PDA

View Full Version : If you were well over 6' tall what would you do

DianneRoberts
05-13-2009, 10:13 AM
If you were well over 6' tall what would you do ?
I feel like the "elephant man"
Grotesque and misformed
Gabrielle Reese is short compared to me.
and she's slender I'm muscle-bound.

back to the closet.

:cry:
Dianne

Joni Marie Cruz
05-13-2009, 10:40 AM
Dianne, for what it's worth, I am over 6 foot, not much I admit, 6-1 at least in the morning and I weigh <cough cough>, I mean I weigh <cough cough cough>...oh never mind how much I weigh. But I don't let it stop me from doing what I want. I'm not passable, though some days I don't do too bad, mostly I just don't care anymore if I get read or not. Joke them if they can't...well you know the rest.<g>

Girl, don't let your height or your weight or whatever stop you from doing what you want to do. l hate to say it, but there are lots of g-girls who aren't "passable", at least by the standards some t-girls set for themselves. Yes, it's a difficult journey we're on, lots of self doubt and worries, two steps forward and one step back or even one step forward and two steps back some days. But don't give up, you won't like it in the closet anymore, too many vicious dustbunnies and you're always tripping over your shoes. Hang in their, girl, you're among friends.

Hugs...Joni Marie

Vieja
05-13-2009, 11:03 AM
Dianne, as a vertically challenged person I can tell you that tall is really great. I used to stand on a footstool to see how the world looked to a tall person. I swear that the air seemed clearer up there. I bet that with a bit of help you could really present yourself very well as a tall woman. Don't let being tall get you down. Only us short persons are allowed to have the blues.

Vieja

MissConstrued
05-13-2009, 11:13 AM
At 6' even, I might blend in flat shoes... but flats are nowhere near as fun as high heels. The shoes I like make me the tallest chick in a 5-mile radius. But I don't care about being read.

When your only real option is to stick out, then stick out with pride, and have fun doing it.

There are always people worse off than you.

Krista1985
05-13-2009, 11:25 AM
I'm fairly tall too,

I think the only way to look and feel shorter is to hang out with taller people. The old basketball motto, "you can't teach height" seems to cut both ways for me. In my male life I like being above average height, tons of advantages to it. Still, it works against me when I feel pretty.

I know many GG's that are as tall as me (just over 6 feet tall) and that gives me hope.

I know there's tricks to look slimmer,
Black clothes or vertical stripes I think. Anything like that which would help one appear shorter?

angie
05-13-2009, 11:26 AM
Grotesque and misformed

back to the closet.

Dianne
I'm well over six feet. I just love to wear gartered stockings. The gentle massage to the thighs and movement of the straps as you walk and move is off the wall sensual. It's no trouble finding garter belts that fit very nicely; I have many with up to sisteen straps-the more the merrier. But the hardest thing is to find long enough stockings. My best solution is to buy queen size thigh highs. They are made to go al the way up the thigh, and so are longer than gartered stockings. I fasten my garters into the elastic band at the stocking top. It's usually possible to do this with good metal clasps.

Joni Marie Cruz
05-13-2009, 11:35 AM
Hi Miss-

Not to head off down a different path altogether, but I am so with you on the shoe thing. If I were really trying to blend in (as if) it would be ballet flats and "sensible" (hate that word) shoes all the time. But I love my heels, especially my 5" cfmp's and if I'm up in the clouds it just allows me to see the sales signs easier.

Hugs...Joni Marie

Jenniferpl
05-13-2009, 11:40 AM
Being tall can be a bleasing, espically with legs. Since I am not concerned with going out is public, 4" heels along with nylons are wonderfull to wear and look at. The other side of the coin is a long torso, which is difficult to keep cover with tops. Most of us are probably not passable in public anyway so why worry about it. Make the best of you assets and have fun with it. As I have discovered, it is about the journey, not the finished product.

SherriePall
05-13-2009, 11:41 AM
Dianne -- There's a girl in Pittsburgh, Pa., who with her heels stands close to 7-foot. Yet, she is out and about in Pittsburgh and the rest of the country. She is a good looking woman, too,

Sarah...
05-13-2009, 11:42 AM
I'd say walk tall and walk proud. I do - I'm 6ft 3.5ins in heels.

Sarah...

pamela_a
05-13-2009, 11:54 AM
I'm 6'4" and weigh, well, more than I should. How does that change how I dress (and I dress daily)? Not at all. Not long ago I was told by a lady that I'm such a tall woman I should be playing for the Lynx (Minnesota's women's pro basketball team). I've spoken with other ladies who tell me about how tall some of their friends/relatives are (ggs all over 6 feet).

Maria Sharapova and Ana Ivanovic (for all of you women's tennis fans) are both over 6 feet tall.

I can walk into Lane Bryant and buy clothes that fit me right off the rack. That tells me there are a lot of other women my size (and shape) out there. I tend to wear flats or low heels but that's just me.

Wherever I go I try to project just one image, that of a tall woman. I'm not going to hide or cower because of my size. Does that make it more difficult to blend in? Possibly, but I hope the looks are more people seeing a tall woman.

-Paula-

Persephone
05-13-2009, 12:06 PM
Fashion Tips for Tall Women: Choosing Clothes that Flatter Your Stature (click here) (http://searchwarp.com/swa420684.htm)

"There are a lot of great things about being a tall woman. You can wear wide belts with confidence. You can wear horizontal stripes and textured patterns without appearing squat. You can also easily adapt most popular runway styles, since they are designed for tall women."

The article includes two sections, "Emphasize Your Height" and "De-emphasize Your Height," so you can take your choice.

Several different stores and brands have clothing designed for tall women.

You might check the J. C. Penny catalog. Their stores don't typically carry them, but they have misses' and women's clothes in "Tall" and "Ultra-tall." If you have one of their outlet stores nearby you may find those styles there.

Alana65
05-13-2009, 12:16 PM
I feel your pain Dianne......

I'm in the "well over 6ft" group........6'4+" in my barefeet to be exact. I'm too scared to go "out" in public by myself, so you're not alone. :hugs:

LisaM
05-13-2009, 12:18 PM
I'm 6'3" and I don't consider it the end of the world. There are so many young girls now that are well over 6'.

I even met a transitioned TS woman who was 3'4 inches taller than me and fully integrated into the real world.

Jennifer in CO
05-13-2009, 12:21 PM
Dianne,

I'm at 6'4 and I agree blending is not really possible. You are going to typically be the tallest woman where ever you go. But don't let that small thing bother you. Look at female basketball players. They are small at 6' and usually push 6'6. I had the chance to meet one while my wife and I were out to dinner about 25 years ago. I still had to look up to her. When she saw me she beamed with a smile a mile wide. If she "read" me it never showed on her face. The matrd'e of the restaurant even said that we must be basketball players. She said yes, I said no - asthma - to which she said that it wasn't fair I could of been a killer player!
It was a brief encounter but it showed me one thing. Be confident in who you are and confidence in what you are will follow.

Now on to a 2nd question... maybe you need to change what your wearing in public to boost your confidence if your just starting out. Go for "drab-fem" clothing (slacks, simple blouse/top, shoes, etc) to start. Wear these in male mode to get past the first step. Then when your confidence is up there make some subtle changes to present a more female look. Androgyny is out for the tall person because even if you were a tall GG the first thing people will think is "are you a guy" and you have to present past that.

above all, be yourself

Jenn

Miranda09
05-13-2009, 12:48 PM
Dianne, I was just at the grocery store and saw a women who was taller than me and I'm 6'1". And she was a GG!!! So don't let it bother you. :)

DianneRoberts
05-13-2009, 01:43 PM
Everytime a man over 6' sees a woman taller than he is he takes a triple take.
A heavy burdon for newbies that would rather not be noticed.

Maybe in time, probably in a different geographical area.

Nobody around here would say, "Hey, isn't that Dianne" no they'd say "Hey, isn't that ZZZZZZZ in a dress"

If I won a trip to Vegas it would be 100% no problem, nobody there knows me. Wow am I excited just thinking about that !!!!
Full make-over, shopping, shopping, dining out all en femme.

Someday
A girl can dream !

:hugs:
Dianne

and I promise to buy a camera as soon as I land a job, promise

Carly D.
05-13-2009, 01:54 PM
I'm at the six foot cutoff point.. cut off some of my height I want to wear high heels.. no, I wear high heels even though I am this tall.. the reason is because I'm a cross dresser and I don't let the vain rules GG's live by.. I wear white after Labor day and really could care less about all of their stupid rules...

Miranda09
05-13-2009, 01:58 PM

Nobody around here would say, "Hey, isn't that Dianne" no they'd say "Hey, isn't that ZZZZZZZ in a dress"

If I won a trip to Vegas it would be 100% no problem, nobody there knows me. Wow am I excited just thinking about that !!!!

Someday
A girl can dream !

Dianne

Dreams give you something to look forward to. You don't want to have it all right away! Where's the fun in that? Personally, I'm dreaming of a journey to Seattle and the Emerald Fantasy for a very special weekend. Someday!!!! :)

Karren H
05-13-2009, 02:04 PM
I used to be over 6 foot tall but thanks to time and gravity.... I shrunk to 5' 9".... Another 50 years and I figure I'll be the height of the average woman... Average dead woman.. Sigh

But tall women have the same problem!! Sticking out and hard to find clothes... But what they do have that your don't (besides the obvious :D). Is an attitude that projects that they belong there dressed as they are.. Feminine attitude or what ever you want to call it but they are proud and confident... Develop that attitude too and height or clothing or looks are secondary.. In my humble opinion

deja true
05-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Well, hunny...the only thing you'll have to do, is stand in the back row during the group photo shoot.

Other than that, just do whatever the heck you want.

Amazons rule!

:D

Kelli Michelle
05-13-2009, 03:15 PM
I am just over 6', though not all that heavy anymore. Still, I tower over most everyone (especially in heels, lol). Other than slouching there is no way around the height issue. Standing tall and proud will make you more feminine. It pulls your stomach in (hides, at least a little bit any pounch that one might have), thrusts your breasts out and just presents better. I bet you have excellent legs----show them off. As many people have written here, confidence helps in presenting your feminine side.

Janet Bern
05-13-2009, 03:29 PM
I am 6'3..185 and wear about a 14 dress. When I go out I found it easier to blend with a calf length skirt and turtle neck with flats. I shop during the weekdays and have lunch. I have had no problems at all. dont get second looks or even first looks. when standing I usually drop my knees a bit so I get down to around 6' . it seems to work.. Janet

AllieSummers
05-13-2009, 03:43 PM
Hi...

I'm almost 6'3" tall. I had to face the fact that even if I wear flats I'm going to be taller than most women (and men). So you know what I did? NO. I didn't go back into the closet.

I wear 5" spike heels most of the time. That makes me almost 6'8" when I wear them. I have embraced the fact that I am special, that I stick out in the crowd. I don't want to be like other women. I am me.

I was told something by another girl one night. She said, "You have to own it". What is it? It doesn't matter what it is. Whatever you have you have to own it.

If I go out I have a ton of guys and girls hit on me. They ask to take pictures of me and even come up and just start dancing with me when I'm in clubs. It is because I own it and I flaunt it. ;-)

I have CONFIDENCE...that is what attracts people to you. I don't care how tall you are. If you don't have confidence then people can smell it and they will look at you as weak. It doesn't matter how tall you are if you are weak people will not be attracted to you as friends or lovers.

If you don't have confidence then fake it until you get it. When I'm dressed I don't care what other people think. If they don't like me then forget them. I don't need them.

So, my advice is simple...

Get out of that closet, flaunt what you have and OWN IT!!!

Kisses,

Allie Summers

P.S. Sorry if my post sounds cocky but that is the attitude you need. I'm really a very nice, sweet person and get most of my joy from making other people happy. I'm not self-centered or conceited or anything like that. I just was trying to get the "attitude" across that you need to develop. :)

Joy Carter
05-13-2009, 03:48 PM
Not to worry, I see tall GG's all the time. My only problem is finding dresses that fit my height. Pants, no problem.

Miranda09
05-13-2009, 04:46 PM
Hi...

I'm almost 6'3" tall. I had to face the fact that even if I wear flats I'm going to be taller than most women (and men). So you know what I did? NO. I didn't go back into the closet.

I wear 5" spike heels most of the time. That makes me almost 6'8" when I wear them. I have embraced the fact that I am special, that I stick out in the crowd. I don't want to be like other women. I am me.

I was told something by another girl one night. She said, "You have to own it". What is it? It doesn't matter what it is. Whatever you have you have to own it.

If I go out I have a ton of guys and girls hit on me. They ask to take pictures of me and even come up and just start dancing with me when I'm in clubs. It is because I own it and I flaunt it. ;-)

I have CONFIDENCE...that is what attracts people to you. I don't care how tall you are. If you don't have confidence then people can smell it and they will look at you as weak. It doesn't matter how tall you are if you are weak people will not be attracted to you as friends or lovers.

If you don't have confidence then fake it until you get it. When I'm dressed I don't care what other people think. If they don't like me then forget them. I don't need them.

So, my advice is simple...

Get out of that closet, flaunt what you have and OWN IT!!!

Kisses,

Allie Summers

P.S. Sorry if my post sounds cocky but that is the attitude you need. I'm really a very nice, sweet person and get most of my joy from making other people happy. I'm not self-centered or conceited or anything like that. I just was trying to get the "attitude" across that you need to develop. :)

Insightful post Allie and some good advice. :)

Byanca
05-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Agree with Allie. But it is not so easy.....but thanks :)
I'm 6.1. I hear so much that it is so bad. It's a bit special, that's all. You will have longer legs, that is a good thing ;)

Here is a long chick :battingeyelashes: How I've been dressed the last few days.
http://i43.tinypic.com/apfadw.jpg

Was just outside. And a woman came past with her dog. The she stopped. And shy as I am I did not say anything, just smiled. Then she started talking. And I clapped the dog. And even talked back a bit, until she grew bored I think, when I did not say anything more. Anyway. This is nice. She has walked past before. Next time I will talk more! And fix my face with some make up and such.
:):)
Go out, I always think so negative, but it also always turns out better!

Deedee Dupree
05-13-2009, 05:21 PM
I'm between 6' and 6' 5" in heels, and have broad shoulders. Eventually, I stopped comparing myself to others in a negative way, that is, rather than be envious, etc., I incorporated what I could from other's examples and learned to make the most of my attributes... misdirecting away from what I once thought of as shortcommings. What GG's do... i hope<smile>

I dress for me, and I am satisfied how I look most of the time... that's what counts. When someone compliments me, that is very nice, but I think the compliments may have as much to do with my attitude as they do with my appearance.

dd

BeckiB
05-13-2009, 08:55 PM
At 6' even, I might blend in flat shoes... but flats are nowhere near as fun as high heels. The shoes I like make me the tallest chick in a 5-mile radius. But I don't care about being read.

When your only real option is to stick out, then stick out with pride, and have fun doing it.

I totally agree and I am over 6' myself.

"Mary"
05-13-2009, 09:47 PM
Dianne, I was just at the grocery store and saw a women who was taller than me and I'm 6'1". And she was a GG!!! So don't let it bother you. :)

I'm 5' 13"

I see 6' girls several times a week. They stand out and do get second looks, so that's part of our challenge if you want to blend in.

Someday
A girl can dream !

Dianne

An equally good point - that's my view.

Jessica Who
05-13-2009, 09:50 PM
Dianne, look at Candace Parker the WNBA player. I think she's absolutely gorgeous and she is 6'4". I also have a couple of GG friends who are 5'11" without heels.

DianneRoberts
05-13-2009, 10:04 PM
she is beautiful.
I guess I have some work to do.

Gabbrial Reese is beautiful also.

They have the advantage of starting out pretty.
I'll have a lot further to go.

:)

Thank you for all of your help with CD.
Maybe someday I'll be able to go out freely.

I look forward to the day when men can wear dresses as freely as woman wear pants ! ( my new motto )

Dianne

Xenia
05-13-2009, 10:06 PM
Add me to the tall-drink-o'-water list.....6'4" here. Yes, I realize that there are GGs around my height, but they're vanishingly rare. Heck, it's pretty unusual for me to meet a man who's taller than I am.

My major peeve with being the size that I am is shoes. I take a size 14 or 15 in women's shoes, which pretty much means the only ones I'll find in my size are the ultra-fetish 5-inch stilettos that some shady-looking websites carry. Yeah, they're fun, they're sexy, but sheesh....THAT's what makes it impossible for me to pass. What woman would wear those to run down to the corner store for a gallon of milk?

In such modern times, it just boggles my mind that there's not ONE company willing to make a sensible two-inch pump in size 14. Criminy.

Teri Jean
05-13-2009, 10:08 PM
Dianne, I stand 6-4 in my nylons and with heels well over 6-7 but the thing that I have found is hieght is relevant. My youngest daughter is 6-2 and gorgeous, so don't dwell on that issue and enjoy. Personally I would like to be 5-4 and a size 1 but then no one would notice me, LOL

Keli

Tasha McIntyre
05-13-2009, 10:14 PM
At 6 ft 2, it looks like I am one of the shorter girls posting on this thread. I love the long legged look I can get in a mini skirt.

Be proud of who you are, and carrry yourself with dignity.

Good luck

Tash :)

Phyliss Hdson
05-14-2009, 12:01 AM
Hi Dianne,
I am 6'3" in flats if I wore them. all my shoes have 3-4 inch heels. I figure I will be noticed no matter what so I stand tall, hold my head up, and out I go. But never alone (your other post) unless ive been to the place before. Day time is abit different.
My hieght was the main thing that kept me from getting out sooner than I did
Hugs Phyliss

Alice Torn
05-14-2009, 12:32 AM
I understand quite a bit! At six foot six barefoot, and six ten in heels! I am like a tight end in a dress! I only go out about once or twice a year, and am read unless some distance away. Kind of like Jethro on The Beverly Hillbillies, as his sister Jethrine. It is hard to find guy or gal clthes, that fit, too.

I wish there were a few more single GG's, six foot or over around these parts. Seems the ones i do get to talk to are all married...to shorter guys. I know of a lot of over six foot single men, who can't find a tall single GG. Send some this way!

Intertwined
05-14-2009, 01:18 AM
Fashion Tips for Tall Women: Choosing Clothes that Flatter Your Stature (click here) (http://searchwarp.com/swa420684.htm)

The article includes two sections, "Emphasize Your Height" and "De-emphasize Your Height," so you can take your choice.

Several different stores and brands have clothing designed for tall women.

You might check the J. C. Penny catalog. Their stores don't typically carry them, but they have misses' and women's clothes in "Tall" and "Ultra-tall." If you have one of their outlet stores nearby you may find those styles there.

Thank you VERY much for that information !

I am 6 foot 2 inches barefooted, and usually wear a 5 inch heel.
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/picture.php?pictureid=9987&albumid=927&dl=1232602284&thumb=1

happygirl
05-14-2009, 01:32 AM
I dont do public because I would draw a crowd, and that's not my intention. the only problem is when in heels I hit my head on the doorway. 6'5" in flats, in heels I can touch the moon:c9:

Vicky_Scot
05-14-2009, 05:18 AM
6'2" in stocking soles here and nothing I can do about it.

So just enjoy being a tall beautiful woman.

Xx Vicky xX

Fab Karen
05-14-2009, 06:16 AM
Tall girls rule, others drool :)
Walk tall & proud.

Teri Jean
05-14-2009, 02:31 PM
Some of us are vertically gifted and others vertically challenged. LOL giggles LOL snicker LOL LOTF In reality I would like to be 5-4 instead of 6-4 but then maybe next time around. Short guys love tall women with big boobs, hmmmmmmmm. LOL

Keli

Sharon B.
05-14-2009, 03:51 PM
In my stocking feet I am 6'-4" but I enjoy wearing heels along with dresses, skirts and blouses.
At this time about the only time I go out is either for a drive and/or to the post office after hours. I don't worry too much about people when I am out dressed as a woman mailing something. Now if I just had the nerve to have a manicure done, I would probably go out more than what I do and would go to a gay and lesbian nightclub and maybe shopping somewhere.

Hope
05-15-2009, 01:49 AM
What if I were over 6' tall? What would I do?

I AM over 6' - 6'2" in fact. Which seems to put me on the short side in this thread - which is weird because I am pretty used to being the tallest GUY in most any room I walk into - much less girl.

But the truth is that there are tall girls out there. Trust me, I used to have a thing for tall girls - they are around - though admittedly much fewer and farther in between. Like we don't already know that.

But what do we do? Besides undergo some weird, painful, experimental shrinking surgery... we do our best and we make do. We just have to make sure everything else is perfect - makeup, outfit, hair... and remember that the most influential aspect to passing is not how perfect our make-up and hair is, but rather how we move, how we carry ourselves, and even more powerfully - having the attitude in order.

Add me to the tall-drink-o'-water list.....6'4" here. Yes, I realize that there are GGs around my height, but they're vanishingly rare. Heck, it's pretty unusual for me to meet a man who's taller than I am.

My major peeve with being the size that I am is shoes. I take a size 14 or 15 in women's shoes, which pretty much means the only ones I'll find in my size are the ultra-fetish 5-inch stilettos that some shady-looking websites carry. Yeah, they're fun, they're sexy, but sheesh....THAT's what makes it impossible for me to pass. What woman would wear those to run down to the corner store for a gallon of milk?

In such modern times, it just boggles my mind that there's not ONE company willing to make a sensible two-inch pump in size 14. Criminy.

Oh I hear you. I would give half my kingdom for shoes that were not patent leather, stripper sandals or ballet flats - and in colors other than black, red, white or pink. They exist - but they cost about half of my kingdom. Check out the site below:

http://www.kathrynkerrigan.com/

Some of her shoes are available on Amazon for better prices - but still not cheap. Still not like most girls can do at Payless... but they are cute shoes that don't make you look like a stripper.

Lilith Moon
05-15-2009, 02:08 AM
My wife and I are both 6' tall. She looks great and still turns heads even though she is no longer a young cutie.

Mary Jane1
05-15-2009, 08:16 PM

That's a really good attitude. I try to feel that way myself but I'm not there yet. I'm 6'3" with a big build. I don't mean fat but just big - athletic I guess you'd call it. So even in flats, thats over 6'3". In my favorite 2" heels I'm 6'5" and believe me, people take a 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 10th look at a 6'5" woman.

So I try to count my blessings - I'm happy & comfortable with my femininity, I've pretty good legs, smooth skin, little body hair and a well proportioned (if over sized) female figure.

And I try to remember, "There are always people worse off than you/me"

Jennifer in CO
05-15-2009, 08:41 PM
to add an OBTW to this thread...our youngest daughter (just turned 21) is 6'. It has been funny to hear her tell tails of getting hit on...usually by short guys.

Jenn

CD Susan
05-15-2009, 08:54 PM
Dianne, I am 6' 1" and do not let this stop me from going out. I see plenty of GG's that are as tall as me or taller so it is not that big of a deal. I just don't care what others think of my height so it is not a problem for me.

sometimes_miss
05-16-2009, 04:06 AM
Hey, Dianne, don't get so down. There are lots of us tall guys who are disappointed that we can never look like the beautiful women do.
Whenever I look at my 'lineman's physique', I just try to remember what one gay girl told me: Even though I may be a girl on the inside, there are still going to be way more women interested in me because I'm a big strong male than will ever be interested in her. Not much of a consolation prize, but it is something. One recent survey on dating said that the one key advantage a guy can have over other guys is just to be tall.
So....sure, in my heels, I hit the top of the doorway. But I can only guess it's better than the opposite, like being four foot three (apologies to any of you who actually are four foot three, nothing personal). The very short people who I've known really hate the limitations they have to live with. Me, I've learned to live with the additional bumps on my head. I can always cover them with a pretty wig.

Orlee
05-16-2009, 06:45 AM
Hehe, gosh, don't make me feel better for being merely 5"6' :P ! When I play basketball I always wish I was taller. Or reaching tall shelves, or looking over a crowd. More benefits if you ask me to being tall, practically speaking. :)

Bottom line, if I were y'all heights I'd go play basketball :P

-Orlee

Genifer Teal
05-16-2009, 08:04 AM
At 6' 4" (without my usual 5 inch heels), when I walk into a room, I know I will get noticed - unless its a blind convention. (no offense intended to my blind sisters) That attention can either frighten you away, or you can own it. You need to refill your prescription for attitude. Then take 2 and call me in the morning. lol

Actually, attitude IS your answer. I may be skinnier, but still have height issues. What I find with short people is, if they don't have it (height) many of them want it. Keep that in mind as they glance up at you. Then again, you never know what you really want until you get it - and I have plenty. lol

You can't win a race if you expect to loose. If you can picture yourself winning, you have a much greater chance of doing well. The moment you start thinking everyone is staring at your height, you have lost. Think something more like, "I bet they love my shoes", or maybe "This IS the perfect matching handbag". Just a little something to lift your spirits. It will show on the outside. Then people will notice that too.

One time I came in 10th in a race. I couldn't be happier. Sure, it would have been great to win, but 10th out of 50 wasn't bad. What was more important is that I did my personal best that day. That is all anyone can expect. Be the best you can be. Win or loose, you will have no regrets.

No matter what height/weight you might be, find a way to make it work. Highlight your best feature. Make people focus more on that and they will focus less on your height. Before you know it they'll be saying "She's the tall one, with the beautiful smile" or "That amazing dress wouldn't work on me, I'm too short".

Soo much goes on in our heads we often don't realize. Best of all, we have to power to control every bit of it. So take those attitude pills and give it a try. Instead of just entering the room, MAKE AN ENTRANCE!

Gen

BTW - Does anyone think RuPaul is beautiful? (most of the time) Did you know she is 6' 4"? Think of that the next time you feel awkward.

TxKimberly
05-16-2009, 08:10 AM
I have a friend (non-TG) who once shared a joke with me.
He got so tired of people asking "How's the air up there?" that he started to reply "It kind of stinks of trolls". Every time I think if this I can't help smiling . . .

Joy Carter
05-16-2009, 08:18 AM

Dianne

Stand in a hole ? :heehee:

Annie D
05-16-2009, 09:12 AM
I used to feel that being 6'1" was a reason for me to be self-conscious and worried about if I was recognized as a male but I finally came to terms with my size, my sex and my appearance. It was when I realized that I probably would not pass when closely scrutinized, that I relaxed and just tried to be a normal female. When I am out, I try to dress appropriately and wear clothing that "I" feel comfortable in. I want to feel pretty as Annie and when I do so, I think that I look fairly attractive; not the kind of attractive that entices someone to come on to me but rather the kind that indicates that I care about my appearance and presentation. I haven't thought about my height in months but rather how I present myself. I smile alot and speak. My voice is a bigger indicator that I am male more than my height but when I soften it, I am more likely to be accepted for who I am rather than what I am.

Please don't be afraid of who you are; be friendly, be confident and most importantly be yourself. If you were really a bad person, you wouldn't be wearing the clothes you have on when out.

Kimberly Marie Kelly
05-16-2009, 04:31 PM
There are lots of tall women in the world, as they say stand tall, be confident and be yourself. :battingeyelashes:

TSchapes
05-16-2009, 05:25 PM

I am, 6'4". Generally, when out in the day time I try and keep the heels under 2", usually wear flats. Night time, I don't care what height I wear. The most important part is to own it and be proud of your height. Don't slouch, shoulders back! If you have confidence, people will respect you!

Grotesque and misformed

Someone's in the need for a makeover! No really, go to someone like Jamie Austin (http://www.myspace.com/jamieaustinsangels) and have a pro make you over. They do a tremendous job! And you will see your potential immediately. Go to one of the many TG conferences (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98277) and go to the helpful classes.

Well if you need to reduce your muscles, check out Renee Reyes (http://www.reneereyes.com/Webdocs/make-4body2-exercise.htm) website. She had big muscles too, but used exercise to reduce them. And yes Gabrielle Reese is 6'3" here's another GG that's a model at 6'4". Alexis Skye:

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm4/TracySchapes/AlexisSkye.jpg

Oh note, that she doesn't seem to care that she's almost 7' tall in heels, hence the ruler in the picture. I've written to her and she says why shouldn't she be able to where high-heels? They maker her legs look great! You can check out her website here: Alexis Skye (http://www.alexisskye.com/index.htm)

back to the closet.

Dianne

OK, Dianne, dry up those tears and suck it up! You want it, go make it happen! The tools are out there, and by all means do it with confidence!

Love, Tracy :love:

TxKimberly
05-16-2009, 05:30 PM
I am, 6'4". . . . :

Just for the record, Tracy Shapes is one of the cutest and most passable TG's I know. Being tall doesn't seem to hurt her much!

inquisitiv
05-16-2009, 05:31 PM
From a gal who is 5'5", I'd say a whole lot less stretching!

TSchapes
05-16-2009, 05:52 PM
Just for the record, Tracy Shapes is one of the cutest and most passable TG's I know. Being tall doesn't seem to hurt her much!

:o:bighug:

Love, Tracy

windycissy
05-16-2009, 07:13 PM
Go out with a taller person, gentlemen companions are very useful for this purpose...

CharlotteW
05-16-2009, 07:19 PM
I just thought I'd montion this.....

I visited a clinic with a post-op friend last week. Whilst in the waiting room I heard a really deep voice, quite loud too. I looked around to see a TS (not sure if pre or post op) at the counter talking to the receptioninst, I swear she was at least 7foot tall in flat shoes, maybe even 7'3". When she left the room she ducked under the door. She looked happy enough so good luck to her.

Maddie22
05-16-2009, 07:31 PM
I seem to be the one of the taller ones here. I stand 6'5''-6'6'' bare foot. It is hard to get adjusted to, you always stand out dressed or not. But I do have great legs when dressed. The foot size does stink. Xena, there is a site that I found that has really good shoe sizes for us larger feet girls (Between 14-15 men's here) go to www.ledame.com The have flats for girls like us.

anDrea F
05-16-2009, 07:44 PM
I think most things have been said allready.However it all depends on the situation you are thinking of putting youreself in. Personally if i were you I would be wearing heels as I think they will create the correct posture for a women of youre height even if only 2" or more again depending on the location. Then a top that comes halfway across youre behind with a skirt or jeans. A wide waist cincer belt and handbag with shoulder strap that adjusts so the bottom hangs just above the hip can help create an illusion of looking shorter. Hope this helps.:thumbsup:

Samantha43
05-16-2009, 08:41 PM
Tall girls rock!!!:cheer:

obsessedwithpantyhose
05-16-2009, 08:54 PM
im 6 ft without heels and when im at the bars all they ask me is "how do you walk in those",,,i wear 5 inch platform heels,,,,

only live once,,do you want to spend it in the closet?????

Barbara Dugan
05-16-2009, 09:43 PM
I am 5 10 without heels even I am not over 6ft I always have feel a little tall since I am Mexican and Mexican girls are only just a bit higher than 5ft

sometimes_miss
05-17-2009, 06:59 AM
Orlee wrote:
Bottom line, if I were y'all heights I'd go play basketball :P
Been there, done that years ago until arthritis took away my knees. Fun, and I could jump and dunk fine, but had what they refer to as 'slow feet'; most people would just run around me. Height isn't the be all and end all of basketball; speed and control are actually much more important. I think Mugsy Bogues and Spud Webb both were about five four, and both had all star careers in the NBA. For those with vertical leaps like that, height truly is no obstacle.

Nicki B
05-17-2009, 12:51 PM
What do you mean, IF? :rolleyes:

I think I'll send my friend Siobhan across to give you a slap - red hair, late 30s, junior school teacher - she's 6'3", 210+lbs (exactly the same as me) but she was born female.

We met in Manchester last year, at the end of Sparkle - and we both said how good it was to find someone else the same size (even if she's ten years younger than me - bitch).

There are lots of us tall guys who are disappointed that we can never look like the beautiful women do.

She might give you one, too..

Seamus_Jameson
05-17-2009, 01:53 PM
The opposite side of the equation isn't much fun either. I feel for you, Dianne. 5'2" at the best of times, most women tower over me, nevermind other men.

Don't go back in the closet, though! When you feel like yourself, you act like yourself, and people will (generally) treat you like yourself. And that doesn't have a thing to do with height!

Dita_B
05-17-2009, 04:38 PM
I have just finished reading the entire thread and I think that most of the "being tall" issues have already been addressed perfectly...

But I still would like to add my personal 2 bits:

First of all, being tall (I am 6' 1"), means that I stand out in any crowd and tower over almost all of the girls and most of the men.

Second of all, I don't like to dress to blend in, I like to dress to stand out... I have encountered many GG's that were as tall as I am, but most of them dressed down unattractively and wore flats. At times, I tried to talk to them and asked why they wouldn't wear heels... And most of them answered that they were too chicken to do so...

Well, I get most compliments from women about my legs and since I find that long legs come out best in heels and short skirts, that is what I wear. In the last 3 years, I have clocked about 12 hours/week walking in malls and the downtown core in full daytime, which amounts to having been almost 1,900 hours in plain public view so far and that was not only locally, but also during visits in the US. I do most of my things enfemme, such as grocery shopping, banking, getting my car refueled and serviced, flying, dealing with the TSA, crossing the border, going out Saturday night dancing in a straight pub by live music, you name it and I have NEVER, EVER had a problem, although I know I don't pass.
Guys still open doors for me, traffic stops at the crosswalk and I still get compliments from GG's all the time... even from those who just pass by... whether it is about my outfit, the color combination's I wear, they even have followed my out of the store(s), to pay me a compliment. Wherever I went, people were just plain courteous and friendly, whether they were border guards, sales associates... or passers by of all ages...

This is to illustrate that, in my personal experience, being tall and having an attitude about it, creates respect, no matter who you encounter.

Than, I think, one of the most important things we need to get used to in our male minds is that, as a girl, people observe you... it just comes with the gender... As a male, I seldomly got stared at, but as a girl, I get stared at all the time... And, I must admit, that I, in guy mode, scan most of the girls I encounter, even if it is briefly. So my point is that we have to get used to the "getting noticed" part of being a girl. That means that being stared at not necessarily means a malicious look, you can see that at the many girls, who exchange smiles with you, when passing by. They do that with any other girl that they encounter and make eye contact with, as well. So, smile back and get used to being noticed! It means success in my perception...

Than the other item as a tall girl is being in good tall female company. I enclose a link to the website of girls that are probably taller than you are and who are successful models and where you can find a lot of pointers towards stores that specialize in offering sexy fashion for tall girls, including shoes...

http://www.tallwomen.org/models/

I wear size 12 W and I recently have bought 3 pairs of shoes at Womanwithin,

http://www.womanwithin.com/Plus-Size-dress-shoes.aspx?DeptId=9369

and they carry up to size 14 on many styles, or their sister store Roamans:

http://www.romans.com/Plus-Size-Pumps-and-Slings.aspx?DeptId=9936

Their prices are really affordable and are comparable to those of Payless. This should help you get going and now there is no excuse to stay in the closet just for being tall anymore...

Strut your stuff and have fun girls!
:love:
Dita.

victoriamwilliams1
05-17-2009, 04:39 PM
I am 6ft 8in and with heels I am near 7ft tall and I go out in the public.

Dorisnycd
05-17-2009, 04:42 PM
I am 6'4 235 lbs of muscle, 17 inch arms...and I wear 5 inch stilettos exclusivly. Look at my pics. Be what u want to be...it is all worth it...

Laurie909
05-18-2009, 04:07 AM
I'm 5 foot 3 inches. You might think you want to be my height but I can tell you, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

TxKimberly
05-18-2009, 10:26 AM
I'm 5 foot 3 inches. You might think you want to be my height but I can tell you, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

Gotta admit, I'd LOVE to be 5 ft 3. Wanna trade?

Annesah
05-18-2009, 03:01 PM
Gota admit I have not read all the posts so this may have been already addressed but I'm lucky to be 5/4 and shorter than 95 percent of the GG's.
My point is that most of the GG's are close to 6' or taller so don't fret too much. We all tend to be too self critical but if you really want to figgit, I think weight and build are more significant factors. Anyway; there's nothing can be done about it. Let's make the best of what we have and dress our best.

Di
05-18-2009, 06:54 PM
There is no way to look less tall. Let's just get that out of the way right now. Slouching, if anything, makes women look taller, Be proud/ tall is sexy:thumbsup:

Love yourself ,be proud and walk tall:love:

Carly D.
05-18-2009, 07:28 PM
There is no way to look less tall. Let's just get that out of the way right now. Slouching, if anything, makes women look taller, Be proud/ tall is sexy:thumbsup:

Love yourself ,be proud and walk tall:love:

I love tall women.. if there's a woman walking into the room and I can look her in the eye without looking down then that is great.. and if a woman walks into the room and she is slightly taller than me and she is wearing heels then that is great.. totally fantastic.. by the way slightly off topic, I went to a graduation this past Sunday and there were actually women there wearing heels!! and some of them walked like women do or are supposed to but there were a great number who looked like heels were foreign to them.. like I could walk that well in heels so I'm not that worried about how I looked while out cross dressed last month.. I thought I might walk too much like a guy wearing heels but I think I fit quite well...

Veronica27
05-28-2009, 11:12 AM
I am about 6'3". About 90-95% of the time I am the tallest person in the room, store, crowd, street, or where ever. Whenever I encounter someone who is taller than me, it feels strange and slightly intimidating. While I realize that there are many women who are over 6' tall, I do not encounter them on a regular basis even though I pay attention to the height of women because of my desire to crossdress. One point that has not been mentioned on this thread is the shortage (no pun intended) of older women who are on the tall side. Most of the taller women I do see are considerably younger than my 70 years. As a result of this, I am well aware that whenever I venture outside (which is not very often), I will be noticed as a result of my height combined with my age, as well as my build. It is virtually impossible for me to pass, blend in, or go unnoticed, regardless of my attitude, confidence demeanor or choice of clothing. As it is not my goal when crossdressing to draw attention to myself, I am severely limited as to the times, places and venues that I can crossdress publicly and not feel self-conscious.

For me, crossdressing is something to have fun with and while I can enjoy dressing at home and not going anywhere, this eliminates part of the reason for wanting to dress up which is to free myself from the restraints of my everyday male life and explore and experience some of the feelings and sensations of feminine expression. While there are frustrations to being tall which limit my freedom to come and go, I content myself with the realization that crossdressing for me is a pastime and not a necessity and like all of my pleasurable pursuits, I have to arrange for the appropriate times and places to indulge myself. Crossdressing events have provided a safe environment that allows me to mingle with the public under circumstances where they are expecting to encounter crossdressers, and thus are not shocked at the sight of what appears to be a woman in heels standing well over 6 1/2 feet tall, with a lumberjack's build.

As a man I enjoy being tall and am glad that this is how I turned out. However, for those of the shorter persuasions who lament about being unable to reach the top shelf, height has its obvious disadvantages. I returned recently from a cruise and lengthy train journey. I lost track of how many times I bumped my head on low clearances, which happened because it was necessary to keep my eyes on where my feet were landing, and what was available to steady myself as the trains and ship rocked about. Those handhold bars on buses, which short people complain about not being able to reach, have provided many a goose egg as the bus lurched around a corner. As some of you have said, the grass is always greener....

Veronica

Fab Karen
05-28-2009, 08:24 PM
While there are frustrations to being tall which limit my freedom to come and go...
The freedom is limited only by your own mind.

Super Amanda
05-28-2009, 08:55 PM
Wow, I guess I'm a shorty at 5'11" in flats! I always felt slightly above average as a guy, but as a woman, I feel gargantuan, even if it isn't so.

I wear mostly flat sandals and flip flops, but lots women my age do also when dressing casual.

I do have a few pairs of 3.5 to 4 inch heels though, my Mom is always amazed at how well I walk in them!

nik12345
05-28-2009, 09:00 PM
i would jump for joy, because i'd have a higher salary - statistically speaking ;-)

DianneRoberts
05-28-2009, 09:10 PM
For the time being anyway, I'm not employed.

One of the 6 million plus. oh well.... so much for that theory.

Meg East
05-29-2009, 07:52 AM
I am 6'3". The problem is it is difficult to find well fitting dresses so I tend to get skirts and a matching top.

Most of my family both male and female is at or over 6 feet tall. The woman do not shy away from tall high heels.

DianneRoberts
05-29-2009, 10:09 AM
I'm guessing that the average ( hate that word ) CDer is taller than the average male, from responses.

If so I wonder why.

Are we escaping ( if just for a moment ) the responsibilities of our male lives, whereas shorter males can "hide" more easily " in the crowds "

???

Looking for more friends,

Nicki B
05-29-2009, 10:20 AM
I'm guessing that the average ( hate that word ) CDer is taller than the average male, from responses.

If so I wonder why.

Surely, all you can say is that the average CDer is taller than the average female.. :strugglin

Veronica27
05-29-2009, 10:24 AM
The freedom is limited only by your own mind.

I totally agree with you, and that is why i included the following sentence in my first paragraph. "As it is not my goal when crossdressing to draw attention to myself, I am severely limited as to the times, places and venues that I can crossdress publicly and not feel self-conscious."

I have freedom to dress whenever I wish, but I cannot achieve my goal of not drawing attention to myself in most situations and this is why my freedom is limited to some extent. Yes, this is in my own mind, but so is the desire to crossdress with the results that I would like to achieve. It is all about enjoying ourselves, and we all strive to do that as best we can.

Veronica