PDA

View Full Version : If You Could Educate the Public

susandrea
05-16-2009, 04:21 PM
If you were in a position to get a message across to the general (unwashed) public about crossdressers, what THREE things would you most want to tell them?

Sarah...
05-16-2009, 05:23 PM
1) We're all different.
2) We're all different.
3) We're all different.

TSchapes
05-16-2009, 05:31 PM
There's a difference between sexual orientation and gender identity and that the two intermingle.
We are more closeted than gays, but may have the same number of people that are trans. We don't know how many because some are so deeply closeted.
There is nothing wrong with us, we are not perverts, we come from all walks of life, we are male Tom-boys!

-Tracy

Ralph
05-16-2009, 10:14 PM
1) We are (most of us) not gay.
2) Most of us don't want SRS.
3) It's only clothes.

jennCD
05-16-2009, 10:22 PM
1) We may be different but we're just as far from normal as most of you are.

2) Just cos we like wearing heels doesn't mean we want to wear them 24/7.

3) We're not all murderous prostitute junkies looking for the next victim, and in the same breath, we do not want to be the next victim either.

Alana65
05-16-2009, 10:31 PM
2) Most of us don't want SRS.
3) It's only clothes.

.............:yt:

trannie T
05-16-2009, 10:31 PM
We can help to educate others without outing ourselves. If crossdressing comes up in daily conversation we can always remember something we read in a magazine some time ago. We can correct other's transphobic statements. If we gently speak for ourselves we can do much to educate others.

Christina Horton
05-16-2009, 11:18 PM
we are male Tom-boys!

-Tracy

Well I would say male ((((((Tomasina Girls.))))))

Since I don't pass I feel like I help every time I go out. When they see me and read me there is your education sister. One person at a time.
For me at least.

Shari
05-17-2009, 04:19 AM
(1) Our brains are no more twisted than yours

(2) It's just silk instead of denim

(3) We're zero threat to you

Lisa Golightly
05-17-2009, 04:53 AM
If you prick us, do we not bleed? if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison us, do we not die?

Fab Karen
05-17-2009, 05:04 AM

There's no scientific evidence for the word most. Many is a better word to use. Of course, the most accurate thing to say is that we run the gamut gay, bi, heterosexual, just like any group of people.

Stephanie Stephens
05-17-2009, 05:37 AM
We are all humans,
live and let live,
and get over it.

Claire Cook
05-17-2009, 06:06 AM
To add to what's been said:

1. We might very well be the guy next door
2. We are not threatening anyone
3. There is nothing wrong with appreciating and wearing female clothes

deja true
05-17-2009, 07:11 AM
1) People who live in glasshouses...blah, blah, blah...

2) Fess Up! We know you really like it!

3) I know what you did last summer!

:tongueout

sometimes_miss
05-17-2009, 07:15 AM
Learn to use logic correctly.
Yes, most child molesters were sexually abused themselves when they were children.

That does not mean that the reverse is also true, that most people who were abused as children will also tend to abuse children as well.

The very vast majority of people who were abused find the thought so repulsive that we get angry even at the possibility that someone might be sexually abusing a child.

Can't understand it?
See:
All oranges are fruits.
Are all fruits therefore oranges?
NO.

Nicki B
05-17-2009, 07:18 AM
What do mean, if? :strugglin

JFDI. :rolleyes:

Each of us is very different - you can't just lump us together and treat us the same our assume or motivations are the same..

Jocelyn Quivers
05-17-2009, 07:34 AM
1) We're all different.
2) We're all different.
3) We're all different.

:iagree:

Gabrielle Hermosa
05-17-2009, 07:53 AM
If you were in a position to get a message across to the general (unwashed) public about crossdressers, what THREE things would you most want to tell them?

1) We're not crazy. This isn't a disorder or mental condition. It's a difference just like any other personal trait.

2) We're not perverts. While some cd's are perverts, MOST cd's are not. I'm sure the ratio is similar to that of non-cd's who are perverts. ;)

3) We're not trying to deceive with our appearances - at least not with any ill will (or at least 99.99% of us). We've got a strong feminine side and enjoy expressing it in our feminine appearance and presentation.

Those are the first three that came to mind. There are really a zillion points to make. I will have the opportunity to educate the public in a public talk later this year. I'll be explaining as many of the realities as I can and allow for questions. I'll also ask people NOT to hold back with their questions. I don't care what they want to know, so long as they ask respectfully. I'll give very honest answers - right down to all the sexuality questions that I'm sure will be the biggest. I welcome the questions and I'm not embarrassed about anything to do with who I am. :)

Dressing Jill
05-17-2009, 07:56 AM
everyone has the right to there own lifes.

women cross dress

I won't hurt you

susandrea
05-17-2009, 09:59 AM
Thank you ladies! Your answers are all great.

:love:

Miranda09
05-17-2009, 10:01 AM
1) We're not crazy. This isn't a disorder or mental condition. It's a difference just like any other personal trait.

2) We're not perverts. While some cd's are perverts, MOST cd's are not. I'm sure the ratio is similar to that of non-cd's who are perverts. ;)

3) We're not trying to deceive with our appearances - at least not with any ill will (or at least 99.99% of us). We've got a strong feminine side and enjoy expressing it in our feminine appearance and presentation.

Those are the first three that came to mind. There are really a zillion points to make. I will have the opportunity to educate the public in a public talk later this year. I'll be explaining as many of the realities as I can and allow for questions. I'll also ask people NOT to hold back with their questions. I don't care what they want to know, so long as they ask respectfully. I'll give very honest answers - right down to all the sexuality questions that I'm sure will be the biggest. I welcome the questions and I'm not embarrassed about anything to do with who I am. :)

:iagree: And, just to add, to say we have a gender identity disorder sounds like someone dropped on us on our heads and we belong in some sort of long term mental care facility. I prefer, gender identity curiosity (even that is TOO clinical). :)

joann07
05-17-2009, 10:38 AM
1. We're not the typical stereotypes you see on Jerry Springer.

2. We're good people who are law biding citizens and who live and work normal everyday lives.

3. We don't bite so come up and talk to us.

Hugs!

Ruth
05-17-2009, 11:08 AM
As Nicki B implied, we're all in a position to do this. And it can be steady and subtle, not in-your-face.
You have to engage people where they are if you want to influence them.

Jilmac
05-17-2009, 01:27 PM
I would tell them; first, that the majority of us are not gay, second, that there's nothing sick or perverted in ones desire to emulate those we admire, third, there are much more important things in life to be concerned with than the clothes a person chooses to wear.:2c:

Sonia Greene
05-17-2009, 01:57 PM
1. We're not the typical stereotypes you see on Jerry Springer.

2. We're good people who are law biding citizens and who live and work normal everyday lives.

3. We don't bite so come up and talk to us.

Hugs!

You hit it JUST ____how I see it.

Sonia