PDA

View Full Version : Busted at Kohl's....?

Xenia
05-14-2009, 09:15 PM
A funny experience I had earlier today....

I was doing some shopping at Kohl's (in drab mode....the only mode I've got....*sigh*), and after finishing with the boring stuff, I decided to check out the cosmetics section. It seemed empty enough that I wouldn't be bothered, so I thought, what the heck, I'll try out an eyeshadow or two. Just as I'd loaded up a Q-tip with a cool-looking purple shadow, an older saleslady poked her head around the corner with a slightly stern look on her face.

I looked at her a little guiltily, half expecting to be told to get the heck out and and stop freaking out the squares. Instead, though, she broke into a smile and said "Oh, I just wanted to make sure you were using the applicators for that eyeshadow, and I see that you are....thanks!"

"What, do people just stick their fingers into them?" I asked.

"Yeah, would you believe it? And then we have to throw them out and get new ones! Sheesh!"

I asked if it was OK if I tried out some of the products, and she said, "Oh, sure, go right ahead! Try whatever you want. I'll be right around the corner, my name's Debbie if you need anything."

Of course, I availed myself of the opportunity. I could hear Debbie laughing with a coworker at the jewelry counter, so I perked up my ears, worried that I might be the brunt of their joke.

Not so: "My God, do you believe that? Their fingers, right in the eyeshadow. Really!"

I think I <3 this store. :)

Joni Marie Cruz
05-14-2009, 09:49 PM
I know! Their fingers! Yuck, can you believe it? Some people's kids, huh?

Awesome that everything turned out so well.

Hugs...Joni Marie

gretchen2
05-14-2009, 09:57 PM
That's pretty cool. My face would have turned bright red and the purple really would not go good with that shade of red.
Big fat man fingers sounds kind of messy in the eye shadow.

sissystephanie
05-14-2009, 10:00 PM
Glad you had a good experience. I shop at my local Kohl's frequently. And although I don't wear a wig or makeup, I am almost always dressed in feminine clothing. Most of the SA's know me and are very helpful in finding the right sizes, etc. I love that store, among others!!

:hugs::hugs:

boardpuppy
05-14-2009, 10:26 PM
The Kohl's SA's are really very pleasant and helpful. I was shopping for a Mothers Day gift and my SA was wearing the most adorable blouce. She told me where they were located in the store. I looked but found nothing in my size, sigh. I was to late for the sale.

Hugs,
Alice

Alice Green
05-14-2009, 11:12 PM
I'm glad you had a good experience at kohl's, I've wanted to go shop in there for myself but haven't built up enough nerve yet.

Xenia
05-14-2009, 11:28 PM
I'd say Kohl's is a great place to start....before today, I don't think I've ever encountered another person in the makeup aisle. One time I was there "playing" for a good twenty minutes and no one interrupted me at all. A couple of shoppers passed by, of course, but no one even seemed to give me a second glance. I've found that the self-consciousness falls away very quickly after the first stroke of lipstick goes on. :)

Actually, now that I think about it, Kohl's was the first place I ever put on makeup in public. My wife and I were shopping, she wanted to check out the cosmetics, and after she tried on a few shades of lipstick, she playfully asked me if I wanted to try one. Knowing how bashful I usually am, she nearly fell to the floor in shock when I actually did! :heehee:

Laura_Stephens
05-15-2009, 10:25 AM
I like to purchase clothes at Kohl's. ALWAYS while dressed in drab. Never had a problem even though it was somewhat obvious that I was buying for myself.

Jenniferpl
05-15-2009, 05:23 PM
Customers are always right. The business climate is horrible right now. The SA's have probably been told not to offend anyone. Last time I checked my dollar was worth as much as the next person's and their goal is to get as many of those dollars from us as they can.

Karren H
05-15-2009, 08:18 PM
I was trying on womens shoes there today... and a couple cute skirts.... and bought some bracelets on sale.... Love that place too

rachelgirlnw
05-15-2009, 11:58 PM
I've seen Kohl's in my neighborhood and wondered who shops there. Hmm... maybe me, now. I'll have to check it out. Thanks Xenia!

SANDRA MICHELLE
05-16-2009, 08:53 AM
I have always liked Kohl's they leave you alone if thats what you want. I go to Dress Barn and they hover over you trying to get you to buy things you don't need or want. Kohls has really good prices and selection, and let you shop with no hassles.

TxKimberly
05-16-2009, 08:56 AM
How cool is that?! She didn't care at all that you were male, just that you were doing it properly!

Gabrielle Hermosa
05-16-2009, 01:25 PM
For a "busted" story, I have to say that was a rather positive one. Sounds like you had a pretty good experience there... something tells me there'll be more good ones to have there. That Debbie girl sounds really cool! :)