PDA

View Full Version : Oh Well

Donna Marie
05-15-2009, 09:30 AM
A few weeks ago I seemed to have more courage and I went to the supermarket a couple of times fully en femme. Well, the courage waned so today I was there in drab. I picked up a bottle of CoverGirl makeup along with my groceries and went to my usual checkout line. The gal there is always very nice. She was pleasant when I was there as Donna Marie, never letting on she knew me (although I thought she probably did). This morning confirmed it - she scanned the makeup and said, "Now, are you sure you got the right shade?" And she said it with a smile. I smiled back and said, "I'm pretty sure. But you never know, you never know." So, no secret there, but no hassles either.

As an aside, I am definitely NOT sure about the shade - I wanted to try a darker shade to see how does on beard shadow.

Mary Morgan
05-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Hi Donna, yesterday I was in Walmart taking care of some "honeydos" and decided to pick up a few items. I was en drab. Anyway, I got to the checkout and all I had from my list was a few lightbulbs, antacid, and some drill bits. Additionally, I bought a bra, support panty, hose, nail polish, and blush. Of course the bras must be opened to remove the security tab. Well, as I was leaving the checker said, "Did you find everything?" I said more than I planned, and she said, Well have a great day and enjoy Hon". I just love that.

Byanca
05-15-2009, 09:38 AM
How wonderful :) You could have asked. I know I like to talk about things I'm good at. And raised girls tends to be skilled at this.

Christina Horton
05-15-2009, 10:02 AM
If you want to cover the beard better (if you don't do this now) before you put you foundation on apply a thin coat of blush over the beard. It helps to get rid of the blue of the beard and lasts longer. Give it a try and tell us if it worked.

DonnaT
05-15-2009, 10:40 AM
I've been asked a similar question Donna. Either the SA is playing with you, or thinking you are getting the makeup for a spouse, usually. At least when I've talked to them after they ask about the right shade/color.

So, maybe she put the drab you together with the enfemme you, and maybe not.

Slap on the foundation, go back, and ask her if you got the right shade ;)

Carly D.
05-15-2009, 07:47 PM
I had this happen to me as well.. I was wearing my heels (booties only not cross dressed at all beyond that) and went into the Walmart, yeah I finally did that.. wore these shoes into a Home Depot, yeah got that one too... then a week later couldn't bring myself to repeat this feat.. why??? I don't know..