PDA

View Full Version : Mango products ripped me off!!!!

Felix
05-15-2009, 08:04 AM
I ordered a Pack and Pee last December, it cost me £48. The money went through and out of my bank. I gave them six weeks which is the normal delivery time outside the USA. Then in February they put a notice up on the site saying they were having problems and to give 10 weeks outside the USA. So I did. Then in March still no delivery so I emailed them sending copies of paypal transactions and proof it had gone out of my bank. April still no response off Mango, so sent the same email again. May still no response so I tried opening a dispute through PayPal unfortunately it was outside of the six weeks they require for disputes so I have now lost my money. I will never order from Mango again and I hope that none of you have suffered this treatment.

I have since aquired an alternative which has been delivered to me within a week and works adequately no thanx to Mango or PayPal who cleverly close disputes after 45 days.

Felix :straightface:

~Kelly~
05-15-2009, 09:11 AM
OUCH! That is a lot of money to just throw away! I am sorry that happened. As for Mango, did they have any other payment options for international orders OTHER than Paypal? If not, it may have been a scam on their part knowing the policies that Paypal has in place regarding the 6 week time limit.

Felix
05-15-2009, 09:26 AM
Hi Kelly this is exactly what myself and my partner think. It would be a stroke of luck now if my product turned up. I have never ordered from them before I have always used Underworks for stuff and paypal have never been a problem either. Oh well I will let you all know of any further developments of course xx Felix :brolleyes:

Dressing Jill
05-15-2009, 09:27 AM
Sorry to here about your loss.

They seem to be in Spain. The INTERNET search turned up some stuff on credit card fraud.

I have been ripped off from a company in Italy several years ago.

So I have learned to buy from only the most reputable companies. It doesn't do much for the mom and pop business. However that is how it is. The nature of the beast.

Hugs :hugs:

Jill

Felix
05-15-2009, 01:08 PM
Thanx Jill and yeah they are supposed to be reutable but I know of someone else who has had the same problem so I'm taking the same line of action as them too see what happens. I'll keep ya updated. xx Felix :hugs:

ZenFrost
05-15-2009, 02:41 PM
The only thing I can think to do is keep complaining to them. What my sister does in those situations is call and say "I'm going to keep calling every hour until you resolve this," and then she does exactly that. If you hassle them endlessly, you might be able to get your money back or get what you ordered. If all else fails, you can start filing complaints. I hope this can get worked out.

Thornton
05-15-2009, 03:48 PM
I agree with Zen your money is your money and you don't deserve this. After you are reimbursed, then of course never order from them again. But, don't let them walk all over you

Felix
05-15-2009, 03:49 PM
Thanx Zen, I have every intention of hastling them believe you me!!!! As for your sister, go girl go!!!!

I forgot I did order my first mango from them two years ago and it did come in reasonable time so I am dissapointed that this has happened :(

Anyways I'll keep ya posted peeps xx Felix :hugs:

Deborah Jane
05-15-2009, 03:59 PM
Hi Felix, sorry to hear you got ripped off :sad:

Hopefully by you posting what happened to you on here, word will get around the community and Mango will go out of business!!

trisha59
05-15-2009, 04:24 PM
Sometimes Pen and Ink works best. See if you can find out the name of the owner or some other high ranking official and send a cetified letter.

DanielMacBride
05-16-2009, 12:50 AM
This has happened to three guys on an Australian FtM mailing list I am on recently too - they all ordered Mango products late last year and have not received the goods or a refund and no contact from the company.

I'd say take it as far as you can and make sure you tell EVERYONE not to buy from Mango, I will certainly not be recommending them to anyone since I know several people who have been ripped off by them now.

I hope you manage to get your money back, that's a lot of money to lose (keep track of how much it costs you to chase it up, too, maybe you can get that back out of them in future as well, and if it was me, I'd be angry enough to want to hit them for the cost of chasing it up).

Felix
05-16-2009, 05:49 AM
Thanx Peeps :) This seems to becoming even more widley spread than I thought and yeah I am telling peeps I know not to order from them due to this incompitence and discraceful customer service!!!! I know of one person through a friend who threatened legal action and emailed them everyday until he got the goods and an extra packer free to compensate him. So I am taking the same vain and going to see what happens :straightface:

Mean time like I was saying I have aquired an alternative which is adaptable for use in my packer and myself and my partner will be adapting it this weekend hopefully. I watched a guy on you tube do this so we are going to do it. I won't need the extension pipe though the device I got is adequate for the purpose and the same length as my packer. Gods it has made so much difference already its unbelievable. For any of you boys who are interested its called a 'Shewee' and ya can get them and extension pipes from www.presentsformen.co.uk in the presents for girls section it's £6.99 and the service is good. I must admit we do think the extension pipe is a bit on the stiff side too.
Anyways I'll keep you posted on the results of our venture....Thanx again all :) xx Felix

Felix
05-18-2009, 04:08 AM
Ok I made my own version and it works well so I feel much better about things now :) I have also emailed mango everyday and will continue to do so until they sort things out :) xx Felix :hugs:

Seamus_Jameson
05-18-2009, 11:11 AM
*grin* I'll have to remember the hourly call trick.

This is really disappointing to hear, 'cuz I've seen so many good reviews of their products and service. Maybe they'll get it back together again; if not, oh well. At least, they'd better give you your money back, Felix!

Felix
05-19-2009, 05:56 AM
Thanx Seamus :) xx Felix :hugs:

PS Love ya name by the way :)