PDA

View Full Version : Do you shop for clothes with your wife or S/O? Tell us about it.

Veronica S
05-09-2009, 05:31 AM
Before my wife found out about my feminine side I thought that, as she has a very strong personality, she would never accept that part of me. However, it took a bit of time, but I was truly surprised at the level of acceptance that she has shown. So for those of you that haven't told your wife, her reaction may not be as bad as you think. Our kids are older now and we can get out to shop when ever we like.

Now when we go shopping together we'll pick out things we each would like to try on, and she'll even help me coordinate outfits and say 'try this...'. The sales staff assume that I'm picking things for her and if they hang around she tells them that we don't need any help. We know which stores have changing rooms big enough for both of us to try things on together, which can be pretty funny if its a bit of a squeeze, but some stores have good sized rooms. I'll wear neutral colored pantyhose, which go with most skirts and dresses, and we give each other the critical eye about fit and appearance. Even though she's a petite we can fit into some of the same sizes, so we can share some things. She doesn't like to shop alone and for me, being able to take an armload of skirts, tops etc to try without the sales staff batting an eye makes for some fun days.

Her sisters have mentioned numerous times how fortunate she is to have a husband that'll actually go shopping with her, as their mates wouldn't be caught dead in the summer skirt section of the local shops. Too bad for them.

Karren H
05-09-2009, 05:41 AM
NO!!! Her taste in womens clothing it terrible!! lol

Toni_Lynn
05-09-2009, 09:03 AM
Yep --we do. Usually when we go shopping we try to always buy stuff for each other. At the start of winter it was jammies and nighties. We like to buy matching ones.

Other times, I help my wife pick out nice tops and jeans, and she is always picking out skirts for me, or tops.

The best is of course when we buy bras and panties. I just love it when I pick up a bra that I like and she says 'Get it!'. It feels super good inside.

Other times, like at K Mart, I've gone into the change room with her to see how things work, that she's selected for herself, or that I've thought would look nice on her.

We do this a lot more at places like Goodwill and Value Village and Giant Tiger when we we are in Canada.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

suchacutie
05-09-2009, 11:42 AM
There really are three of us in the room all the time. We can be in the grocery store in the cosmetics aisle when the we stop to talk about this color eye shadow or that brand of mascara. In malls it ranges from jewelry to clothes. It's just such a natural part of existance now that the only time it is ambiguous is when I point out something nice and my wife asks if I mean it for her or Tina. The discussion of what Tina feels good wearing has be ongoing now for almost a year, so shopping has always been an interesting activity!

tina

Joni Marie Cruz
05-09-2009, 11:51 AM
My wife helps me pick out things and we shop together. Actually a lot of her input tends to be attempts to curb some of my wilder impulses, as in, "You're not really planning on wearing that out in public are you?" What's wrong with a 15" skirt anyway?

Hugs...Joni Marie

Tommie T.
05-09-2009, 12:02 PM
Over the last few months we shop together more and more.She helps me with color cocordination and styles.Sometimes I'm the one saying shh thinking someone might realize what we're buying is for me.She often holds up a skirt or blouse against me to check size.It's become a real hoot shopping with and for each other together.We catalog shop together in order to maximize specials and dicount coupons.Nowif she'll just start going out with me.

Tora
05-09-2009, 12:08 PM
Well sort of: I will buy her Nightgowns, panties. It is only fair that I get her something, when I am out. Sometimes the sales or cashier, will notice that there are two sizes, mixed. Yup, that is correct. Her slacks and tops are her choice, I will wait in the car.

Sherry-Stephanie
05-09-2009, 12:16 PM
We'll shop together at times and other times I do it solo....

However, her tastes and my tastes are different....but she'll guide me on what I might choose and say this won't work, but this will...but I'm getting to the point where I can more or less go at it on my own....

However, we haven't gone out together with me as Stephanie....talk about it but not sure it's going to happen....I think she's concerned if we were seen or ran into someone she know....we might have to go out together but shop individually like we didn't know each other and weren't with each other....

Samantha B L
05-09-2009, 12:17 PM
I had a part time girl freind in 1978 or 1979 who I shopped with for awhile and she gave me(I'll have to admit)a well deserved kick in the seat of the skirt when she told me to just go ahead and shop and stop trying to make excuses to the store employees about how the fem items are "for my Aunt,Mom,Sister,etc.". I mean she got mad at me and gave me the business about that. She told me to stop cowering back and telling her to tell the salespeople at the counter that the dress,hose,wig or whatever is for her! She also told me I didn't need nescesarily need anybody with me to shop so don't be chicken! We were close and probably still would be but she wasn't my SO.

I met my GG SO in 1969 and as we gradually became close to each other over the years I came out to her and she became my CD mentor. We shopped together all the time and we wore eachother's clothes. She died in 2005 and before she died she was going to have a house built and she was going to let me have my own guest bedroom with wall to wall mirrors and a makeup vanity and a big closet!

Joni Marie Cruz
05-09-2009, 12:31 PM
Samantha, is that a tear I see in the corner of your eye?

Hugs...Joni Marie

Bernadina
05-09-2009, 01:50 PM
My wife gets pissed off if I shop for clothes without her.

Kathi Lake
05-09-2009, 01:56 PM
NO!!! Her taste in womens clothing it terrible!! lolI'm kind of with Karren. My wife's taste in clothing isn't terrible - it's mine. She grew up on a farm, and made all of her own clothes (She's very good. She made her wedding gown and the bridesmaid's dresses. She would have made the tuxes if I had let her :)). As a result, her taste was kind of, . . . ordinary. She tells everyone that I have better taste in women's clothes than her. It's true. I usually go shopping with/for her. I've gotten her used to Talbots and other nice clothing stores.

My style is a bit younger and edgier, so I'm not sure if we could shop for me together.

Kathi

Sandra Dunn
05-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Sometimes we do, most times I go by myself. She perfers pants and I perfer dresses or skirts, maybe that's why when we had our wedding last June she wore the tux and I wore the dress.

Welcome little sister, HUGS Sandra

inquisitiv
05-09-2009, 07:35 PM
I often go shopping for clothes with my wife--but not the way you might think. I'm totally in the closet, even to her. The clothes are for her. But I obviously enjoy the time shopping together, even if it is frustrating at times! I like that outfit (for me!). It's especially hard with shoes, since we wear the same size now, and looking and handling "a few of my favorite things" drives me nuts, but I can't really show it. We especially like going to the Good Will store here. She has amassed a huge chic designer label wardrobe for a pittance, very many new with tags. I saw a gorgeous beaded sapphire blue gown with matching pumps the other month--my size not hers. Oh well.

Gabrielle Hermosa
05-09-2009, 07:51 PM
Yep. Sometimes my wife and I go out shopping together. My wife has great taste in clothes (or so I think) and her style is very close to the way I like to dress.

I've never shopped with her while en femme, but we get out together and look for things that might look good on Gabrielle. Of course, we look for things that might look good on Mrs. H. as well. She'll often try the clothes on in the store, which I something I can't do (not in guy-mode anyway). Got to wait until I get home to see what fits and what does not. Always fun to do a quick fashion show upon getting home. :)

I'm honestly not a big fan of shopping, period, but we have some fun with it.

Staci
05-09-2009, 08:29 PM
My wife and I go shopping for clothes together. Sometimes I am not even aware that she is looking for something for me. She will just stop, hold something up to me, and say "you would look good in this". Part of that is to see how I react but mostly she is serious. Usually we end up buying the clothes for me. We have purchased look alike panties, nightgowns, and things like make-up. That way when she runs out she can use mine in a pinch. She has used my earrings before. And once, for New Year's Eve my daughter used my little purple purse that matches one of my dresses because it matched her outfit for the night. She did not know it was mine as she knows nothing of my dressing. So, shopping with my wife is a lot of fun.

jillleanne
05-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Yep, all the time, together or alone, en femme or in drab. No one wonders why I'm buying bras or panties in drab, they just figure it's a gift.

Bea A
05-09-2009, 08:57 PM
So ifar all of my wardrobe was purchased with my wife. I am not en femme while we do it. We have made one trip our shopping with me enfemme and I was scared to death. WHile in boy mode she and I will both go into the dressing room and try on things. She and I have somewhat different tastes in things, but she'll tell me what she likes on me. Until I get a bit more confidence, it will probably stay with she and I shopping together.

Miranda09
05-09-2009, 09:55 PM
Wish I did. It would make my CDing so much more interesting and easier to develop a wardrobe.

PretzelGirl
05-10-2009, 09:40 AM
Just had a trip yesterday to (C)Ross Dress for Less with her. Although we tend to shop for different reasons, she is more for casual, I am more for dressier, we have a fair idea of each other's tastes. Usually she is using my opinion for color matching and how it looks on her and I am getting her opinion on style. The tough part is that when shopping separately, we don't buy much. If we go together, look out! :eek:

steftoday
05-10-2009, 12:15 PM
We shop together all the time. I tend to like more dresses, skirts, etc. and she prefers more casual tops, pants... her job does not require her to be a snappy dresser.

It's funny (she mentioned this the other day): I get home from work and can't wait to get makeup going and dressed up, and she can't wait to get casual and comfortable!

KandisTX
05-10-2009, 12:20 PM
My wife and I play a game we like to call "Scare The Straights". How you play is you go into the women's section (preferably the lingerie) and when you each find a great sexy outfit you hold it up and say quite loudly "Honey, You'd look great in this". We did this at the Vanity Fair outlet one day and I swear we almost gave the old woman in there a heart attack.

Kandis:love::rose2:

CharlotteW
05-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Yeh I go shopping with wifey lots but she always buys more for me.

Jessica Who
05-10-2009, 02:10 PM
Yes I shop with my wife and it's one of the best things in the world to me! We even go into the dressing rooms together when allowed and try on stuff together. It's a blast!

spretzatura
05-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Yes, I also go into the dressing room with my wife and we both try on lingerie and clothes. The other day there was a little girl in the next dressing booth and she started to crawl under the partition. I almost freaked out.

But one of the things I really enjoy about it is the fear of being caught, and also because it is so naughty. My wife's taste is very good and she often finds things for me that I wouldn't have thought of myself. The other day she wanted me to try on some crotchless panties, which was a little confusing because I have a very large package. It sure was exciting though!

Erica A.
05-10-2009, 08:11 PM
My SO loves to go shopping with me, especially when I'm en femme. We have a great time. We could care less who thinks what. That's what makes it a blast. We have alway's been people watchers anyway so we don't care if people watch us. I'll go in the wig shop totally en femme and try on different wig's in front of all the other customer's. They might look, but nobody has ever said a word. My SO is alway's suprising me with stuff she's picked up for me also. The only problem I've had is when I showed up with a pair of heel's for me that she had been "eyeing" for her. Guess we have the same taste. I suprised her with the same shoes and a promise that I would never wear mine while she was wearing her's. lol. :hugs: -Erica