PDA

View Full Version : Surprises

Darla in Pa.
05-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Yesterday I got all dressed just casual, Capris and a nice top did my nails and really liked how my makeup turned out. So I took the dog for a walk and seen lots of people no one even had a clue I think. So I get home really pleased. Had a couple of beers thinking of what I can do next.

I really wanted to show off I guess, and did something crazy really. I called and elderly lady friend of mine (who I more or less adopted as a mom) and asked her if she was up for a surprise, didn't give her a clue of what it was.

After another beer judgement went down and courage went up *LOL* so I go knock on her door and when and she opened it I asked her for directions we talked for a few minutes, she didn't know who I was! I finnaly had to drop my voice and call her my pet name for her before she realized who I was.

Now for the surprise! Her late husbands were both CD's. She could not believe my look though kept shaking her head saying wow you look great.

So now were going out for dinner with me being Darla soon, What a fun day!

Darla

SherriePall
05-16-2009, 10:59 AM
Darla -- What are the odds of that happening? Congratulations for choosing the right person to "out" yourself to.

Christina Horton
05-16-2009, 11:07 AM
That is so cool , you just never know about people. She is the winter season of her life eh. well just think of her late husband's whom dressed did they go out stayed in . Just image the problems they would have had 50 or more years ago.CDing then now Internet no good support group of those poor girls. WOW. Life is so cool when you find out this stuff. Hug her for all of us and see if she will come on (with you at the same time ) and have her tell us how it was back then. Have fun with you new GIRL FRIEND AND ADOPTED MOMMY.

boardpuppy
05-16-2009, 11:09 AM
What a wonderful suprise. It Just goes to show, it takes all kinds to make the world go round. On your next outing, snap a couple of pics, I'm sure everyone would really enjoy sharing your adventures.

Hugs,
Alice

Cary
05-16-2009, 11:19 AM
WOW! That is so cool! It's nice to see something else beside a good buzz come from drinking beer.

Annie D
05-16-2009, 11:52 AM
Now you have someone to go out with; shopping, dinner or just a place to go and visit. Everyone should be as lucky as you have become because you have become connected with someone who won't judge you but accept you as you are.

Terrihoney
05-16-2009, 12:49 PM
That is so very cool!! And some folks think that no good comes from drinking. I'll guess that when the two of you go out, it will a perfect blend in public. A daughter with her Mother. Plus a great shopping partner!
Have a great time, lucky both of you.

Hugs, Terri