PDA

View Full Version : Looking heavier when dressed as a woman

LisaM
05-09-2009, 03:47 PM
I don't know if anyone else notices this---but I am relatively thin in real life. I am 6'3" and 175 pounds. I know it is not real skinny but I look very thin around other men.

But when I dress as Lisa I always think I look fairly heavy. Maybe our bodies are just larger but when I see women that are around 6' I often think they are heavier than me and yet they look thinner than me when I am dressed. I comfortably wear a size 12 skirt/dress/slacks and can often wear a 10.

Is it me or do others think they appear heavier when dressed?

KatGreene
05-09-2009, 04:21 PM
I actually notice my weight much more when dressed up. But I feel the reverse, I feel lighter, thinner. I'm five foot eleven and I weigh 120 pounds. But, dressed like a man, I just appear to be a regular slim guy.

Maybe it's because I show just that little bit more skin when dressed as a woman.

Kat xo

Deborah Jane
05-09-2009, 04:32 PM
I actually appear slimmer when i'm dressed feminine

I'm 5ft9 and about 140lbs. In guy mode i'm about average build for my height, while in girly mode i look like a skinny bitch :)

Joni Marie Cruz
05-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Hi Lisa-

Personally speaking I think 6 foot plus and 175 isn't too bad at all weight-wise. Sometimes certain clothes make us look bulkier than others. Myself, I think I look thinner in girlmode, but that may be because I am more conscious of things like my posture and holding my tummy in and so on.

And Kat! You're 5-11 and weigh 120? And on top of that you're cute as hell? I hate you! Oh heck, no I don't, just jealous is all.<g>

Hugs...Joni Marie

windycissy
05-09-2009, 04:46 PM
It may be your choice of clothes, I always try on a dress or top before I buy it, and some of them make me look tiny and others make me look fat, so try before you buy!

Karren H
05-09-2009, 04:53 PM
No... I think that most me are fat pigs and most women are skinny little things and you just see yourself differently as compared to them... Personally I look way slimmer enfemme than in drab... Thanks to Mr Corsett!! :D

Paige Winslow
05-09-2009, 05:20 PM
This is one of the main motivations for my diet -- I want to look my absolute fabulous best! Everytime I'm tempted to cheat on the diet, I think how much better I'm going to look at my next "session". It takes so much work to dress-up; I want to make it worthwhile.

Love this site!

Paige

Kate Simmons
05-09-2009, 05:22 PM
Yeah, it's part of the "turf" Hon.:)

Joni Marie Cruz
05-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Amen to that Paige. Amen to that.

I guess I could mention that when I finally decided to come out for real I went from 250+ pounds (I'm 6 foot) down to 180. It took me nearly a year to get there, I did manage to lose a little more and got down to below 170. Of course I managed to find some of the poundage I lost. Not even saying how much I weigh now, but I am dieting...again.

It's kind of funny, a few years ago I could never understand why women obsessed about their weight so much, now I so totally get it.

Hugs...Joni Marie

Elizabeth Ann
05-09-2009, 05:29 PM
Lisa,

I feel the same way. I think it is because there is always a dividing line at the waist on men's clothes, and I think that tends to hide our larger midsections. My wife is probably as overweight as I am, but it all goes to her hips and butt and not her waist. In fact, one of the largest incentives I have had to lose some weight was when I started wearing dresses a few years ago. That long unbroken expanse of fabric left no where to hide.

Liz

Barbara Dugan
05-09-2009, 07:49 PM
for some reasons I look more proportioned as a girl than as guy

Jocelyn Quivers
05-10-2009, 07:29 AM
Lisa, do not feel bad about your height and weight, imagine being around 5'6" and weighing 175:eek:Same here for looking heavier when in femme mode. The irony is when I have lost too much weight, I look just about the right size when en-femme, but I look like a walking skeleton in male mode. When I'm at a healthy weight as of now, I look great in male mode but a little heavy when dressed up.

Kristen Kelly
05-10-2009, 08:58 AM
As a guy I'm average weight, but as a woman I would be considered overweight. Society has forced an image with runway models that are nothing but skin and bones draped with clothes upon us, the women with ample curves are considered over weight. I have always preferred taller women that are toned and not the skinny things that are plastered in the magazines.

Kittykitty
05-10-2009, 10:43 AM
Lisa, do not feel bad about your height and weight, imagine being around 5'6" and weighing 175:eek:Same here for looking heavier when in femme mode. The irony is when I have lost too much weight, I look just about the right size when en-femme, but I look like a walking skeleton in male mode. When I'm at a healthy weight as of now, I look great in male mode but a little heavy when dressed up.

Same here, I gained back a bit b/c people started getting concerned I had a disease. I was 220 5-11 and got down in the 170's. Strong winds started being an issue!
I was confronted by someone one day who wanted to severly question me about it, and how pale I'd gotten (constant make up removal!) i thought quick and said, "Well, I cut out potatoes and with my irish heritage, I get paler as the seasons progress." Believe it or not, he totally bought it, stammered, apologized and said, "wow, glad I asked, I was concerned you were sick." LOL!

To go back to the OP.... do you try to coordinate stripes, and outfits that are thinning? Maybe notice GG's that are trying to hide some weight. Notice what they do, and mimic it.

Lately I've worried less about actual weight, and started keeping my weight with what outfits I can wear comfortably, that were tight before. After all, that is the point.... right?

Carly D.
05-10-2009, 10:51 AM
When I first bought my own clothes I had no idea what size was what in womens wear.. trial and error and the truth is I was a big gurl when I started to dress up and nothing has changed now.. I look like the guy who could start fights or finish them.. but I'm not that way at all.. I don't go to bars in male mode and can't fathom going dressed up.. I am a big guy.. most wouldn't even imagine in a million years that I love to dress fem... my clothes are for the heavier set gals section.. I enjoy buying them as well even though I say they are for the girl friend and look around the store for her.. she is me.. look no farther then in the mirror..

Nicki B
05-10-2009, 12:43 PM
No... I think that most me are fat pigs and most women are skinny little things and you just see yourself differently as compared to them... Personally I look way slimmer enfemme than in drab... Thanks to Mr Corsett!! :D

:yt:

Have you considered that men's bodies and women's are very different shapes - they may weigh the same, but it's in different places? ;)

LisaM
05-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Ladies, Thank you for all of your advice. I think everyone made very good points. I also think that as a man I wear very loose-fitting clothing while as a woman I wear tighter-fitting clothing. I need to begin to feel comfortable in tighter clothing---and not feel self-conscious about my size.

suchacutie
05-10-2009, 01:07 PM
I think it's likely that we all work to appear thinner than our male selves when we transform, but once transformed we aren't comparing ourselves to our male self, but to our vision of our female selves.

After all, have you ever met a GG not on a diet?

tina

Jilmac
05-10-2009, 03:06 PM
I'm 5" 8", 152# and have gone from a size 12 to a 10 so the only place I look heavier is in my boobs.:D

deja true
05-10-2009, 06:25 PM
Never fear Lisa...I'm sure it's a wardrobe issue!

And I just sent your e-mail address and picture to Stacy & Clinton..They'll be in touch, but they will decimate your present wardrobe.

See ya on the tv!

:D

Marissa
05-10-2009, 07:01 PM
It may be your choice of clothes, I always try on a dress or top before I buy it, and some of them make me look tiny and others make me look fat, so try before you buy!

So true.. just waiting for the day I walk out into the living room and ask my daughter "does this dress make me look fat?" :eek:

for those that have not ventured out to 'try' clothes before buying..its a hit and miss.. I find most dresses that are free flowing just don't look right for me.. my mid section (also known as fat, 12 pack..etc) is more free to express itself..

so i'm looking into getting a cincher (?) to see what that will do and of course my mind is working hard to lose about 15.. that is my goal..just have to tell my mouth that its a team effort :D

I have a corset that helps sometimes if the outfit allows it.. anyway..

yes we fall victim to society of what is 'perfect'.. but if that means looking like the Olsen twins.. nope..no how..give me a double cheeseburger and super size the fries, please :heehee:

be you..however that is that makes you happy..

Hugs,

countrygirl
05-10-2009, 07:38 PM
For me I when I dress as a guy I do look like a skinny guy, and the same when I dress therfore I padd my self to look fatter then I really am. It helps me from looking like a guy in a dress.

DianneRoberts
05-10-2009, 08:13 PM
I've lost a LOT of weight over the last few months due entirerly by what I call "dieting at the grocery store" if I don't buy it, I don't eat it. I've lost almost 10% of my weight, hurray, another 10% and I'll have to buy a camera whether I can afford it or not !

My question is, since I have been CDing about 80-90% of the time ( currently between jobs ) I feel that wearing a bra so often makes my breasts bigger, or am I imagining ( hoping ) this ?

:hugs:
Dianne

kristinacd55
05-10-2009, 08:28 PM
I feel fat either way, but with a waist cincher I might be a bit thinner as a girl!

lingerieLiz
05-10-2009, 08:49 PM
I'm never thin enough as a girl. In my early 20s I could wear a size 6 skirt and it would fit my waist, but even better it would fit snug on my hips. Been trying to create that feel ever since. Now that they have enlarged sizes to fit todays women, I can wear misses, but wait is always a battle.

DianneRoberts
05-10-2009, 09:06 PM
I'm still wondering though, by wearing a bra so much, are my breasts really getting bigger or is it my imagination.

Anybody have any insight to this ???

Dianne ( staying in for a quiet night of closet CDing )

Marie-Claire
05-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Even by the impossible standards of the body mass index chart, you are thin.

I think Lisa is making some tough comparisons. And she's doing better than you think. Gabriella Reece, the champion beach volleyball playerand Playboy covergirl, is 6'3" and 160 lbs. Most CDs will never get that close to the height and weight of an athlete-model, but you do.
I hope you enjoy it.
:hf:
Marie-Claire

Joni Marie Cruz
05-10-2009, 09:59 PM
I'm still wondering though, by wearing a bra so much, are my breasts really getting bigger or is it my imagination.

Anybody have any insight to this ???

Dianne ( staying in for a quiet night of closet CDing )

Sweetie, I hate to burst your bubble, or perhaps I should say bubbles, but I don't think just wearing your bra...enjoyable as it might be...is going to make your ta-tas appreciably bigger. I certainly can't say it's totally impossible, just extremely unlikely. I mean if there were anything to it, none of us girls would ever take ours off. No reason not to try, though.<g>

Hugs...Joni Marie

Miranda09
05-10-2009, 10:31 PM
No, I don't feel fat, but sometimes, depending on the angle and the clothes I'm wearing, I do appear larger on top than a normal woman might. However, this is do to my weight lifting program over the past few years when I was bulking up. At 6'1" and 220 lbs, with the right clothes, it doesn't show.

Aleca
05-10-2009, 10:53 PM
I like to wear skirts alot which make me look wider underneath and also exaggerated forms over my body give me a wider appearance and even a wig which will make my head look larger.

Nicki B
05-11-2009, 07:59 PM
I'm never thin enough as a girl.

Sorta goes with the territory, surely? :D

You think you're growing into it? :eek:

dilane
05-11-2009, 08:59 PM
But when I dress as Lisa I always think I look fairly heavy. Maybe our bodies are just larger but when I see women that are around 6' I often think they are heavier than me and yet they look thinner than me when I am dressed. I comfortably wear a size 12 skirt/dress/slacks and can often wear a 10.

Is it me or do others think they appear heavier when dressed?

Unfortunatey, it seems that the taller the woman, the smaller boned they usually are.

I'm 5-8, and the women my height (in the top 3% of women), have tiny hands in comparison to mine.

I'm very fit and weigh about 148, and most people think I'm pretty thin in boy mode. I run 9-10 hours a week, never lift weights, and most of my weight is in my butt and legs. My body fat is very low, so I'm lucky to have a narrow profile and no belly. The downside to low body fat is that I don't have a nice rounded face. My stock measurements are 35 29 38.

When I was out of shape and 174, I was thicker and more musclebound, yuck.

The GG's I hang with say I look thin, so who am I to complain?

LisaM
05-12-2009, 09:49 AM
Dilane,

That is a wonderful picture. And you do look thin for a woman!

docrobbysherry
05-12-2009, 10:52 AM
I'm about 5' 10", 155 lbs. But, I think I look TERRIBLE in many of my outfits! Unless I wear a corset/bodybriefer, and hip pads, my purportions look WRONG. With those aids, I can even appear "thin", with the rite figure, in the rite outfit!:eek:

I keep trying to work out the best figure for me. Still a LONG way from getting it down. But hey, I've only been working on it for 10 years!:brolleyes:

Don't get frustrated, Lisa. There r SO MANY different fem looks. You'll find your best ones, if u keep trying!:)

linnea
05-12-2009, 06:34 PM
I think that I look too heavy in any mode but especially en femme.