PDA

View Full Version : Musings on Packing for a Trip

Sara Jessica
05-10-2009, 08:56 AM
OK, heading to Las Vegas later this week for DLV. Here are some musings from my adventures in packing. Many of you are very experienced in travel but this will be my first multi-day feminine outing.

Five cami tops take up about as much room as one guy shirt.
Ditto when it comes to leggings, several of those take up less space than a pair of guy pants.
I think when all is said and done, I'll have at least 25 viable outfit combinations. I should count them up when I get there just for fun.
Do I really need 13 pair of shoes for what will end up being a 3 1/2 day outing??? OK, I got it down to 12 but that's where it stops!
Not particularly surprised but there's not a single pair of nylons in the mix. I should probably take a pair just in case, not like much room would be taken up. It's just there are absolutely no outfits in the plan which call for nylons of any sort.
All of the above easily fits into two medium sized suitcases, not including a hanging bag which holds a couple dresses and my overnight/makeup bag.

I pretty much know what I'm going to wear in the evenings but the daytime warmer weather casual looks are where I'm looking to have all of my options available. I'd hate to think that I'd have regret over not having a particular top or something like that because I left it at home. Opinions? Am I overpacking???

Sarah Doepner
05-10-2009, 01:38 PM
I'm headed down as well and it looks like the temp will be in the high 90s all week. It has never been a problem for me to take too many things as long as I don't feel like I've wasted my vacation if I didn't wear each and every item that was in my suitcase.

I'm less concerned about how many outfits to take and more concerned about my makeup melting off between the room and when the A/C in the car finally kicks in. I know it's not what I'm going down for, but I may just do boy-mode during the heat of the day with shorts and aloha shirt and save the pretties for cooler temps at night.

Jessica Who
05-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Wow, are you going to use one suitcase just for your shoes? It seems a bit much for 3.5 days, but it's up to you :)

Sara Jessica
05-10-2009, 02:54 PM
I'm headed down as well and it looks like the temp will be in the high 90s all week. It has never been a problem for me to take too many things as long as I don't feel like I've wasted my vacation if I didn't wear each and every item that was in my suitcase.

I'm less concerned about how many outfits to take and more concerned about my makeup melting off between the room and when the A/C in the car finally kicks in. I know it's not what I'm going down for, but I may just do boy-mode during the heat of the day with shorts and aloha shirt and save the pretties for cooler temps at night.

High 90's, what a buzzkill!!! My makeup is sure to survive, I get by with just a powder foundation and the other usual trappings, likely just lipgloss and light eyeshadow during the day. As for daytime wear, that's where most of the outfit options that I'm taking along are coming in. Granted I'm taking 3 or 4 dresses to choose from for the final evening, I pretty much have 3 choices for the other 2 nights that I'll be there.

Wow, are you going to use one suitcase just for your shoes? It seems a bit much for 3.5 days, but it's up to you :)

D'ya think??? :)

Considering I usually have anywhere from 3-6 pair in my car for a one-day outing, 12 pair should be considered an improvement!!! Besides, it's not a huge suitcase, more like a medium sized bag with wheels. It should travel easily from the trunk to the hotel room.

PaulaSF
05-12-2009, 02:41 AM
If out a lot at night, don't forget it cools down pretty quick in the desert.

A great chance to sport a flashy faux fur :devil:

This Sunday's NY Times had article on how shows are hurting, so mebbe some great deals to be snagged (Tho both Folies & la Cage now dark :sad:

have fun!
Paula