PDA

View Full Version : Luna Bars

AlisonWood
05-14-2009, 09:39 AM
When I'm feeling extra girly, I want everything in my life to be girly. That means I try to use as much stuff meant for women as possible.

When it comes to eating, I'll eat a Luna bar (nutrition for women!) - not only does is make me feel extra feminine to know that I'm eating something meant for women...but it also helps keep my figure trim. And they are actually pretty yummy!

Anybody else eat Luna bars? oxox Alison

P.S. Sorry moderator - I meant to post this in the main forum!

Jessica Who
05-14-2009, 10:07 AM
I don't eat Luna bars but I take Midol when I have a headache --- just kidding :)! No, but seriously I eat Special K bars which are mainly aimed at the female consumer ;) :love:

Persephone
05-14-2009, 11:33 AM
Curves™ bars here.

The Luna® bars, which have been recently reformulated to be lower in calories and higher in fiber, still seem to have 170 or more calories per bar, around 3.5 grams of fat, and around 3 grams of fiber.

Curves™ bars have 90 calories, 3.5 grams of fat, and 5 grams of fiber.

Sarah...
05-14-2009, 11:40 AM
The marketing world certainly has a lot to answer for, in my view.

Sarah...

AlisonWood
05-14-2009, 11:50 AM
Curves™ bars here.

The Luna® bars, which have been recently reformulated to be lower in calories and higher in fiber, still seem to have 170 or more calories per bar, around 3.5 grams of fat, and around 3 grams of fiber.

Curves™ bars have 90 calories, 3.5 grams of fat, and 5 grams of fiber.

I didn't know about Curves bars - I'll have to try those!

MissConstrued
05-14-2009, 12:31 PM
Cross-eating. Now I think I've just about heard it all. :facepalm:

Deborah Jane
05-14-2009, 12:43 PM
Cross-eating. Now I think I've just about heard it all. :facepalm:

It works both ways :heehee:

Keep away from these then!!!

Stargirl
05-14-2009, 12:54 PM
I used to eat Z bars "for kids". They raised the price from 49 cents to 79 cents at Trader Joes, so I am on a rebellion for now, and will not eat them until the price drops. I like the chocolate chip.
They are suitable for girly "kids" of either sex or age. Hee Hee. I used to devour Ferrero Rocher (row chay) and Peruginas candies, but I cut back on such things in summer. I will eat Luna bars, yes. Luna = moon. Moon Goddess Diana. It fits.

Sedona
05-14-2009, 10:38 PM
Luna bars are tasty. I get them anytime they're on sale. Chai, Lemon Zest, S'mores, and Dulce de Leche are my favorites.

Yes, I kinda like that they're made for women. Weird. I get "guy" Clif and Power bars too.

Alice Green
05-14-2009, 11:14 PM
This may sound weird but I eat tofu when I'm feeling fem.