PDA

View Full Version : somewhat outed at work...

foxyjj111
05-11-2009, 05:52 PM
so the people i work with already know that i take better care of myself than most women do and would easily be considered metrosexual. this is my actual male self, not even related to crossdressing so when they pick on me i dont get to concerned and its really all in good fun.

latlely i have been dressing more and more often and i they are starting to put the pieces together.

1. had residual makeup on my collar one day at work and was noticed.
(i said it was sunless tanner that rubbed off:doh:)
2. had a little eyeliner noticable one morning and didnt really have an
excuse for that.
3. they notice i shave my legs and trim my eyebrows but they know i
swim and dont question the legs.
4. today one of the guys noticed that i still had a little dark red nail polish in
the corner of my nails and commented on it. :heehee: ( i told him it was
spray paint that came of my skin but stuck in my nail bed.

the funny thing is none of them really care. they pick on me for it but again all in good fun. any intelligent person can add up the pieces and they are all by nature analytical people so im sure they have a good idea.

i guess the nature of my post just suggests that most people are pretty open minded and dont seem to flinch at such things. it may be all together different if i showed up to work as a women one day but i have been way less concerned about what people think lately.

anyone else share similar experience, feelings?

dilane
05-11-2009, 06:20 PM
Hmm...

Do you think that unconsciously you want to let the world know?

I've spent a lot of time en-femme over the last 20 years, and I've never left any makeup or NP on for work -- although my eyebrows have been groomed and I've been hair free on arms and legs. I wore long sleeves and long pants when I was working, I worked in an a/c environment.

In my case they *all* figured it out when I crossdressed (perfectly of course) for halloween :)

-- Diane

foxyjj111
05-11-2009, 06:28 PM
its not really a matter of subconsciousness. i guess i have become a little careless but only because i am less concerned about the consequences of an incidental discovery from a coworker, or anyone for that matter. i used to painstakingly remove any spot of evidence and although i am certainly not trying to get caught, i just dont care as much.

Laura Evans
05-11-2009, 06:48 PM
Foxi, I understand where you are coming from on this. I have becomed less concerned about people finding out and because of that I have been coming out more and more over time. I don't have work to worry about since I am retired but I have been going out in public to places I would have avoided in the past, such as outside my home with the neighbors watching for example. I am also less concerned about "really cleaning" my nails, not spending so much time to get every bit of the polish off, etc... Your not alone on this.:)

Gabrielle Hermosa
05-11-2009, 07:04 PM
...anyone else share similar experience, feelings?

My co-workers haven't picked up on me yet. Then again, there's not much effeminate about Gabe, my man-side. No one has ever noticed I shave my hands and arms, even though I was once picked on for having such hairy arms. I don't wear shorts to work, so they can't see my shaved legs. I rarely get to wear makeup in my hectic life, so no residual residue (at least not very often).

There are a couple people at work I wouldn't mind if they knew, but if word got out about me up the chain of command, I might find myself soon unemployed. The company president isn't very open minded and would probably not hesitate to let me go because "I put the wrong cover page on my TPS reports". ;) There are also a couple of guys at work that might give me a hard time. Nothing I can't handle - I can hold my own and then some, but it would definitely change the atmosphere for me at work.

I'd say if you're comfortable enough and believe your co-workers are already accepting - why not see what happens when you tell one or two? Of course, be certain you've thought all the worst case scenarios out well before doing so. Based on what you said though, sounds like you're off to a good start, should you want to come out at work. :)

5150 Girl
05-11-2009, 07:48 PM
When I was a in TV, everyone knew. But then again, the media tends to be a liberal bunch.
Somone added up the pices one day, and told everyone else. It was no big deal. However, working among TV reporters, I often was asked the standard "who, what, why, when, and how" gament. (especialy why and how)
The women would often give me makeup and asorted ohter items for helping them with speical projects. THere were a couple anchors who insited I do their makeup (if I wasn't busy)

For Haoloween (post outting) I would often dress up as the reporter or anchor who was, well, let's say the one we all hoped would move on first....

Of course in the field, I was as drab as a dude with long hair and nails could muster, but on station, nobody cared.

Angie G
05-11-2009, 08:01 PM
My hair is well past my shoulders I have both ears pierced clear mat polish on my gails. But they just don't get it thank god.:hugs:
Angie

Carola
05-11-2009, 09:24 PM
It's winter time here, so today i started to wear a panthyhose tshirt under my male shirt for the cold (yeah right). I was wearing a shirt with cufflinks an i didn't realized that the sleeve left a bigger space open than the regular shirts and i know that one of my coworkers saw the tshirt sleeve under the other one. He didn't say anything but it's the first time that someone saw me and i'm really afraid of what could happen.
Unfortunately, if i say something, it would be worst so now i'm stuck in the situation.

Diane Elizabeth
05-11-2009, 10:14 PM
I let my hair grow out. It stopped at 5 inches of length. For some reason I can't seem to get it any longer. Anyway, I was "teased" at work about my hair. References to the hippie era were made. Someone put up a pic of a wooly sheep with my name. Comments about being held down for a haircut. And being given clippers. I finally got tired of it and told the boss I was being harassed. He was part of the problem. He referred to it as "terasing" not "harassment". He did put a stop to it though. No one has mentioned about my legs being shaved, lucky for me. I don't think I want to deal with the teasing if I got my ears pierced.

Christina Horton
05-11-2009, 10:22 PM
everbody at my work knows and it's fine. Everybody I care about knows. I to could care less what people think. I were my nails long and all ways painted red pink blue etc. I drive truck and guys will talk to me like normal but I watch the sneek looks at my nails while there taking to me and think , is this how most men look at women when they think there girl friends are not looking. There so non disscreet about it I can see how women see it. It's very funny to watch them see my nails then to count how many times they look. I sometimes have to bite my tounge to keep from cracking up LOL. So yes I am fully out at work. I wrote about it so you can read all about it. Have fun outing your self at work Hun.

Carin
05-11-2009, 10:38 PM
4. today one of the guys noticed that i still had a little dark red nail polish in
the corner of my nails and commented on it. :heehee: ( i told him it was
spray paint that came of my skin but stuck in my nail bed.

the funny thing is none of them really care.

Do you thing his reaction would have been any different if you told him it was nail polish that stuck in your nail bed? Just wondering!

foxyjj111
05-12-2009, 05:48 AM
Do you thing his reaction would have been any different if you told him it was nail polish that stuck in your nail bed? Just wondering!

very good question. lol. i think he knew. he even said. "it looks like you didnt get all your nail polish off" it wasnt like he said hey dude whats that red stuff on you nail.

my biggest concern is having them assume i am gay. most people unfortunatley associate cding with homosexuality. i am not gay and am happily married which they know. i do work with inteligent people so maybe they do at least somewhat understand the concept. as long as they know the whole deal, im fine with them knowing i dress as a girl.

patricia 402
05-12-2009, 06:09 AM
funny i worry about5 this subdject a lot being in the trucking and heavy eqipment industry it wouldent go over very well even though ive been with the co for twenty years(sinior driver) the other morning i sat on a backhoe seat and my but got cold i felt back there and i had ahole in theass of my black carheart jeans but just by coinidence i was wearing black panties got lucky this time:)

Carin
05-12-2009, 07:40 PM
very good question. lol. i think he knew. he even said. "it looks like you didnt get all your nail polish off" it wasnt like he said hey dude whats that red stuff on you nail.

my biggest concern is having them assume i am gay. most people unfortunatley associate cding with homosexuality. i am not gay and am happily married which they know.

Just to pursue this a little bit farther. Consider, if you act like you are hiding something, then you leave to his imagination what you are up to. With your statement that it looked like nail polish to him, which you denied, now it looks to him like you are hiding something. Just a thought!

When we deny the truth, we propagate the misconceptions. We can't control what others thinks. We can only speak our own truth, and let truth lead the way.

DianneRoberts
05-12-2009, 08:54 PM
Temporary ( i hope for financial reasons ) unemployment has it's benefits.
A good time to grow without coworker worries.

:hugs:
Dianne

TSchapes
05-12-2009, 09:06 PM
I don't let them guess, I just show them pictures of Tracy that I keep in my wallet! More than 40 people at work now know, and I'm sure there's others that I haven't told! I get several responses:

Wow, I had no idea you were a cross-dresser
Hey, you look cute!
How does your wife feel about this?
Will you take me shopping?
Can I borrow one of your wigs?

Honestly, that's what I get at work!

I don't tell everyone, but if it comes up, I don't hide it. It has just worked out better for me.

Love, Tracy :love:

Jessica Who
05-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Well foxy, two things. First, it seems like you are very comfortable with yourself, which is super cool. Second, it's great that no one has made any negative comments. It'll be a better world when more people are accepting of out of the ordinary things :)