PDA

View Full Version : Work Transistion Complete... Chapter Closed

Ashlie Marie
05-12-2009, 11:06 PM
Hey everyone. Thought I would stop in and say hi.. Today at work was very intertesting. I started to answer the phones using my new name. It was almost a feeling of completness hearing customers refer to me as miss or maam or Ashlie all of a sudden.. It was great. So with my new badge and name all over the place I am closing this chapter on my transistion. I belive that my next chapter will be seeing an Endo and swaping from Herbals to a real partial HRT program. Since when I met my thera[ist she thought I was already on E for months lol. Anyways have a greatnight

Hugs,

Ashlie

Joni Beauman
05-13-2009, 12:32 AM
Best wishes to you = very brave and I am sure there are many stories you could share about co-worker reactions, effectiveness of herbals, how you breached the idea at work. All things I have considered, but not done. Joni

Veronica_Jean
05-13-2009, 05:25 AM
It is always wonderful to hear the successes along with the difficulties.

Enjoy each day Ashlie and congratulations :love:

Veronica

morgan51
05-13-2009, 06:45 AM
thankyou for giving me hope Ashley and congratulations for your courage. Morgan

GypsyKaren
05-13-2009, 08:56 AM
Ashlie, thank you for sharing this with us, you truly command my respect.

Karen :g3:

Sharon
05-13-2009, 10:10 AM
Very, very cool, Ashlie! :)

pamela_a
05-13-2009, 11:59 AM
Thank you Ashley. Your courage is an inspiration to many here I'm sure, I know it is to me. I'm so very glad things have gone well for you and you are on your way to a bright happy future.

Hugs and best wishes

-Paula-

Louistoalana
05-13-2009, 03:33 PM
As someone who has just come to terms with my 'condition', and is soon going to embark on the long journey. I find stories like this heart warming and encouraging :) x

Ashlie Marie
05-13-2009, 11:22 PM
Again Girls, you all know how to make a girl feel good. All the kind things you all say, I know why we are all family here. Have a great one

Suzy Harrison
05-23-2009, 09:29 AM
Congratulations Ashlie on your safe arrival into womanhood !

:hugs: Suzy, Perth, Western Australia

Carole Cross
05-23-2009, 10:47 AM
Congrats Ashlie, having just started my transition, it is great to hear of others success in attaining certain milestones which I have yet to overcome. It gives me hope that I too can have a successful transitiom, and I wish you continued success for the future. :hugs:

kristyk
05-23-2009, 04:21 PM
Congrats Ashley and it sounds like everything at work is going very nicely I am so happy for you
KristyK

denise413
05-26-2009, 08:59 PM
Congratulations, Ashlie! That is so awesome that things are working out so well at your job. I wish you all the best in your journey. :)

akaCathy
05-27-2009, 08:46 PM
Ashlie,

Congratulations on your new beginning. Another hero for us to admire.

Hugs,

Cate (formerly Cathy)

KaraChristine
05-27-2009, 09:55 PM
Hey Ashlie, Congratulations!! I think I have some idea of how you feel (it's been a couple months for me now back at work full time).

Now the real adventure begins as you explore what it's like to function in a new way in familiar surroundings. I think you'll find that it's a bit like entering an alternate universe in a Star Trek episode. The little external things look the same but everything is changed in a fundamental way.

One of the biggest hurdles for me sometimes can be impatience at not being treated as "one of the girls" yet. It's a unique experience to return to the same job as what appears to be a "brand new" person and coworkers need time to adjust to your new role - so in a way it's like being a 'third sex' sometimes. You're definitely no longer one of the guys, but often to people who've known you, you're not yet fully one of the girls either. It's interesting and exciting and thrilling and depressing and frustrating and wonderful all at the same time, and it does help to share the experience in a forum like this (as of course I'm doing now I guess!!).

Best of luck again and welcome to yourself!!! Keep us updated on the progress.

Ashlie Marie
05-27-2009, 11:09 PM
Hey everyone again that you for all the kind words. Well it has been alomst 2 full weeks with me using my new name on phones all day long, the biggest thing I have noticed is how differently you get treated on the phone as a lady. It is wierd even some customers that call in all the time and know my voice got used to Ashlie quick and now its hun and dear all the time. it is odd and I talk to states all over so it is many differnt types of areas. I have been getting emails from a few people here and there that must have missed my letter but noticed I was well Jeff was gone from thier contact lists and this Ashlie girl was everywhere lol. its fun.,but like I always say I want people to ask me directly and not go to other people and get misdirected info. we all have to put up with labels and socity enough lol. well last Friday the head security dude was finally in so I got my new badge. most of you all know I work for america's largest Health insurance company so I am too lazy to black things out but here it hot off the web cam lol.. have a great night ladies

Hugs,
Ash