PDA

View Full Version : please help!

Shaved legs all day!
05-08-2009, 04:14 PM
How do I tell my family (mom and dad) that I want to crossdress.I have when I was like three or four and I got spanked and they took me to counseling.I want to do this I am sure of it.

Tal'Aura
05-08-2009, 04:27 PM
Jolan Tru,

If you want to be sure of things going well then don't tell them that. It's very simple. You can easily tell them the truth at later stages of your life, i.e. when you move out and when you become independent, but you CANNOT undo the disaster if you tell something prematurely. Someone might say 'truth is the best policy' ,but I personally think that is pathetic junk. Just stay quiet, sharp, careful and remember to hide your stash properly.

DonnaT
05-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Depends, how old are you?

az_azeel
05-08-2009, 04:35 PM
How do I tell my family (mom and dad) that I want to crossdress.I have when I was like three or four and I got spanked and they took me to counseling.I want to do this I am sure of it.

Hi there... first of all welcome.. a few more details might help us to understand your situation..

is there a need to tell your mom and dad ?
are you still living at home ?
do you have a partner ?
do you cross dress now ?

just a few thoughts... im sure there are a lot more but trying not to overwhelm you

Shaved legs all day!
05-08-2009, 05:11 PM
I am a male and need to tell my parents I cross dress still live with them.No partner,I do cross dress but I don`t on any clothes I borrow my mom`s stuff how do I tell them and any recommendations on clothes?:brolleyes:

KatGreene
05-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Your parents took you for counselling when you were four years old for that?! :O I'm sorry for not being able to retain my shock, but children will be children, surely?

Anyway, welcome honey. This is the best place for advice. (Mainly on crossdressing, but I hear it doubles up as a motor forum on the last Sunday of the month...).

My only advice, until we know a little more about you, is to remember to be true to yourself. You lead your life and only you know what you truly want. :)

Please stick around. :)

linnea
05-08-2009, 05:29 PM
I think that I want more information before I give any advice on this. One of my questions is "how old are you?" If you are still living at home and dependent on your parents, and if you know that they have misgivings about crossdressing (as apparently they do), you should be careful.
Do you have anyone else, a very responsible party (an aunt or other close relative) in whom you could confide and seek advice? Doing so might be wise.
I'm sorry to be so general and probably vague. I wish that I could give you a firm, reliable answer, but I can't.
Good luck and best wishes.

Presh GG
05-08-2009, 10:50 PM
Perhaps , if it's still available , you could give them christinedreamers book?

That could open lines of communication and allay some of their fears.

springtime

Miranda09
05-08-2009, 11:07 PM
Hun, I don't think it would be wise to drop this on your parents now. Especially after the therapy treatment at age 4!! Just be patient and discrete till you move out. Then spend some time with yourself before letting anyone know. Tho your desire to tell them is there, I don't think the willingness to tell them is there yet.

Nicole Erin
05-08-2009, 11:14 PM
You will have to decide on a look.
Basically the best place to start is find a couple things from a thrift store, as the clothes there are cheapest so if you don't like it, you are not throwing away much money. However, it is hard to find anything decent at a thrift store. and also pay attention to women's fashion magazines and get an idea of what women your age and build are wearing. That is if you plan on going out dressed.

Or, if you wanted to dress strictly for fun, find whatever you think is sexy.

You know really, just getting started dressing can be kind of difficult, most of us had no idea what we were doing but learning is part of the fun...

The safest bet until you learn more - black is always flattering and goes with anything.

How to tell the parents? No need to, just start figuring out now where you are going to hide your femme things. Coming out happens later, if ever.

Mistybtm
05-08-2009, 11:24 PM
First place Get your own place ! If you can. ebay is the best place for me along along with roamans.com and Womanwithin.com . if you have to get a P.O. box.

Carly D.
05-09-2009, 09:42 AM
I am a male and need to tell my parents I cross dress still live with them.No partner,I do cross dress but I don`t on any clothes I borrow my mom`s stuff how do I tell them and any recommendations on clothes?:brolleyes:

First off, get your own clothes, it doesn't have to be a giant wardrobe.. just a single outfit you could wear from head to toe with all the trimmings (pantyhose or tights, a couple pair of panties, shoes and whatever else) and then after you get some of your own clothes you might be more convincing that you want to dress this way and not just want to ransack moms clothes every whenever you feel like doing this (dressing up). if you own your own clothes you will know also how important it is to take care of them.. and if that includes hiding them then that is part of cross dressing believe it or not.. at least until you are old enough to do it and be serious about it.. how old is that, you might ask.. beats me, I'm early forties and still don't know what I want or for that matter I'm still in the closet.. go ahead and tell mom and dad about your desire to wear these clothes if you wish, but just remember once you tell you can't go back.. "once the genie is out of the bottle..." it's why I don't tell, once you tell you can't erase it.. life is permanent, there are no takebacks or do overs...

Joanne f
05-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Hello Shaved legs nice to see you here.
At the moment i would agree with Jolan and keep it quite as living with your parents they could make it quite uncomfortable for you unless you think that they might be a bit more supportive now you are older.
But i have to say that you borrowing you mothers clothes is a big no as she is likely to go ballistic if she finds out which she will if you told them but had no clothes to show them .

Tina B.
05-09-2009, 08:42 PM
If you tell your parents, it could lead to way more drama than you are ready for. You think you want to dress, or you dress, you need to know your own mind before you talk to anyone.
At around 6 years old my father caught me, in a stern voice I was told to, "never do it again", it didn't help me stop, but I never let him catch me again, and I didn't have to do therapy. What makes you think they would take it any better this time? They can still find people out there that would love to "cure" you. I know sometimes we just want to be ourselves, but sometimes don't ask, don't tell makes life much easier. Once you are out on your own, then if you feel the need to share this with your parents, then you will have a lot less to lose.
Tina
Good luck what ever you decide to do!

Melinda G
05-10-2009, 12:04 PM
First get your own place. Then buy your own clothes. A lot of Wal-Marts have self checkouts. Not the greatest clothes, but it's a start.
As you get older, you may appreciate an occasional spanking.:D