffee for her ride to the airport. The outward appearance, the smile, the smoothness, the clear attitude that this was no big deal, that she knew how to use a purse, etc said she was clearly feminine, regardless of her gender.

And yes, it is possible that she was a woman, but that doesn't really change the experience. She was the spitting image of me, with even a lower voice than my fem. voice. I could have easily been wearing what she was and acting as she was, as long as I had the nerve act as if it were no big deal. The experience drove home the point that we certainly do need to know the details and to be comfortable with those details of acting as a woman would, but once those have been accomplished, it's all in the attitude. I was so impressed!!

Have any of you run into your feminine "self" in public?

tina

sissystephanie
05-08-2009, 11:37 AM
I have never had the pleasure on running into my feminine "self," but would like to.

One thing I definitely agree with is the need for confidence and attitude. Although I certainly don't look feminine without a wig and makeup, I still go out in publc dressed. My attitude is that I don't care what people think about what I wear! I am confident in who I am!

eastbaymm
05-08-2009, 11:42 AM
Strange encounter! Was Rod Serling at the other end of the counter?

-- Randy

leesametz
05-08-2009, 12:28 PM
no but i poked her in the eye once putting on mascara...

that ruined my entire night and i had to strip off all of the rest of the make up and put an ice pack on the eye...

Denise01
05-08-2009, 12:34 PM
I have never ran into my twin as to say, but a couple of years ago I was attending a TG conference.

Was chatting with one of the girls and here SO. The SO said to the girl i was chatting with, If I did not know better she would be a twin to my sister in law

Denise

Patricia1
05-08-2009, 01:05 PM
Have any of you run into your feminine "self" in public?

tina

Not like you have, but your epiphany should be encouraging to everyone here who doubts themselves. In short, act as your feminine "self" in public would and confidence should carry the day, that and some good foundation.

Joni Marie Cruz
05-08-2009, 01:53 PM
What an interesting encounter, Tina, and I must agree with you that more than anything, clothes, makeup, deportment, etc, it's confidence that will carry you through. It's the skulking around behind the potted palms that'll get you read quicker than anything.

If I ran into my doppelganger I'm afraid I would have to offer her my condolences.

Hugs...Joni Marie

suchacutie
05-08-2009, 01:57 PM
Stephanie, it was so wonderful to experience the normalcy of the situation!

Eastbay, I could almost hear the Twilight Zone theme...spooky but great!

oooo, Leesa, I can feel my eye twinge as I read your reply ....ouch :(.

Denise, you were clearly comfortable with yourself to be compared with a GG! fantastic!

Patricia, that's why I had to write about the experience. It was just startlingly positive and I couldn't keep it to myself.

It's hours later and I still find it amazing. Since she was off to the airport in a car with a different state's plate, I'm sure it was a one-time thing. Just fate!

tina

vikki2020
05-08-2009, 02:01 PM
Practice. Practice. Practice! The old adage holds true.The more your out there, the easier it gets,and the more natural you feel.The trade-off, and there are some other threads on this, is that you do loose that "thrill" of being out dressed, the heart doesn't race like it used to!
As for running into me-- yeah, if I see a gg my size, especially an athletic girl with a strong looking back and shoulders, I always check out how her clothes fit her,and what style she's wearing.I have to be careful if I'm with my wife, because this really ticks her off!

Sally2005
05-08-2009, 02:12 PM
Never ran in to myself, but someone on this forum once told me I looked like someone they knew. I have looked around thinking I could find someone to immitate and somehow never really found a match, except if you look closely many woman, as you say, many have non-feminine features. But they carry themselves a certain way and it all works. The trick is to do that and I think confidence is a huge part of it...you don't see too many woman looking shocked or without a smile when anyone talks to them (they may compalin about it later though).

Toni_Lynn
05-08-2009, 07:47 PM
Sort of. There are time that I see girls that I'd like to look like, that I can imagine myself looking like them. I close my eyes and imagine that I look just like they do. Its a great daydreamy pleasure. Generally the girls are either tomboys with short hair and cute boy-ish looks or are kinda free-spirity girly girls.

Today -- for example -- I was walking to the post office at lunch and saw a girl with they exact same purse that I was carrying. For a moment I stopped and imagined that I was looking at myself.

It felt soooooooo good inside.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Kate Simmons
05-09-2009, 05:52 AM
Nope but if I did it's my understanding that one of two things would happen. Either it would be the end of time and space as we know it or we would both simply faint.:)

Toni_Lynn
05-09-2009, 07:26 AM
I typed my last post in a bit of a hurry last night, but I forgot to mention one thing. My wife says that she is a female version of me and that I am a male version of her, because we are alike in so many ways.

To that end it goes into some stories that I wrote years ago under a pen name. I've mentioned them before -- they are a series -- called The Amy Series -- and are a crossdressing girl (f2m) meets crossdressing boy and they find each other in each other. I have yet to write the final chapter where they get married, just as my sweetie and I did.

When I first started dating my wife and came out to her, I let her read the stories and she said 'I so want to be that girl our stories.' The rest is crossdressing 'happily ever after'.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Daintre
05-09-2009, 08:39 AM
I actually have run into my fem self, I was looking at some pictures of me with my new shorty wig and did a double take when I saw my sister in the picture. I grabbed some other pictures of her and the body shape and facial features are so close. I was pleasantly surprised.

Carly D.
05-09-2009, 09:02 AM
This is really an interesting thread,,, I can't say that I have run into one of me but that I have seen parts of me in different women.. sort of a best of CD on several different women..

Scotty
05-09-2009, 09:14 AM
I was in the bank many years ago and saw a gal in a brown flowery skirt, blonde, tall (Probably 5'10), and it was as ifI was looking into a femme mirror.
We both caught eachothers eye and smiled and said Hi - not like a crush or a liking, but a likening - probably right about the time I figured out that I was more femme than male - back when I lived alone, had no SO, and started wearing femme clothes in my house.

I dressed like her once and stood in the mirror - but this was before digital cameras and I did not want a photograph.

It was one of those fascinating experiences that you will never forget.

If this were twilight zone and it was a gender changing mirror - I was looking into it.

Deborah Jane
05-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Not on a one to one basis, but there seem to be Deb's everywhere at Lakeside Shopping Centre in Essex :D

suchacutie
05-09-2009, 02:54 PM
Thank you everyone for sharing some of these almost surreal encounters. I've had a day to think about this whole experience and since Tina is a reletivley new part of my life, I can pretty much remember the bits and pieces of putting her "look" together, along with how she acts, moves, and talks.

As a number of people have said here, to suddenly be looking at a live version, and one that for all intents and purposes appeared to be a 24/7 M2F, made me a bit numb. And then to find my self in a conversation with her...

How did arianna put the...the end of time and space as we know it! And Deb, if I had them showing up all the time, omg! :)

tina

Tyler_D
05-09-2009, 04:01 PM
My best male friend told me that I look like his sister when I'm dressed up and it started quite a joke.

Other than that, I met a woman who had the same name as my drag name and was totally wearing what I usually wear when I go out. It wasn't an epiphany for me, I was more annoyed than anything. I was with ppl from work and it gave me an huge crave to CD. Friends of mine saying that she was hot and all, just added insult to injury. I just couldn't say "I know, I look like that too when I dress up".

Reality check in some way... seeing your reflection might give you a peek of what ppl think when they look at you.

Rachel Morley
05-09-2009, 05:25 PM
I cant say that I have run into femme myself during the course of my life, but I did find your account of events very refreshing to read. I'm going to assume she was a TS woman or a very passable CD.

I've been working on my attitude with regard to my confidence level when out and about in public en femme (sometimes I still feel a bit shy about the possibility of being read) and again it's a confidence thing, except you can't pretend to be confident, you can't tell yourself that you're a confident person if you're not, you either are confident or you aren't. It's just something that one day just "clicks" and you're there, but for me, it takes a lot of reiterating the correct thought process to really make it sink in, and your post has helped me with that - thanks!

Kaz
05-11-2009, 04:23 PM
I actually have run into my fem self, I was looking at some pictures of me with my new shorty wig and did a double take when I saw my sister in the picture. I grabbed some other pictures of her and the body shape and facial features are so close. I was pleasantly surprised.

I am so there! And I agree with the basic thread... it is about confidence and understanding. This is a strange journey we are on... it is good that we can share our experiences...:hugs:

suchacutie
05-12-2009, 02:38 PM
Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences. I wasn't ready for looking into that real and live mirror and now I wish it would happen again! It's so nice to hear that we all do a bit of a double-take, but come away more confident in who we can be with a bit of practice, knowledge, and confidence!

tina

cindym5_04
05-12-2009, 03:20 PM
Never ran in to myself, but someone on this forum once told me I looked like someone they knew.

Yep that was me that said that. I had said that you looked like one of my ex-girlfriends, but more attractive.

I haven't run into my fem-self anywhere. I think that would be kind of weird.

linnea
05-12-2009, 06:24 PM
I haven't had quite the experience that you've described, but whenever I see women who are close to my size (quite large), I try to see all the details of their choices in shoes, skirts, dresses, accessories, everything. It's encouraging, but I wish that I were bold enough to get to know them. I could use some GG friends who are "big girls."

Kristen Kelly
05-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Practice. Practice. Practice! The old adage holds true.The more your out there, the easier it gets,and the more natural you feel.The trade-off, and there are some other threads on this, is that you do loose that "thrill" of being out dressed, the heart doesn't race like it used to!
As for running into me-- yeah, if I see a gg my size, especially an athletic girl with a strong looking back and shoulders, I always check out how her clothes fit her,and what style she's wearing.I have to be careful if I'm with my wife, because this really ticks her off!

The more your out there, the easier it gets,and the more natural you feel. The thrill isn't gone just the fast beating heart and lump in my throat. Another vote that confidence will take you far, I blend well, act like I belong where I am, because I do. If you study me well, at 5' 11" and big boned, I don't pass, but dressed like all the other GG's out there, my mannerisms being feminine I sneak under the radar, and if I get read don't care. I have a GG friend for over 20 years and we are EXACTLY the same size down to the shoes, I always wondered if that might have been one of the reasons I chose to be such a close friend. We are such good friends that I didn't have to tell her, with all the changes I had made in myself growing out my hair, thinned eye brows small hoops earrings in both ears all the time, one day she just asked, "What do you want to be a girl?" When I told her yes and showed her my closet that opened a new page for me, she borrows my clothes and I get to see how my clothes look on someone built like me. In fact when we are out shopping together many times she has said, "Buy this so I can borrow it."