PDA

View Full Version : Sunburn!

StephanieCD
07-03-2005, 06:57 PM
My special night to myself, when I was planning on dressing and trying my new foundation (that actually matches my skin :rolleyes: ) has been ruined by a horrible sunburn. I can't even drape silk on my skin without pain. Can't move my head, arms... nothing. And I thought maybe the tan would look good... shoulda used sunblock.

Just wanted to bitch.

Tristen Cox
07-03-2005, 09:22 PM
That sux, I hope you put something on it to keep the itching down so at least you can sleep. :strugglin

Jenny Beth
07-03-2005, 09:36 PM
Ouch! That hurt's just thinking about it. I got burned really bad once....... I never go out without sunscreen anymore, especially if I'm on the water. Sorry to hear it ruined your night to dress up.

DanaJ
07-03-2005, 09:48 PM
I can commiserate Steph - I just got home form an all-day cookout, and I look like a lobster!!! Ouch ouch ouch...

DanaJ

Darlene.
07-03-2005, 09:49 PM
Soak a Tee shirt in vinegar and put it on. It will do wonders for your sun burn. Then when it is better apply some linseed oil and observe how quickly it turns to a tan.

Darlene.

Jenny Beth
07-03-2005, 09:51 PM
Well Dana, now you match your toes!

MisterMissy
07-03-2005, 09:55 PM
I dunno, Steph, it could be a lot worse,
let's say you just got a bikini cut and a hot wax and were at the beach and got sunburned where the daylight had never been then you would have avoided hot wax for a long time

Inredsatin
07-03-2005, 10:32 PM
I burn VERY easily and have had Sun poisoning TWICE!!! I know what your going thru. I try and keep out of the sun... especially mid-day if at all possible
Hugs,.... well not right now till you heal
Brenda

Nicole_Lasmedias
07-03-2005, 10:41 PM
I know exactly how you feel... I had really bad sunburn on my legs. I couldn't even walk. I got it two weeks ago... Still cant wear pantyhose.
Sorry to hear you have to suffer...

sarah
07-04-2005, 06:44 AM
As much as a tan looks nice dont forget the damage it will do ....and the wrinkels it leaves.!!!

Jennacd
07-04-2005, 07:13 AM
I once had sun poisoning on my lower legs and a few years later I decided to epilate. Shaving really irratated the skin, so I thought with an epilation that at least I wouldn't have to shave them every day or two. Well, the hair on the back of my calves and about 60% of the hair on the frontnever grew back. Due to the pain of sun poisoning however, I would NOT recommend this method for permenant hair removal! :rolleyes:

DonnaT
07-05-2005, 04:03 PM
Put some vinegar in a cool bath and soak, then apply Noxzema moisturizer to the burn.

Note that even on a cloudy day you can get burned and you have an even better chance of getting sun poisoning.

Wendy me
07-05-2005, 05:06 PM
go to a tanning salon and ask for the stuff thay use for someone that is burnt it works quick and cools the burn.....

Priscilla1018
07-05-2005, 08:20 PM
I have been burned so bad I had second degree burns(blisters) on most of my body.Fell asleep on a beach in Hawaiii.

Sweet Susan
07-05-2005, 08:26 PM
The tan will look great, that is if you tan. If you merely burn, then the burn will only lead to flaky skin, skin cancer, and grief.

Tamara Croft
07-05-2005, 08:41 PM
The tan will look great, that is if you tan. If you merely burn, then the burn will only lead to flaky skin, skin cancer, and grief.
Well said Susan.

You should be using sun block even if it's not hot!!! Did you know that fluorescent lighting, the bricks in your house, radiators etc can cause damage to the skin????? It takes away the moisture... so be safe and wear sunblock ALL the time!!! *slaps you*

StephanieCD
07-06-2005, 07:05 PM
I was bad.

:hiding:

That t-shirt in vinegar idea sounds good though... my mom used to put vinegar on my burns - yea, I burn easy.

Yea, I was bad.

:hiding:

Di
07-06-2005, 08:42 PM
AWWWWWWW hon thats terrible...I always burn too....very fair skined,,,,keep your sun block with you from now on.....Noxzema will help.......hugs