PDA

View Full Version : so why have u all chosesen to stay on this site

Shining Star
07-03-2005, 01:32 AM
so why have you all chosesen to stay on this site. for me it is the only place where i can be myself . in the real world i am 1 of those lower class people who get picked on alot

Ps i have to give some credit to tristen for some help with this thread

Clare
07-03-2005, 01:39 AM
Each member in this forum is here because of their own reasons.

For me, it is the ability to communicate about crossdressing issues that i have had to keep to myself for nearly 30 years!

it is also a way for me to have emotional friendships as opposed to my real world friends for whom my life is completely different to the one i express in this forum.

In fact, my very first posts were about my wife leaving me and its immediate consequences, so its not always about crossdressing either.

I have found acceptance here and although i do not always agree with other posts, i recognise that the same applies to me and that we are generally all here for the same basic reason - and that's what is important afterall!

Christine

Tristen Cox
07-03-2005, 01:57 AM
Things here have certainly changed a whole lot since I joined. There weren't nearly as many people or posts but I saw a world in here I hadn't known really existed. I gave it a go and tried to understand things from other people's points of view. The more I read the more I found I belonged when I had almost thought I didn't belong anywhere. I stayed because I found common bonds between these people and myself. A little place for us to say and do and be free as we wanted to be. It's only become better and better since then and I am honored to be amongst such fine people. :hugs:

Ps: You're welcome Jessica ;)

nikki
07-03-2005, 03:58 AM
I've stayed because there is always something in everyday posts that you can relate to and for years and years i thought i was alone.Whether it's makeup,clothes or personal problems there is always an answer or a good piece of advice.

Like Shining Star i have think i've found a place to feel comfortable.I don't post a lot but i'm so grateful you are all here.

Nikki

mand
07-03-2005, 04:47 AM
Hello Star .............firstly you are not a "lower class person", get rid of that idea. I always read you're posts and I reckon you are a uniqiue, sensitive and caring individual :), as for those who pick on you they are just ignorant and uncaring .......so "stuff em" ;)

Ok "why do I chose to stay on this site"?....................Simple I have made alot of friends on here and I do value that greatly, talking of which I must have a day of letter writting to reply to Emails and pm's, I have been very busy just lately and have neglected to keep in contact :o .

love mand xxx

malecynthia
07-03-2005, 05:24 AM
I like reading all the messages and although not a frequent poster myself, have always felt that people just accept me for who I am, even if that is not the same as others.
I like wearing ladies clothes from time to time simply for the feel of them and also because I get a thrill from doing something "forbidden" by society. I have never felt that I am a female trapped in a male body, but have never felt an outsider on this site because of that.
Nobody seems bothered that I crossdress purely for the kicks it gives me, and that I'm not as serious about the subject as many people are.
Thanks to you all for just taking me at face value.
Cynthia.

Amelie
07-03-2005, 05:24 AM
At first, I came here out of boredom. Now I've met some nice people, OK the questions on this forum can be sillly, as if they were asked by a ten year old.

Well,,,,maybe it's because I'm still bored.

Jonien
07-03-2005, 05:56 AM
I came across this site just by chance and yes I have heard of transsexuals but I did't know much I was just me, on my own not nowing that there wear others like me and had to keep it to myself locked away to the world for soooooooooooooooooooooo many years scared that One slip and them men in there white coats will come and take me away. yes it's true I did belive this for many years,
I have found a home no white coats but friend that are willing to help and understand what most of us have been through. I cannot thank my friend enough that have helped me through the bad times, leave this site NO WAY

karen marie
07-03-2005, 06:23 AM
this is an awesome site.
the best thing about it is that no one here is judgemental.
everyone is accepted for who they are,no mateer what level of
cding they're into.my wife and i belonged to a group a few years
ago.it started out really nice,but several of the members became
very cliquish and critical of others, who to them didn't fit a certain
profile. it really turned us off.this is the best place to be. love you all.
hugs,karen.

Wendy me
07-03-2005, 07:13 AM
star i only hope that you get as mutch enjoyment out of posting theise threads as i do reading them and responding to them...for me i found the best place on the whole web . the freinds and experences that i have had are just out of all i thought was possable ....before i found this place well to get a idear look at this.....http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6295

good thread keep them comming....

Tamara Croft
07-03-2005, 09:25 AM
It's addictive :D I stay because of the many great friends I have and the help this site gave me to understand crossdressing.

:hugs: to you Jessica.... it's not nice being picked on.... they are just :loser: you are worth a million x a million of them!!!!

uknowhoo
07-03-2005, 09:26 AM
Finding this forum and the wonderful comraderie and sisterhood we share here is truly a blessing for me. Like so many, I had felt so isolated, weird...a fish out of water before coming here. Sharing thoughts, experiences and fun with the rest of you is so heartwarming and validating. I am truly thankful for all of you.

And a special thanks as well to Tristen and the rest of you whose tireless effort and dedication make it all possible.

Oh yeah, the I really like the the chips w/mango salsa here too.

jo_ann
07-03-2005, 09:34 AM
I've been on a transgender chatroom on IRC probably since 1996, and it just got less and less exciting (people stopped popping in, people who are in aren't really talking).. I just don't think chatrooms work too well anymore because people are busy these days. A forum is perfect because you can post something, comeback a day later and see what feedback you can get. I only come to THIS forum because it seems to be the biggest one (can barely keep up).

Jenny Beth
07-03-2005, 10:03 AM
This site is like no other, it's the first thing I read with my morning coffee and the last thing I check at night. I don't post a lot, there is way too much to keep track of. And that's the beauty of this site, there are so many views and each of us has something important we feel we need to tell others to help ease their concerns or help us with our own. There are some very serious issues discussed here and some very light hearted ones. There is laughter, there are tears, we are a family. Where else could I go?

polly1949er
07-03-2005, 10:03 AM
It has help me to understand alot about crossdreasers and i really enjoy going on the sight and reading what you girles write andi look forward to it and I still have a lot things that i dont unders stand but I know in time I can ask for advice from any of my sistrs on here so thank you girls so much I was lost until I met you all , thanks agian polly :thumbsup:

CharleneCD
07-03-2005, 10:11 AM
I stay and keep coming here for several reasons. First and formost are all the wonderful gals here that I have come to know and love. Without all of your support and help I would not be as comfortable with who I am.
Second this site has class. I have recently checked out another site with less restrictions on pictures and links. Bunny made sure to let me know how displeased she was about some of the content posted. Had that been the first site I had found, she might not have been so supportive of my dressing.

Julie
07-03-2005, 10:22 AM
For me it was initially being committed to making this the best TG forum on the Internet. I saw possibilities here I didn't see elsewhere but I felt it needed some monitoring, as it had no moderators back then. So I volunteered and became a moderator. It was tough being the only moderator but I believed in the potential this forum had. Then, when I was struggling with things at home, Tristen stepped up to offer her help and it's been smooth sailing ever since. What a lovely lady she is! Ever since then I have seen her as family. :thumbsup: I truly love her.

Olivia
07-03-2005, 10:29 AM
Star, this site has been like a life-saver to me. I stay because of all the support, advice, love and encouragment that people receive here. It's a community of like-minded individuals; a place where I can talk to others like me, a place where I have friends (i hope!) who accept me as I am and also who can relate to me as Olivia. I have several, very longterm friends who know about my cding but none of them relate to me as Olivia; I will always be "him" to those friends. Here, I can be the "real" me, and here I find the help to keep evolving as the person I want to be. I told my wife just yesterday, that I feel I know some of you, that I care about your problems and I get involved in your stories. If that doesn't sound like what friends do, then what does? Later,and thanks for asking, Olivia

Priscilla1018
07-03-2005, 10:31 AM
Hi Star,

You are a wonderful sister,don't let the others in the world change you,your first class to me.I stay here because it is home,I have met some great friends here and am seldom judged by others.I like to feel that I have contributed in a small way and have helped some of my sisters.

Kimberly
07-03-2005, 10:33 AM
My reason:

All you girls are really cool, and are very supportive. Thank you! :)

tifftg
07-03-2005, 12:21 PM
All the girls approach their involvement with class and style. There is a lot of support and very often helpful approaches that many of us have dealt with for years. I have been recommending this site to my therapist, she specailizes in gender issues and it is helpful to the girls here.

Thanks julie and tristen for your hard work making this possible.

tiff

Elinor
07-03-2005, 12:33 PM
I have forgoten how I got to be here.
Its where Elinor can slip into a skirt and be herself.
Where I meet others like myself and where I know I'm not alone.
Its also where a girl can get help and advice and to learn that others feel and have shared my experiences too.

This is also a place to encourage me to be the woman I wish to be if only for a night. One Day who knows I may step out as Elinor to a CD night.
My feminine side has freedom to excist. Here its not a secret here I have girlfriends, sisters like me.

Kaye_martin
07-03-2005, 12:36 PM
Well I just like it! I visit as often as I can, post not so often, and usually not at great length. Looks like I've done it again :)

kaye_martin

kymmieLorain
07-03-2005, 12:42 PM
This site is a place where I can be and express myself without fear. I came meet other with my same addiction and ideas. ask questions and get answers without feeling strange.

Kymmie

StephanieCD
07-03-2005, 04:00 PM
Just talking with all of you makes me feel like part of a group. All my life I've tried to fit in with different people, trying to find 'my kind'. And those kinds have varied widely. Here, I don't give a damn who any of you are in 'real' life or what you'd think of me in a bar - I know we all feel many of the same things that set me apart from everyone else.

It's nice to belong.

Cissy Suzie
07-03-2005, 05:45 PM
I guess I come here because it is a place where I can let Suzie get out a bit and show her face and not feel like some kind of freak?

This is also the first crossdresser forum I have found that isn't like just completely obsessed and taken over by "Trolls?"

Like aren't they supposed to live under bridges and eat raw goat meat or somehthing disgusting like that? Ewwww !!!!

I like this forum!

Olivia
07-03-2005, 07:47 PM
lol

I'll probably take up crochet, or maybe take a long walk off a short pier. lol

Amelie, take up the crocheting, please. You'll probably enjoy it more in the long run, lol. Later, Olivia

Katie Ashe
07-05-2005, 10:16 AM
Simple... I'm accepted as Katie Ashe. Not treated like a fairy in a dress. Besides, I may post too much, but, I like the people here, friendly and none hostile. As long as I mind my manners all seems good here for me. It's your support which gives me strength to accept whom I am.

:hugs: Katie

JoAnnDallas
07-05-2005, 10:22 AM
Since I found this site, I have gained conferdence, pride, and over come fears. It has been the encouragment, freindship, and helpfullness that I have found here, that allowed me to face my fears and finially after almost 40 years do the one thing I have always fantized about. going out in public, all dressed up.

I wish this site had been around 20 years ago.

michellej
07-05-2005, 01:00 PM
This site is beautiful. I feel so much at home here. I am with people that are the same, and if not the same, alike.

Marla GG
07-05-2005, 01:40 PM
Oh, so many reasons.

First, why do I want to belong to a CD forum at all? Well, you all know how nice it feels to be able to relax and express yourself, have understanding people to talk to, and get support when you need it. Wives of CDs are often just as isolated as their husbands...in my case I don't know anyone in real life who would be supportive if I told them that I like and prefer to be with a partner who crossdresses. Here though, there are both CDs and other GGs who understand me. Yippee!

Now, why this forum in particular? I've lurked and sometimes posted elsewhere over the last several years but never found a good "home" until now. This forum has so much going for it.

First, it's extremely well moderated. The mods in my opinion have found the perfect balance of allowing freedom of expression while at the same time having zero tolerance for trolls and phonies. I know it must be a lot of work for them and I really appreciate what they do.

Next, I love the broad range of different perspectives offered here. Some forums seem to frown on part-time or partial CDs, for example, whereas this one welcomes them. I feel we have a good representation of the many different feelings and motivations that come with CDing, and I find it interesting. I also like the international scope of the site, with members from all the English speaking countries and a few non-English speaking countries as well. It's like a mini UN around here :)

I also love that there so many of you here who seem to have accepting and encouraging partners. I prefer this site to any of the SO support groups out there, because here I can freely talk about my enthusiasm for CDing, whereas in the support groups there are too many wives and girlfriends who are still in the "shocked, hurt, and betrayed" stages and they frankly wouldn't appreciate me telling them how much fun I'm having. Don't get me wrong, I am more than happy to talk to them about their feelings and help them in any way I can, but they are in a different place from me so I have to be sensitive to that. It's nice that I can be myself here.

Finally, there is so much going on here! As others have said, I can barely keep up. I don't read every thread, only the ones that interest me. But I can always find something good to read, every day. It's awesome.

emmicd
07-05-2005, 10:15 PM
It allows me to open up and not feel intimidated. I can freely discuss my cross dressing and seek support from understanding girls, both tg and gg.

I'm happy I found this site.

Thank you!

Emmi

Sindy
07-05-2005, 11:25 PM
After having online access for a few years now, I mostly have discovered sites where I did not feel that comfortable looking at. When I found this one, I knew that this was what I had been searching for. There are no people harrasing me to cyber with them, there are no so called tough males trying to belittle me to make up for their insecurites. I have found a forum where I know for a fact that I am not alone in the way I feel. Has it helped me understand why I am the way I am? No, it hasn't. Do I care? No, I just want to enjoy the way I am without the wondering of why. While I am not sure I will ever just dress in private, I do know for a fact that I only have one life to live. So I am not going to let the burden of trying to figure out why ruin it. I'm just going to enjoy the ride. The ride going to the mall this weekend and picking up a new outfit that is.