PDA

View Full Version : Out dressed and my Car was stolen!!!!!!

Christina Horton
05-15-2009, 12:15 AM
Ok this might be a long thread LOL.

Now this happened on the 17th Of April last month. A friend and I with his friend ,that make three of us. (there not CDers just good people) Ming wanted to go see the new Canada Place centre and look around. It was Saturday and I picked Ming up at his place and we were going to meet Dave there. My 80 Corvette only has two seats so he had to meet us there. I was dressed as Christina of course. Ming had seen my dressed only once before 2 weeks before. But Dave had not. We parked just out side of the new center and went to the front door to wait for Dave. It was the opening weekend for it so there was Hundreds of people or maybe thousands of them.

So when he arrived we went in. We looked all around went up and look it was huge , Lots of neat rooms . Well after we went as high as we could go I need to stop in the ladies room for a pee and to check my makeup. All the walking in 3and a half inch heals was a lot of work.

We then went to see the ground floor area where the bring in the big truck or big boats you know e.t.c. Well when we got to the fire and police trucks, I saw a Asian couple taking a pic . The girl friend or wife was sitting on the paddy wagon , well it was the swat truck. I told him see should pose like see is getting patted down.LOL. would have been a good pic , but Instead she asked me if she could get a pic of the two of us............. Well I guess you could say I was speechless. YA THAT RIGHT, ME ... SPEACHLESS!!!!!!! Well it took a few seconds to find my voice then I said sure. We posed and her boy friend took the pic, I felt like a movie star. After we were done the walked away looking at the camera and talking very excitedly. I walked around the truck where Ming was and told him , he said "ya I say" and we both laughed. We found Dave and told him he missed it. Oh well.

Then we decided to go out side to look for a place to get lunch. We walked down the sea wall and saw a restaurant , It looked nice but there was a 30 to 40 min wait. We were thinking of a good place to eat when I thought of the Cactus club , I have never been the one and thought it would be good place. Well we walk to the street that we parked and ......Sh*t where is my car. We looked up the street and could not see it. Ming said it was near this cross street . I had a brain fart and did not make note of where I had parked. I thought maybe We parked on the next street up so we walked up there.

Now my car has a color changing paint It will be green , Blue Brown, sometimes even Pink. Or maybe its that dam fog coming over me. anyway.

We looked up and down the street and could not see it. The car is low and I do have a hard time seeing it in a parking lot. Hell I cant even see it from behind a Mini Cooper to give you an idea of how low it is. Well.Ming was sure we parked near a half wall and it's near there. We walked by the wall he thought it was at but, no car.

Now I am starting to panic hard. I was trying to say calm cuz a lady does not freak out like I wanted to. I told them to split up and look and call the others (if) the find it.

Well I think I walked about 3 to 5 Km before I had to stop. I wanted to cry freak out yell scream e.t.c. My feet were killing me . I took of my boot and found that the sole liner had come lose and bunched up under the ball of my foot and I had got a blister the size of a flat golf ball. I riped out the liner and out my boot back on and looked at my other foot and found another one about half as small.

I put the boot back on almost cried again and walked some more. I was not crying for my feet, Sure they hurt a little but it was of course for my stolen car. Now I was next to a small park and knew we did not park near there. Walking head held down ,I had to except that my best car I ever had was gone. I knew it had not been towed cuz We still had an hour and a half in the meeter. I saw the place where we meet Dave and thought I now have gone back to the start of the search.

Feeling like I want to just lie down and cry, I looked up the street.........I thought I saw a low green car, I had a few false hopes , but this was not the same. I saw a half wall near the car. I was still to far and need to get passed the light to see better. The light changed and I almost sprinted to .....Yes MY CAR :cheer::jumping::lol2::rofl:

I found the car and it was about 30 feet from where we went in and then came out . When we went to the restaurant we walk down the sea wall about 2 block and there for we started looking for the car 2 blocks away.Dumb I know, and the really dumb thing is I have a GPS that when I park somewhere I don't go to often I take it out of the car and make where I am and save the place I am so I can find it with the GPS. I did not do that this time cuz I thought Ming would remember to. Well the half wall( witch a smug Ming said he saw) was in the middle of the road and not on the pass side in witch we both thought it was, and when we walked by it that time we were on the other side of it and could not see the car.

Need less to say that I was ecstatic to have my car back safe and sound. So while I was :heehee:ing We drive to the restaurant and had a good lunch. The food was very good or maybe it was so good cuz I was feeling so much better and on :c9: that dog do would have tasted good. LOL. After out nice lunch we all parted ways , I drove Ming home ,and I went home to nurse my blistered feet.

All and all it was a .......... day I will never forget.

I guess the moral of the story is to not lose your car , make sure you either make a note on where you park or take a pic of where you parked. I do that to when parked underground. and what stair case I use and what store It's near. Well that's all , I hope you never have to go through something like that. At least my car was not stolen. I always try to look at the bright side of life ..........

Hay a great time and If we don't go out of doors dressed then who will.

HUGGS :hugs: :canada:

Christina Horton
05-15-2009, 12:20 AM
Sorry Girls for some reason while I was writing this i some how posted it early so I am just finishing it up now so give me a few Min's.

RobertaM
05-15-2009, 12:50 AM
come on christina, get it out girl,, cough cough.

Leslie Mary S
05-15-2009, 12:59 AM
We wait with bated breath and w warm heart in our chest.

Christina Horton
05-15-2009, 01:03 AM
Ok ok It's done. Keep your pantie hose on.

linnea
05-15-2009, 01:07 AM
STolen car--bummer
!

5150 Girl
05-15-2009, 01:15 AM
I had visions of you having to talk to the cops dressed fem, but giving a drab name. I can't imagine that being any fun.

RobertaM
05-15-2009, 01:28 AM
lol im from vancouver and i can totally relate ,, damm seawall!!

Christina Horton
05-15-2009, 09:45 AM
I had visions of you having to talk to the cops dressed fem, but giving a drab name. I can't imagine that being any fun.

No that would not bother me. They are professional and would treat you like a lady , so I would not mind if A cop need to talk to me. Anyways I would have been more concerned about the car then a cop seeing my drab name.

Nancyjo
05-15-2009, 02:01 PM
Yikes!

Sally2005
05-15-2009, 03:01 PM
Tie a bra to the antenna! I've seen people put tennis balls and ping pong balls, but never a bra. :heehee:Also, forget the GPS...it makes you forget how to remeber where you are, just remember to read the street signs near where you parked.

Christina Horton
05-16-2009, 01:33 PM
Tie a bra to the antenna! I've seen people put tennis balls and ping pong balls, but never a bra. :heehee:Also, forget the GPS...it makes you forget how to remeber where you are, just remember to read the street signs near where you parked.

Ya the bra Idea is funny. I have never seen that the prob is I thin some kid might tale it and say it was from his "girl" friends he slept with. Now that's cheating so I don't think I should let a young Boy get a way with bragging with out doing the do. But it would be a good way to find the car it my antenna did not slide back i n the car when I turn the car off.

Nice suggestion though.

TxKimberly
05-16-2009, 01:46 PM
I feel your pain, honestly. I had my car towed once and went through all of the stages you mention. Scary as hell isn't it?

Deedee Dupree
05-16-2009, 02:34 PM
I appreciate your elation when you finally found it!

Once in the City my car was stolen. Before I could afford a garage I parked on the streets with alt. side of the street parking. So when it wasn't where I thought it was I started to check out all the previous locations to no avail. Finally reality sunk in. The empty space where it had been looked as large as a football field! Well, I made a police report & went home. Three hours later the cops called and told me they had located the car and I could pick it up. Went to the location and there it was sitting on cinder blocks, no wheels, engine, trans, seats... the entire thing had been stripped! Garage after that.

Anyway, the bra flag is interesting..... depending on the crook it might be taken as a bad omen to grab that one,... maybe something would rub off on 'em. <laugh>OTOH, you never know if there are any bra stealers around. dd

NancyTO
05-16-2009, 04:32 PM
Sound like a Seinfeld epidsode. :D

trannie T
05-16-2009, 10:42 PM
I can not believe that anyone can be so stupid as to lose their own automobile. I haven't lost mine for over a week.

Christina Horton
05-16-2009, 11:11 PM
I can not believe that anyone can be so stupid as to lose their own automobile. I haven't lost mine for over a week.

Well dear I am use to driving a big semi (an 18 wheeler) so you can under stand why I could lose my car so thr.......Hay are you calling me stupideder or somethingg.

LOL.

A week eh well your Blondie after all HUN.

Christinedreamer
05-16-2009, 11:46 PM
I designed a special alarm and disable system for my truck that will be a real problem for anyone dumb enough to steal it. If you try to start it without entering a code, it will lock the doors, disable the fuel pump, lock the brakes and it plays a precorded message to sit tight as the cops are on the way.

I also have a remote controlled cannister of .005% mercaptan under the seat. That is the rotten egg smell in odorized natural gas. In an enclosed space it will cause violent vomiting, cramping and nausea. I did this after having my Jimmy taken for a joy ride after some teen punks smashed a window and the steering column. I was going to install a taser type system in the seat but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Nicole Erin
05-17-2009, 01:42 AM

Bite your tongue woman, I lose my car every time I go to walmart.
The though of how stupid I look pushing a cart around the lot bothers me more than the possibility that it was stolen.

Thing is, my car is a true coveted classic. 197,000 original miles on a 19 year old classic. It doesn't even smell that bad either.

Christina Horton
05-19-2009, 01:31 AM
Sound like a Seinfeld epidsode. :D

I hate Seinfeld!!!:Angry3:

Christina Horton
06-07-2009, 05:07 PM
I feel your pain, honestly. I had my car towed once and went through all of the stages you mention. Scary as hell isn't it?

My car is so low profile I can't see it over the other cars. SO I need to know exactly where it is or a panic and then I see it and I can breath again.

Nicole Erin
06-07-2009, 06:57 PM
...I need to know exactly where it is or a panic and then I see it and I can breath again.

Why is there a breathing device that you keep in your car? Why not just carry it with you, and if it is a nabulizer, why not get a portable one?

Stephanie-L
06-08-2009, 12:06 AM
As another Vette owner (2003), I know I would be heartbroken if I lost my "Baby". My wife occasionally gets annoyed at me because I take better care of my car than I do hers, but this is a car I have wanted for 30 years, so I do get a little carried away....Stephanie

curse within
06-08-2009, 12:08 AM
That sucks

deborahtg42
06-08-2009, 12:25 AM
hi Christina

I have an idea, spray your car bright pink, no-one would steal it then anyway and you could spot it in the car park easily or even the next car park.

I can see the sales of pink cars increasing as we speak, Go Pink Cars Go, lol

Leslie Mary S
06-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Ya know at one time you could get a pink 'Vette. You can also get a mustard 'school bus' yellow one. Tey don't get taken as often.

Christina Horton
06-08-2009, 09:42 PM
Why is there a breathing device that you keep in your car? Why not just carry it with you, and if it is a nabulizer, why not get a portable one?

Well MY car is one big iron lung and when I get in it I can breath easier see.LOL

hi Christina

I have an idea, spray your car bright pink, no-one would steal it then anyway and you could spot it in the car park easily or even the next car park.

I can see the sales of pink cars increasing as we speak, Go Pink Cars Go, lol

I would love to paint it pink only if I can get a color changing paint like the paint that's on her. By the way her name is Eve-vette. LOL.