PDA

View Full Version : Thats my boy!

\/incent
05-09-2009, 09:40 PM
So I got bored and desided to touch up my hair colour. slap it on, sit watch tv for a bit them go hop in the shower. After a while I notice im up to my ankles in dark blue water (yeah I we redying my mohawk blue lol) Not thinking too much of it I finish washing and hop out. We live in an old house and the drains are slow anyways.

I grab my little canister of sugaring out of the sink I've filled with hot water so it'll liquify (for those that dont know, I prefer waxing/sugaring to shaving and prefer my body as hairless as possible. It's a personal thing) and yoink the plug.

Grrr.. Sink's not draining. Look in the tub.. thats still not drainking... Crap.

So I grab the plunger and go to town on both with no avail.

After about 15 minutes of no change I deside it's time get enlist the help of my father. I go change into a tank top and my gears of war boxers while he starts tinkering. Plunging and using some drain wire thingy. (really an over zealous coat hanger) And then we notice the kitchen sinks not draining either >,< And all the friggin plunging we're doing is losening whatevers clogging it and bringing dirt and gunk and sand up into the tub. Yuck!

Lordy lordy I hate connected plumbing...

So down into the bacement we go and start draining pipes and jabbing into them with the wire thing.

Grabbing some tools from the tool box we find the source of the clog seams to be this small pipe from the two sinks and the tub to the big pipe where the toilet drains. So we start disassembling the pipe and drain it into a bucket.
Crack it open and wow the pipe is totaly clogged!

Start grabbing different sized tools and start jabbing into both pipe ends and scraping out all this gross greasy black stuff. And hair.. lots of frickin hair..

Luckily it dosnt smell or anything. So eventually we scrape the pipes clear and put the pipes all back together, I head upstairs smeared in black gunk and run the hot water from the tub and sinks. And Voila! It all drains!

So dad and Iare standing at the sink washing up and after he drys his hands he gives me a pat ont he back and says "Thats my boy!"

:eek:

We both kinda stood there staring at eachother a moment before he just kinda glances away, says nothing, clears his throat and mutters a 'thanks for helping' and goes on his merry way.

So, not exactly the relaxing evening I was planning (do hair, wax away unwanted hair, cuddle down and watch a movie till bed) But hey, playing plumber with dad and him saying that really kinda made my night. As well as also let me know just how preceptive my father actually is.

Neither of my parents know about how I feel inside and want to live with a prodominant male side... At least, I don't think they do. Maybe it's time to have a little talk with them? Or at least my father.

Any advice?

DanielMacBride
05-10-2009, 04:35 AM
Your story made me smile - I think it may well be time to have a talk with your dad at least, it does sound like he is very perceptive. If I were in your shoes, I'd probably have been grinning like an idiot all day after that :D But it sounds like your dad has at least some kind of clue, so maybe test the waters a little and see how receptive he is, and then have that conversation? Good luck! :)

Thornton
05-10-2009, 02:19 PM
Man, I wish my dad would say something like that. This is probably the only time I'll be jealous of someone with clogged drains.

But yeah, like Dan said, test the waters. Um...Buy a pair of mens underwear the next time you happen to be shopping together...You live in Canada, right? If you're on the east coast, bring up the new legalization of Gay Marriage in Maine and ask what he thinks of it. (I know gay marriage is legal throughout your whole country, but, it's useful to bring it up to see how open-minded people are.)

\/incent
05-10-2009, 10:59 PM
Thanks for the advice! I'm deffinantly considering having the talk with at least my father.

Dan: yeah I was totaly happy for the remainder of the night hehhe
Thornton: My parents are both fine with gay marriage, transexuals, Drag Queens and the whole lot (they even watched and gossipes with me about Ru Pauls Drag Race heheh) and they adore my very very very gay best friend.

The thing about buying clothes, thats already kinda happened just 2 weeks ago. We went out to a shop and the womens clothes were atrotious, flimsy, tacky and littered with sequince >,<; I was looking for some light clothes to wear to work, wanting some tshirts we headed to the mens department. Then I found this cute military style hat, but not my size and he helped me find one that fit my head. After that I said I wanted some mens undershirts/tank tops and off he ran to go find them, all the while Im sauntering down the undercrackers isle to meet him and notice these awesome videogamed themed pyjama bottoms, but not in my size, and again he helped me find the right ones and some boxers. All in the mens section. And he didnt even bat an eye.

We actually confused the woman at the checkout because she said "Awww, how sweet of you to buy your father some new clothes!" And my dad just looked at her and said "These are all for her." Not ashamed, not bashfull about it, just like it was nothing at all. Granted he was wrong.. I did buy him a shirt for when he goes fishing XD But the rest of it.. yeahhhhh... Mine. I didnt buy one scrap of womens clothing.

So I dunno. I've joked about it before, talking to some friends about if I would make a passable boy, and he knows the wig i've ordered is for that and soon a chest binder. But im not sure if he thinks its just 'something new' for me to do or that it goes a lot deeper than just dressing differently. Maybe.. Maybe thats enough jsut that they accept me as I am and not judge. I guess I have really been blessed with understanding accepting parents.. But I'll still think on it a bit more I think.

Oh, and I lied.. i DID buy one thing out of the womens section.. A pair of black and red Hanes womens breifs.. Cut and styled to look like mens breifs XD

Ze
05-11-2009, 10:43 AM
After reading both of your posts, Vince, I definitely encourage you to talk to him. :) If anything, I'd even wager that he kind of already knows, but is graciously waiting for you to be the one to actually bring it up. A newfound beau of mine was this exact same way. He was simply waiting out of respect. Like your dad, he too seemed very accepting and naturally protective of my behavior, and occasionally dropped interesting, gender-specific comments.

And I agree with Daniel: this thread made me grin like an idiot. :P

metalguy639
05-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Sounds like to me your dad already has a clue, possibly this would be a good time to talk to your parents about this. Good luck :)

handyman
05-24-2009, 12:15 AM
I agree that you should talk with your dad. Your dad sounds a lot like mine. Mine said. "You're still my kid, no matter what" and life went on with him calling me his son.