PDA

View Full Version : Flyer in Honolulu

JillHill
05-09-2009, 01:37 PM
While in Honolulu last week, my wife and I were walking through our hotel lobby (Shearton Waikiki) when a cd wizzed past us. The reason we could tell was that after a long flight here 5 o'clock was showing.

She was in a hurry and almost to the check in desk and seemed to be ignoring everyone around. I understand why. I wish we could have spoken. It would have been nice for my wife to speak to another girl as well. It was really neat. I have not gotten brave enough to fly,(drive sometimes) en femme.

It bring up the question again about meeting others girls in public or establishing a contact with other in public. I tried to give here a smile, but she was intnent to get things done. Peace and luv, Jill

Jenny Brown
05-09-2009, 04:34 PM
I think it's somewhere in the Cd handbook that it's not polite to acknowledge another Cd when you see them in public. Something about it calls attention to them and possibly outs them.:doh:

Joni Marie Cruz
05-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Hi Jill-

Jenny's absolutely right, it is in the Handbook, Chapter 3 "Recognition and Acknowldgement", page 93 of the 2007 edition, revised. As I recall you can try for eye contact and display a friendly smile and maybe a knowing look but nothing too overt. No waving or gesturing.<lol>

It does seem a shame that we don't have some sort of secret recognition sign or something. The ASL sign for the letter "T" perhaps or a special ring or pin. Ah well.

Hugs...Joni Marie

Hope
05-10-2009, 02:12 AM
It bring up the question again about meeting others girls in public or establishing a contact with other in public. I tried to give here a smile, but she was intnent to get things done. Peace and luv, Jill

We need to come up with some sort of very 007 challenge and response password system that would be completely undetectable to those outside of the CD world (or to a masculine GG in the worst case scenario), or out the CD to those around them.

Challenge: Those are great shoes.
Response: I got them at payless.
Challenge: They never have my size.
Response: You have to know where to shop.

KaraChristine
05-10-2009, 02:32 AM
While in Honolulu last week, my wife and I were walking through our hotel lobby (Shearton Waikiki) when a cd wizzed past us. The reason we could tell was that after a long flight here 5 o'clock was showing.

Jill, by "flyer" did you mean that the CD you saw was airline crew? I've gone back to work as a female flight attendant a couple months ago, and for pilots and flight attendants you have to transition to the point where you can get official TSA-approved ID like a passport in your new gender before going back to work. So if the person you saw was in uniform then she was most likely full time TG rather than CD.

Usually eye contact and a nod or smile is enough to engage another CD/TG. If they are comfortable and feel safe with the interaction then they will let you know in my experience.

Hope you had fun in Hawaii :battingeyelashes:

Angie G
05-10-2009, 06:51 AM
How cool.:hugs:
Angie

JillHill
05-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Sorry, I did not mean part of the crew. She was in a very lovely casual dress, high hills and hair looked nice. She was pulling her suitcase. She looked very good. As I mentioned, I only noticed becasue of the shadow. The shortest flight is 5.5 hours from the mainland then plus from points further east. So I understand why she looked the way she did.