PDA

View Full Version : "Sir"

Deidra Cowen
07-03-2005, 02:55 PM
I went dressed en femme a few minutes ago to pickup some pics at the drugstore. I thought I'd done the 1 hour deal, but no my pictures evidently were on a 2 day schedule. Worse than that instead of just going in and getting my photos with a nod or two maybe a 'hmmm hmmm' under my breath I had to talk to the clerk. At one point he called me "sir". :cry: What a bummer, and with other people looking on.

That came on top of a guy that verbally harassed myself and another CD last night as we left a Waffle House around 1am. (its like an old fashioned diner...we have them in the south.) He was with like 10 people and it was a bit scary at one point since they were inbetween us and our car. I will say some decent guy in the group said "shut up man you are stupid!" That seemed to defuse that situation.

I've gone crazy with this CDing. I dress all the time and have been running all over atlanta even doing errrands en femme. I think I've learned some lessons and need to chill out a bit...I'm still going to go out enfemme. But perhaps use a little more sense on where i go and all that. I could have gotten my butt kicked last night. And going to a neighborhood drug store for pics is probabably not too smart either for a undercover CD. :eek:

Sorrry for the negative post...I've had so many highs with this CDing that these setbacks really have me bummed out this afternoon.

Tristen Cox
07-03-2005, 03:20 PM
That is a bummer.. :hugs: and more :hugs: Don't let it get to you too much. Be you ;)

Natalie x
07-03-2005, 03:26 PM
Even negative can have a positive result, if we learn from it. At least you survived both incidents unscathed, even though your confidence may have been a bit battered.

It does show, though, that we have to "be careful out there". This world is not ready for us yet. There are too many shallow people (mostly male) who are unable to deal with their own lives except in terms of fitting into their chosen community and proving themselves to the others in that community. This threat of violence is my own fear, too, as I try to spend more of my life as the person I am inside. Part of me wants to say, to hell with them, take me as I am, but the other part reads the newspapers and knows what a narrow-minded and dangerous world it is.

Don't let it stop you, but please, take care and don't put yourself in any more dangerous situations.

Jenny Beth
07-03-2005, 03:58 PM
I don't consider your post negative, quite the contrary. It makes light of the fact that we can never let our guard down no matter how comfortable we may feel. As for the guy calling you "Sir" I wouldn't take that as an insult, he probably just didn't know what to say, it's happened to me and I never felt it was intended to make fun of me.

norbie
07-03-2005, 04:06 PM
It's true, the biggest enemies are males, especielly when they are in a groupe, the 'Macho Image'. I have seen this here in Newcastle.
Cheer up my Dear but be careful. Have you looked into voice training?
Love and biiiig Hugs from Norbie

cindybarnes
07-03-2005, 04:55 PM
Deidra, I know it has to feel great to do things like that while dressed, but it can be risky, especialy at a Waffle House in the early morning !!
Slowing down the risky part is probably not a bad idea, the TG friendly clubs we have here are usualy a different story, as you know by now.
Heck you have done a lot more than many of us in a pretty short time now !
Just be careful ok.
Cindy

azncd
07-03-2005, 05:32 PM
Diedra, Waffle House after midnight...let's see. If it makes you feel any better, I don't feel comfortable there in male mode.
i miss waffle house... :( but i agree... after midnight, in atlanta, especially, i don't feel safe there in monster mode.

Deidra Cowen
07-03-2005, 05:42 PM
Thanks, you girls are such sweeties...i appreciate the support and advise...and feel better about it now. :)

Yes it was probably way stupid going to a waffle house....even though it was down in the artsy/gay area of Atlanta the usual customers are a bit rough at 1 in the morning. :eek:

But I'm not going to stop going out...just gotta be smarter about it. Like Cindy said, we have so many Tgirl friendly clubs in Atlanta where everyone is accepting and friendly. It gives you a false sense of acceptance that many (esp men) out in the general public don't have towards us.

Hugs!

Deidra

Wendy me
07-03-2005, 05:55 PM
safty always ,glade things did not get out of hand......

Lauren Richards
07-03-2005, 07:28 PM
Diedra,
Glad things worked out. Good opportunity to re-set the meter on expectations, which we all need to do occasionally. Maybe also understand a little more what most women have spent a lifetime dealing with when wanting to do such a normal thing like going to the Waffle House after midnight. I am totalling in awe that you go out as much as you do anyway, so a few negative experiences along the way can only help us learn a little more about ourselves, and those we may meet as we are out & about.

And don't worry about the "sir" thing at drugstore while picking up the photos. If he was not rude, and treated you well, then that shows a certain amount of understanding and acceptance on his part. The few times I have gone to pick up photos, I been fortunate to have been able to not have to speak, and have used the self check counter to pay. That voice thing is VERY difficult! Wish they had a spray we could just use, like vocal perfume..

Looking forward to more of your adventures.

Lauren

Fallen Angel
07-04-2005, 10:48 AM
as for us girls that go out your going to have the few that are going to coment. men that make negitive comments are the ones that have issues with there own manly hood. i went out last friday and i had a women give me a stare that would have stopped a clock dont let it get to you just be a bit wise where you go even when i go out to breakfeast with some of the other girls we looked into some places that were cd friendly. keep your chin up and your heels hi xxooxxx