PDA

View Full Version : I told my wife - Hoorah !

Kate17
05-10-2009, 02:11 PM
Thanks to many of you who have relayed your experiences and wisdom on the subject, I realized I just had to tell my wife. I learned so much from you girls and I just want to thank you all. A great weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

As suggested, we are taking it really slow and time will tell how far she is willing to go with it but for now, she still loves me. One thing she always did love about me was my feminine side. She just never quite put it together but lately it was getting more evident. Through out our marriage, I could talk to her like no other man had done in the past and we enjoyed many things that the feminine side of me made possible. So, as Paul Harvey might have said - now she knows the rest of the story.

Thanks everybody - I see nothing but blue skies smiling at me.

Love you all !

Kate17

Sarah_GG
05-10-2009, 02:16 PM
Congratulations Kate! My SO told me last summer and we've never looked back! It brought us even closer together and we have a lot of fun with it.

One thing we have been doing recently is catching up on all the literature around and watching a few films. Last night we watched 'Just like a woman'. It's a bit dated and almost like a public information film but enjoyable and reasonably sensitive.

Hopefully we'll see your wife on here and in the FAB forum soon.

:hugs:

kimmie_gg
05-10-2009, 02:38 PM
Congratulations! Sounds like you are seeing clear skies again. Like what Sarah says, I hope your wife joins the forum and explores more with us.

Gabrielle Hermosa
05-10-2009, 02:46 PM
Congratulations, Kate! :thumbsup:

By the tone of your post, it sounds like it went well. I really enjoy reading about the positive coming out experiences.

She's got the best of both worlds in you, and so many interesting new things to explore together under those blue skies. :)

My love to you and yours!

Jilmac
05-10-2009, 02:47 PM
Kate, I'm so glad for you. I hope your wifes love for you becomes even stronger now that she can realize your feminine side. I told my first and second wife while I was dating both and neither of them were able to accept my dressing. After my second wife passed away I was finally able to come out of the closet. I met a lady who I have been dating for about a year and a half, and told her about my dressing. She has accepted me for who I am and not for the clothes I choose to wear. :love:

Juliet Simone
05-10-2009, 03:16 PM
Cheers to you, thanks for sharing. I am so happy to hear about positive and supportive responses from wives, gives me hope. Thanks for providing an example of a positive outcome.
Ta Ta
Juliet

Ralph
05-10-2009, 03:23 PM
Good on ya, Kate. Make sure you hear HER side - what does and doesn't make her uncomfortable, if she has any limits on what she can and can't handle just now, etc. - and for the love of all that is sacred in marriage, STICK TO HER LIMITS.

ralph

PretzelGirl
05-10-2009, 04:00 PM
Good on ya, Kate. Make sure you hear HER side - what does and doesn't make her uncomfortable, if she has any limits on what she can and can't handle just now, etc. - and for the love of all that is sacred in marriage, STICK TO HER LIMITS.

ralph

:iagree:

Congrats on joining the blessed. Love her dearly and keep the communication going!

"Mary"
05-10-2009, 04:00 PM
That's great Kate! I'm very happy for you. Considering couples/matching Halloween costumes? A nice easy step I think.

I know it's 6 months away, but it's never too early to think about this.

Shelly67
05-10-2009, 04:01 PM
I,m so pleased for you both , its a brave thing to do !!
I remember my emergence ...oh my god what an experience - who needs adrenalin sports ?? !!

Has she seen you enfemme yet ..... ?
If the answears yes then without rushing things see if you can share some precious time together .
Make it sensual , humerous ,very chatty but not over zealous.........

Why not treat the lady like the queen she is - spoil her rotten , say a girlie night at home , let her have a warm soak in the bath , perhaps give her a small token , something nice to wear , even sit down watch a movie and share a bottle of wine and some food together as girls ....

Good luck , enjoy , and grow together ............:hugs:

Kate17
05-10-2009, 07:40 PM
Diana

Funny that you mention Halloween - She suggested just that. Hmmmm ! So I would say the idea is there. She did go take a look at some of my clothes to get some idea and that I guess was OK. She has not seen my dresses yet but I am sure she will.

We will take it slow. I told her about the forum and she will visit. I want her to learn more about this and this is a great place to do that. She has not seen me dressed and like a lot of wives, she is apprehensive. I have been shaving and taking bubble baths for a while so it was not like a real culture crash. She knew I was a little light in the slippers but liked that part of me. Apparently I had a lot of feminine mannerisms that I was not aware of.

So, there is no rush. Today she has been quiet about it so we'll see. I think the concern is "did I marry a man or a woman" - and that has been a consistent comment in the forum. We woke up at 4:00 and talked about it for a couple of hours and I believe she came to the conclusion that I am the man she married - just a little different than the average joe. But , I am rambling - you all have been through this so I am sure you know the high I am on.

I don't think I could have done this with out all of you. I hope it give others who are on the fence some encouragement. WOW - it feels great to have a woman who loves you for who you are.

Love to all

Kate17

Joy Carter
05-10-2009, 07:51 PM
Good for "her" for taking such a big step in the relationship. Just remember to go at "her" speed. OK ? ;)

ColletteCD
05-10-2009, 08:41 PM
Telling the spouse or SO, is a big step. Congratulations on a successful telling. Now enjoy the time that you get to spend with her on girly time, but remember that she married a man, so you have to still play the man part at times. It is a lot more fun, I have to admit to be able to wear your clothes of choice.

TJ Tresa
05-10-2009, 10:16 PM
Congradulations, keep going slow. it so easy, once the door is open to take off running and overwelm our loved ones. So keep it slow and let her set the pace. Good luck and happy dressing.

Miranda09
05-10-2009, 10:24 PM
Congrats Kate. I know it will all work out for the both of you. :)

Aleca
05-10-2009, 10:42 PM
Congratulations on being able to come out to your wife. Her reaction sounds like unconditional love and support. I don't get that myself but happy for you. Good luck.

Midnight Skye
05-10-2009, 11:34 PM
Hurray for you Kate. I hope everything continues to go well. Try to point her to some web reasources when she's ready. My wife read a lot on crossdressing, transgenders, and everything inbetween and it helped her out lots

Sandra
05-11-2009, 06:41 AM
Glad things have gone ok, but... sorry there has to be one just be prepared for her becoming withdrawn and a little "off", you've already said she's been quiet, she's got a lot to take in and will most likely have a load of different things going through her mind.

Maybe suggest this place and the FAB forum? One thing that a lot of women think is that they are alone in all of this, so mentio this place and she will see that she's not.

boardpuppy
05-11-2009, 07:21 AM
You have taken a big step toward someone you love. Let her set the pace and you will windup together in a wonderful relationship. Your talking started her learning but don't push, gently nug her toward a greater understanding of this CD thing we imbrace.

Hugs,
Alice

Sheila
05-11-2009, 08:52 AM
kate, well done, slowly slowly now, like Sandra says be prepared for quiet days, ponderings and some doubt ..... they may or may not come . The FAB forum is a great place if she would like to come join us.

The attached thread might be a good threadfor her to go read, she will see that we GG's do have our ups and downs with cding, but in general we make it through the rough times

If we GG's could say anything/ The good and the Bad (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106619)

Good luck hun and again well done you :hugs:

Tasha McIntyre
05-11-2009, 08:59 AM
Good for you Kate.

Isn't it a great weight lifted? no more sneaking around, or hiding your stash.

Good luck for the both of you.

Tash :)

Laura Evans
05-11-2009, 10:46 AM
I am so happy for you, Kate, that it is going well. It is such a relief when our SO in our life knows and is supportive. It is nice to read about such positive responses to coming out. Joining the GG's in the forum will help her understand more and she can find support there. Congratulations!

TSchapes
05-11-2009, 06:13 PM
:Party2:

Congratulations, authentic relationships are best!

Love, Tracy :love:

Jenniferpl
05-11-2009, 06:54 PM
One thing I discovered is this is a blast with supportive spouse. Do want ever it takes to keep that support and let the fun begin. Remember it is about the journey of self discovery.

daviolin
05-27-2009, 10:15 AM
Just read your Thread and I was thrilled. I'm glad it is working out for you and your wife. Oh by the way were in colorado do you live? We used to live in Silvercliff Co. :love:Daviolin