PDA

View Full Version : I Should Have Listened To Tamara!

Julie
07-03-2005, 11:45 PM
I went out again last night and decided to wear a pair of platform sandals I just got from Valley Girl Shoes on E-Bay. I didn't realize they were as high as they are until I took them out of the box yesterday. But they are so cute I had to wear them so I picked out an outfit that would go well with them. As soon as I put them on and started walking my heel slipped off to the side and then my ankle turned in and I almost fell. I thought to myself "I'd better walk carefully tonight!" It's not so much the height (I think 4-1/2") but the lack of support in securing your foot to the shoe, especially at the heel. My feet move around a lot in them and tightening the straps didn't help.

So I'm at Escapades talking to some guys I know and I shifted my weight from one foot to the other. All of the sudden my heel slips again and I just start to fall and I grab one of the guys but can't stop my fall. Before I know it I'm on the floor! :o Oh yeah! I was embarassed! I got up and he looks at me and says, "I think you've had enough to drink" (I had less than two at the time) I told him it was the shoes but he wouldn't believe me. Then I thought of the comment Tamara made about some platforms she showed a picture of, something about walking being hard and not to drink when you're wearing them. I should have listened!

These are the shoes:

http://i16.ebayimg.com/01/i/04/64/1b/80_1_bl.JPG

Stephanie Mancini
07-04-2005, 12:02 AM
Ah!, the downsides of being a girl Julie, just love those platforms though very cutie pie

Steph

Tristen Cox
07-04-2005, 02:24 AM
Heel spread too narrow, pretty yes - but I can see how you would have faltered in them. You should have lis.......

..nevermind:p

Wendy me
07-04-2005, 06:27 AM
see what you done????? now i am thinking got to try that myselfe....hello chiropractor .. yes i fell out of my shoes..

Teddie
07-04-2005, 08:32 AM
Julie,

Those are just so SO cute :dance: Where did you find them?

Ava Mouse
07-04-2005, 10:59 AM
Julie,

I recently got some clear jel pads for high heels, they kept my feet from slipping around and provided a nice little cushion for the balls of my feet. Check out the foot/pantyhose section of a big store to see if they have anti-slip pads for shoes...

:)

MistyCD
07-04-2005, 11:28 AM
Julie Julie Julie, I see you have been a very bad girl.... You didn't listen to Tamara and look what happened....Glad you didn't get hurt!

Now be a good girl and mail those shoes to me today...

Luv Misty :D

ChristineRenee
07-04-2005, 11:32 AM
Hey...cute platforms there Julie but yep...you shoulda....oh you know!;)

Tamara Croft
07-04-2005, 01:34 PM
Aww Julie :hugs: well... next time you will listen so I don't have to say *told you so!!!* :p

Lesson #1 when drinking x amounts of *whatever you drink* remove platforms!!!
Lesson #2 Failing to learn lesson #1 expect to fall on yer ass :D

michellej
07-05-2005, 09:51 AM
My wife once broke her ankle wearing her platforms! Try explaining that in the emergency room...."well, you see, I fell off my platform shoes.....

Julie
07-05-2005, 01:24 PM
Aww Julie :hugs: well... next time you will listen so I don't have to say *told you so!!!* :p

Lesson #1 when drinking x amounts of *whatever you drink* remove platforms!!!
Lesson #2 Failing to learn lesson #1 expect to fall on yer ass :D

Both lessons well learned!

Lesson #3 If you can't walk in them when you're stone cold sober, put them back in the closet!

Suddenly I've come to love my flats :whistling