PDA

View Full Version : girling up:rofl:

Teri Jean
05-09-2009, 07:32 AM
Last night I was at a function where the meal was served to about a 150 people and as we were sitting there the coffee pot was moving around the table. When it got to one guy he declind saying the only way he could drink coffee was to girly it up. Now this took me by surprise as I have not thought that the simple thing of adding suger or cream to ones coffee had this kind of preception.

Obviously I could not let it pass and asked where that came from and how does a simple cup of coffee can be labled male or "girly". It was an interesting topic to say the least. So the question I have is if one orders a cup of expresso, latte or a simple cup of coffee with cream are they "girly"?:lol2:

Keli

Angie G
05-09-2009, 07:58 AM
Apparently I've been girling up for years.:hugs:
Angie

Teri Jean
05-09-2009, 08:01 AM
Angie that was so funny. So do you really girlie up your coffe? LOL I'm still laughing at the whole conversation. He must have a really skewed look on life. Have a great day and laugh as much as you can, I am.

Keli

Wendy me
05-09-2009, 08:07 AM
wonders how many person's are going to go to the coffee shop and girly it up.... then wonder did they get read???? .... did they pass???? could any one tell they owned 10,000 pairs of panties????..........

Daintre
05-09-2009, 08:33 AM
Wendy, you are exaggerating, I counted only yesterday and I had a mere 1,464 pairs of panties. I am sure you have more shoes than that. :lol2:

Teri Jean
05-09-2009, 12:10 PM
Wendy, maybe I should have asked him what color panties he wears when girly up-ing his coffee. I hope you all had as much of a laugh as I did.

Keli

Gabrielle Hermosa
05-09-2009, 07:58 PM
...It was an interesting topic to say the least. So the question I have is if one orders a cup of expresso, latte or a simple cup of coffee with cream are they "girly"?:lol2:

I usually have to girl-up my coffee, too. I'm not a big fan of coffee. When I drink it, it's usually just to help snap me out of my sleepy daze at work. Sugar and/or cream are necessary to help get the black liquid past my tongue and down my throat. :heehee:

I love how sweet drinks always seem to be considered "girly". Whatever. I guess it isn't manly to drink something that tastes good (or not bitterly harsh)? Good thing I'm not manly. :heehee:

Ralph
05-09-2009, 08:00 PM
He must have a really skewed look on life.
That may be true but he's by no means alone in that thinking. Most of the men I have shared coffee with have made similar remarks about my taste for cream and sugar.

ralph ("maybe the pink umbrella is a dead giveaway")

TGMarla
05-09-2009, 09:28 PM
I've been drinking coffee for years, and look what it's done to me!

(Actually I drink it black.)

Steffie-Lee
05-09-2009, 09:58 PM
Strong black coffee, brewed in an enamel pot, with no filter , maybe with a shot of whiskey in it, is a real man's drink. Any thing else, like filter cigarettes, and light beer, is for GIRLS. :drink:

5150 Girl
05-09-2009, 10:28 PM
I never developed a taste for coffie. I get go'n in the moring with a Pepsi.
However, I was told my Mustang was girly 'cause it's got an automatic transmision...

Sarah Doepner
05-09-2009, 10:51 PM
I've run into many who consider sweetened or flavored coffee a "fru-fru" drink and not appropriate for a red-blooded man. I've not heard them refer to it as girly coffee, but the same attitude was held for alco-pop drinks, most sweet wines and anything other than straight shots of whiskey or scotch neat.
Now my confession. I've been drinking my coffee black for years and years, but when I get girly, I will sweeten it and add cream and love it. I think it's just one more way of indulging my senses which tend to be ignored by my guy side. It doesn't make a lot of sense, but then it's something that seems to have been beaten into my brain over the years.

Dressing Jill
05-10-2009, 01:56 AM
Lmao That is two funny

Hugs :hugs:

Jill

Rachel Morley
05-10-2009, 02:02 AM
Oh dear :sad: ... I must drink my coffee very masculine then as I like it "as is" - black with no sugar.

KatGreene
05-10-2009, 03:46 AM
I work in a coffee shop! If a male customer orders a skinny decaf latte with a caramel shot, I know what they are! Aha.

Thirsty. =]

xo

Fab Karen
05-10-2009, 05:29 AM
I've never heard that said about how people like their coffee. I wonder how calloused that guy's knuckles are from dragging the ground.

Teri Jean
05-10-2009, 08:39 AM
I knew this was going to be a fun post and yes I have to check to see if he does have callouses on his knuckles, LOL. What makes people think this way is amazing. Thank you all for your observations. It has been a hoot.

Keli with huggs.

gretchen2
05-10-2009, 08:51 AM
My mom always tells me a real man drinks his coffee black. Little does she know.

Faith_G
05-10-2009, 01:11 PM
I think the girly coffee line should be drawn at the flavored creamers. Cream&sugar is still in average guy coffee territory, but once you throw in the French Vanilla, Caramel, Mocha, or Hazelnut you have entered the land of girly coffee.

I like it strong, no cream, and very sweet. And it's definitely girly because I use artificial sweetner instead of sugar because I am watching my figure.

suchacutie
05-10-2009, 01:32 PM
Maybe I just didn't realize...all these years...I need to have extra cream and extra sugar in my coffee or I get a headache in under a minute.

Looks like I was predisposed to be feminine long before I understood that fact !!!! :)

tina

Jessica Who
05-10-2009, 02:05 PM
Last night I was at a function where the meal was served to about a 150 people and as we were sitting there the coffee pot was moving around the table. When it got to one guy he declind saying the only way he could drink coffee was to girly it up. Now this took me by surprise as I have not thought that the simple thing of adding suger or cream to ones coffee had this kind of preception.

Obviously I could not let it pass and asked where that came from and how does a simple cup of coffee can be labled male or "girly". It was an interesting topic to say the least. So the question I have is if one orders a cup of expresso, latte or a simple cup of coffee with cream are they "girly"?:lol2:

Keli

Ha! Reminds me of this girl in high school who said I was a girly man because I didn't like beer and enjoyed Pina Coladas instead. :drink:

Jilmac
05-10-2009, 02:55 PM
I still drink my coffee black and I know a number of GGs who also drink theirs black. I would be more inclined to think that flavored coffees or some of the more exotic Starbucks blends would be the ones to consider "girly":drink:

sissystephanie
05-10-2009, 04:42 PM
Ha! Reminds me of this girl in high school who said I was a girly man because I didn't like beer and enjoyed Pina Coladas instead. :drink:

Guess that is why I am a "girly" man!! I love Pina Coladas, and don't care for beer!

BTW, God made coffee BLACK! Putting milk or cream and sugar in it is one of the worst combinations you can put in your stomach! Ask your doctor!

:hugs:

CD Susan
05-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Keli, maybe he "girlies up" much more than his coffee. To use a term like that he might be a sister cd'er.

5150 Girl
05-10-2009, 09:56 PM
If you like Pina Coladas,,, gett'n caught in the rain.........................

Sammy777
05-11-2009, 02:58 AM
If drinking coffee other then black is so girlie then why is coffee with milk and 2 sugars called a regular coffee? :lol:

I have been girlying up my coffee since I started drinking it at about 13 :D

I think the girly coffee line should be drawn at the flavored creamers. Cream&sugar is still in average guy coffee territory, but once you throw in the French Vanilla, Caramel, Mocha, or Hazelnut you have entered the land of girly coffee.

So liking Hazelnut coffee or creamer is a good thing or a bad thing? :lol2:
Just because my coffee tastes good doesn't mean you still can't stand a spoon up in it! :lol:

MsJanessa
05-11-2009, 07:12 AM
now I know why I always order the "double double" at Tim Hortons

Patricia1
05-11-2009, 09:00 AM
I'd say most of the population is "girly" if cream and/or sugar is the standard. What does ordering black coffee make my beautiful SO?

Ralph
05-11-2009, 11:59 AM
I'd say most of the population is "girly" if cream and/or sugar is the standard. What does ordering black coffee make my beautiful SO?

<AIRPLANE>I like my coffee like I like my men.</AIRPLANE>

Sheila
05-11-2009, 12:57 PM
I am in trouble :eek: I drink my coffee strong enough to stand an elephant on ........ and I am a girl ..... well I was last time I looked :heehee::heehee::devil::devil:

Deborah Jane
05-11-2009, 01:04 PM
and I am a girl ..... well I was last time I looked :heehee::heehee::devil::devil:

I can confirm this :D

I drink my coffee so strong, if Mike Tyson were to fight 10 rounds with it, he'd lose :D:devil:

MissConstrued
05-11-2009, 01:08 PM
I was told when I started drinking coffee as a teenager that it would "put hair on your chest."

It didn't seem like a bad idea at the time.... :doh:

Teri Jean
05-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Patricia1,
Manly??????? Oh nooooooooooooooooo that's just wrong on so many levels. LOTF OL
Please don't tell her that, I'm soooooooorrrrrrryyyyyyy. What are people thinking these days? Girling up a cup of coffee. Now a good hot cup of coffee (black) in a boob cup with a lace bra....... NOW WE ARE TALKING yeeeeessssss.
Have fun girls, Keli

Kaz
05-11-2009, 03:36 PM
Just hosted a work event with an external speaker who was French, very girly... I do mean girly, but she was a senior manager and had ATTITUDE. Hers was a double espresso, without milk... but a small sugar ingredient. I did mine as it comes, but that's me - I know, that if there was no sugar she would not have been phased... this was a real girl... sexy as hell and an inspiration - learned a lot!

Kaz
05-11-2009, 03:39 PM
Now I am off..! She arrived with blonde hair in a pony tail. At a certain point she just let it out... chin in air, poise, perfection... then started playing with it... girls we have a lot to learn about attitude and behaviours... confidence wins!

ChanDelle
05-11-2009, 03:41 PM
I think Marla has finally figured out the reason most of us are like we are: cream and sugar in coffee!!! Now I know what NOT to stop doing!

ChanDelle

TSchapes
05-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Could you "Girly Up" a steak, or a potato? There's certain liquor drinks that are more girly. I think when you put a lime in a beer it girly's it up.

Hmm, it makes you wonder....

-Tracy

Alice Green
05-11-2009, 09:39 PM
lol, apparently I’ve been drinking my coffee and tea girlie all my life.