PDA

View Full Version : Neighbors and what they know

lingerieLiz
05-10-2009, 12:25 AM
Several people post about hiding from their neighbors. I've found that most neighbors don't really obsess over what we wear or I've had the best neighbors everywhere I've lived. I'm sure that many are curious about why I do it, but don't ask. But, I'm curious about some of my neighbors antics and don't ask.

One of my neighbors needed to borrow my dryer as hers had crashed. I was dressed as often around the house in shorts, gg t-shirt and bra which was visible through the white shirt. I don't push my dressing on people, but decided that I didn't want to change and figured she probably knew already. I told her I was finishing up with the dryer and she could come over. Ironically I was drying lingerie. She came over faster than expected, so when the dryer stopped I took out the slip and panties and put them in the basket to fold. I had several bras hanging on a drying rack. Neither one of us said anything about them, and I asked if she would like a coke. She said yes and I went to get us a couple of cokes as she put her clothes in the dryer.

When I came back she was folding my lingerie for me and asked me to start the dryer. She asked, "Am I folding them the same way you do?" I told her no, but I don't mind folding them. So, as I stood folding my panties and finally the slip. She watched how I did it and said she doesn't fold hers. She also told me the slip was pretty, but she never wears them anymore. She did start to laugh and told me she had never seen so much lingerie for one person. We then got into a discussion as to how much one needs and she told me how little she had.

She went back to her house to get the next load from her washer. When the doorbell rang I opened the door, but it was her daughter with the next load. We talked about school and stuff for a few minutes until the dryer stopped and we exchanged loads. She left and mother came back with the final load and spent an hour with me watching tv.

All of the conversations were friendly and were what I would suppose knowing her she would have had with another woman. We are still friendly neighbors, but nothing has ever been said. I'm sure other neighbors know but all are friendly.

Marissa
05-10-2009, 12:34 AM
Liz, that is a great story.. and even though it wasn't put out on the table..it was understood on the clothes you wear..

with my neighbors.. don't think i would go that far.. we don't really interact, except a few chats in the driveway.. about the yard, dogs..but more of them i haven't not talked to so me coming out dressed, jumping into my car would raise a brow..

Neighbors across the street use to chat with my ex, so that would be a problem, as I know the wife would be on the phone quick to tell the ex..who doesn't know how far i have taken it..

so yes its good to see you have overcome a barrier or two.. that is great for you..

Hugs,

Miranda09
05-10-2009, 12:37 AM
That's a nice story Liz. Thanks for sharing. :)

CamillaCD
05-10-2009, 03:55 AM
Three years ago I pulled out all the curtains during the dressing sessions. The meetings with others were in the evenings so it was easy to sneek out in the dark, after checking the street of course.

Now I don't care. I know that on at least two occasions I have been seen leaving the house dressed in broad daylight. Once I was checking my mailbox and the neighbor came running to check hers. Two weeks ago I was going to an event in Sweden and was loading my car. A guy was washing his car 20 meters away and I could see him looking at me. Nothing have been said, so maybe those two neighbors have kept it to themselves. There is an event in two weeks. I plan to leave about 10AM and I am pretty shure I am going to be dressed :D

Angie G
05-10-2009, 06:29 AM
How cool Liz. It most be nice to have a friend outside the community whois OK with your dressing.:hugs:
Angie

Cary
05-10-2009, 06:39 AM
That's a nice story Liz. Thanks for sharing. :)

That is a nice story! My neighors are ok MOST of the time. I just don't think I'm ready to share my CDing with them. I still want to keep it privite for now. I'm 75% sure they know, but nobody has said a word to me. I've aften given the elderly lady upstairs some shoes that were too small. I told them that they were from my sister, whom they've seen many times. Compaired to the current and past deeds of ALL my neighors, I'm a saint.

foxyjj111
05-10-2009, 07:42 AM
i live in an condo style building with 8 units. i have recently decided that i dont care about what they know so i do my laundry in fem in the public laundry area, and walk out to the road to take out the trash. i always have my toenails done and used to cover them to get my mail or go to my car. now i dont care. i know some have seen but never had a negetive comment. not yet at least. i dont put it out there but just dont care if they see.

on a funny note i did walk out for the first time a few monthes back to go out with a few friends. the next day one of my neighbors told me he saw my g/f walk out of my place the night before and he thought she was hot. LMAO. his unit is about 75 feet away, but at least i know i'm hot from a distance. :)

Teri Jean
05-10-2009, 08:27 AM
Liz that is so great. I have great neighbors and if they have not sen me lately they did last fall and they were fine with it then. You have peaked my interest in being more open about not worrying about what people think.

Keli

Kristen Kelly
05-10-2009, 08:45 AM
Thats a great story, I don't hide from my neighbors and go out often in the daytime and have even said hello as I encountered them on the way out. I wish one of them was brave enough to confrount me and ask the question I know they would love to ask, for I know if I educate 1 person they will all get the true story over time.

Lisa Renee
05-16-2009, 11:02 PM
I don't have a lot of neighbors. The neighbor on one side of me has seen me dressed any number of times and now he waves, but we don't really talk. On the other side of me is a younger couple, they have seen me, but have never said anything. So with that I don't really worry about them.

TJ Tresa
05-17-2009, 06:23 AM
Liz that is a great story. Is your neighbor married? If not sounds like, to me any way, that you might have an opertunity for a relationship with someone who accepts you as you. Either way I think you are lucky, I can not be so bold with my neighbors as they are family.

Kimberly Marie Kelly
05-17-2009, 06:50 AM
Transsexual and will be going on hormones soon. Others have seen me in short skirts mowing the lawn. I'm sure that I'm the weird one in the neighborhood. The neighbors who know I'm TS are supportive and are happy for me.. :battingeyelashes:

Georgia Rose
05-17-2009, 07:00 AM
My neighbours on one side sold and moved out. I think they knew something and while they were never really communicative they stopped talking to me. Mind you they split up at the same time so might have nothing to do with me CDing. The other immediate neighbours we only ever talk to about general things but I think they know something as I've been a bit indiscrete at times. I don't really care but have a few relatives living close who I wouldn't want to know.

Shikyo
05-17-2009, 07:18 AM
I don't really want to hide myself, but sadly I'm forced to. I live in a apartment owned by my great grandmother, who can't live alone anymore so she's living with my mom. As she used to live here for so many years many of the neighbors know her and are her friends. They also know me, which makes the whole situation harder.

I'm out in the open, I've told my mom, my sister etc. They know about this. Great grandmother is the only person I don't want to know about this, just because of her health. Most likely she would not care at all, but I don't want to risk it. I really don't want be the reasons for her death, so I'm doing my best so that she can live the rest of her life happily without the knowledge of the true me.

I still go out dressed, but I try to avoid the neighbors so that they don't start talking to me etc. as that would clearly tell them who I am, now they will not think much of me, so it's easier to walk around without having to worry about them discussing about it with my great grandmother when they go visit her.

mklinden2010
05-17-2009, 10:38 AM
Yep, it's only as big a deal as you make it.

I'm always, "Just trying out a costume," or, "On my way to a party." That suffices for most folks and we can all get along on that basis. Those who want to know more, or, say more, are free to do so. But, mostly it's "Live and let live."

I think most people would rather know who they're dealing with than not... And, if you're happy, they're happy.

Fear of the unknown does more damage than anything....

I can only guess how many times in the past 20 years my neighbors were somewhere else when the topic came up and they said:

"Hey, I know a guy who's into that. Great neighbor too!"

They really do.

I really am.