PDA

View Full Version : The Wizard fo OZ!

eleventhdr
07-04-2005, 12:29 AM
Guess what this classic was on yet once more again tonight on Turner classic movies twice. Strange how this does continue to hold up after all of this time. It is a compleing story indeed. I have but one question and that is how do i get to the real Oz for it is there i do wish to really go maybe if i dress up like judy garland in the blue dress and get a small dog like toto i can get there to and if i did unlike dorthy i would not want to click my ruby slippers together and say there's no place like home there's no place like home i would stay in oz and see what i could really do oh well if and when anyone knows how to get to OZ please let me know i'd really like to go there hmmm!? Suzy!

Ashley in Virginia
07-04-2005, 12:56 AM
Off on a tangent....

One halloween I dressed up as Dorothy and the girl I was dating was the scarecrow. She was too big for the dorathy costume. Anywho, the area we went trick or treating in with her younger siblings was a predominately gay area. Being young(19) and a bit nieve, I had no idea of the Gay man's love for Judy Garland. Well by the end of the night, I definately had a better understanding of it.....

Tristen Cox
07-04-2005, 02:14 AM
You're going to have to convince Steph to give up her pair of ruby slippers and hope they're the right size:D

Imogen_Mann
07-04-2005, 04:02 AM
It's the threesome with Ray Bolger, Jack Haley and Bert Lahr that keeps me looking for the Yellow Brick Road. That and I just ADORE the blue pinnafore dress. (but really ? with ruby slippers ? blue and red ? Hmmm ? )

:rolleyes:

XX

Jayme.

eleventhdr
07-04-2005, 05:42 AM
Anyway i can still watch this one most anytime. Oh well yet another of my favorite judy movies was the one she made just about four or five years later Meet me in St Louis where at the end they all go to the St Louis worlds fair of 1904 talk about coming very close yet again to going back to oz. But the main difference in this one is that the St Louis worlds fair was not just a fiction story of a magic city it was a very real place back in 1904 for seven long months it stood right here in St Louis And I for one think there must be a way to bring this back somewhere right here on this side of the rainbow. Check it out as well. I live just two hours from St Louis where it all took place and have been there many time now to Forest Park. Suzy!.

Wendy me
07-04-2005, 06:35 AM
all in good time my prettys......http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/5792/babyultimate1829761644920zw.gif (http://www.imageshack.us)

Sally2
07-04-2005, 08:33 AM
Guess what this classic was on yet once more again tonight on Turner classic movies twice. Strange how this does continue to hold up after all of this time. It is a compleing story indeed. I have but one question and that is how do i get to the real Oz for it is there i do wish to really go maybe if i dress up like judy garland in the blue dress and get a small dog like toto i can get there to and if i did unlike dorthy i would not want to click my ruby slippers together and say there's no place like home there's no place like home i would stay in oz and see what i could really do oh well if and when anyone knows how to get to OZ please let me know i'd really like to go there hmmm!? Suzy!

Every time you enter this forum you are in OZ. Tristen Cox is Glenda the good witch of the North and her sage advice keeps us out of harms way. I was going to ask her if she had a magic wand but my statement may be misconstrued. First of all, why would anyone want to go back to Kansas with all those tornados, thunderstorms, lightning stikes, golf size hail, etc. In your mind you are always in OZ. When you dress you are always in OZ. Again, when you are on this forum you are in OZ. YOU DON'T EVER HAVE TO GO BACK TO KANSAS. Don't click those ruby red slippers but do keep your legs together in a ladylike fashion. You' re on that yellowbrick road and when you get to the Emerald City make sure you choose the right colors in your mode of dress as to not clash. Make a fashion statement. Sally2

StephanieCD
07-04-2005, 09:42 AM
You'll never get my shoes. Never.

Once... my girlfriend wore the Dorothy dress for my birthday - best present ever, ever, ever, ever, ever.

Now I'm a father.

uknowhoo
07-04-2005, 11:56 AM
Tris being the good witch sounds just about right.
Soooo...who would be the wicked witch of the West then, eh?

On second thought, perhaps we had better leave that onewell enough alone.

kymmieLorain
07-04-2005, 12:11 PM
For those of you who would like to get a dorothy dress. I have seen them at xdress.com.

Kymmie

Tristen Cox
07-04-2005, 02:30 PM
Tris being the good witch sounds just about right.
Soooo...who would be the wicked witch of the West then, eh?

On second thought, perhaps we had better leave that onewell enough alone.
You and Sally2, who said I was the 'good' witch? =)

Khriss
07-04-2005, 02:46 PM
Totto, was the only truely innocent, character in the whole thing- CALL- the ASPCA !!! red shoe's - hooker bitch! and-,,,,,, ( just kidd'n) "K"

eleventhdr
07-04-2005, 03:42 PM
But this is the whole point in wanting to really get to Oz!. Suzy!.