PDA

View Full Version : Getting Your Girl On

windycissy
05-13-2009, 05:09 PM
I recently coined the expression "getting my girl on" to describe the things I do to my body to get myself prepared, mentallly and physically, to ease the shift from male to female. Here are some of the things I strive for:

1. Keep my weight within the ideal range for a woman of my height: Weight Chart for Women (http://healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm)

2. 200 crunches a day to flatten my abs

3. Total body shave

4. Moisturize!

5. Keep my nails short enough so they're not too long for a guy, just long enough so I can file and polish them to look feminine

The list goes on...anyone else work at getting her girl on?

Gabrielle Hermosa
05-13-2009, 05:16 PM
I also put myself through a daily rigorous exercise regimen. I'll spend between 1 and 2 hours a day (depending on day of the week). Treadmill every day (2-3 miles, depending on day), about 300 crunches (mix of crunches and leg lifts) 4 times a week, strict diet, drink lots of water to help curb appetite and maintain health. I started using eye cream recently, but it doesn't seem to do too much. At least, I've not noticed any difference. Gravity and loosening skin are doing terrible things to my face. :( Need a face lift... perhaps some day.

I work very hard to keep my body in good shape and maintain a nice, thin waist and great legs. It costs much of my time, but I don't know any better way. It simply must be done. I want Gabrielle to look her best. :)

sissystephanie
05-13-2009, 05:23 PM
As my title says, I do try. But I am nowhere near as good looking as you, Cissy! I am about 15 pounds over what I should weigh, and consequently my abs need a lot of work. I do have nice skin because I do moisturize and have for years. But I don't shave my entire body very often. At my age, 77, I don't have much body hair anyway. Actually, I never did, for which my late wife was thankful. I do exercise every day, get my nails (fingers and toes) done every two weeks. etc. But I am not really trying to be a female, I just like to dress like one. As I used to tell my late wife, and now tell my darling GGF, "I may be wearing panties, bra, skirt and pretty top, but I am still a man underneath!" That is the way I want it!

:hugs::hugs:

KateC
05-13-2009, 05:32 PM
Wow.. that chart is weird.. for both female and male I am a bit underweight... or maybe in target but low end for female.

Joni Marie Cruz
05-13-2009, 06:05 PM
Well, Cissy, does three out of five count? Sadly, it's the last three, need to work on the first two.

Hugs...Joni Marie

Persephone
05-13-2009, 11:43 PM
I recently coined the expression "getting my girl on" to describe the things I do to my body to get myself prepared, mentallly and physically, to ease the shift from male to female. Here are some of the things I strive for:

Cute expression!

1. Keep my weight within the ideal range for a woman of my height: Weight Chart for Women (http://healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm)

I joined Weight Watchers a couple of years ago. THE BEST program so far as I'm concerned. In a year I dropped 40 pounds, learned to eat better, and love zipping those skin tight size 6 jeans.

I've gained a little back lately, but I'm getting back on track and dropping those couple extra pounds.

Can't do that kinda stuff, but joined an all-women workout center and go about 3-4 times a week. Great machines that help with female figure issues without building too much muscle. Also usually do a walking program of 3-4 miles a day.

3. Total body shave

Yep! I too do a full-body shave once a week.

4. Moisturize!

Absolutely manditory! I'm now doing a Mary Kay regime with cleansing morning and night, then pat on MK's Timewise Firming Eye Cream, application of Timewise Day or Night Solution, and Timewise Age-Fighting Moisturizer. Totally girly time and totally worth it! Will also help you look younger in guy mode too.

5. Keep my nails short enough so they're not too long for a guy, just long enough so I can file and polish them to look feminine

Ooops! Looks like my long acrylics filled every two weeks and pedicure with bright colors and little flowers completely fail the guy test. Oh well, long nails make my hands look longer and thinner.

Marissa
05-13-2009, 11:54 PM

3. Total body shave

4. Moisturize!

OKAY Cissy.. Thank you very much.. for providing us with that chart.. thought I had only 15 lbs to lose, but now I have 25-30 lbs to lose.. :eek::eek::eek:

and after Miss California issues...no nekkid pics of me until i reach that goal..who knows when they will turn up, maybe after winning Ms Texas??????? :D:heehee::D

Seriously, that sounds like a great way to start.. definately need more water for me.. and those crunches sounds great.

You keep 'getting your girl on' :daydreaming:

Miranda09
05-13-2009, 11:57 PM
Hi Cissy...yeah, I pretty much follow the same regimine, especially with the crunches (tight abs are so much easier than a corset). The weight chart is interesting, but a little too idealized for me. I do luv my weight training, only now I lift to tone and shape rather than bulk up.

AllieSF
05-14-2009, 12:30 AM
Good list Cissy.

I have lost 10 - 15 pounds over the last year, now I just need to work on my overall muscle tone. Since I have very light body hair, I use Karren Hutton's recommendation to clip the leg and arm hair down to about 1/2 inch and then bleach it blond. It almost becomes invisible and I avoid the after-shave stubble that always returns. The hair also remains long enough to still be soft to the touch. Since I have naturally dry skin on my arms and legs due to constant exposure to sun, I have been using moisturizing lotion for years before I started dressing. Since I started dressing, I do try different special creams for wrinkles and eyes with little results. Since I have a permanent split nail I started getting manicures every 4-6 weeks with clear polish. Now I also get a nice pedicure with a light pink, almost natural color on my toenails. When I get the chance, I always look at the woman's fashion magazines in waiting rooms and at the nail salon to keep up on styles, accessories and to look at the lovely women. I recently got my ears peirced to be able to wear dangly earrings. I also love to shop, mostly at the thrift stores. All this keeps me going, helps me look better and get into that special femme zone, even when not dressed.

Lisa Golightly
05-14-2009, 12:34 AM
I take lots and lots of hormones ;) x

Georgia Rose
05-14-2009, 06:09 AM
Since starting CD'ing early 2008 I've paid a lot more attention to my nails and keep them somewhat longer than most males but shorter than many females, I've increased my moisturiser routine to night and morning with a good improvement in my skin tone and use eye cream which worked for me in getting risk of the black circles and most of the puffiness under the eyes. Not into the body shaving bit (the SO would have a fit) but do shave selected areas. With a fe other things I do I think I probably take better care of me now than most women of my age do.
:drink:

Midnight Skye
05-14-2009, 09:08 AM
Fun post Cissy.

My two big things are major facial regiem, which has been keeping my face soft and feminine (and me in the bathroom too much lol).

The second is makeup, makeup, makeup! I've been playing with Everday Minerals and I'm having a blast with the eye makeup. I'm even having the effect of mentally seeing the makeup after I take it off (or the minerals are absorbing lightly into my top layer of skin.... blushes) If the second is true then I've been going out in male mode with a hint of makeup... either working up my makeup skills has been so refreshing and feminine.

gender_blender
05-14-2009, 09:15 AM
I'm a model, so I spent afternoons following work at a local gym. I usually do 15-20 miles on the stationary bike and some ab work. Then, prior to going to bed, I typically do 150-200 crunches or leglifts on a bench in my bedroom. I show off my abs alot during fashion shows and photoshoots, so I concentrate my efforts accordingly. Of course having a black belt in karate helps too.

...As does taking prescribed hormones, maintaining eyebrows/acrylic nails, and facial electrolysis.

docrobbysherry
05-14-2009, 09:52 AM
So, I do 600+ cruntches every morning, just so my back will function!:doh:

"Lite frame, medium frame, large frame"? HUH?:eek:

Well, I don't want to be "medium framed" girl. Which the chart says I am. If I drop about 7 lbs., I'll be "lite framed". More versatility in looks, being a slimmer girl:D

I don't bother with nail polish. I'm too rough on my hands anyway. And am quite fortunate to have unnoticable body hair! Except on my face! :brolleyes:

Krista1985
05-14-2009, 10:16 AM
I follow 3/5 items on Windy's list,

1. The height and weight chart places me in the category of Large frame woman. :)

2. I do sit-ups and crunches so I don't get a gut. Abs are important to both of my appearances. :D

3. I recently started to moisturize daily too, all over. :)

The two I haven't done yet,

4. I bite my nails, and have since I was a kid (I know eww right) so they never have gotten long enough for shaping :o

5. I don't shave my body, though I really want to do this someday, it's just not conducive to my present situation so I keep my fur coat for now. :straightface:

windycissy
05-14-2009, 11:59 AM
Some excellent observations, it's so much easier to morph into a woman when you're metrosexual...I forgot to mention that I keep my eyebrows neatly trimmed, two of my upcoming projects are to find something to feminize my feet and do something about those dark circles under my eyes, I tried concealer under my makeup but it made me look like a raccoon. Never taken hormones, closest I came was applying a lotion made from tea tree oil and lavendar to my chest, after reading news stories that it caused boys to develop boobs!

Krista1985
05-14-2009, 12:30 PM
Oh yea the eyebrow thing,

I get away with that, and have for a while. I have a proud Austro-Hungarian brow, and if left untamed it would connect. One of my first high-school girlfriends recommended I do it, and taught me how. I've had neatly shaped brows since then, but using the latest in 3-D computer animation, I've created a visual approximation of how I would look if I didn't tweeze.

Carly D.
05-14-2009, 12:37 PM
I shave my legs always.. from the waist down front and back.. I do my finger nails a little, when I'm in the mood..

windycissy
05-14-2009, 11:44 PM
Wow.. that chart is weird.. for both female and male I am a bit underweight... or maybe in target but low end for female.

It helps my ego if I consider myself large-framed for a woman, medium-framed for a dude...I guess to be fair I should weigh myself in a bra and panties with my silicone breast forms and hip pads :D