PDA

View Full Version : EnFemme at the Library

LindaMarie
05-11-2009, 03:26 PM
I took a big step today. I'm writing this from the Oak Brook (Illinois) Library. I'm wearing a cute red silk top, ladies' jeans and blue high heels. I feel just wonderful. Wish I could dress like this all the time, but I'll take what I can get. I think I'm kind of passable, but I really don't care.

Just wanted to tell all the people here who have been so wonderfully supportive about my big step today.

All the best.

Linda

Miranda09
05-11-2009, 03:27 PM
Good for you Linda. :)

Joy Carter
05-11-2009, 03:29 PM
So proud of you lady, for taking this big step. I just wish I had the oportunity to get out more.

Karren H
05-11-2009, 03:38 PM
Yeah!!! That's awesome Linda Marie!!! Even though your wearing. Gulp... Jeans!! Your such a dear old friend!! Not that your old or anything! Lol.

LindaMarie
05-11-2009, 03:38 PM
Joy and Miranda, thank you so much for your messages of encouragement. I feel so wonderful. Just wish I could do this more often and wish I could meet lovely girls like you for shopping and drinks.

I am so grateful for crossdressers.com for all the lovely people who have provided support and encouragement. Without you all, I would never have had the courage to step out like this (and, it's wonderful :) )

LindaMarie
05-11-2009, 03:39 PM
Karren,

Being a lady, I'm going to ignore that "old" remark. *giggle* Thanks so much for your lovely message. I've always been a skirt and dresses girl but lately, I've just loved the way I look in a cute top, jeans and heels. Jeans have a way of shaping me that just works wonders :)

Karren H
05-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Karren,

Being a lady, I'm going to ignore that "old" remark. *giggle* Thanks so much for your lovely message. I've always been a skirt and dresses girl but lately, I've just loved the way I look in a cute top, jeans and heels. Jeans have a way of shaping me that just works wonders :)

Pst!! The librarian is looking over your sholder!! Hahaha.. So you bring your camera?? Now it time to hit the ladies restroom too!! :). Your too sweet LM!!

LindaMarie
05-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Karren,

I did have a large Diet Coke so I may have to go to the ladies' :)

LindaMarie
05-12-2009, 10:18 AM
I'm not passable at all (maybe if I lost 20 pounds and had extensive plastic surgery :) )

It just seems like I don't care (though I have to admit the library is 25 miles from my home so even if I'm recognized, I won't be recognized as my boy self :)

Carly D.
05-12-2009, 10:35 AM
It might be pushing it to go back again really soon.. I know how I feel about breaking a place to shop for clothing.. nothing beats going to a store and buying something for the first time, and then feeling like you can go there anytime, and the same thing can be said about wearing to a place.. I got gas at a gas station and felt like I could go there again and again.. so I did.. tried another station but couldn't get comfortable going there dressed up so I didn't go there..

LindaMarie
05-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Good point, Carly.

It's good to get good advice (especially on a day like this when the "pink fog" really seems to be kicking in).

:)

Karren H
05-12-2009, 11:44 AM
You still there, Linda? lol Figured you were having soooo much fun that you didn't go home!! :D

SANDRA MICHELLE
05-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Good for you Linda, next time you are going to do this give me a heads up and i'll try to meet up with you. We can go shopping or grab a bite to eat. I am from Rockford so it would be close enough. i don't get out near as much any more, too busy trying to make a living in these tough times. My wife keeps telling me I need to get out to let of some "anxiety" so maybe soon.

Miranda09
05-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Hi Linda. Sounds like your library trips are getting addictive!! :) Who thought going to the library could be that much fun. :)

tricia_uktv
05-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Btill Linda, glad you enjoyed it. Have just thought what a good place the library is to go. Your voice will never give you away,

Hugs,

Trish

Maria in heels
05-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Linda...you look wonderful and its great to hear the positive coming thru your post...enjoy and I never even thougt of going to the library where it would be "safe"...

Jessica Who
05-12-2009, 09:40 PM
Next step: Chicago Public Library on Jackson & State ...hehe just kidding girl

Great job on taking such a daring step and congratulations on it going very well. Also, big thanks for sharing the pics with us.

Alice Torn
05-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Sandra, I am from Rockford, too! I left in 1981, went back, in 97, couldn't find work, came back out here. If i was back there, we could all three go out, and to the library,

Robyn68
05-12-2009, 09:53 PM
Congrats Linda.

Christina Horton
05-12-2009, 11:52 PM
the next time you go there you should take out a book like you time of the month and you. And see if the girl there thinks. Like is this a GG or some guy who's trying to learn what's it's like to be a women. Might be funny.

LindaMarie
05-13-2009, 02:02 AM
btill linda, glad you enjoyed it. Have just thought what a good place the library is to go. Your voice will never give you away,

hugs,

trish

lol :)

Sonia Greene
05-13-2009, 03:06 AM
Congratulations LM.........Wonderful ain't it!

My targets currently are the library (yr.idea!) and art gallery too......certainly visit the ladies.....

Best wishes.....Sonia X (You look great in your photos)

LindaMarie
05-13-2009, 10:03 AM
Sonia,

An art gallery sounds like a great place to visit.

Thanks for you compliment on my picture. You're very sweet. :)

All the best.

Linda

Julia Rose
05-14-2009, 02:42 PM
~~Yes we're all proud of you~~Here as so am I"--Thats ap/GRT !!!--I may not be there //But in thought ~ shall I be & here any time of need.....UR really qiut GRT'!--"""Bravo-Bravo""--HUGS A frd ::JULIA>.:hugs::)

Patricia1
05-14-2009, 03:00 PM
Way to go Linda Marie - something good for the body and the mind.

Jilmac
05-14-2009, 09:01 PM
When I reserved the movie "To Wong Foo" from my local library, I was dressed in drab. It took a couple days to arrive and when it did, I was dressed for a girls night out. I went to pick it up en femme and the woman behind the counter treated me as a female customer and called me Ms. McG----. I was elated :love: